Procare Online

Child care software for centers and after school programs.

Myrna D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Using only one Feature of Kinderlime

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

It appears state-of-the art when parents are checking in/out their child on the phone or computer. Previously, we had used paper daily to sign the students out.

Cons

1. This software does not allow us to turn off some features that we do not use like the Billing. An amount accumulates through the school year. When I tried clearing their balances, notifications were sent out to parents. This alarms the parents because of an unexpected invoice. We use a different program for billing parents.
2. The report to Export ALL students, Parents and authorized pickups is not ALL people on the student's authorized pick up list. The carpoolers are not picked up. Therefore, we cannot use it to verify with another list.
3. The auto-generated emails cannot be customized to fit our school communication.
4. The Message box cannot be cleared. I also would like this turned off so that the parents do not use this for communication.
5. I like the feature of automatic notification when the child is checked in. However, when it is the wrong student that was checked in, there should be some kind of automatic email to "disregard the previous email."
6. When the parent signs up, they no longer get the automatic notification emails when the child is checked in. It should be defaulted so that the parent will always get the emails unless they manually select no emails. As a new signer, they may not know to set it up to continue receiving the automatic emails.
7. I find the GIF in the Support Communication an unprofessional insert. I am not tech savvy and accidentally sent an inappropriate GIF that does not represent our school standards.

Mo R.

Left Kinderlime but came back after 2 months!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It's got all the bells and whistles yet maintains a clean and uncomplicated design. We actually tried going with a competitor after issues with Stripe and dealing with Kinderlime's messaging system and came back after using the other one for 2 months. Kinderlime truly is so user friendly and if I ever have a question, I get a response within the hour. It's good to be home!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! The layout and design is easy to navigate through. The billing feature has been the greatest asset using this software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Kinderlime have been over the messaging system. I don't like that it doesn't show the string of messages between the parents and staff. You can't see at a glance if a staff member replied to a parent's message and sometimes messages get missed and no one replies thinking someone else did. It makes us look unprofessional when we aren't sure if a message has been answered. Our other issue was with Stripe and almost $20,000 not being deposited into our account for 3 months until our accountant caught it. No one from Stripe or Kinderlime informed us that they were needing additional info for security, even though we had already been using the system for over a year. It was nearly impossible to speak to someone from Stripe with NO customer service. Another level of communication between the two would be helpful. Kinderlime was so helpful in getting the issue resolved.

Debbie J.

Procare Cloud

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so.
I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

Amanda R.

SuperLove KinderLime!!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I am saving ridiculous amounts of TIME and ENERGY. Billing, attendance, employee hours, etc. is all in one place. So simple!!!

Pros

I love how there are always updates and new features!!! I've been using KinderLime since 2012 and I loved it then, but I SuperLove it now!!! So many things that make my job as a teacher, director and owner SO MUCH faster & easier. I love the intuitive of the app and website. Very simple learning curve - just download and go!!! I'm made several suggestions for improvements over the years and most of my requests have been added features shortly after, so I know they listen to their customers and care what we think!!! When another provider asks about software, I always recommend KinderLime.

Cons

So far, it doesn't track employee hours on the app, so I have to log into the computer to see if someone is approaching their hours for the week and that is not always convenient when you're making a quick decision about who to let go early.

Felisa W.

The Best Decision

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

My overall experience has been excellent with Kinderlime. My response time to my questions have be great and the customer service has been nothing less than attentive even at off times during the day.

Pros

Everything needed to manage my daycare. Ease of communicating with parents and caregivers. All in one billing, marketing and lead management. Great customer service and awesome response time (and I have had questions pop in my head at 2am...lol).

Cons

The only cons I have would be not having the calendar usable on my desktop. It's only usable on mobile devices. Not having multiple online lead forms as far as inquiry, registration and waitlist forms. I have to adjust my forms throughout the year to accommodate the needs. Inquiry forms are less detailed but registration form requires more information. Therefore a parent inquiring would be hesitant to complete a more detailed form.

Ilaria P.

Yoyo kids

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

We remove a lot of paper for handover and we increase the communication with parents.

Pros

Daily activities about children, i like photos and video every notes and the parents are very happy about it.

