Showing 61 reviews of 51

BoardEffect

Board portal software for board members, execs & admins

Showing 61 reviews of 51
Mona C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It's the Perfect Tool for our large, 7-Board Health System

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Our individual health system began using BoardEffect in 2012. Then, last year, we became part of a large, 7-board private, non-profit health system. The decision was made to utilize one board portal across the System, which meant 5 boards had to migrate to BoardEffect. The transition has been amazingly smooth. Training of the new workrooms and top level administrators has been excellent; customer service has been very responsive. The new (and existing) users are pleased with the product! The organization of our boards is perfect and we are able to make sure only the "right" board members have access to the "right" board materials. I am not surprised by these results - the BoardEffect staff has been serving us and attentive to our needs for years!

Pros

I love the user-friendly design and the appearance and ease of use for the end-user. Finding documents is easy; iPad app is great; building meeting books is easy; customer support is very good.

Cons

There's not a lot of flexibility in what the agenda looks like after being built (but there's not a lot with other board portals, either). I would like to be able to better tailor the appearance of my agenda to my Boards' liking.

Response from BoardEffect

Thank you for your review, Mona! We're so happy to hear BoardEffect has been able to evolve with your organization as your needs have changed.

Gwen W.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Build a tool to make your board member successful

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

I love BoardEffect. It is the one place we can all trust to have the latest documents and tools to help guide our board governance. It has made our board feel successful individually and successful as a whole.

Pros

This software is our central point for documents for all 9 of our boards. This is easy to use and is very intuitive on where to find documents and items for upcoming board meetings along with surveys, and required annual documents like Conflict of Interest forms. We have a wide age range of board members - from the young to the very old that are not tech savvy, but this seems to be overwhelming a tool that all of them.

Cons

There are always new products/pieces/upgrades coming out. Knowing how to incorporate those takes me a bit of time.

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Gwen, it's great to hear that you're enjoying BoardEffect! Thank you for taking time to share your review. Please let our team know if you ever have any questions about new products and features, and be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you can stay informed about upcoming webinars and training sessions.

Cassandra H.

You need BoardEffect's Platform!

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

It's a brilliant platform! And the support team is absolutely incredible! I've never experienced such wonderful people, who are patient, informative and friendly.

Pros

It's EXTREMELY user-friendly, offers a VAST number of functionalities, app now mimics browser including offline use. It's customizable depending on the org's needs. It's secure. It flows. The platform is what one makes of it.

Cons

I can't say I dislike anything about this platform. It's designed based on clients' needs. Everything works the way it should and in the 2 years I've used it, I haven't had one bad thing to say.

Response from BoardEffect

Thank you for sharing this rave review, Cassandra! We're so happy to hear you've had such a positive experience working with us. It's wonderful to hear that we've created a product that makes your life easier as a board administrator.

Mark W.

Solid software for boards with room for improvement

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

It does what it does very well. It is easy to get board materials loaded, the user experience for trustees is excellent, it is easy to use and the customer support is outstanding. There is every feature you really need to manage a board, but there are improvements that could be made to make it even easier, but it would require partnership with other software companies and a robust API. See below for more.

Cons

The one thing that nags me about this software is entirely not the fault of BoardEffect, but the lack of vision between this software and complimentary software platforms. Take us for example, we are a national private foundation. Our main business software is a grants management platform called Fluxx. All of the proposal for trustee review happen within this portal and it takes a lot of work to get these ,materials exported and prepared for upload into BoardEffect. Having a robust API and partnerships with software companies like Fluxx could allow a seamless flow of information between systems, which would negate the need for wasting time on export and preparation of documentation for BoardEffect.

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Mark, thank you for taking time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our product and customer support team. BoardEffect currently supports external integration options with a range of services and technologies, but we are always looking to expand our integration offerings to support our customers. Thank you for telling us about your experience working with Fluxx -- it's invaluable for us to know about the tools and programs that are integral to the success of your organization, as we build out our product roadmap to create the best possible governance tool. If you are able, we invite you to share further feedback so we can better understand your needs.

Jamie Z.

I am our organization's site administrator.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

That the site provides one place for staff to post documents and information for our users to access.

Cons

That it takes a lot of clicks to access parts of the website. It would nice if that could be eliminated. Many of our users have a hard time finding things and it is mainly because they have to click quite a few links to find something and they get lost.

Response from BoardEffect

We appreciate your feedback, Jamie! Thanks for leaving us a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that BoardEffect has been well received at your organization, and we value your constructive feedback about the user experience. Our team is always working to improve the user interface to deliver the best possible experience for board members and board administrators. We will certainly take your feedback into account as we continue to develop our solution to support the work of boards. Feel free to contact our team with further suggestions at any time!

