Kinderlime Reviews

Kinderlime

Daycare & afterschool center management

4.6/5 (86 reviews)
Donna durham D.

I compared for months and Kinderlime came out on top

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Fantastic software! It is absolutely THE BEST child care app on the market right now. The Kinderlime team is very responsive, they offer real 5 Star customer service.

Pros

As a director, I have worked with several different software platforms over the years. Recently our software company "retired" and I was so disappointed because we loved CCM! Lots of apps are out there and at first many seemed good, but once you start working with them the frustrations are slowly revealed. So I actually ran the demos for four different leading child care management apps with a few of my *real* clients for three weeks in summer 2018. It was a LOT of extra work but I wanted to make sure that I experienced fully living with each app before making a commitment. In the end there was NO contest. Kinderlime software does so much more than competitors. It is easy to use and more intelligently designed. It has enough muscle with billing, organization and reporting features that you can really use it to keep the business side of your school organized and keep connected to your clients. I had very little time to get up and running and the Kinderlime team honestly provided me with 24 hour tech support, even at 1:00am! The features such as parent email, parent texting, tagging, batch child actions, enhanced filtering and headache-free automated billing take so much work off my plate! Kinderlime runs smoothly with quick reports right inside the app. Myself and my coworker can both work on it at the same time. I could go on, but I'm generally a tough sell but any Director or Manager will be thrilled with this software!

Cons

I wish they had features to support management of staff data, communication between teachers and the front office, and teacher appreciation (Track hire date, reminder of teacher employment anniversaries, log of training dates with renewal reminders, and a list of personal favorites for teacher gift giving). --Whichever company runs with my idea is going to have an edge! I created a work-around in Kinderlime to enable me to text staff by creating a student named"Staff Members" and then assigning all of the staff as if they were the "Parents".

Trevor N.

This software has changed the entire dynamic of our business. Business has never been better!

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Overall this software has changed our entire dynamic of the business. Our enrollment has increased 25% and counting with less than 6 months of signing up. Parents are just amazed at what the software can do and are now telling their friends about our daycare. Our administration can easily manage client and employee information which allows more focus on the kids and less time running the business. This software has definitely been a game changer for our facility and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kinderlime.

Pros

The ease of use and the organization of this software has totally changed our business practices and model. We are running a more efficient daycare, focusing more on the kids and not the business side of things. Our teachers are now able to eliminate the task of filling out meal sheets and incident reports and having to keep up with paper trails. The Sign In/Out feature along with the Parent App has given our parents something to talk about to their friends and family. Parents love being able to electronically sign their children in and out of our facility. They also love having their invoices go directly to their mobile device for billing and payment history. Our local CCS and CPS offices are amazed at what this program has done for us and are now directing parents in need of childcare services to our facility. We've seen our business increase each month since we've implemented this software. The invoicing feature has eliminated hours of work with the simple click of a button. Employee Time Sheets are already calculated and ready for payroll. Child enrollment is a breeze for those parents who are on the go and are dropping in their children for the first time. Most of them have switched from Drop In Status to Full Time Enrollment. The newsletter feature is just fantastic for sending out quick notices or monthly notices about what's happening at our daycare. Parents who were less involved in our activities have now shown a great interest in participation.

Cons

Not every business is ran the same way and has its different needs. Having stated that, I feel that an improvement on the communication end of the software between parent and administration could use some improvement. The parents are able to send notices via the application but on the dashboard there is no way to communicate back with the parent or even between administration. There are no notices that alert administration that a parent has reached out to them on the dashboard. Also, there are no employee accruals(ie. sick, vacation) and uses included with the time clock feature. This would really keep everything in one place when it comes to employee management. There is also no place for teacher information and document uploading to have for our files. This would be a great way to go paperless without having to file. While these may seem like more of a preferred review it is something that I like least about this software because it does not have these things. Being able to just use this software would allow our facility to open up one window and manage our daycare would take care of all our needs.

Sara F.

There's no competition when it comes to Kinderlime!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

10/10 would recommend. The support and kindness we have received from all Kinderlime staff members has exceeded our expectations. We couldn't be more pleased!

