CALCMENU Reviews

CALCMENU

Recipe management for foodservice professionals

4.9/5 (11 reviews)
Jacqueline L.

I've been using it for years

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

I have been using this program for years and have had several updates . From a home based private dining company we have grown into a restaurant group with several restaurants , a catering company and a dessert commissary . Calcmenu has been invaluable in helping me accurately cost my recipes , budget my market list and manage my inventory . It even contains nutritional analysis which came handy in a recent project I did which was a dessert book for diabetics . Adjusting recipes is always a breeze .

Pros

It is very user friendly and flexible . Saves a lot of time when you need to constantly work on a lot of recipes and at the same time manage your costs and inventory .

Cons

I hope o can upload excel based recipe files into Calcmenu

Jacqueline L.

professional kitchen software

Pros

Cons

I hope o can upload excel based recipe files into Calcmenu

Stacy B.

Professional Recipe Software

Reviewed on 2016/08/31

We use calcmenu for recipe development that includes cost, method of preparation, and nutrition information. We can also include images of the finished product. Calcmenu helps prepare food with a consistent, cost, taste and look.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to share the recipes. I also like that it is web based and we do not have to run it on one of our own computers.

Cons

I found it difficult to print the first time I tried. I had to read the instructions.

Daniel H.

Calcmenu review

Reviewed on 2016/11/21

Calemenu software is one of the best software I came across.
its really made for the industry and chefs not for accountants.
its user friendly and gets updated regular to keep up with the chefs & industry needs.

Pros

its gets updated regular to kep up with the industry standard and needs

Cons

if you not in western countries with their product you have to add a lot of ingredients into the market list

Daniel M.

Great Exec Chef help

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Great help in a very usefull & practical way in kitchen operation planning and costings.. Good integration between marchandises, reciepes and menus. Easy way to set portions and units. New allergen integration is also very helpfull

Pros

Time saving, copy & paste fonctions, alergens info, easy waste control

Cons

Price of support plan remain expensive even after many years of ownership

Paul J.

Paul James KL

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

Have been using the software for over 10 years now using it for 5 separate kitchen outlets .. the ability to set up new data Base could be made more user friendly and print options could be improved...

Pros

Ease of data entry and recall

Cons

Data Base set up to complicated.... needs to be a one button operation

Federico Y.

I would like that the program has the Spanish on their website and manuals

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

the program is wonderful I use many years ago in Argentina I am one of the first and few who use this program. the cost for this country is slightly elevated above updates

Pros

how to calculate the losses

Cons

when I make a menu plan or very long process it takes a long time and I would like to have the program a my cell

Matthew H.

CALCMENU is serious software for Food Cost and Recipe management

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

CALCMENU is a good program for the serious chef or manager looking to control cost and standardize recipes. I use CALCMENU to store all my recipes so they are readily available. (No more gravy stained notebooks.) The cost analysis is easy, and CALCMENU also includes bakers percentages which is great for my business. Like all food cost software there is a significant time investment to set it up and enter all the ingredients and recipes, but once that is done, it's done.

Ray L.

Advance Recipe Management Solution

Reviewed on 2016/06/27

Have used calcmenu for 20 years in various locations and generally experience very good. Currently using the software for one major client. Major concern in the UK is the lack of UK style marketing and advertising campaign to provide more product awareness in the food and hospitality industry.

Pros

All features on one platform

Cons

Printing parameters and inability to use the arrow back feature consistently and the menu planner

Anthony R.

Calcmenu web

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2016/08/31

The software is very good we use the programme for our aged care business. Its straight forward to use.

Pros

Pictures, Allergens, diet information easy to use, cost

Cons

Support not brilliant from help desk

Simple P.

this program really helpful for our restaurant

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

we had a problem before with the picture, the IT was so quick to help us.
they email us the way how to fix it