FOTO Reviews

FOTO

Measure Outcomes. Manage Quality. Market Strengths

4.6/5 (33 reviews)
Selena H.

The FOTO Team readily responds to needs. The team is fast, friendly and caring.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Huge time savings. Credible immediate information within intake, status and discharge reports. Now have patient specific information at my fingertips to help with making clinical decisions. Also have a validated way to substantiate either continuation of care or discontinuation of episode of care. Easy, at a glance scorecard indicating how quickly patients improve and how much function they achieve after receiving services.

Pros

The best part is the team behind the software. I appreciate their dedication, forward thinking and ability to design a product focused on end user experience. I have been tracking my outcomes since 2000 and this software product substantially reduces data entry and data analysis time. I no longer have to spend hours upon hours inputting into Access and then creating queries to then use Excel for graphs to then dump into Word for a report on the quality of my care. The science of FOTO far surpasses all I had done in the past. I now have the ability to compare the quality of my care with thousands of others. Computer adaptive testing is SO much faster than what I used to use with paper and pencil (Oswestry, LEFS, DASH, NDI). The risk adjustment process used in conjunction with predictive analytics really helps me with clinical decisions. I at least have a general idea of how much change in function should happen and in defined amount of time and visits. FOTO has built into its software design patient interaction - patients immediately receive feedback on how they are progressing and how they compare to others. I did not have that ability with what I had created independently. Having a third party rank clinical performance immediately builds credibility about the quality of services provided.

Cons

I wish the emails I receive about open cases, closed cases and cases needing status updates was a bit more eye appealing. Initially using the system was a bit overwhelming because the software does so much. Each clinician and support staff need to be entered into the system which does take time. When I do need to have a patient complete a status in the clinic, the code to type into the iPad has mixed letters and numbers. I do wish the code would only be letters because of how the keyboard is on an iPad.

Stefan V.

Why I use FOTO

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

As a small clinic I need each and every tool to market my clinic to the community and our referral sources. FOTO's marketing tool are very helpful and definitely a part of my marketing strategy.

Cons

Increasingly commercial payers communicate that they are absolutely not interested in evidence based care. Their reasoning is mystifying and a large part of the reason why our healthcare system is in deep trouble.
FOTO is an additional administrate task to your staff. Since they do not see direct benefit in the sense of a lighter workload it is absolutely critical that FOTO develops / continues to develop an ever more efficient system

Trent S.

Excellent outcome tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

It's easy to use, patients can fill it out on a tablet, you can compare to the national average and use it to educate patients on typical prognosis for their condition. Questions change depending on how the patient answers them, therefore you have less of a floor/ceiling effect. I also love that you can see your effectiveness and satisfaction scores per clinician.

Cons

In a small organization, it can be very time consuming to gather information. It is best done with having admin staff work with the patients and PTs should read and interpret the information, not administer the questionnaire.

Phil M.

Outcomes are the Future and the Future is Now!

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

FOTO data enables us to compare the quality of our services nationally but also by facility, individual clinician, by diagnostic groups. It allows us to objectively identify experts, identify our cost per case, market to physicians and payers.

Pros

It is risk adjusted, bench marked, and the largest therapy outcomes data base in the world.

Cons

It is a challenge for progressive neurological disorders.

Lauren C.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

We are using FOTO outcomes to market to referring sources. We use FOTO to track our progress with patients.

Pros

I like that it provides an objective measure for pt’s subjective reports on what they can/can’t do.
I like that you can add independent functional measures such as Oswestry into it

Cons

I do not like that questions may not be age appropriate (asking 90 year olds about running and lifting 100# overhead).
My company puts a lot of value into FOTO scores and the “expected” score but I don’t think that can account for everything

Jeff Y.

FOTO

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

FOTO does provide international rankings that allow you to market your clinic's results to referral sources and new hires.

Pros

I like that FOTO can be used to measure outcomes for multiple conditions and that it encompasses other outcome measures such as DASH, Oswestry, STArt Back, etc. The raw score is shown as a bar along with subsequent scores for easy viewing for the patient.

Cons

Some the questions are not relevant. For example, there are questions about whether or not you could play contact sports. This question is asked if you are 15 or 85 years old. Literacy can be an issue too so many patients require that the questions be read to them which can create some bias.

Mark T.

A great partner with Results PT. We help patients get better, faster, and FOTO helps us prove it.

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

detailed patient and therapist outcome data, risk-adjusted by condition. Powerful tool to help our team members and share with our referring HCPs.

Pros

Patient-specific data is easy to capture and use with healthcare professionals to show patient progress and improvement. We also can easily track results by therapist, so FOTO becomes a key quality metric for our team members.

Cons

We're waiting for the pelvic health database to become robust enough to begin tracking and comparing outcomes - we're excited about adding this to our tool kit!

Crystal N.

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Overall experience is very positive since starting FOTO.

Pros

It is great to be able to email patients their outcome surveys prior to their evaluation and to email them during their treatment for updates. FOTO has many additional surveys which may be added.

Cons

The inability to combine diagnoses (neck and back, hip and knee) and the inability to go back into the survey to make corrections when a patient misunderstands the questions are the drawbacks of using FOTO.

Eric O.

FOTO has been a game changer

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Top notch customer service. Every interaction is prompt and professional. It has allowed us to grow our business over the past several years.