Pros

We unfortunately had to search for a new software program after CCM had a merger and Smartcare was not adequate or a good fit for our program. After a few hours of research and submitting inquiries about various programs, we got a phone call from Akash at Kinderlime. After speaking with him about Kinderlime and what the program had to offer, I was sold! Not only was Kinderlime inclusive of everything we were looking for as far as billing, signing in/out and school-to-home communication, but they are located in California and have knowledge about licensing requirements (HUGE bonus points in my book!). Any time we have a question, we receive a prompt response and have had great help, and any time we share a suggestion, they pass it along to the developers! Our main points of contact have been Akash, Steve, Anna, Priya and Jerod- but I am confident that any team member would be a pleasure to collaborate with! I could go on and on about how wonderful Kinderlime and their staff is, but I'll just recommend that you sign up and see for yourself!

Cons

I'm not sure there's anything I can say I like "least" about the software. We have been constantly sending suggestions for updates or additional features that we would like to see and have received great feedback on the suggestions. We know that every school is different, but we hope that the suggestions we share could also benefit other schools. We are hoping that some of our suggestions will be developed soon! :)

La tonya R.

Kinderlime has been a blessing for family child care program. I love it and so does my parents.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Easy to use software that helps me manage my business fast and efficiently. Kinderlime makes my small business look better than other home daycares in my area.

Pros

I love the capability to upload my newsletter and helpful resources to one system then press send. Everything goes to all my families. I am able to post pictures and families can share them immediately to their facebook page. I am able to do my tuition and accept payment with Kinderlime. These program has just about everything I need to communicate with my families and manage my small business. The best thing is the price!

Cons

The only con is that for billing it uses Stripe however I use Paypal. Paypal doesn't charge me a fee to invoice my parents but Stripe does. So instead of using Kinderlime Stripe process, I use Kinderlime to track payments and send invoices then I have parents make payments through Paypal.

Julia D.

Prior to Dec-16 we were completely paper-based. With 150 students it was not manageable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

We went from completely paper-based to electronic in less than a week with a student body of 160. In prior years, the manual calculations and billing were not tracked electronically which lead to difficulty with so much, including providing annual childcare fees and payments for HSA reimbursements. Having this information at the parents' fingertips has saved so much time for our school. As a non-profit, our "employees" are not paid. Typically these wonderful volunteers are busy moms that provide this service.

Pros

Although we have a difficult fee structure, it is still far more accountable to download the data, add our fee structure and then import the charges. I love the online access for statements and invoices. This puts the power in the parent's hands to access the data they need when they need it.

Cons

1.) I really don't like the inability to upload non-electronic payments.
2.) The reporting needs a bit of fine-tuning to be able to pull data based on various ID types (family, student, KL).
3.) We'd like to be able to apply discounts for multi-child families with the billing feature.

Laura B.

has always responded to emails to help desk fast within an half hour or less

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Less time adding up Hours

Pros

That I can see all in info from my lap top and that if a parent is singing out I can access info for another parent that it adds up hours used so I don't have to do it how fast it takes to sign in 75 students and that I can send messages to parents . The parent love the notice that there child is in and or signed out of kids club.Its just so easy and if I have Problems the support is fast and formable

Cons

I wish they had a billing system that charge prepaid to parents .This is how we have operated our program. Other than that I can't really think of anything I would do different

Denise B.

The sign in-out feature is simple to use, collects important data and is versatile.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

The most important feature of this software is the ease of which it assists in complying with state licensing codes for our center.

Pros

Kinderlime allows me to use or choose not to use any of it's features. It is very user friendly for both the parents and teaching staff. All of this is offered at the most reasonable cost I could find. Best of all the tech support is awesome.

Cons

The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the function of the internet service and hardware we use.

Sharon C.

I LOVE Kinderlime!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Kinderlime has streamlined our aftercare program. Collecting money was difficult for us, and Kinderlime accepts online payments, invoices, and time sheets. This year they added a time clock feature for our staff, which was exactly what we needed. I can't say enough about this company!

Pros

Kinderlime is so user friendly, and is always upgrading it's features. Each year it becomes more efficient and offers more modules. Customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Kinderlime.

Amanda G.

