Mobilize Reviews

Mobilize

Community and member management software

4.8/5 (28 reviews)
Genny R.

Our customer communication is now better than ever

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

The Mobilize team was very helpful from day one. We came into it with what I realize now was a somewhat limited idea of what was actually possible with a community platform, so having Mobilize guide us through the settings during onboarding helped us see all the things that we were missing. It’s always nice to have a second set of eyes to check your work when you’re setting up any new program, and even better when they take the time to hold your hand and walk you through it. Adding our customers to the community was super easy and I’ve found it very straight-forward and intuitive to navigate around and adjust settings as needed. But I can’t say it enough - the ability for customers to see our posts and interact conveniently via email is a fantastic feature. It was a game changer for us.

Pros

Integrating with Mobilize has drastically improved our communication with our customers. On our previous community platform, our customers would need to manage a separate login to interact with us or to read our latest news posts and updates. Not ideal when the information is critical or could impact their business. When we post on Mobilize, an email with the post’s content is sent directly to each member. They can then reply to us privately or simply reply all to post their comment for other members to see. Since they can interact quickly via email, we now see a much greater response when we post than we ever did before, and I feel confident that important messages are reaching our customers.

We were also able to set up a unique group within our Mobilize community where our customers can share ideas about new features that they’d like to see in our software. Rather than just sending in ideas to an email address, they can now post their idea in the community, which gives other members the opportunity to comment and ‘vote’ for it as well.

Cons

Sometimes having your posts emailed right to your members is a little TOO efficient! A brief delay to make that edit that you only think of right as you hit Save probably could have helped us a time or two.

Wally P.

A great way to bring users together!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Over all I have really enjoyed the product. We use it as a replacement for an aging listserv. It was intended to replace group lists and archiving of conversations. What it ended up going was that AND facilitating easier discussions among our user groups. Adding and removing users is a breeze and while it takes seconds to create new groups, it does take some effort to get everything aligned with community standards and customization. that being said its that flexibility that makes it what it is so I cannot fault them for that.

Pros

I love that it is structured enough like a forum for users to intuitively take to using, but enough like Facebook that users don't feel like they are trapped in a message-board. The over all feel of the product is one that encourages conversations and communication. For us it is important that our staff and clients have a place they can have open conversations about products and in the event others have something to share they can join in, with the option of sending a PM in case some of the info is sensitive.

Cons

Some things that bug me about the software are the mostly small things that can probably be fixed in an update, but to me are annoying.
1. in the chat session hitting enter will not send the chat. In most IM clients enter sends the msg while a Ctrl+enter gets a new line. Not mission critical, but an annoyance for me.
2. When uploading an avatar img there is not a way to move the picture around and center the face. This causes users to either get lucky and have it centered, or have their image partly cut off or off center.
and 3. ...I can't remember what the 3rd thing was so I guess its really not that important.

Lori G.

Mobilize: Easiest Implementation Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

The Mobilize Community is the best way I've found to connect my members to the board, staff, and each other. It allows each person to be an expert in something and to share that expertise, becoming more of a leader. I cannot recommend it strongly enough!

Pros

The software was incredibly easy to set up; with their customer support, we had it up and ready to go in just a few hours. Since then, the customer support has been the absolute best I've ever experienced from a very wide variety of software companies. We had a technical issue (our fault, not the software) that I discovered on a Saturday morning when I was doing training with our community group managers. I frantically emailed the company, not really expecting an answer on the weekend at 7:00 in the morning. But within 45 minutes, they had fixed the problem for me. That's unbelievable support!

My members LOVE Mobilize because it looks modern and fresh and is simple for them to use. They also like that it offers them the choice of how they interact with the content, either from their email inbox, from the community website, or via the free app. That's personalization at its finest.

Cons

I really can't think of anything about Mobilize that I don't love. When we first moved to it, the features were a little more limited. But they are constantly adding new features now and it's even more robust.

Kyla O.

Great Platform for Connecting a Community

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I use Mobilize to connect with the SF Etsy community. We have over 2,000 members and we use it to share resources, ask questions, collaborate, and more! It's a beautiful platform and helps us keep everything organized. I can log into the app or desktop site or view updates in my daily email digest. You can post questions, polls, or announcements to the whole group or individuals. You can also comment on posts publicly or privately. The search feature is great to find resources and revisit older conversations. It's an easy and affordable way to keep a large group connected.

Cons

I prefer to view updates in my email, so I would like the email digest to include all updates. Right now you can only view one or two updates and then you have to log-in to the app to see the rest. They recently made the email digest headings clickable, which is a huge improvement for bridging from email to the platform itself.

