Collage Reviews

Collage

All-in-one HR software for modern businesses

4.2/5 (32 reviews)

Tetranex Solutions Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Collage has greatly reduced our HR costs. We are very happy to have switched over and look forward to growing together.

Pros

Collage is very straight forward and easy to navigate. The price is great compared to our former web-based software HR platform and the fact that it is Canadian is very helpful. The benefit administration has also proven to be very helpful. Online support always follows up, and I very much appreciate that.

Cons

I know Collage is still relatively new, but some of the feature requests that have been submitted still haven't come to fruition. For example, the inability to sort reports with the platform. I wish you could click on a report column heading and have it auto-sort (i.e. alpahbetically, numerically, etc). I also have requested the ability to create folders in each individuals "Documents" tab so we can organize documents accordingly.

Response from Collage

Hi there and thank you for your feedback! It's very meaningful to us to hear what is working well and where we can improve. As per your request, we have just launched the ability to create folders in your "Documents" tab. You can learn more in our help guide: http://support.collage.co/documents/document-folders

Please don't hesitate to contact your account manager if you have any questions. We look forward to growing together, too!

-Team Collage

Ben A.

Intuitive, great HRIS with excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

It's been amazing for the price, the whole company has really adopted it quickly, even the older staff. It's a beautiful user interface to be honest, we have removed a lot of issues around time-off and around performance management and saved on recruiting costs.

Pros

Its ease of use, the customer support is amazing, always new updates making it better. Recruiting integration with indeed.com. Performance reviews. Integrates with GWL benefits and Wagepoint payroll.

Cons

Training module has potential to be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to be able to design courses in the software. Time-off could use a bit more detail when it presents on the company Outlook calendar, would be nice to see the exact hours people are off during each particular day.

Margaux M.

Our company loves Collage!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

We did not have an HRIS before Collage so we improved so many things I hardly know where to start: even just having an automated way to track time off was a big bonus for us. We love the PTO calendars and the onboarding and offboarding tasks. The ATS was a huge improvement because it made it so much easier to keep track of interview processes with multiple people involved. And my account manager is always there to walk through new ideas with me and help me make the most of Collage.

Pros

It's easy to get up and running, very intuitive from both user and administrator perspective, and their customer support is outstanding.

Cons

When we first started using Collage there were a few minor annoyances, but their product development team is so responsive, most of these have all been resolved in the 9 months since we have been using it. The only thing left they need is Single Sign-On with Google.

Steffanie H.

The transition from HR track has been fairly easy.

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

It is making it easier for me to deal with all of the time off requested by staff and keep an ongoing record of it. I also like to have staff numbers at my fingertips instead of digging out their files for contact info. Plus, i can access this from anywhere.

Pros

The calendar feature is great along with the ability to allow staff to login and request time off. There are some cons for calendar but i've listed them below. I like the user interface and the staff have taken to it quite easily. I like the custom fields, just wish they were in the payroll affected area as well such as for rrsp contribution amounts.

Cons

The reporting functionality, in particular for time off. I would like to be able to pull a report on just one employee with a list of all days off. It also doesn't stop you from booking the same day for the same person twice. There should be a warning or error. The benefits section is not applicable to any provider except your own. I understand you are working on this so i look forward to that upgrade. Also, would like to have reminders for calendar as an option.

Jonas B.

The right solution at the right time

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Collage has been a fantastic partner. From the on-boarding process to occasional support, they are professional, friendly and great at what they do!

Pros

The system is very intuitive and easy to operate. Both administrative staff and employees enjoy the simplicity of the platform.

Cons

I would like thought and design into the HR policy and procedure requirements that a company has. A documentation and review management policy app would really help manage an overwhelming process.

Catheryn K.

Great intuitive HRIS for small to mid sized businesses

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

The software doesn't do everything that I'd like it to do now but I've used many HRIS and there is always something that is a miss in any system. But Collage seems to listen and is constantly launching updates and improvements and I know they will get there. The service people there are always trying to make it better. It really is a system and company geared to truly supporting our business and HR people out there.

Pros

I really like the software if intuitive as an HR person. The customer service and support has also been great so far. The feature suggestion button is great and they actually do listen to customer feedback.
The connection to our benefits is a nice feature. The ability to set email reminders to employees is also great.