Mike A.
  • Industry: Automotive

Keeping Board Current

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Our board of directors are able to see all pertinent documents prior to any meetings . They are easily able to pull up financials, minutes and any correspondence before or after they need it.

Pros

Ease of seeing data. The fact that information both current and archived is available in a user friendly format.

Cons

Nothing. The software makes it possible to due away with all paper documents and have current information at your fingertip.

Kristen F.

Board meetings made easier

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

The ease of use and user friendly interface. Also, making board meeting paperless. Now having the ability to take minutes will be a life saver!

Cons

Teaching old dogs new tricks and training board members how to use the program and getting board members to use the collaboration tools. But BoardEffect has several tools and resources available to help make this easier so very grateful.

Response from BoardEffect

We know how cumbersome the minute-taking process can be, Kristen! Glad to hear that BoardEffect has made it easier for you. Thanks for sharing your review!

Cheryl S.

Excellent Board Platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

overall, my experience with BE is excellent. I am very happy that we chose BE to manage our board materials.

Pros

Boardeffect makes my job extremely easy. Very easy to navigate, its saves plenty of time and my board members love it.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative about the software.

Response from BoardEffect

Cheryl, we're thrilled to hear that BoardEffect has made your job easier and that your board members like the platform. Thank you for being a customer and sharing your review!

Rena G.

BE Thank You

Great, couldn’t do without

Pros

Ease, customer service, paperless, friendly for end users

Cons

Nothing the product does what I need and then some

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Rena, we're so happy that BoardEffect has been working so well for you and your board! Thanks for being a customer and for taking time to write us a review.

Denise M.

Thank you for providing this service...I love BoardEffect!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

totally saves time and makes my job more efficient

Pros

I like that the portal is so easy to use and I appreciate how it has grown over the years.

Cons

I can't think of anything because my experience has been so positive.....everything is great

Response from BoardEffect

Thanks for the 5-star review, Denise! We love hearing that BoardEffect has saved you time and made you work more efficiently.

Tammy J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simplify your life!

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

It takes me a lot less time to prepare for meetings, but my Board doesn't ever have time to learn how to use it effectively

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive design

Cons

A little pricey, Board must be willing to use in order to get your moneys worth

Response from BoardEffect

Thanks, Tammy for sharing your review! It's great to hear that BoardEffect has helped simplify your life. If you are interested in having a board member training session, please let our customer success team know and we would be happy to assist!

Ivan R.

Very straightforward product to use

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

This product does a very nice job for communicating with your board members, getting RSVP for events and posting your all your documents. It consolidated the duties of primarily two staff members into one system.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support is very good.

Cons

The email tool need to be more robust on formatting.

Response from BoardEffect

We're so glad you're liking BoardEffect, Ivan! Thanks for sharing your review. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to BoardEffect, and have taken your agenda formatting feedback into account.

Jennifer W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My third board portal--and BoardEffect is by far the best

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

BoardEffect is designed from the user's point of view, it's chock-full of useful features that other board portals don't have, and the BE team is highly responsive to user suggestions.

Cons

I haven't found a least-like feature yet!

Response from BoardEffect

Thank you for the rave review, Jennifer! We're so happy to hear you are finding BoardEffect to be feature-rich and easy-to-use.

Faith C.
  • Industry: Banking

Very Effective

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Pleasant

Pros

Our BOD relies on BoardEffect for everything, all our content is easily accessible in one place. Due to the recent pandemic we have gone 100% virtual and we could not have done so without BoardEffect.

Cons

The Email token for 2 factor authentication takes too long for protected emails

Susan fieldhouse D.

Such a great tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

A joy to use...wish I had been able to use this in my last few EA positions. I learned about it when I moved to my current association.

Pros

Supper responsive support team at BoardEffect, fairly intuitive to use, makes the workflow for assembling Board materials so much easier and saves a lot of time. There are a steady stream of webinars to keep users up to date on the platform, and the BoardEffect team is always happy to get suggestions for improvements. For any company concerned with security of its Board materials, this is a must-have product.

Cons

I would like to download the agenda pdf with no formatting, so that I can create an annotated agenda for the chair - have not found a way to do that but I am hoping BE will come up with a solution!

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Susan, it's great to hear that BoardEffect has made workflow easier for you! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback -- please know that we are always looking to make improvements to our platform, and have taken your feedback into account.

