Rocketium

4,7
Enrico K.

Fast and complete tool for Video Automation

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

We are in the media industry and thanks to Rocketium we were able to easily integrate their API in our CMS to let our Journalist complement their articles with video stories.

This lets journalist with little to no video making training quickly turn around photo galleries and user videos in engaging short videos.

Pros

Rocketium system makes it easy and fast to create simple videos, what make them better than any other similar systems in their price range is the API that really lets you easily integreate and leverage their technology in your own workflow.

Cons

There is nothing i really dislike about it, in the last couple of years their team has really improved both their frontend and their API and have been attentive and quick to respond to any issues.

Mickey C.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Automated Video Workflow

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Not-Forgotten.com is a website where consumers can create a personal time capsule which tells their story via video. We have opening and closing scenes, along with transitions between the video segments. We would not be able to manually do this because of the number of daily edits that normally would have to be done manually. There simply is not enough time in a day to manually edit the files so automation was key to our success. With an easy to use API, along with the support from Rocketium we are able to process our files with great success. This is a great team to work with and I highly recommend them and their services.

Pros

Rocketium is a video automation package that allows users to submit raw videos to the system, which then produces a finished polished product. We implemented using the API with our website, it was easy to use and the results are fantastic. Working with the team to create templates for our product is as simple as sending them an email with the "scenes" and them putting together the JSON file for us.
The support is fantastic and always timely.

Cons

I have no complaints about the product, automation, or support.

Darren C.

Terrible Experience

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Not good

Pros

Software was basic at best, we used it for about a month but it wasn’t what was promised.

Cons

When we tried to cancel, they would not let us and then after billing for another month, they refused to offer a refund. Now have to go through VISA to attempt a chargeback. The whole time I was asking for a refund they CSR kept asking me to give feedback on what features I didn’t like. It was insane.

Response from Rocketium

Hi Darren!
Sorry to hear about your experience. From what I can see in the records, your charge was refunded for the next month. It does take about 5-7 days from PG's end to return the money to your account.
I hope we can get another chance to delight you with our product and service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Gianni G.
Industry: Online Media

Rocketium isn't just a software

Reviewed on 2020/07/05

We are using Rocketium implemented on our CMS and we create social video (news contents) to publish on our website, desktop and mobile/app, and on our social channels (FB/IG/Linkedin).

Pros

Usually, it isn't easy to find a good software with a good team ready to support and help the customer without the complicate relations. The Rocketium team is great. Every time ready to solve the problems. And last but not least, ready to find every time a custom solution.
That's is fantastic for our company...

Cons

Right now, after two years working with Rocketium, every time we found some limits on the software, together with them we solved everything. Of course, we don't pretende to have a super car payed as a city car... but Rocketium is a good solution to have much more paying less...
In the same time, the Rocketium team is working everyday to grow up... and that's great.

Richie M.

Rocketium Rocks!!!

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Our customer had a requirement to create videos based on pre-approved templates.
We integrated our solution with the Rocketium API to automate the entire video creation process.
Rocketium's mixture of technology, template design and their people deliver quality at scale.

Pros

Rocketium provides a platform to create high quality videos affordably at scale.
Our original use case was outside of their offering but they were able to work with us to meet our requirements and added the features to their platform as part of the base offering.
Their API is robust and their support is second to none.
I highly recommend Rocketium.

Cons

No cons to speak of, every hurdle has been addressed.
With all API integrations there is a learning curve but nothing too painful...

William R.
Industry: Online Media

Great platform for creating programatic videos

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

We needed to quickly create thousands of videos, and the Rocketium team was helpful in setting us up to do that.

Pros

The API makes it easy to generate video files at scale. Rocketium was able to translate our video template into a design and JSON format, so that we could creates many videos with unique content. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the custom success team is very helpful in troubleshooting issues and helping our team get results.

Cons

A few parts of the API documentation were a bit confusing, but the customer success team helped clarify.

Elena P.

Great video editing app!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

I use the free version, but I also tested the paid version (which, of course, gives you a lot more to play with).
The free version, although limited, is still pretty good to help you make a great looking video, if you don't mind the Rocketium logo at the end.
I like the fact that they have free photos and clips inside the app, which you can insert into your videos. Of course, you can also use your own.
It's easy to use and anybody can learn it quickly enough.

Cons

The Rocketium logo at the end, but that's the price of free :). You can't do a lot of things with the free option, but you can do enough.

Nitin S.
Industry: Media Production

Making video creation great again

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Pros

Rocketium crunches video creation times, and the # of people with varied expertises needed to assemble orofessional videos.

Cons

It has bugs that crop up now and then for power users, but their team is always hands-on to fix things on the fly.

Oliver B.
Industry: Financial Services

Leading solution

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

There’s stock quality videos available for free within the app, meaning you can quickly build professional looking videos with ease. This is a standout feature in this category. If you need to create cheap but good social video ads, I recommend this tool.

Cons

Mobile app is a good idea but needs a fair bit of work.

Luke S.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Getting a great response on social with Rocketium videos

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I'm sure you are familiar with the online graphics app called Canva, it's great for making images for social media.

