Frontify

4,8 (55)
Cloud-based platform makes it easy to centralize your brand

Beatrice F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool to digitize your brand guideline

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

We used Frontify to digitize our brand guidelines and to provide access to it for all our colleagues around the globe. It's a great tool to present all aspects of your brand and to guide everyone through your brand. It is also a great asset tool for your images/photography and videos, icons and documents. You can also easily personalize your content. The support and training provided by Frontify is a great help even if the tool is very self-explaining. It's the perfect software to digitize your brand standards.

Pros

It's an easy-to-use software, self-explaining and almost endless option to use. The content are easily maintained, changes and updates are done immediately. The management of the user groups, user rights and the targets are very smart. It's a great software for all the needs of a brand portal: for guidelines as well as icon, media and document libraries. And it's perfect for all those who have multiple brands to manage.

Cons

Some functionalities in the presentation of the content can be improved, e.g. using tables

Response from Frontify

Thank you for the review!

Gabriella G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The Publisher is my hero!

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

I think Frontify is a great software. It's very helpful to have one link for all brand elements and that we are able to personalise it.
While building our own style guide, the customer success manager was very helpful with full detailed trainings and keeps me up to date with new features.

Pros

There are many departments in my company that need a lot of banner designs, so I made templates that are easy to use and saves me a lot of time. My colleagues are very happy with this and it gives them the freedom of making their own banners when they need it. Also with the approval feature, I can check if the brand guidelines are respected.

Cons

Hopefully one day we could be able to implement Adobe illustrator files instead of sketch. Our company uses a lot of vectors and illustrations, so it would be nice to be able to change/edit those in the publisher.

Bynder

Reasons for Switching to Frontify

The biggest reason that we went with Frontify is that we can personalise our own style guide and I found the publisher more advanced than the competitor. I felt that Bynder was more of a sales pitch than a company solution.

Response from Frontify

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're having so much success with the Publisher feature. Keep being a brand hero!

Luke P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Enterprise Level CMS and Guidelines

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Good solutions that are being improved upon. Also pretty great customer support when you need it.

Pros

That anyone on the team can use the software to update guidelines, control the CMS system, and deploy updated content.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, especially on the admin side.

Brandfolder

Reasons for Switching to Frontify

Cost and features.

Response from Frontify

Hi Luke, thanks for taking time to leave a review on both Capterra and G2 Crowd. We're grateful for your feedback.

Michael T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Our unified platform for everything around the brand and its design

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Pros

With our Brand Portal (frontify), we have one global platform for everything around our brand and its design. The platform has been implemented in August 2019 and is globally available for our 30k employees. They have access to all style guides, an asset library with more than 60k assets, as well as many other important brand topics and elements. The platform is managed by our global Brand & Corp. Design as well as UX team. Maintaining, adapting and updating the platform is as easy as 123. The system is pretty self-explanatory, easy-to-use and to navigate.

Cons

At the moment, we're only using the Style Guides and Icon Library products. Both products work very well and comply with our expectations and needs. The two products Publisher and Media Library are currently tested and reviewed. Compared to other products in the market, the Publisher feature from Frontify is not as sophisticated as expected though. Other than that, we're really satisfied with the products and service from Frontify. Also, we've received fantastic feedback from all around the world - our regional and local Brand & Design team are very happy with the platform.

Response from Frontify

Hi Michael, thanks for taking time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear things are going well. As for our Publisher feature, we have some exciting updates in the works.

Denisa M.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Frontify powers our design system

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Pros

Frontify is very easy to set up. In no time we had our structure for our product design system up and running. It's very easy to switch between edit and view modes. The text formatting options and the blocks offered make it very simple to create the specifications for components and share them with the development team.

Cons

What I am missing is a way to collaborate in real time with others on the same page in Frontify. I would also like more block options to help explain more detailed interactions in a more visual way (for example I really like the Dos and Don'ts block and would like more options like that). A comment function would also be interesting as well as more sub-navigation options within pages.