Cons

In Malta we can't use yet the function of online payment and i would like to have more features and add tags to get a more specific student selection, I also believe that instead of the immunization record there should be space to add the birth certificate and also the identity documents of parents and relatives.
In create invoice = instead of "due date" is better the "issue" date and the possibility to change invoice number to follow our invoice number and also space to upload our fix detail like bank transfer details (as we don't have chance to use the online payment.
Receipt = possibility to change the number like the invoice to follow our receipt book.

Sharon C.

I LOVE Kinderlime!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Kinderlime has streamlined our aftercare program. Collecting money was difficult for us, and Kinderlime accepts online payments, invoices, and time sheets. This year they added a time clock feature for our staff, which was exactly what we needed. I can't say enough about this company!

Pros

Kinderlime is so user friendly, and is always upgrading it's features. Each year it becomes more efficient and offers more modules. Customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Kinderlime.

Denise D.

The ease of using Kinderlime

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

My overall check in/out process has become so much easier as well as reports and tracking. I love the meal tracking and the ability to record my lessons online. It makes it easier when all of my information is kept in one place.

Pros

I love the easy sign in/sign out screens and the fact that parents can electronically sign out on an ipad. I love the Learning section which allows me to record lesson plans.

Cons

I wish that I could print a batch billing easily. A lot of my parents do not have email or electronic capability at home.

Rebecca B.

Use in an school setting

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

This program allows our parents to easily see their balances, allows real time attendance tracking, and helps with the time sheets at the end of the week. It has combined several things that we had operating separately.

Cons

At times there can be a somethings that don't connect the way you want them too but they have made several upgrades and changes since we first started making it easier with each change.

Malu C.

love Kinderlime!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I've been using Kinderlime for almost three years and really save time and all the waste of paper with manual sign in/out sheets. I can have a more accurate count of hours. Parents can communicate more efficient with the messages part in the app.

Pros

* Head count of children at all times.
* Accurate hours for billing at the en of the month.

Cons

I would love to have the reports in google sheets as well.

Tiffany S.

I love Kinderlime

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I am overall happy with kinder lime.

Pros

It makes my job easier and my parents and staff love how easy it is to communicate with each other

Cons

Wish it had everything that I need now. (they are constantly updating which is a plus)

Jean S.

Kinderlime review

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Overall it is a good program. I like the ease of parents signing in and out, the fact that I can get to all functions via the app on my phone, the variety of capabilities within the software (newsletter, messaging, photos, etc). Overall it is a program we enjoy.

Pros

Ease of use. It has many functions available. Any glitches quickly fixed by support at Kinderlime.

Cons

Sometimes app doesn't refresh quickly. Goes offline often. Frequent glitches (altho they are addressed quickly)

Rachel B.

Love love love it

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

The customer service is excellent quick and informative.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I love sending my patents pictures throughout the day.

Cons

Nothing I really love this product.

Sofia R.

Kinderlime Kinks

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

This system facilitates our communication process with parents and allows for them to know information about their child at a more reasonable time. I love the activities features and how we know exactly who is authorized to pick up the child.

Cons

I believe that this app has many pro's, yet is outweighed by the heftiness of its cons. I believe that the administrator should have full access to adding students who were not signed in on the correct dates, I believe that we should have optimized attendance reports for days present, absent, and tardy. I also believe that if things such as attendance could be done on a PC as well as the ipad and make them equal portals that would also benefit teachers during class time.

Alesia M.

This software has saved me hours of record keeping and accounts payable paper work

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

The ease of tracking attendance with the sign in and out feature. Immediate notification to parents of emergencies Or just photos and updates of their children.
Newsletter and text blasts make communication fast and easy right from my cell phone

Cons

No response allowed for text blasts but I just added a quick do not respond notes
on the actual blasts when I send them out now.

Jessica K.

LOVE IT

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

How easy it is to view and customize your students into classroom or billing tiers.

Cons

They recently updated their formatting. I am still trying to find my way around to different features.

Kinderlime customer service is top-notch!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

We switched to this software to monitor and bill our after school care, and it's been overall a very good experience. Our parents can communicate much more effectively with our care providers, the billing is automatic and saves us much calculation time, and we always know where our kiddos are!