Pros

Quick and easy to use. Quickly able to identity areas of opportunity and market your strengths.
Reports are easy to read and quick to get buy in with patients. Reports to referral sources are like gold.

Cons

If I have to choose some cons would be the lack of West Coast conferences but really have enjoyed them all.

Nancy D.

Review of FOTO

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Has helped us to identify our areas of strength for clinical outcomes as well as our weaknesses and has helped to develop a plan for improvement. Helps with MD outreach and marketing.

Pros

Helps us to measure our outcomes and compare individual results as well as how we are doing compared to other clinics.

Cons

Best for the orthopedic population. Not as valid for other rehab diagnoses

Crystal N.

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

Being able to email patients the survey ahead of their appointment. Text based PDF results so I can copy and paste into my note.

Cons

When multiple diagnoses are present it creates 2 separate reports instead of one. There is no way to go back and correct a mistake the patient made (for example, rating severe pain as a 2/10 instead of 8/10). Limited language translation. We need Farsi/Arabic, Hindi, and other Asian languages.

Doran L.

FOTO for Rehab

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Using FOTO has allowed us to meet certain regulatory reporting requirements as well as track our performance on behalf of our clients. Prior to using FOTO, this was difficult and not well automated. FOTO has streamlined our processes and helps us provide meaningful information to our employees and clients.

Pros

The FOTO software application is easy to use and provides excellent reporting capabilities.

Cons

It would be helpful if comprehensive reports were available in more real time as opposed to 3 month blocks.

Greg C.

Eye Opener!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Overall experience is excellent and very simple to set up and maintain. Each personnel in our organization has a specific role in implementing and gathering data through FOTO which has worked remarkably well.

Pros

The data mined from FOTO is truly gold. We have used this data to improve the quality of our rehabilitation services on multiple occasions. Since it is dynamic and the data is so detailed we are able to tweak our methods of delivering healthcare based on REAL numbers not speculation.

Cons

Nothing it is very user friendly and the ease of implementation was fantastic.

Rachel P.

FOTO - a good start

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Gives us quantifiable data to share with patients and payors

Cons

The questions are not always tailored well to our population - young, active types seem to get more accurate assessment of their function vs the older clients. IE 80 year old hip replacement patients getting low scores with minimal room for improvement number-wise being asked multiple questions about running and jumping...

Joshua M.

FOTO review

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Very effective and powerful tool for predictive measures/outcomes. It helps the patient set realistic expectations

Pros

It's easy. It gives very good, robust predictive information, allowing the patient to have an idea of their outcomes, and the approximate time and number of visits.

It also shows how much better they may perform compared to their peers.

Cons

We have no idea of the actual length of time, or type of interventions provided to the other patients.
Many questions are not applicable, even for uninjured, healthy people.

Joshua M.

FOTO review

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

The predictive values and expectations and ease of use make FOTO an excellent tool, and I really like the program. The questions need some improvements in wording.

Pros

It provides excellent predictive outcomes for patients, and is very quick. It also provides appropriate expectations for patients and providers given the nature of the patients condition. I've found it to be quite accurate.

Cons

Several of the questions are not appropriate (even for healthy patients), or are confusing, making it difficult to answer accurately.

Jaye K.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

We purchased the OM Lite version in order to start getting ready for MIPS. While this has been a great tool for our therapists, I would recommend purchasing the full version as it allows for more functional testing with which the therapists are familiar. Training was sparse, but the company will give you more advanced training, if you can get in contact with your representative. I would also recommend that you have an EMR system that will integrate with this software.

Pros

This software has helped our therapists achieve better treatment results and has also allowed the patient to have more input into their treatment plan.

Cons

I do not have anything that I like the least about this software.

Adam W.

Physical Therapy FOTO

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

-National data
-Relatively easy to use and time-saving
-Majority of info pertinent to my patients

Cons

-Occasionally questions are not pertinent to the patient population I work with.
-Would like ability to discharge patient with option of patient did not return to therapy.

Briana L.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Administering surveys much easier there is nothing to calculate can email surveys

Pros

This software makes fxn outcomes and Medicare reporting very easy
Excellent customer service

Cons

Integration with emr challenges
In terms of some mips reporting

Ernie G.

FOTO has been a great partner

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

FOTO has helped our practice improve
Patient outcomes. FOTO is an integral piece to all our practice systems.

Pros

Reporting features and customer support at FOTO.

Cons

Some of the patient questionnaires are length and not user-friendly.

Ryne F.

Better than OATs

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

I love having the ability to track patient progress using functional assessment in an easy to use system. The data is great for the provider and the patient.

Cons

The fear questionnaire consistently confuses patients due to it's language. I consistently have patients mark the exact opposite of what they meant to intended to mark.

Jeffrey D.

FOTO Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

More positive than negative.

Pros

It’s focus on function, as that is so important in our world as PTs.

Cons

The difficulty when multiple body regions and impairments are involved

Allison D.

FOTO Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Easy to use. Incorporates aspects of various outcomes measures for different body parts.

Cons

Patients get frustrated with irrelevant questions to their condition.

Sherry S.

Foto Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

User friendly. Reports are very beneficial.

Cons

When a patient has two different problems not totally satisfied with linking the two cases together.

Blake H.

Great product for getting a deeper dive into patient outcomes

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Pros

It gives a each patient a score outcome score based on their conditions.

Cons

Some of the questions could use to editing to make it easier for patients to understand.