To me, Rocketium very much solves the same pain point but in video-format. Just as Canva enables 'anyone to become a designer' Rocketium allows anyone to become a 'video creator'.

For a long time I've seen how popular 'typographic' videos are on social, since they can be viewed (and read) whether or not the user has the sound on. This really hit home when I read that VaynerMedia had a whole division dedicated to captioning videos for their big-brand clients.

Of course, before I found your product, this would have been inconceivable, as there was no way to scale the video creation process effectively.

So far, I've made, perhaps three video versions of our blog posts using your product and click-through rates from Facebook to our website have doubled. It's such a stream-lined 'fill-in-the-gaps' approach that it only takes me about 12 minutes to create the video. ;-D

If I could change one thing I would add in the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides. Sometimes I enter them incorrectly or just want to change the order but the only way to do this (to my knowledge) is by cutting and pasting the text.

I'll definitely spread the word around in my community of around six thousand software-hungry subscribers over at 1WD.tv
I love it. I'm getting a great response on social with these videos.
Congrats on a great product and I look forward to using it much more in the new year.
And thanks for being so responsive. :-)

Pros

The ease of use - Rocketium is organized in a similar fashion to presentation software such as Google Slides or Powerpoint.
It just makes it 10x by empowering everyone with the brain and hands of a designer.

Cons

Just the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides.

Response from Rocketium

Hi Luke,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Rocketium gives everyone the power to be a video creator without any prior experience!
We are glad to hear that the CTR rate from Facebook to your website has doubled. :)
We are currently working on the captions and are looking forward to see you use Rocketium further!

Mostafa A.
Company size: Self Employed

Most value for money and time

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Hi there :))
First up, you are guys are really amazing. I don't know how you are able to do such a great support. This is really the best support that I've had since I discovered the internet.

I just created the first few videos and it has been made by a journalist who has no previous experience. And it's really amazing the total cost of this video (including the editor salary) is quiet less and it will be reduced if we produce more videos per month. That's really wonderful, I've talked with many colleagues and I'm sure there are at least three other websites considering it
I don't want to be annoying about my feedback but I have another idea to consider if you want.
Some of our videos are just about social media. So we need to show a tweet or facebook status in those videos. The background can be a still image and what I'm thinking is of a form asking the editor to enter username - handle - avatar- the text - and choose whether it's twitter or facebook and the platform will put that on the screen. I know it might sound rude but I took the liberty to make this guideline of what I imagined. I just find it easier to show you a photo than describing what I mean in words. I just sent my idea with a wireframe, hope it will be ok :))

So that's my other idea :)). I'm sorry for being your most annoying customer. but I'm a little bit excited about the platform and I really think it will bring something important into Arabic journalism.

Pros

Saves a lot of time. Video making can be done in about 45 minutes

Cons

None as such.
Would be good if we can pull in data from more sources

Response from Rocketium

Hello Mostafa,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Rocketium. :)

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Possibly the best online video creation software

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I've had an overall great experience using Rocketium. Having tried competitors like InVideo, Vidgeos, Lumen5, ContentSamurai and others, I found Rocketium to be the most flexible without a ton of manual steps. Support has been super helpful, implementing some of my suggestions to improve the service, and they recently released a UI update which makes video creation even easier! I recommend Rocketium to fellow marketers all the time!

Pros

I love how flexible Rocketium is to create the right kind of videos for your needs. I also love their templates which can often be enough to simply swap out images and text for your own. I've been using Rocketium for over a year, and don't have any complaints. The service has improved over that time. They decreased load and render times (faster), and have added more content to fit a wider array of video styles.

Cons

The biggest con I've found is the music selection. While adequate, there's not enough high-quality original music to wow me. I often upload my own music from AudioJungle, so it's not a deal killer, but would love some extra TLC put towards acquiring new music. That said, often these videos end up on social media where they are muted by default, and users don't actually bother to turn the sound on anyway.

Andy L.

Rocketium For Quick Video Production

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

For list type posts, Rocketium works well. I think this is the area it shines. I just copy and paste the main points from my post and voila, the video is done.

Pros

Rocketium provides templates in several categories. I can choose a template and customize to my niche. Or you can start from scratch. With templates, you can create a video quickly if time is a concern.

Cons

I was hoping that Rocketium can create new categories for the templates. They don't really have a lot of niches. The other thing is that I can only create one type of video. If you want explainer type or animated videos, Rocketium is not for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Mark S.

Functionally usable and good

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

It's a straightforward UI that allows you to get your video up and out there fast.
I like that it allows switching between slides and customizing very efficient, where some others are a bit clunky.
It renders video fast compared to some others, as well, though it's nominal.
The ability to add voice to the videos is a great feature too.
Adding images and music is simple and easy.

Cons

I can't get past the feel of their templates.
It's just ... a bit older feeling.
Slightly outdated ... can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't have the modern look that is mostly expected. But the bottom-line is ... get your content out there and this does that.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Naveen J.

I love how easy it is to use.