Response from Frontify

Thanks so much for your feedback, Denisa. We're glad you're finding the product so easy to use. Also, I love your ideas for the additional blocks (the Do's and Don'ts is a favorite block of mine, too). I'll pass them along to our product team.

Hannelie J.

Awesome brand tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Very happy!

Pros

User-friendly and looks current! Not getting complaints from agencies.

Cons

Unable to upload all types of files, but there's a good selection that works.

Gelato Globe

Response from Frontify

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're having success. Cheers!

Jose M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Empower your brand!

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

I highly recommend Frontify to all companies who need to boost their brand and marketing materials. I dont want to miss the oportunity to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our Guest Experience Manager from Frontify) for her continuous help. Overall, since its implementation Frontify has had a positive impact in our company and how our employees interact with our brand, which each day is being used more and more.

Pros

Frontify helped us to better organise our brand materials throughout the company. It's a platform easy to use that alows you centralize all your content virtually.

Cons

It has been a great experience so far. No problems at all.

Response from Frontify

Many thanks for the review, Jose! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a positive experience with empowering your brand so far. Keep going!

Erin L.
  • Industry: Utilities

Brilliant Branding tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Love this tool and it makes brand management that bit easier when it's all online and easily accessible and to be distributed.

Pros

Ease of use and then sharing across thousands of staff and external contractors across a large geographical location.

Cons

Nothing stands out at the moment as problelmatic

Response from Frontify

Hi Erin, thanks so much for the kind words! We're so happy to hear that you're getting more people involved with your brand across great distances. Keep up the awesome work!

I wish I found Frontify sooner

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

Super easy to create the source of truth for your orgs branding and share with others. I plan to continue to use or encourage using Frontify in all of my future workplaces, as every place needs structure and organization for their design systems.

Cons

I wish there was a way for users who aren't admin members to invite others within their organization to their style guides. It makes it tough when only one person has admin access and you need to request everytime you want to add somebody.

Jelle D.

Frontify is great!

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Pros

Frontify is a great tool for any company, it has a great UI, this makes it very easy to use for beginners. But Frontify has a lot of functionalities which also makes it great for advanced users.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Frontify. Never experienced any bugs.

Jonathan S.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Strong brand management platform

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Overall, easy company to do business with and a user-friendly software platform.

Pros

Setting up a site to manage and control access to our brand guidelines was extremely simple with Frontify. It took very little training to be able to utilize the features in our package, as well.

Cons

I suppose there might have been some limitations around some of the core platform's templates but that didn't necessarily impact our use of the tool.
I tend to think brand management software like this is typically more important for B2C companies than B2B ones but our use of Frontify was definitely successful, especially after going through a brand refresh and needing to ensure adherence to new corporate standards.

Response from Frontify

Hi Jonathan, thank you so much for taking time to leave a review. We're thrilled to read that you're finding it easy both to use our platform and work with us. As for the template limitations, our product team is constantly making additions and improvements. If you have any specific recommendations, feel free to reach out to me or your account manager and we'll pass it along. Thanks, again!

Emma L.
  • Industry: Design

A great tool that bridges the gap between branding, design and programming

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I've been working with a small but quickly growing startup called Just Arrived that matches newly arrived immigrants with simple jobs at Swedish companies. I'm a UX designer at an agency supporting them with both visual design and UX spanning a couple of months. Since my time there was limited I wanted to find a good tool for Just Arrived, where you could store everything regarding the brand (brand manual, design guidelines, UI templates, print templates) in one place with easy access for everyone - designers, programmers, marketers and any of their (future) partners. They had tried other software before, but I found that quite restricting, so I started looking into other software and apps as well. But nothing had the combination of all those things together. Until a co-worker mentioned that they used Frontify for another client. And I fell in love with it!