Super experience. Professionals always available for assistance.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

I really like the ease of using this product. I love how easy it is to update information and track students. I will be recommending this product.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to track our students as well as have all pertinent information at my fingertips.

Cons

I would like to see a function where we can get all pertinent information on one document. This would be information including student name, parent name, phone number, email, allergies if present, as well as anyone who is authorized to pick up.

Chris W.

Parents liked it - not so much here.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Not bad, just could be better.

Pros

Our team struggled with it but this could be chalked up to user error. We found that other sites were much easier. We did, however, like that it was quick to check kids in and out.

Cons

Small things here: When families have more than one child- make it easier to pick them all up at once. Easier communication between parents and workers.

Response from Kinderlime

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear the parents like it, but would love to hear more about your experience.

We recently released a new version of Kinderlime which addresses families with multiple children, making it easier for them to be signed out all at once. We also added better messaging options for communication between staff and parents.

Call our main line (877) 679-0950, we would love to see how we can help make your experience with Kinderlime better.

Thanks!
Kinderlime Team

6.0/10
Patricia A.

My parents and a teachers love the simple yet detailed program!

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

We were able to reduce the use of paper billing, create a simpler billing process and saverime

Pros

The biggest Pro for us is the electronic sign in/out that transfers directly to billing. We also really like that the parents can pay direct online and that it charges them for the convienance and not the facility.

Cons

The only Con, in my opinion, is that there there is no way to choose a billing date of 1st and 15th. It is only Monthly or weekly.

Juanita G.

Overall the app is excellent. Easier than storing paperwork.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Pros

I can communicate with parents using a mass email or text. Parents are also able to see that they are signing out the correct child because the picture is displayed.

Cons

When our wi-fi didn't work we weren't able to use the app. The issue was fixed with being able to use the app without wi-fi which was great. The info for each student has to be re entered for the new year because the attendance count don't reset after the new year.

Kimberly B.

Great tool for sign in/out for my extended care program

Reviewed on 2016/02/03

This is one of the best Sign In/Out programs for our extended care program. I like how each parent/pick-up is assigned a pin number, and it's great to see the comparison info on attendance numbers from past years as well. I really like how each child has a section to enter all their info in, I also like how you can attach siblings to the "carers" that you already entered for one sibling. The customer service is always amazing! Every time I have a question about something the Kinderlime staff are always quick to help. They figure out the problem or they walk me through "how to" do or find something. Their follow-up is speedy as well. :+)

One thing that I would like to see in the future is the "carers relation" I would like a few more options "authorized or family, or something close" (something more than just doctor, parent, or guardian). Some of the carers are not any of those 3. Also, and maybe it's because I haven't figured it out yet, but on the app (on our iPad) the staff can't see the child's allergy notes. I would love for their to be a section/tab where we can see a list of all children who I've entered allergies for. This would be helpful for snack times, since not all children attend our program daily.

I think the program is great though; it works for what we need it for; keeping track of attendance, numbers attending the program each day/month, and a great tool for billing parents as well.

Daniel P.

Kinder Lime is Polished

Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The look and feel of what kinder lime has done really sets them apart from many of their competitors. No doubt a well thought out product

Pros

More smooth admin and customer experience over many of the other competitors.
Allows for ease of Parent communication even with photos.
secure parent PIN for check out check in.
Photo roster for staff adding to Bus/Van routs
Customer service was very helpful in helping us set up for varying routes and daily schedules.
Flate rate per student easy to calculate costs

Cons

It would be nice to allow for a parent way to retrieve lost pin. Dont offer a single flat rate could be a con, but it could also save you if you have smaller programs.
No online registration via tablet etc.

Pamela C.

Kinderlime has been a very easy tool to use.

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

just the timing in and out part. I was not privy at the time of purchase... what other things could be added on????

Pros

Teachers love the features it offers to communicate with parents!! When a new parent starts we try to send a picture to the parent of that child engaged in an activity. Great communication tool when parent picks up and knows something their child did in the room!!The ability to keep a more accurate account of the children has helped with ratios.

Cons

We have numerous families that have more then 2 children. I wish there was a button to push for "ALL" children!!! It would simplify matters in the am and pm when some times lines begin to form to sign children in or out.
There is no way to track immunizations! Wish there was !!

