FTMaintenance Select

CMMS software solution for maintenance management

John H.

Seeback Roofing

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Just a few issues:
- When I first generated reports I found the reports that shipped with FTMaintenance lackluster and limited. They were missing data fields that I needed to display for the sake of the company. I had to use Crystal Reports to create better reports particularly for the Demand Maintenance module. This took a lot of time but gave me the opportunity to learn SQL. The ability to make custom reports is my favorite feature of FTMaintenance.
- I found the inventory transaction module nearly impossible to use for correcting large amounts of inventory parts. Adding a feature for say the administrator to import a CSV file listing parts to update the inventory quantities would be a handy feature.
- Similarly, the purchase order, and especially the receiving modules, are difficult to use. Things like limiting the parts to those with the same vendor when creating a purchase order, tedious receiving (one part at a time), etc.
- Displaying and browsing the list of work orders in the Demand Maintenance module is very slow as compared to DM History. I presume that's because the program is constantly UPDATING and SELECTing in the database for each work order scrolled.
- I think a powerful feature would be to be able to create tasks, parts, vendors, etc. on the fly similar to how entries are created for DM/PM status, shift, requested by, etc. fields. Having a button to click that would open a small dialog would reduce the amount of flip-flopping between modules.
- There's several bugs I've discovered involving entering data into fields, particularly after entering the wrong thing. i.e. Entering the wrong equipment number during creation of a work order from the quicklist in DM will often limit the equipment available to select later. I have to either delete the work order (if the work order is new) or delete the wrong equipment and add the proper one from the equipment tab. There are minor annoying things in other modules that cause problems. I'll have to write the steps down later to reproduce the bugs.
- Tech support is very helpful and work hard to fix problems. I'm not sure if you've found someone to take over Mark's role but he seemed to be very knowledgeable about the inner workings of the software, especially with reports and the database structure.

Despite these minor issues, a great program overall that is a lot of use in our company to monitor equipment maintenance, especially with new safety systems we're in the process of implementing.

Pros

Flexibility to create reports. With only a few exceptions I like the SQL database structure making fun and easy to create powerful, professional-looking reports.

Cons

- Default reports are lackluster and limited
- Some modules can be tedious and finicky
- Having to switch between modules when doing minor things like creating new tasks or parts

Response from FasTrak SoftWorks

John, thank you for your detailed review of FTMaintenance. We are happy that you find FTMaintenance to be a great solution. We are committed to customer satisfaction, and your valuable feedback helps us improve FTMaintenance. Our support team will contact you to share additional tips for maximizing your experience with FTMaintenance and assist you in upgrading to the latest version to eliminate several issues you have encountered. We continue to improve and expand FTMaintenance, including more flexible reporting, expansion of on-the-fly record creation, faster performance, and enhanced mobile capability. We will be in touch!

Deshon B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy way to manage employees and equipment activity in and out of the warehouse

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

A way to manage activity day to day with my products and equipment a little with employees as well.

Pros

I like that I can keep track of my equipment, products, and employees all in one place I can see exactly what is going in and out of my warehouse daily

Cons

That I can't manage employees better I would like a way to manage employee time as well tied in with the equipment would be awesome

David M.

Isovolta Group

Reviewed on 2015/02/25

Pros

It's easy to navigate through it. Once you do it once, you'll like it.

Cons

Logging in sometimes is a pain. I don't know if it's our computer, but it doesn't happen a lot.

Cynthia (cindi) L.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I just started using the FT maintenance in September when I started with Ranger Boats. I want to thank the support staff for always being there when I have questions or issues. He is always polite and will find me the answer if he doesn't have it right then. Thank you.

Pros

It helps us keep track of labor and costs.

Cons

The FT requests doesn't always work for some employees

Yogesh S.

Salem Tube - FTMaintenance review

Reviewed on 2014/12/30

Pros

It has a good feature for preparing maintenance work orders. It keeps list and prepares reports.

Cons

When you prepare a work order, you have to go to different tabs. Report wise, we cannot choose and select custom reports from the software.

Tom R.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

FTMaintenance review

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

it hasn't been good at all. I have not used it yet because we were not given proper training. I do not know how to get all of the employees on to the system. I do not know how to create a work order or how the proper employees get the work order.

Pros

The Price. We purchased based on the price to see if an emaintenance program would work for us.

Cons

There is no training. I have to log on to something to get training. Once I purchased the product, I have not been contacted by anyone for training. Once I purchased the product, I only receive computer generated emails. I called support for training and they said I need to login at 1:00 on a Tuesday, Wednesday or a Thursday.

Jessica P.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A GREAT WAY TO MANAGE YOUR MAINTENANCE !!!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

The FT Maintenance program has given our company a great template to start from. Now in business now about 4 years or so, we had nothing in place to control maintenance scheduling or set automatic preventative maintenance tasks with. Importing data to the system, and attaching files to the work order are so easy to do and setup. The online Youtube training videos were also a nice reference to have.
Well done FasTrak Softworks!

Pros

Youtube training, webinars, and tech support.

Steve H.

Does what we need it to do.

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

We use the soft strictly as a Preventative Maintenance software. I'm sure that we could utilize some of the features more but have not had the need at this point in time. It has work fine for what we need it for.

Gmatthew A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I am so busy, it still isn't completely set up. I THINK once that happens it will be good.

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I am inputting data on approx. 250 pieces of equipment. It takes TIME. I believe once it has all the data input, it will work great. The customer service is outstanding. Very pleasant and helpful. For the money, I believe this is going to be great. Just not quite there yet.....

Pros

I think it will be very good.

Cons

I note in the list below where I am to select my industry, there is no input for MANUFACTURING. Strange. But then again, with congress allowing our manufacturing to be done overseas, it suppose it is becoming an overlooked industry.

