FOTO Reviews

FOTO

Care quality measurement for rehabilitation clinics

5/5 (5 reviews)
Selena H.

The FOTO Team readily responds to needs. The team is fast, friendly and caring.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Huge time savings. Credible immediate information within intake, status and discharge reports. Now have patient specific information at my fingertips to help with making clinical decisions. Also have a validated way to substantiate either continuation of care or discontinuation of episode of care. Easy, at a glance scorecard indicating how quickly patients improve and how much function they achieve after receiving services.

Pros

The best part is the team behind the software. I appreciate their dedication, forward thinking and ability to design a product focused on end user experience. I have been tracking my outcomes since 2000 and this software product substantially reduces data entry and data analysis time. I no longer have to spend hours upon hours inputting into Access and then creating queries to then use Excel for graphs to then dump into Word for a report on the quality of my care. The science of FOTO far surpasses all I had done in the past. I now have the ability to compare the quality of my care with thousands of others. Computer adaptive testing is SO much faster than what I used to use with paper and pencil (Oswestry, LEFS, DASH, NDI). The risk adjustment process used in conjunction with predictive analytics really helps me with clinical decisions. I at least have a general idea of how much change in function should happen and in defined amount of time and visits. FOTO has built into its software design patient interaction - patients immediately receive feedback on how they are progressing and how they compare to others. I did not have that ability with what I had created independently. Having a third party rank clinical performance immediately builds credibility about the quality of services provided.

Cons

I wish the emails I receive about open cases, closed cases and cases needing status updates was a bit more eye appealing. Initially using the system was a bit overwhelming because the software does so much. Each clinician and support staff need to be entered into the system which does take time. When I do need to have a patient complete a status in the clinic, the code to type into the iPad has mixed letters and numbers. I do wish the code would only be letters because of how the keyboard is on an iPad.

Jeff Y.

FOTO

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

FOTO does provide international rankings that allow you to market your clinic's results to referral sources and new hires.

Pros

I like that FOTO can be used to measure outcomes for multiple conditions and that it encompasses other outcome measures such as DASH, Oswestry, STArt Back, etc. The raw score is shown as a bar along with subsequent scores for easy viewing for the patient.

Cons

Some the questions are not relevant. For example, there are questions about whether or not you could play contact sports. This question is asked if you are 15 or 85 years old. Literacy can be an issue too so many patients require that the questions be read to them which can create some bias.

Mark T.

A great partner with Results PT. We help patients get better, faster, and FOTO helps us prove it.

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

detailed patient and therapist outcome data, risk-adjusted by condition. Powerful tool to help our team members and share with our referring HCPs.

Pros

Patient-specific data is easy to capture and use with healthcare professionals to show patient progress and improvement. We also can easily track results by therapist, so FOTO becomes a key quality metric for our team members.

Cons

We're waiting for the pelvic health database to become robust enough to begin tracking and comparing outcomes - we're excited about adding this to our tool kit!

Ernie G.

FOTO has been a great partner

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

FOTO has helped our practice improve
Patient outcomes. FOTO is an integral piece to all our practice systems.

Pros

Reporting features and customer support at FOTO.

Cons

Some of the patient questionnaires are length and not user-friendly.

Brad M.

At our clinic we were looking for an outcomes program that we could use for patients.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Can use Foto to compare our outcomes and for insurance companies.

Pros

Foto was the program we choose due to the ease of use (Ipads) and cost. It was a little bit of a transition, but after a couple of weeks all the PT's liked it.

Cons

The initial set-up of the system was a bit time consuming, but you would have that with any set-up. Overall our clinic looked at Foto and another system and we are glad so far we went with Foto.