So far it is undoubtedly the best tool I've come across for managing all aspects of a brand, cross-platform, with also being very flexible and super easy to edit and update. The guidelines aren't spread across different software and document types (like in an uneditable pdf) anymore. Now they're very easy to share with anyone who needs assets to make presentations, videos or any type of promotional material and the live code available for UI elements makes it very easy for programmers to develop new pages and functions without depending on a designer to figure everything out first (especially when you use the atom concept and can create ready templates). Everyone also gets an understanding of what the brand values are and why the design is a certain way. It makes the brand a lot more manageable and easier to hand off to the next person.

I can't wait to see how Frontify continues to develop and what more functions will be added. So far it's been a great help to me! Thanks for a lovely product :)

Pros

That it manages several aspects of a brand and keeps them in one place, in a neat and good looking way that's easily accessible and editable.

Cons

Some of the minor user interactions aren't completely smooth and there are some minor bugs.

Response from Frontify

Thank you!

Alona M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Awesome support and teamwork

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Our team is happy to use Frontify brand tool since almost one year. We get awesome support and suggestions on how to improve our customer experience. Our needs are listened and our suggestions are taken seriously. When we find out that something is missing, the product team is ready to put it in the development pipeline and assure that all our request are considered in the future. The strong effort to improve and change what is not working, is a strong driver to work with Frontify in a long term prospective.

Pros

It makes our brand looks consistent and accessible in all the organization. Have everything that we need to control our brand identity and share it with other also externally.
I love the support of the team and how they listen to our needs. This is so important to me.

Cons

The fact that some times there are small bugs (ex. downloads of some templates), but they are fixed really quickly.

Response from Frontify

Thanks so much for the review! Support is also really important to us, so we're glad that you're experiencing great customer & product support on your end. Thanks again and happy branding!

Hendrik S.

Totally recommended

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

In general, I am very happy with Frontify, it is super friendly and quite intuitive for the end user, it has also provided us a tool that saves us a lot of time by simplifying the search processes for photographs as well as having all the brand manuals updated and available 24/7

Pros

The best functions that we use with this platform are the digitized brand manuals as well as the media library, both fully functional and very easy to use.

Cons

Other aspects that could be improved: include other languages or improving / updating the tutorial videos as well as the statistical reports of the platform.

Response from Frontify

Thanks for your review! We're happy to read that you're finding the platform "super friendly". That's important to us! And thanks for the feedback on languages, tutorial videos, and analytics. We're constantly working on improving the platform. Feedback like yours help us make Frontify all the more friendlier for the people who use it.

Eliane W.

Makes many things easier

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Our overall experience is very positive. It's a great solution and it makes a lot of things easier. All our guidelines and assets are in the same place and everything can be adapted in a very short time. Everything is always up to date and in one place. We can really recommend this solution.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the usability is great. The employees get on very well with Frontiy and no major instructions are needed. It simplifies many processes and is very helpful when working with partners. It saves a lot of time to maintain guidelines and assets on the plattform. The support is very fast an reliable. Frontify is very responsive to customer requests.

Cons

The integration took a little more time, but that was mainly due to our previous solution. But Frontify was able to solve it very well.

Response from Frontify

Thanks for the feedback, Eliane!

Adi S.

Frontify makes your brand styleguide looking good and saves you a lot of time maintaining it!

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Frontify really supports me as a designer and helps me and my company to preserve and improve our corporate design guidelines and brand awareness. Although the product was great from the beginning they are constantly adding cool new features and functionality to make the product even better.

Cons

Since Frontify introduced the DAM module I have no cons anymore :-), before it was quite a task to manage all the digital assets and keep them up to date

Response from Frontify

Thank you!

Fabienne G.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Useful software that facilitates our work

Reviewed on 2021/05/09

Helps us enormously, the image database saves us so much time and nerves. Before, we always had to search for a picture for a very long time, now it's super fast thanks to keywords.