Pros

This company has the best customer service I've ever experienced. My questions are answered so quickly and completely.

Cons

From an accounting viewpoint, it's not terribly intuitive. For a user like me, with various billing plans, it's difficult to navigate which families are on which plans. It's not very clear and you need to know a lot about where to search for this.

Rose S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Decent software, but there are better options out there.

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

It is very easy to use, even for those that are not as tech savy. Setting up classes and children is done quickly which is nice since there is not much down time in the classroom. They have it set up so it's easy to send updates to parents.

Cons

If you don't sign up right away after you ask for more information they will continually call you and harass you about getting started. They need to give people more time to decide whether or not they want to choose this software. It gets quite annoying.

Response from Kinderlime

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your candor. We did not mean to harass you! Our apologies for making you feel you were under pressure. We have been working on providing adequate amount of time for directors and owners to test the system uninterrupted.

Could you please elaborate on your comment, "Decent software, but there are better options out there."? We have made substantial improvements to our user interface and added many amazing features in the past year.

Please feel free to give us a call at (877) 679-0950. We would love to hear your opinions on how we could improve!

Best,
Kinderlime Team

Julie G.

Great program and very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

This software saves me countless hours in billing and helps me to see ratios at all times.

Pros

All the information I need is right at my fingertips. I love being able to access from anywhere, anytime from my phone, computer, tablet.

Sophia P.

Absolutely like this App. Everything can be done at one place.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

I started using Kinderlime app since April 2015. I absolutely love it. My preschool parents like it a lot. The app is very easy to use. It makes it easier for the teachers to post messages to the parents, send newsletters, pictures and especially the email notification when the child gets dropped off and picked up.

The four-digit passcode assigned to each child makes it easier for the parents to sign in and out. I like the administrator edit option. When the parents forget to sign in or sign out, the administrators can easily edit and able to sign in or sign out the child. I installed the kinderlime app in my phone. I like the live sign in status. It helps me monitor the classroom ratio when I am away for a meeting, or out of the classroom. One touch I get all the details.

When I create any newsletters there is no auto spell /grammar check. I like to see more tools, features under create newsletter.

If I have any Internet problems then it becomes a problem to use the app.

Donnie F.

Great for after-school programs!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Love it! They continue to get better and create more features!

Pros

It is simple, userfriendly, and the customer service is great!

Cons

There are some features it is missing that would make it even better. I wish there was translations to Spanish for the messaging feature with parents. I also wish there were different levels of admin access dependent on the staff member.

Kathi S.

This program has made it more efficient to log children in and out.

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

Billing is more precise for the parents to see exactly the amount of time that their children were in attendance.

Cons

Learning the program was extremely difficult, however, that is because I didn't take the time to watch all of the videos.

Response from Kinderlime

Hi Kathi, we also have a lot of succinct articles on our Help page that can answer your questions quickly. If you need one on one help just send us a chat message through www.Kinderlime.com and we can set up a time to give you a call. :)

Zane D.

Excellent product. Excellent Customer service.

Reviewed on 2015/04/06

Kinderlime has been a huge blessing to our school! As the Chief Operations Officer of Neighborhood Christian Schools, currently with our two early childhood education campuses, I have witnessed over the last few years how Kinderlime and their friendly staff have helped facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations and communications among our families and employees. With Kinderlime's features such as photo sharing with our families, Newletter and electronic signing in and out capabilities, Kinderlime has proven to be an effective tool to facilitate communication and to document and track data which is important in any business and useful for improving client experiences overall. I highly recommend Kinderlime for any school.

Carla S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kinderlime review

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Can use on tablet or laptop. Some coworkers use smartphones.

Cons

Learning the shortcuts to keep preschoolers' parents informed of activities and learning.

Destiny E.

It's good.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Faster processing, and the team has no way of losing documentation as it's saved on the cloud.

Pros

I like that I can pull up parent signatures, and it can bulk bill. Make's things so much easier to invoice clients, and separate the charges.

Cons

that there's no way to include GST. I've made it so that gst is included in the charge. Also would be awesome if you could multiple charge. Right now you can only assign one charge per client, ideally I want to assign multiple charges to clients.