Cons

It is still evolving and there are some small enhancements that need to be done but I have confidence they will get done over time since Collage seems very in tune with their customer. The performance review module is good but needs some ability to be able to set dates to launch it in the future and to also repeat those dates and as of now you need to set a launch date each and every time for every single person.
I'm not so sure about exchanges with payrolls and other systems.

Nav G.

Collage Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Performance check in but not for year end of mid year.

Vacation/ Personal Day requests

Pros

How easy it is to navigate through the system.
Minimal training required for staff--- which is a plus because there is less resistance to learn a new software.

Cons

No option for taking lieu time with overtime or subtracting overtime when someone wants it paid off. Right now it's going into the system and subtracting it.

Hours entered for overtime are a percentage of the number of hours worked in a day rather than listing worked 45 minutes overtime it's .7--- confusing for staff

Natalie B.

Love Collage

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

With CollageHR, you get great value for money, exceptional customer service and a platform that is very easy to customize. CollageHR also offers a feedback section where you can provide suggestions and ideas as they are continuously improving and adapting their platform to meet their customers needs.

Pros

There is so much to love about this software. However, if I only had to pick one, it would be the ease of use. This software is incredibly user friendly! I am able to customize on a whim and should I need help, my questions are answered in a very timely manner.

Cons

I would say the one thing I feel that this software is missing is an App. I would love for their to be a mobile App. Hopefully this is something that is in the works.

Basic, but it does the job

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Track employee information in one spot! Helps to make onboarding, offboarding and vacation/time off requests easy.

Pros

Good system when it was offered for free. Makes onboarding/offboarding easy with customized email reminders to make the experience seamless. Allows a company to have important information in one spot. Also great for tracking vacation and time-off requests.

Cons

No longer offered for free. Great for small to medium sized companies, but I wouldn't recommend it for a larger company. There are comparable options out there.

7.0/10
Kelly K.

Painfully simple features & horrible/rude customer service

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

The only pro I can see with this company is that it's free, but you get what you pay for. It's not even worth free.

Cons

First and foremost, their staff are incredibly rude. They will stalk you after signing up, calling multiple locations for which they were not provided contact info, and disrupting our business with these harassing and spammy calls. We have to ask them multiple times to quit calling/messaging us, and they continued to do so endlessly.

The so-called HR 'features' they offer are so bare boned it's laughable. They are just here to stink you into a benefits plan, and I can't even imagine how poorly that would go based on the the staff member I dealt with. Avoid!

Response from Collage

Hi Kelly - We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with Collage. Our intention is to help our customers find a solution when the sign up for the platform - not to bait and switch or mislead. We take this feedback very seriously and will take whatever measures possible to fix this issue.

0.0/10
Carl C.

Collage is everything we had hoped for in a HR program; as a small not for profit it met our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Saves time; processes information; supports staff.

Pros

Functionality; we have already used it for 'on-boarding' new staff and it works like a dream. We have set up all of our systems on Collage including HR policies, offer letters etc.

Cons

I would like a function that tracks time off -lieu time. Taking time off and tracking it, is an area that we need help in; the vacation, sick days function is very good, bu t there are days that staff work overtime and we need to track that including permission and approvals.

Maryanne H.

Collage 2019 review

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

once the information is loaded, everything is in one spot, we have eliminated 5 or 6 spreadsheets. reports are easy to configure and can load it with all the information. Support is always there to help

Pros

Ease of use, Developers and supports is very open to making changes, improvements. All HR info in one spot. everyone has access

Cons

Needs an APP for employees to access with more ease. Still some weird quirks that need to be ironed out. some things are unprintable, emails sometimes don't go out.

Daniela M.

Valuable, wide adoption, was easy to implement, great customer service

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Employee database, time tracking, performance, record keeping

Pros

Ease of use, many features and many new features being added. I appreciate having the ability to express our needs and see them implemented.

Cons

some reporting is missing (birthdates) and no org chart, 360 performance ability would be great also

Response from Collage

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it.
Some of your suggestions are currently in our pipeline: org charts in next 2 weeks, 360 reviews & birthdays by end of summer. Have a great day!

Audrey N.

Collage has a great user interface that is easy to use for all of our employees.

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

We're able to give feedback on improvements, and we can see the impact of our feedback quickly. If we ask for a certain button, it will be worked on and added.

Cons

There are some functionalities that are still missing, but I really appreciate that our customer success representative keeps us abreast of what they're working on and timelines for when these functionalities will be added.