Pros

The image database and the style guide help our zoo enormously to have an overview of the different designs and also to be able to check again and again in the team how everything was defined in the CICD. The image database is huge for us, but thanks to good keywording it is still easy to use.

Cons

Simple and straightforward to understand, usable without much introduction - even for users without much prior knowledge.

Response from Frontify

Hi Fabienne, thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear that you're saving both time and nerves. Keep up the great work!

Michael T.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing and very useful tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I've been working with frontify from the beginning. We started working with the swiss guys in 2012 and after several agency projects we've put LUFTHANSA on that platform. A lot of agencies are now collaborate and we were able to create and document a common UI/UI language for that client.

Pros

easy to use, very flexible, new and required features are coming up very quickly

Cons

could have more APIs for 3rd party creative tools

Response from Frontify

Thank you very much for your review.

David M.

Frontify is a great option for complex brand management systems

Reviewed on 2021/08/13

Pros

Frontify is a great brand and digital asset management software. It's very clear and easy to use for designers and non-designers.

Cons

There are no obvious cons to using Frontify.

Brandfolder and Bynder
Michael J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Change the way an organization thinks about a brand

Reviewed on 2021/08/18

Intuitive, broad functionality. But some of it seems to be coming from an evolution process rather than from a long term vision.

Pros

Involves the entire organization: In order to create an on-brand presentation, users need the template, images, icons, font etc. That's how Frontify sneaks into the daily business of all employees.

Cons

It is not fully mature. Some features are not fully integrated, functionality does not allow granular configuration. Some processes are not (yet) fully thought through.

Tina N.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Frontify Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

The Frontify team is beyond exceptional to work with. Specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful in guiding us to get the most from the platform. Easy to understand the platform and bring new users up to speed. Highly recommend for members working to find a asset management system.

Pros

Ability to access all information for all brands in one platform.

Cons

Trying to utiize for content reviews in the same manner we have today - but system enhancements are coming that may allow this functionality.

Response from Frontify

Thanks for the review!

Olivia S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Frontify is easy to learn and use. As a brand manager this is the tool you need.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Easier overview of our brand, written guidelines to share with whom you have to share them, downloads to ensure that everyone is working with the right logos etc.

Pros

It's very easy to learn and to understand. Further, you can easily share the content with others and you even find the needed topic very quickly. The software is very handy and enables the possibility to explain the brand in a good way. And I'm sure, we still do not use every option Frontify has on offer.

Cons

There is nothing to mention. I am very happy with it. What I could mention is that we do not use every feature and we should really change that.

Response from Frontify

Thank you for your review. We're proud to have Edelweiss as a customer and to help you to enhance your brand consistency.

Stefan S.

Brand Management reloaded

Reviewed on 2016/09/01

Creating and maintaining a cool brand portal including style guides and brand assets and the ability to discuss designs online has never been easier than with Frontify. That's the way to go in the digital age.

Pros

atomic design principle, version history of layouts, easy handling by drag & drop feateures, easy annotating, customization, easy style guide options.

Response from Frontify

Thank you!

Dennis M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

With frontify we have a platform on which we can provide content for employees and external service providers. The maintenance of the content is very easy and can be adjusted at any time with little effort.

Pros

I like the easy usability of this software.

Cons

The most difficult point was the preparation of a legally compliant processing contract under Article 28 of the basic data protection regulation

Response from Frontify

Thanks for the review!

Monika J.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Frontify - Fast, smooth and customer oriented

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

We launched our new Brand Manual nine months ago. From the very first contact, it has been a pleasure to work with Frontify. They have a way of making complex matters easy to understand and to always be there to assist whenever we need. They truly listen to us and are open and grateful for new suggestions. Customer service is fast, friendly and competent. As their customer, we are very satisfied.

Pros

This software is very fast and easy to use.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. Whatever I have suggested, Frontify has been eager to dig into and solve most of it.

Response from Frontify

Thanks for your kind words! We're super happy to hear that your Brand Manual is going so well. Cheers!