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Pros

Favourite thing about Rocketium is the ease of use. Adding images simply overlaying it with text has helped me make more than 50 videos a month for Sportskeeda's Facebook channel.

Cons

I want the most are the labels/tags/folder system. This would help me categorize my content in a better way.

Industry: Publishing

It Keeps Getting Better

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Rocketium has grown a lot since I became a user of the product. I’m impressed with how much they’ve grown and I look forward to where they are heading in the future.

Pros

I really like how they are focusing on adding video templates for different industries and occasions. As someone who helps a news agency and helps non-profits, I’m pleased that they've added news and non-profit video templates.

Cons

The video editing process could be improved. I’m not a big fan of their two-step video editing process.

Alex H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Rocketium

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Rocketium simplifies making promotional videos, enabling movies such as myself the ability to create quality products. It is literally a drag and drop operation of photos or videos coupled with typing in a desired message or caption. It offers the ability to use a premed template or design your own content. Finally, Rocketium enhances the product buy providing royalty free music to include as part of the video created.

Cons

The templates are wonderful; however, the templates do not allow the user to modify the template for personal preferences. For example, if the template requires each frame to have wording as part of the frame, one cannot proceed until words have been added. Sometimes, I would just like to have a graphic without any added inclusion.

Naveen D.

Give Rocketium the title of World's Easiest Tool to Create Social Media Video

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

I love using rocketium !! They made the complex process of creating Videos in a matter of few minutes. I used to create videos using After Effects which used to take a really long time to create a single video but after using rocketium . I can pump out many videos in a matter of minutes. Thak you so much rocketium team.

Cons

I would never say this as a con but there are only a few templates in the basket but I strongly believe many templates are being baked and will be served hot and fresh soon to the rocketium customers.

Ron elius S.

Rocketize your Content Marketing Effort

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Amazing!

Pros

The ease of use is what I love about Rocketium. The video templates cater to my chosen industry, and that’s a huge help for us because time is saved for customization not searching blindly in the age of information overwhelm.

Cons

Customization is limited for different templates but anyways, it's way better than a boring video that had no value in it.

Abhishek G.

Being a content writer and blogger, this app is a great boon!

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Pros

Rocketium helps me convert my written content into very interesting videos. I can add images, clips, and music to my content and spice it up. It has helped me produce some fun and quality content which gets much more reach and clicks than just a written blog. Having no designing and video editing background, the UI was pretty simple and I was good to go from minute 1. The set themes pretty much cover all the applications and I can customize them even further. Love the app! It's made my life much easier.

Shannon R.

Easiest Social Video Creation Software Around

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

I can create lots fo great looking social videos with no video editing experience

Pros

I love Rocketium! If you want to make cool social videos but lack the video editing skills, this is the tool for you. Simply add images/video and add your captions and their software will create great looking social videos for you. Comes with lots fo templates as well as free images, video and music clips you can use for free.

Cons

In order to make it very easy to use, you have limits on how you can much you can change the templates

Esther G.
Industry: Photography

Basic Slide Show Presentations

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I use Rocketium because sometimes I need quick walk-thru videos on houses or a simple slide show of images that doesn't look like it was simple to put together. Rocketium provides this to me. For more customization, I use another Adobe Rush or Premier

Pros

I like that their pre-made templates don't look like everyone else's, and once you get into them, they are pretty interchangeable.

Cons

It's hard to customize anything. You have to trial and error your way through if you need to move a text box, for instance. These are great for on the go, quick stuff, but for more options, this isn't the tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Rocketium lets you create high quality videos

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall, I Rocketium has a solid place in my marketing toolbox.

Pros

Rocketium is a good product for creating videos from text and using video to teach.

The technology it uses makes you look really good, because it has lots of moving parts that make it seem you spent hours on the video.

It also has plenty of great templates

I made some videos and everyone loved them. It made me look really good!

It has built in music and tips about how to make your videos look good.
For the marketer who doesn't have a lot of time to mess around, its a great tool and I recommend it.

Cons

The user interface could be a little smoother. It has a lot of power though, so that is the trade off.

Don S.
Industry: Wireless

Create "Buzz" style videos in minutes without having to be a video editor

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

The provide a ton of useful templates for creating videos for social media. Lets you resize and reformat content for every platform (vertical, landscape, square, Facebook ad), which is really dope.

Can import your blog content and drop it in your video in minutes.

The new version of the platform is easier to use.

Cons

The old version of the platform was buggy and sometimes video exports would look weird but a new version of the platform was just released.

Nick L.
Company size: Self Employed

Not an all powerful online video tool but extremely useful for certain types of videos

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

If you need to put together a video primarily with text and stock footage then this is the best tool. It's extremely easy for me to throw together a video that's based entirely on text. The new interface they just released makes it even easier to use and I highly recommend it for making simple text-based​ videos. They're basic but they can communicate a good message if done well. Rocketium gives you the tools to do it well but it's really up to the user to make it great or mess it up.

Cons

The timings function with the new updates is extremely difficult to use. I have to actually do math! Yuck! That's all I don't like about the new update.