Simple, clean, basic HRIS - perfect for SMB's!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

- great features for the price-point, perfectly serves a SMB that doesn't need enterprise-level HRIS software
- very basic without comprehensive set of features, although they take feedback seriously and are making constant improvements!

Pros

- clean and easy to use as a user or admin
- employee "self serve" or "self enrolment" options to enter their own info
- integrates seamlessly with benefits provider
- mobile-friendly

A solid HR system

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

- As a department head, it's easy to manage staff
- Staff find the interface simple to use
- Integration into calendars is very useful

Cons

- For some reason, my login sessions never last past a single use.

Aggie S.

Excellent for HR beginners and experts

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Way easier to manage employee time off calendars and secure data.

Pros

Ease of use, great features, FREE, fantastic customer support, listens to suggestions, and when they don't have a solution, they always have another suggestion of where to follow.

Cons

I would really love an app to offer for my employees to request time off to make things easier on the go.

Response from Collage

Thanks for the feedback.

Garci I.

Collage is a perfect fit for our needs. I'm impressed with quality of customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

It's easy to use. Updates and new features are proposed on a real regularly basis. Custumer support is great. Design is lean and effective!

Cons

As is a new product, some features are missing, but since I started working with Collage a lot of the missing features have been developed or are in their backlog. Collage team is also really interested in our feedback.

Easy, professional and intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Deeper insight into our employee profiles, easy and secure way to collect employee bank and SIN information, flexible benefits package choices.

Pros

Onboarding new employees and updating policy changes are very easy, and the process is documented so I always know where we're at. I like that it's easy to add benefits packages, and customize our business needs with those packages. It seems very efficient, which is helpful because we don't have lots of time to navigate cumbersome steps.

Cons

I wish it synched with payroll software. Keeping two sets of employee profiles doesn't make sense. I wish it was easier to add onboarding steps and customize the welcome email for new hires to align with our branding.

Erin B.

Good experience with a helpful tool

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Everything centralized in one place, better time off tracking, easier to track reviews.

Pros

Simple, clean design with the features that we need. Less complicated and easier to use than other similar products such as Bamboo HR. Customer service is generally prompt and I can see that updates and improvements are being made. The price is right as well!

Cons

I've experienced a couple bugs, some of which I'm still waiting to get fixed. A few features such as the calendar function don't work well with our cloud environment and some other features like the time off policy and PTO calendar editing permissions are a little inflexible for our needs but we have found workarounds.

Anisa B.

The tool is easy to use but does not have many features

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

We moved off from Google Spreadsheets and now we can store all our employee data in one place. It is a lot easier to book time off vs our old way.

Pros

It's free and easy to use. It pulls basic reports that you need at the moment and it's better than maintaining data in Google spreadsheets, however there is so much more that you should be able to do with the tool.

Cons

It could have so many more functionalities, starting with compensation history. Also another huge downer is the fact that you cannot have different access levels to the information. IE direct managers should be able to look at their team's info.

Response from Collage

Thanks for the feedback. Some of your suggestions are currently in our pipeline: Comp history by end of June, manager permissions is now available - ask your account manager for more info. Have a great day!

5.0/10
Paul H.

simple to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Simple to use. Good value for money, Canadian product! Unlike the competition no upfront fees to implement. Support staff very friend and helpful.

Cons

Missing the ability to do more customization which I think most client in a regulated industry would require.

Robin W.

Super Collage HR

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

the people at Collage are awesome, in helping with the set-up and launch, any questions were quickly answered, sometimes more than once - they respond asap.

Pros

Time saving - my employees were always asking, how many vacation days, how many sick days, do I have an lieu time.. our old system was one of having an excel sheet for each employee, now they just log in , check their own data, apply for time and it comes to my inbox for approval - as well as the CEO's... it is great. We just started using it, so haven't been able to utilize all of its abilities.

Cons

have no cons, everything seems to work fine.

Natasha S.

user friendly, easily accessible anywhere/anytime, great reporting

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

I like that its very easy of use and there is a logical flow and sequence to adding or editing information. I also like that it is web based so I can access information anywhere I have an internet connection.

Brenda L.

HR Processes Simplified

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Support has been fantastic!

Pros

It has simplified the HR processes for us, especially the on-boarding process

Cons

Would like to be able to decide what is mandatory fields for our employees.