Response from Kinderlime

Hi Pamela, there is a common pin code available for families with siblings. Please contact us on our instant support messaging and we can help you navigate easier sign in-out for these families.

Eric R.

It has been a very easy to use program for tracking the attendance of the kids and staff.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

The app is easy to use and features are constantly being improved. Love the ease of the daily sheets and communications with parents with the sign in/out messages

Mindy R.

Kinderlime has saved me invaluable time. It is easy to use and affordable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

It saves me a tremendous amount of time.

Pros

I like the billing options. I inherited a paper system of writing down when children entered and left the childcare. I had to add up hours and generate bills. I love the digital sign in and invoicing system.

Cons

I can't figure out an easy way to print invoices, but that's probably my fault. I didn't take the online training, I just pushed buttons until I mostly figured out the system. Every time I call with a question I get immediate help.

Cheryl M.

The photos we send to the parents are greatly appreciated!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Great connection with the parents!

Pros

I appreciate the ease at which I can monitor the parents check in and out and the way we can keep the parents connected to their children's experience in the classroom.

Cons

I would really like a manager's training manual. I would find that very helpful. I would also like to have really obvious parent prompts. New parents are not sure what to do and often will forget to hit submit. We want to make this as easy as possible!

Sharon C.

Easy transition into the program, great customer service, and well worth the money!

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Parent's are paying their aftercare bills more regularly.

Pros

I love that our parents can easily pay for their child care services online. The ease of tracking hours and check in/out times can't be overstated. This has been a super experience for us. I highly recommend trying Kinderlime!

Cons

I would like to be able to send parents a monthly report of their child's time in the aftercare program, so they can verify for themselves that the billing is accurate.

Holly H.

Of all the services we test and gave us what we needed with the control we needed.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Less paper, all of our kid grams our online.

Pros

That my staff love it and find it easy to use. No matter the technology level or age, all my staff have found this easy to use.

Cons

The newsletter are not user friendly and do not allow teachers to create. Photo just look like you stock them in.

Kelli M.

Easy and quick and convenience!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

How easy it is to use and keeps our business running smoothly on a daily basis. It's nice to have child and teacher sign ins in the same spot

Cons

I would love to see an easy option to bi weekly billing, it would help us keep our billing and sign ins in the same spot

Phoebe J.

Smooth, Customer service is great

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Parents knowing where their child is at all times

Pros

The parent pin sign in/out is the best feature. Very easy to use. The real time notifications sent to parents is great. There is also an option to turn off these notifications.

Cons

There is no option to purchase one feature. Many established schools already use large businesses like QB for invoices, it is very difficult to switch all your services to get your money's worth.

Heather G.

We found that the staff and families find the program easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

We were able to jump in the new century with having pictures and daily sheets available on the spot. Parents love to be able to see a new picture of their child's day. They even can share that picture to Facebook and promote our preschool.

Pros

We love the ability to take pictures and send them out to families. We also love the ability to send out the daily sheets to the families. As a director, I love that I can send out mass texts to let families know about school closings.

Cons

The pictures can be a little grainy and blurry when taken on a tablet. We found that the comments sent from the parents to the staff regarding pictures or daily sheets were difficult to know when they came in. The teachers have to seek out the comments by clicking on the picture once it was sent.

Response from Kinderlime

Hi Heather! We are sorry to hear about the grain images. We corrected that issue in the new version of our app. If you haven't already, I would suggest signing up for a demo of the new version to check it out for yourself.

In the meantime, we would be happy to answer any questions or try to clear up this issue for you (877) 679-0950.

Have a wonderful day!
Kinderlime Team

Bradley C.

Parents love it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Our parents love the security, and we love the automatic tracking.

Pros

It's very easy to deploy, and it's very easy to use day to day. Our parents love it!

Cons

The billing setup is a bit difficult to set up​ and modify if you need to edit it.

Barbie B.

Awesome Program at a Great Price

Reviewed on 2016/11/05

I have been using Kinderlime for two years and I love it! I depend on Kinderlime mostly for my employee clock in and clock out payroll numbers, but I know it has many more features as well! I highly recommend this program!

Pros

time clock for employees

Cons

sometimes can be tricky when correcting times