Jane E.

Professional Association

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

One of the main purposes of our professional association is networking with like colleagues across the country. This group (with its affinity sub-groups) is making it much easier for them to identify and interact with their peers at other organizations -- and to share knowledge, experience and ideas. It is aiding professional development of our members and helping the association achieve its primary objective.

Pros

We manage this group for a professional association, with 10 sub-groups. It has been easy for group members and sub-group leaders to join and participate -- very user friendly. They share information, hold monthly conference calls and network. The system supports that well.

Cons

We have one gripe: there is only one big folder for people to share documents/files. Because of the complexity of scope of some sub-groups, it would really help to be able to organize those files into sub-folders. (resumes, sample docs, guidelines, presentations, etc.) We asked Mobilize about this when we first started working together (over a year ago) and were told it was a top priority for development. To date, we have no word on this feature addition.

Dani A.

A Great platform for building a community, engage and scale up. It helped my community grow from a few dozen of members to thousands.

Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Review Source

Pros

Mobilize is an all in one community platform, in which I can efficiently manage new members, boost engagement with features, communicate from one place, send emails, events, and actually build my community in only one place with no third party tools. It's the first scalable membership management platform built for large groups - no member login required and they also have an app which helps me be engaged with my community 24/7. Their customer service is great and the team is awesome - we know each other and they speak to me monthly to help me scale up my community.

Cons

I wish they had a Desktop app.. There are web and iOS versions, but sometimes I prefer working with desktop apps with apps that I use daily.

Brent C.

Outstanding group communication tool with unparalleled customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Mobilize has saved time and reduced hassles.

Pros

Mobilize makes managing and collaborating with a group very simple. The learning curve is easy for users who can interact via email or use the well designed website or mobile app. The best feature is a poll which allows group members to respond to a question with the click of a button. Follow up messages can easily be sent to users based on their response. A great analytics tool allows admins to see who has viewed the message and send a follow up reminder with the click of a button.

Matt C.

The one-stop solution to community engagement - Hands-down the best solution for me.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

- Ability to professionally engage with a large community in a uniform manner
- Ability to quickly switch on an area for interaction and document sharing

Pros

As a former exec at social media company, Yammer, I have seen the spectrum of community engagement and digital collaboration products, which led me to search for something better.

What mobilize does for me that I can't find in Slack, Yammer or email is the following:
- The ability to professionally brand my communications to set the tone for groups. From the initial registration form to the automated emails, Mobilize provides all the flexbility I needed.
- The ability to easily see engagement metrics with posts and documents is second to none.
- I love the fact that group members never have to log into Mobilize if they don't want to - The conversation threads appear in email in a highly usable form and don't require people to break their workflow.

Cons

The only improvement I would like is the ability to write descriptions of files uploaded in groups so that people can search for them and understand what they are before downloading.

Naiel I.

Modern platform with beautiful UI and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Mobilize's tight integration with email made it an obvious choice for our organization. Being able to create subgroups easily while retaining a global member directory is a unique feature, as well. The new iPhone and Android apps differentiate it from competing products.

Cons

Mobilize has placed some limitations on the look and feel of the emails and website. We are unable to moderate messages or add custom content to the header or footer. You cannot collect payments via the platform, nor add custom content that isn't in the form of an annoucement.

Tihana R.

Friendly Online Community

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Mobilize help me stay in touch with my students and share program updates on time.

Pros

Easy to use, knowledgeable customer support, free of charge, allows creation of more than one working group.

Cons

I like everything about this software. I would like to see a forum gadget as well as I use this app for communication with my students. Oftentimes, they have to work on group assignments outside of classroom and having a forum would enable them to start different threads designated for different weekly assignments.

David H.

An excellent way to manage a community

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Made it easy to organize & run virtual communities

Pros

It makes it really easy to run a community. Has the ability to deeply segment the community to send targeted communications. Integrates group events really well. Primarily uses email as engagement mechanism which greatly helps with user adoption. Really easy to setup subgroups within groups.

Cons

I found my groups didn't become peer to peer it seemed to work better for centrally organized groups - people didn't seem as willing to share as they do on facebook.

Chloe N.

Real easy to post and share ideas / thoughts / events with an active online community.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Great to provide community forum and a place to share thoughts and ideas.

Pros

I like the layout of the forum with different channels and it's very mobile friendly. Reminds me of using Slack but with a better structure to the conversations and posts. I also like there is a directory of community members and you can either direct message privately or post comments publicly on a thread.

