Mobilize Reviews

Mobilize

Community and member management software

4.8/5 (17 reviews)

Great Platform for Connecting a Community

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Pros

I use Mobilize to connect with the SF Etsy community. We have over 2,000 members and we use it to share resources, ask questions, collaborate, and more! It's a beautiful platform and helps us keep everything organized. I can log into the app or desktop site or view updates in my daily email digest. You can post questions, polls, or announcements to the whole group or individuals. You can also comment on posts publicly or privately. The search feature is great to find resources and revisit older conversations. It's an easy and affordable way to keep a large group connected.

Cons

I prefer to view updates in my email, so I would like the email digest to include all updates. Right now you can only view one or two updates and then you have to log-in to the app to see the rest. They recently made the email digest headings clickable, which is a huge improvement for bridging from email to the platform itself.

A Great platform for building a community, engage and scale up. It helped my community grow from a few dozen of members to thousands.

Reviewed on 2/1/2018
Review Source

Pros

Mobilize is an all in one community platform, in which I can efficiently manage new members, boost engagement with features, communicate from one place, send emails, events, and actually build my community in only one place with no third party tools. It's the first scalable membership management platform built for large groups - no member login required and they also have an app which helps me be engaged with my community 24/7. Their customer service is great and the team is awesome - we know each other and they speak to me monthly to help me scale up my community.

Cons

I wish they had a Desktop app.. There are web and iOS versions, but sometimes I prefer working with desktop apps with apps that I use daily.

Outstanding group communication tool with unparalleled customer service.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

Mobilize has saved time and reduced hassles.

Pros

Mobilize makes managing and collaborating with a group very simple. The learning curve is easy for users who can interact via email or use the well designed website or mobile app. The best feature is a poll which allows group members to respond to a question with the click of a button. Follow up messages can easily be sent to users based on their response. A great analytics tool allows admins to see who has viewed the message and send a follow up reminder with the click of a button.

The one-stop solution to community engagement - Hands-down the best solution for me.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

- Ability to professionally engage with a large community in a uniform manner
- Ability to quickly switch on an area for interaction and document sharing

Pros

As a former exec at social media company, Yammer, I have seen the spectrum of community engagement and digital collaboration products, which led me to search for something better.

What mobilize does for me that I can't find in Slack, Yammer or email is the following:
- The ability to professionally brand my communications to set the tone for groups. From the initial registration form to the automated emails, Mobilize provides all the flexbility I needed.
- The ability to easily see engagement metrics with posts and documents is second to none.
- I love the fact that group members never have to log into Mobilize if they don't want to - The conversation threads appear in email in a highly usable form and don't require people to break their workflow.

Cons

The only improvement I would like is the ability to write descriptions of files uploaded in groups so that people can search for them and understand what they are before downloading.

Modern platform with beautiful UI and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 4/19/2018

Pros

Mobilize's tight integration with email made it an obvious choice for our organization. Being able to create subgroups easily while retaining a global member directory is a unique feature, as well. The new iPhone and Android apps differentiate it from competing products.

Cons

Mobilize has placed some limitations on the look and feel of the emails and website. We are unable to moderate messages or add custom content to the header or footer. You cannot collect payments via the platform, nor add custom content that isn't in the form of an annoucement.

Friendly Online Community

Reviewed on 4/16/2019

Mobilize help me stay in touch with my students and share program updates on time.

Pros

Easy to use, knowledgeable customer support, free of charge, allows creation of more than one working group.

Cons

I like everything about this software. I would like to see a forum gadget as well as I use this app for communication with my students. Oftentimes, they have to work on group assignments outside of classroom and having a forum would enable them to start different threads designated for different weekly assignments.

An excellent way to manage a community

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

Made it easy to organize & run virtual communities

Pros

It makes it really easy to run a community. Has the ability to deeply segment the community to send targeted communications. Integrates group events really well. Primarily uses email as engagement mechanism which greatly helps with user adoption. Really easy to setup subgroups within groups.

Cons

I found my groups didn't become peer to peer it seemed to work better for centrally organized groups - people didn't seem as willing to share as they do on facebook.

Real easy to post and share ideas / thoughts / events with an active online community.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

Great to provide community forum and a place to share thoughts and ideas.

Pros

I like the layout of the forum with different channels and it's very mobile friendly. Reminds me of using Slack but with a better structure to the conversations and posts. I also like there is a directory of community members and you can either direct message privately or post comments publicly on a thread.

Cons

There isn't too much I don't like about Mobilize. From an end user perspective they could have a few more inbuilt tools such as edit post, pin posts and some better search functionality but overall it's very good.

Easy! It's great way for us to connect and engage our network of entrepreneurs all over the world

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/21/2018

Pros

It's incredibly easy to send a quick notification an event reminder to hundreds of people in one effort. The ease of access is perhaps the most important feature for us. We sometimes engage in interesting discussions, or share connections across the platform and we love the fact that we're able keep our dynamic group together under one service.

Easy to use, helpful support team, and great experience so far.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

We are able to connect with our customers in a more personalized way that fosters the type of long term customer relationship we are focused on creating.

Pros

Mobilize is really straight forward to use. The set up is quick, it's easy to maintain and update. I enjoy being able to connect with our audience in a variety of ways including polls, email blasts, and more.

Cons

I wish there was a little more depth to the analytics. I'd like to capture more information regarding engagement. I'd also like to have the ability to select a custom date range for the analytics.

Great for communities with some posts every day; not scalable yet to tens to hundreds of posts per day

Reviewed on 5/18/2018

Pros

Beautiful design, strong longterm outlook, really cool member filtering system, mobile app included. Best part though, is the customer support and her support team.

Cons

Lightweight functionality, pricing structure, no moderation roles, low integration between different subgroups. Had to abandon due to our community being too big for the platform to handle without frustration.

It's been really good software and easy to set up/use and get to grips with.

Reviewed on 6/6/2017

See previous response

Pros

That it all sits within your email so technically, you never have to go to the site to make the most of software.

Cons

I wish it would group the chats into 1 thread like a regular email... At present, i get individual emails for the same thread so if there are 30 replies, I get 30 separate emails which is just too noisy.

Simple Management Tools

Reviewed on 2/5/2018

Pros

Mobilize provides a simple way to manage tools for our workforce community. It is a way we can facilitate relationships.

Cons

The different networking features take a bit of time to figure out and getting our workforce to jump on board whole heartedly is a bit challenging.

Easy engagement every step of the way

Reviewed on 5/6/2019

We are using Mobilize to engage our members and we’ve seen increased views and downloads of everything from meeting agendas to legislation.

Pros

How intuitive it is to use and our members really seem to be embracing it.

Cons

I haven’t discovered anything I don’t like yet :)

Excellent for Ambassador Programs

Reviewed on 6/1/2017

Pros

For us, it's perfect to run an ambassador program at Cridio and it does exactly what we want out of the box. With excellent UI/UX and customer service.

Easy group messaging and discussion. Great for event communications!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017

Organized a volunteer event and had good communications.

Pros

Easily create groups to target messages within a discussion. Good editing. Campaign management -- like the ability to track who opened or clicked through. Easy member sign up.

Cons

Additional features -- text messaging, payment, etc. -- are expensive in comparison to the competition, especially for small and/or non-profit groups.

7.0/10

Great way to experience my community!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/31/2017

Pros

- Easy to use and fun!
- Features were designed nicely around the behavior of my community
- Lot's of thoughtful ways to engage my community