Whaller Reviews

Whaller

Private social network creation for internal communication

4.8/5 (16 reviews)
Julio césar P.

Excellent alternative for networking with people in general without ads or other fb privacy issues.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Having the chance of getting social network services with the knowing that your private data is not being used for publicity is a pretty great feat nowadays, even though the mobile version is not as good as the internet one, it does not interfere with the excellent proposal that Whaller offers. To me, this is a win-win situation.

Pros

I created a profile and started using Whaller as an alternative to facebook, considering all the privacy and business-related issues concerning facebook. This app is excellent because it offers the chance with people from work and other places, knowing that your data and private information will not be used for publicity or some other forms of business with its clients. Security and privacy of all my personal data is a very relevant aspect for me within the use of a social network, so congratulations for that, The online interface is easy to use and highly intuitive, I wish it would be the same for the ios and android versions, respectively. However, those are issues I know they will be addressed in the future, as this app gets the recognition and popularity it truly deserves. This is basically the social network for the future.

Cons

As I mentioned before, the ios and android versions of this app are not as slick and well presented as the internet version, but for now, this is not a very alarming issue, since I am more than confident that this issue will be fixed in the next couple of months, as I have seen how much the company cares about the feedback its customers continuously give.

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Julio-César !

Baptiste L.

Whaller brings us a smart way to communicate with our team and customers, on a private environment.

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

For now it's the best product to creat a community of customers/users and generate engagement. With a large choice of features (even in the free version), Whaller is a great way to create a smart and rich relationship with your community.

Pros

First of all, the privacy of what is posted on Whaller is important. The UI is getting better and better, and users are quickly able to understand how it works and where to write or search informations.
Posts allows to creat polls, events, and doodles.
The CMS portal to personalise the service.

Cons

The Kanban is a godd idea but still not as powerfull as Trello.
The tchat is not yet as great as Slack or Rocket.chat
The sphere agenda would need integration with Exchange
The price is too expensive for a small organisation

Response from Whaller

Hi Baptiste,

Thanks for the feedback. It will help us improve Whaller.

Christophe L.

A very good free experience, which respect my private life.

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Make my work with coworker easier ! A good platform to share documents, ideas...

Pros

The "sphere". This software is very functional and respectful for my different kind of entourage. I can be as I am with all of them in real life, but not the same way with family, coworkers, friends.

Cons

The defect is the mobile application. there is too much features we can not make yet compare to the computers version.

Response from Whaller

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the feedback. It will help us improve the app.

Francis Z.

Very helpful application for groups as a private network

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

A better management and hit rate regarding Facebook systems (FB, ...).
We use it as the mainstream of our exchange and especially on the market analysis we follow up on.

Pros

easy of use and paramterization. Free version with very good level of functionnalities. VEry good tool to agregate people around topics

Response from Whaller

Hi Francis,

We're very happy to read your review. Thank you.

Isidore A.

The use of Whaller is fuently and accessible

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Confidentiality, restriction of records, total control
Permanent removal of old personal spheres
Member Management: View the list of spheres for each person
Be able to disable welcome messages on a sphere

Pros

Ability to write temporary messages, which are self-destructive ("burning messages")
Notifications when adding a document to the box
PDF document viewer in spheres
Mobile application: new network creation path
Mobile Application: Display of Input Requests

Cons

It alone meets the parameters of a dozen social networks

Julien N.

My Opinion on Whaller !

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/28

I am just a Whaller user and not the founder of this social network. I can not answer this question since I use Whaller personally and privately since 21 March 2019.

Pros

I give the rating of 5 stars because I think that Whaller is very promising and very well designed. The design is very nice. I registered on Whaller on March 21st because I happen to get tired of Facebook and on top of that, I was looking for a competing solution to Facebook and French, which does not spoil anything. I just installed the application on my smartphone. I intend to talk about this social network around me because all my contacts are on Facebook.

Cons

For the moment, I have not noticed any defects in the use of Whaller.

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Julien !

Charlotte F.

We use whaller in the company where I work. Cale has changed a lot of things for the communication

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Pros

Data security is one of the most important criteria. We recommend its use in other organizations in order to to boost cohesion between people

Cons

The mobile app is still different from the website and we are looking forward new developpment to fix some issues.

Response from Whaller

Hi Charlotte,
Thanks for your review. We're glad you liked Whaller. Your feedback is very important and we'll use is to improve your experience on Whaller.

Xavier M.

easy to use and helpfull to share infomation in an organization

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

We use whaller for a local community of 250 entrepreneurs in digital area.
Our members find out local news, events in our whaller organization and share information about topics in whaller spheres
Our main issue was to have an easy to use collaboration software and whaller dit it well

Pros

The free version offers a large panel of functionnalities.
Privacy handling is easy to use in each sphere (aka groups or channel)
The notification system is fully customisable

Cons

Mobile Web site could be better,
An loading item sometimes appears when you scroll to reach old messages

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Xavier

Antoine C.

Super ap

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

fast, design

Pros

Free and speed, i love this app. So secure

Cons

nothing! really cool app, i think it's a good app for family

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Antoine

Christophe A.

We use Whaller to connect members on big projects

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

very easy to use, with a lot of functionalities. And available on desktop as well as on mobile, with the same easyness.

Response from Whaller

Hi Christophe,
Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to read that you're satisfied with Whaller.
Best,

Ramon T.

Excellent alternative to establish contacts with people

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

Whaller has served us as an alternative to the mythical Facebook, but with better privacy and business related to this social network. It offers people an excellent opportunity knowing that all their data and information will not be disclosed publicly or for any form of business with another external client. The interface is highly intuitive and easy to use. It is the social network that will dominate in the future.

Cons

The only bad thing with this software is that its applications are not as skillful as on the web or as nice to see as in the web version, although that does not worry me because I hope that over time correct that problem.

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Ramon

Tom R.

A new secure exchange space

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Pros

- Created by a French company <3
- Super easy to use
- Completely secure
- Always new innovations to improve the site and the mobile application
- The latest version of the mobile application (V3)

Cons

- A few small bugs but the staff is always listening to our needs.

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Tom

Anthony F.

Help people connect quickly, easily and safely.

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

It helped me connecting to 10 people very easily. Thanks to Whaller, we started a community to exchange about our passion et we organised quicky IRL meetings. My goal achieved in less than 15 days!!

Cons

People expect more from the phone application.

Response from Whaller

Thanks for your review Anthony

Petra L.

Easy to create a workplace ! Even for beginners

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

It's a "serious work place", my company is small, just starting, and it makes it immediately very professional!

Pros

Can be used for small and big communities and can grow easily!
Free ! that's nice!
I will recommend whaler to my communities like associations and small companies which use email for communication. Whaller is so much easier for use! Easy to find back important documentation, easy to organise the work and the meetings.

Cons

Need to invite people to each "sphère" of the organisation, but probably I missed "how to invite to the company" and select in only one message the different "sphères"
I just started with whaller, only one week ago

Response from Whaller

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to ask us any question in the "Club" if there is something you need.

Bertrand T.

It's a good product

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

The website is very easy to use, we do not encounter any bug. The iOS application is perfectible. Overall I recommend this solution rather than Facebook.

Pros

I like respect for private life, I like private spheres, I like the French / European project.

Cons

The applications are still to perfect even if they already offer the essential.

Response from Whaller

Thanks a lot for your review Bertrand !

THE BEST APP EVER

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/10

i recommend it totally to everyone

Pros

ITS ACCURACY, AND ITS USEFULNESS IN HELPING ME DISCUSS WITH MY COLLEAGUES

Cons

that it is used for communication amongst a group of people