Cons

There isn't too much I don't like about Mobilize. From an end user perspective they could have a few more inbuilt tools such as edit post, pin posts and some better search functionality but overall it's very good.

Jerry G.

Great for managing communities of interest

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Great! Looking forward to continued mastery over the platform features!

Pros

Very simple for participants to stay up to date and join the conversation directly from email. Very user-friendly!

Cons

Scheduling and delays to gmail calendars led to some miscommunication. Certain features do not work until a participant has registered and made a profile... too often participants just join directly from email without registering and building out profile.

David N.

Great platform for online communities

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

I launched an online community using Mobilize in October and have been very happy with the results. We have about 700 people in our community and they all seem to like the platform. It feels more private than Facebook and they are adding cool features all the time.

Pros

Mobilize is very intuitive and easy to use. I really like the feature of forum posts being delivered directly to your inbox.

Cons

Some new users have some issues familiarizing themselves with the setup.

Erica W.

Mobilize Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

just beginning to use it for all of counties. Lots of questions from the users on features.

Pros

This product is easy to use and has multiple platforms depending on preference.

Cons

When reaching out for assistance, we often have to wait quite a while to hear back or received a resolution.

7.0/10
Leon L.

Nice app for Society

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

It is so good to have such a free web /app for our association (New Zealand Chinese Scientists Association). We are a none profit organisation.

Pros

free and easy to use. Like to functions to add new member and send email to all members easily.

Cons

it would be better if the Files have folder function to sort out files.

Ashley E.

Easy! It's great way for us to connect and engage our network of entrepreneurs all over the world

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Pros

It's incredibly easy to send a quick notification an event reminder to hundreds of people in one effort. The ease of access is perhaps the most important feature for us. We sometimes engage in interesting discussions, or share connections across the platform and we love the fact that we're able keep our dynamic group together under one service.

Caitie G.

Easy to use, helpful support team, and great experience so far.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

We are able to connect with our customers in a more personalized way that fosters the type of long term customer relationship we are focused on creating.

Pros

Mobilize is really straight forward to use. The set up is quick, it's easy to maintain and update. I enjoy being able to connect with our audience in a variety of ways including polls, email blasts, and more.

Cons

I wish there was a little more depth to the analytics. I'd like to capture more information regarding engagement. I'd also like to have the ability to select a custom date range for the analytics.

Katelyn D.

SOA's Review of Mobilize

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Mobilize has provided SOA a way to connect, engage, and support our Ocean Solutions Accelerator community.

Pros

More engaging alternative to Slack. The platform is very user friendly, has an intuitive layout, and overall is a great platform for engaging a community virtually.

Cons

The highlights bar is ordered backwards, so when a new post is highlighted, it is sent to the end of the highlights bar which isn't visible unless the user scrolls through the bar.

Robbie P.

Great for communities with some posts every day; not scalable yet to tens to hundreds of posts per day

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Beautiful design, strong longterm outlook, really cool member filtering system, mobile app included. Best part though, is the customer support and her support team.

Cons

Lightweight functionality, pricing structure, no moderation roles, low integration between different subgroups. Had to abandon due to our community being too big for the platform to handle without frustration.

Keji M.

It's been really good software and easy to set up/use and get to grips with.

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

See previous response

Pros

That it all sits within your email so technically, you never have to go to the site to make the most of software.

Cons

I wish it would group the chats into 1 thread like a regular email... At present, i get individual emails for the same thread so if there are 30 replies, I get 30 separate emails which is just too noisy.

Kirsten B.

Simple Management Tools

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Pros

Mobilize provides a simple way to manage tools for our workforce community. It is a way we can facilitate relationships.

Cons

The different networking features take a bit of time to figure out and getting our workforce to jump on board whole heartedly is a bit challenging.

Cara S.

Easy engagement every step of the way

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We are using Mobilize to engage our members and we’ve seen increased views and downloads of everything from meeting agendas to legislation.

Pros

How intuitive it is to use and our members really seem to be embracing it.

Cons

I haven’t discovered anything I don’t like yet :)

Craig D.

Making my life easier

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

I run an accelerator and we are using the platform to coordinate communications between startups and mentors.

Pros

The ability to send messages over several formats to a group.

Cons

It is working well for now, perhaps I will have more feedback in a few months

Sam R.

Excellent for Ambassador Programs

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

For us, it's perfect to run an ambassador program at Cridio and it does exactly what we want out of the box. With excellent UI/UX and customer service.