Troy W.
  • Industry: Automotive

CMMS System

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Have been using the system for a year and a half now, a few learning curves from previous systems used in the past. Any time we run into any issues tech support is only a phone call away and always resolves any problems.

Pros

Web based, easy access.

Cons

Printing issues when PM's are released.

John A.

FTMaintenence Review

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

Pros

What I like best about this software is the affordability. I researched about 6 different software programs. Honestly, by the 3rd online conference, they all had basically the same information and benefits of their software. The price and accessibility to support were the driving factors in making this decision. I have been pleased with the software and all my contact with support has been positive.

Cons

Multiple user names and passwords for making changes within the software

Jamie A.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

great product

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

best way to track all your maintenance needs

Cons

it can be a bit confusing to navigate at first

Nathan G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great features, impossible to figure them out

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

Pros

This software was very advanced with all the features it included and far surpassed it's rivals when it came to features

Cons

While it did include many features, you couldn't figure out how to use the features. The "ease of use" for the software is pretty much non existent. The pricing for the software was also not very attractive.

Response from Lisa

Thank you for your review – FasTrak is proud to offer a feature-rich CMMS that provides all the tools needed for effective maintenance management. We are surprised to hear that you did not find FTMaintenance easy to use, as we receive very positive feedback from our customers when it comes to being user-friendly. Additionally, you had mentioned that the software seemed straightforward during our demo in July 2017. Although we are disappointed that you decided not to purchase FTMaintenance, we are happy to schedule another demonstration with you if things don’t work out with the vendor you selected.

Luann S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

I could not ask for better customer service. They really know their product and go above and beyond. This software is so easy to use and does everything that we need.

Pros

Ability to track work orders

Cons

Have not at this time found anything that we have not liked

Bill S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Just learning the system

Reviewed on 2014/12/27

Pros

I like the ease of use. It's easy to navigate and enter data.

Cons

It's too early to tell. I am a new user and have not had a lot of experience with system

Douglas Z.

FT Maintenance Review

Reviewed on 2016/01/15

Pros

First and foremost FT Maintenance Didn't us Pressure sales tactics, The Software is very intuitive I had it up and running before I ever took a class on how to use it. VERY EASY to Understand

Cons

I Have Not found anything I don't like about it. There does not seem to be any issues with this software

Helio K.

VERY USER FRIENDLY AND A GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

Pros

VERY USER FRIENDLY, EASY TO USE FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME TO SPEND IN A COMPUTER.

Cons

THAT WASN'T ENOUGH TIME HAS A USER TO HAVE THESE COMMENT, BUT I WILL SAY THAT EVERYTHING SO FAR WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD.

Ghissou R.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

This review is after a Demo session

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

Pros

Less expensive and very responsive to questions and appointments

Cons

Not so user friendly and the interface will need more time to response

David R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

So far no issues, it takes time to get used to the ins and outs

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

Pros

support was there right from the start, product is very encompassing

Cons

don't have an issue at this time with the product or vendor

Brian B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

The best Maintenance program available.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

First off the crew there that does all the dirty work we want to thank you here at FLS. Ft Maintenance has helped me tremendously not only to get organized but has brought down time in our facility down 23 percent. Having separate user accounts for my engineers give them the access to quickly search a part number find the location and have the equipment back up and running. Having a program that is so user-friendly and has so many features that save you time as far as managing your parts or also managing your budget can be a huge help when it comes to the end of year periods. Once again thanks for a good year Fast Trak.

Pros

What I like mostly about the software is how organized it can make even the unorganized person.

Cons

No there is nothing that I dislike about this software maybe just some knowledge that I need to gain.

Catherine B.

Crown Poly Fastrak Review

Reviewed on 2014/12/30

Pros

The inventory works well, and the item info is strong. Most modules work well,
and the training is great.

Cons

Most stock reports are not that useful, and we have to do a lot of customized reporting. Any changes we want to make seem very expensive from the sales quote.

Tom K.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good and reliable software

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

Pros

The inventory operates great, and the item info is effective. Most modules run well, and the training is reliable.

Cons

I think it would be a food addition to the software an iPad app.

Michael I.

FT Maintenance, easy to use, excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Went from having nothing at all to utilizing FT Maintenance. It is extremely user-friendly and when I cannot figure something out, customer service is stellar.

Matt P.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Overall the experience has been pleasant with little to no hiccups

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

The visual aids of this product is most appealing to me. It also has a good support system application that is easy to use.

Cons

The navigator aspect is lacking in technology and could use an upgrade to help all ages that use this particular software.

Brian H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good CMMS for small business and getting up and running quickly.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Would like to see a little more detail in the work order completion like adding notes to a particular instance. This might be possible and I just haven't figured it out yet. I don't have a lot of experience with it and the work request feature has not been set up yet so I'm sure there's more for me to learn and tailor to my use. We are a mid-size machine shop and run the on-premise version with 22 pieces of equipment being tracked. What really attracted me to this software is it's price point, the attitude of it's representatives, and the fact that it's not too top heavy allowing me to get it running and not sit for hours entering all kinds of data I'll probably never use. They don't try to charge you for all the little extra things like a larger CMMS solution will. The yearly support and updates fee is the best I found.

Pros

Not complicated. Setting up equipment is super easy and quick. Vendors are just as easy. There's no complicated database coding to have to worry about. Everything just gets assigned a number which is up to you how you want to start with that. Just about every drop down menu starts off empty allowing you to fill it with your custom fields. Even a state drop down where you enter addresses. Seems kinda silly but it's actually nice because if you only deal with suppliers from a few different states you don't have to scroll through 50 to get the one you need. This is a very customizable yet basic software.

Cons

Some of the views need to be reorganized to show relevant information, but that is not hard to do. I've only used the software for a week.