CloudBooks

Online invoicing, time tracking, payment & expense software

Alonso M.

Why We Recommend CloudBooks

Reviewed on 2015/07/17

CloudBooks slogan is "Send Invoices Online. Get Paid Faster", and this online billing and invoicing software offers a clean look that's complemented by pops of color. After a 30-day free trial, $2 per month for up to 25 customers and 3 users, next monthly subscription is $20 up to Unlimited customers and Unlimited users for unlimited invoices and estimates, time tracking and customer management, customizable invoices with a logo and much more.

Dashboard: Well designed dashboard with links to invoicing and time keeping tasks, a daily, weekly and monthly revenue overview and reporting for overdue, outstanding and paid invoices.

Reminders: Automatic late payment reminders via email.

Cost: CloudBooks offers many features with no limits for a really low monthly cost.

Mobile/Future plans : No mobile apps, although customers can pay invoices on their smart
phone and CloudBooks can be used via a web browser on tablets. Mobile apps are in future plans.

Gateways: Accepts payments from seven popular gateways, like Google Checkout and PayPal, which is enough for many businesses, but some others offer many more gateways.

Branndon A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Wanted to just do a quick trial. Liked it overall. Would use it in the future!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Not much. Just used the trial to see if it would work for me. It won't, free plan is too limited. Maybe sometime in the future I will decide to pay for something like this.

Pros

I like the intuitive interface. That made it very easy to use. I also liked that it was cloud based and accessible from anywhere.

Cons

I do not like how limited the free account is. Not very useful. Would much rather have limited extra features with unlimited number of invoices. Once it is embedded in my business then I would take a look at the additional functionality to determine whether it is worth the cost to upgrade. As is, I won't use it as I don't want to use up my revenue on paying for it. Therefore some other system will likely be put into place and make it harder to switch if I wanted to.

Armanty D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ebook much cheapper then Hard copy

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

I am satisfied the Product

Pros

You can store on line all your books and reach them easily from any gadget. There is no weight to carry all your books.

James G.

Great app, just what we needed,.

Reviewed on 2015/05/07

Needs a few tweaks to be perfect but overall a very good app, Hopefully Android apps are in the works. Very responsive customer service. A real Pleasure to deal with!!

Response from CloudBooks

Thank you James. Android app in development and will be live soon.

Ran R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

really bad. Took forever to disconnect from service. No refund. no support.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Cons

Despite contacting service support numerous times, I received no service or help from anyone. All contacts went unanswered. I would never recommend this service to anyone and shared my experience with many of my peers and colleagues.

Mark N.

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2015/05/08

I have been using this invoice and billing software for some months now and I can say that I am very satisfied. CloudBooks Invoice only charges you if you create more than 5 invoices per month. However, the pricing for more invoices is very reasonable. I managed to sign up in just a few seconds, which surprised me. The subscription to other invoicing applications is often much more time consuming. The dashboard that CloudBooks created is pretty intuitive. You just need to take some minutes to set up an invoice template and you can start invoicing right away.

Pros: Follow up on unpaid bills. It integrates with PayPal and its own products. The software is ready for multiple currencies

Cons: None so far.

Rajesh B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A ok ok billing tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

can be a good experience and need improvement.

Pros

you can create reports and send to you clients at their email address. you can create as many format as you need.

Cons

user interface is not friendly and not easy to use ,please improve it and make it more smooth for user.

Ron K.

Customer support has been very responsive but software is not as easy to use as I would like

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Robust functionality - I can do almost everything I need.
Cloud based application allows for users to see invoices from anywhere

Cons

Not very user friendly.
-difficult to select names and items when processing invoices. Sometimes the wrong item is picked and we have to start over
-Requirements to enter email address even if I am not emailing an invoice
-Customer phone number does not appear on the invoice

John B.

Most features don't work, or don't work well.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

Has a nice feature set (when it works) and it is cheap, since I only use it for a few clients I'm willing to put up with the bugs.

Cons

Most features beyond basic ones don't work at all or as well as it should. Base functionality is OK for basic invoicing. Support is absolute rubbish.

Esmady E.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reduce your accounting time

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Open your extra time save on accounting for other valuable thing

Pros

1. Easy access from all around the world 2. Direct to the authority 3. Very fast and good support 4. Get all report need in a second

Cons

1. Won't work without internet access 2. Basically I can't find any other cons about this software since i use it in 2011

David J.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

CloudBooks has made my consulting business much simpler to manage

simplifying my billing

Pros

I like that It is web based, very easy to quickly greatly invoices. I like that I can quickly get reports and a quick overview of my invoices.

Cons

The new invoice layout can be a bit confusing. I would also like to see an iOS app to edit and send invoices. I would like to see integration with Square for payments.

Chris J.

I think this is good software, and the support team was very friendly when testing out the app.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Not much since I used it in testing of different time-tracking & invoicing apps, but I would definitely applaud their support team.

Pros

Great support team. Fairly straight-forward to use. Very nice looking front-end, which they did not have originally. Actually one of the better looking ones I have seen.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the straight line timing of items, but it seems to work fine regardless. When I tested the app, they did not have in-line task creation when starting a timer. Have really enjoyed that on other apps like primaerp.com.