Joy W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Private Non-Profit’s 1st Year

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

As a new user I’ve had an excellent experience. Tech support is very helpful, and the resources available under the Help tab are very helpful.

Pros

It is easy to navigate the platforms and build materials.

Cons

Some of the functionality can be enhanced to mirror non-board specific resources. However, having everything in one place is very convenient.

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Joy -- thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you are finding BoardEffect to be a valuable platform for your non-profit. It's great feedback to hear that you would be interested in tweaking the user experience. If you are open to providing more detailed feedback, please contact our team so we can take your suggestions into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Scott O.

BoardEffect makes you and your team shine!

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

BoardEffect saves time! I've regained free time (after work hours) during "board prep" times. My organization(s), both The San Francisco Foundation and the California Health Care Foundation save resources, such as copy paper and three-ring binders - now that we've gone paperless.

Pros

ease of use. from day one (back in 2011), "out of the box," I understood BoardEffects features, and after review of BE's knowledge base, I was soon able to train other users - and even train the trainers. the features are evaluated and enhanced regularly, and BE listens to its customer base to make the product even better.

Cons

I have no strong negative impressions to report.

Response from BoardEffect

Thank you for the 5-star review, Scott! We love to hear that BoardEffect is helping make you and your team shine! And it's wonderful to know that we've helped you save time and paper at both of your organizations.

Rebecca T.

Great Return on Investment

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

I was reluctant to take the plunge due to cost, but this tool has saved our organization (me, in particular) an enormous amount of time and hassle. I'm grateful we went this direction.

Pros

BoardEffect is a fantastic tool for Board member engagement and an incredible time-saver when it comes to filing and pulling important information -- such as archived meeting minutes, financial reports, and the like.

Cons

Various technology upgrades/updates for all of the platforms being used.

Response from BoardEffect

Thanks, Rebecca for taking the time to write this review. We're so happy to hear you¿ve found BoardEffect to be of value to you and your organization. In terms of upgrades and updates, we are always working to improve the BoardEffect platform, and try to keep our customers in the loop about any changes that might affect them. Please sign up for our email newsletter to stay in the loop!

Judi T.

Robust system with a secure platform that can be accessed through multiple devices.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

An easier cleaner way to present Board packages to our Directors.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and Board Effect has many webinars to keep administrators up to date. Updates are made on a regular basis and communicated to the administrators.

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Judi, thank you for the 5-star review! We're so glad you've had a positive experience using BoardEffect at your organization, and that you've been able to attend some of our webinars.

Patti H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We have used BoardEffect since 2011 and are glad we chose them after looking at other options.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Ease of Board Book preparation; especially those last minute changes.

Pros

When we do have a problem or a question, the customer support is very quick and always helpful. I have attended a few of the annual conferences and they are awesome. It is a great experience to network with other users of the platform. I highly recommend attendance if possible.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. When users have suggestions to make it better, the team always works hard to make it happen.

Response from BoardEffect

Hi Patti -- thank you for the rave review! We love supporting our customers, so that you can continue to govern effectively and help those affected by your organization. Glad to hear you've enjoyed attending some of our user conferences, we hope to see you again next year!

Peggy M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

BoardEffect is very easy to administer and is easy for our board to use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use both from an administrator standpoint and from the board members' use.

Cons

The hardest thing to determine is the portal setup (folders in library, meeting rooms, etc.). This is not really a software issue. It just takes time to use the product to determine how your board members will best find and utilize the information in it.

Response from BoardEffect

Peggy -- we're thrilled to hear that BoardEffect has been effective for both administrators and board members at your organization. As an administrator, we value your opinion about board member adoption -- please know that our customer success team is always available if you ever have any questions about how best to structure the platform for board member ease of use.

Karen S.

Terrific Communications Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Looking forward to getting more familiar with all the BoardEffect portal has to offer.

Pros

BoardEffect has given us the ability to communicate with our board more effectively.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Response from BoardEffect

It's great to hear that BoardEffect has made communication with your board more effective, Karen! Thanks for sharing your review. If you're looking to expand your knowledge of BoardEffect and governance in general, please subscribe to our blog! It's a great resource and we update it with new content every week.

Nkemjika A.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TOOLS FOR BOARD MEMBERS IN AN ORGANISATION

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

I am using it to effectively prepare the Board Members for Board Meetings. Also, to pass down essential information to Board Members easily instead of sending emails to the individual Directors.

Pros

One feature about the BoardEffect software i like is that one can easily use it to create a meeting book for Board Members. It is easily used to pass essential information amongst Board Members.

Cons

It can be complex for a beginner as getting to find the materials can be a bit tricky.