CharityWeb

Online donation management & fundraising for nonprofits

Maya B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Affordable Price with Exceptional Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

First and foremost, CharityWeb has one of the best customer service support you can buy. The welcome demo with technical support set me up for success; I was able to quickly learn how to navigate the system. I used CharityWeb for my organization's, Jewish Family Services, first peer to peer fundraising campaign - in this case for Giving Tuesday. I had originally set up a team (also known as event) peer-to-peer platform but as it came closer to Giving Tuesday, my organization decided to set up individual accounts. CharityWeb was able to make adjustments and saved me a lot of extra work. This is one example of how amazing their customer service was during my GT campaign. There are plenty of crowdfunding sites, but I doubt any of them has the customer support of Charity Web. I would use again and again.

Pros

1. It is affordable
2. I was able to effortlessly link the software to my existing Stripe account. It is so easy that I originally thought it did it incorrectly because nothing is meant to be that easy.
3. The customer service and support is the best money can buy. I always received a response within 1 hour. They were courteous and supportive as I learned the software.

Cons

1. I would have liked if I was able to personally customize my webpages a bit more. Specifically the background color and my main goal. I could email them and ask for something to be done and it would be done within one hour, but it would have been nice to do it myself.
2. I experienced a couple of technically glitches with the software itself, but I was able to email customer support and it would be resolved within a matter of minutes.

Stan G.

"Athon" Platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Excellent. VERY good, responsive customer service that promptly solved every issue.

Pros

Very easy to set up
End-user friendly
Good Reporting
Excellent Customer Service
Inexpensive

Cons

Not a very sophisticated visual display
Hard to customize homepage visuals

Aaron P.

Low cost, high service solution for MentorKids!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

MentorKids USA has been a customer of CharityWeb since 2010. The service provided by CharityWeb has always been prompt and easy to manage for recurring donations and for special events like our annual Golf Marathon. As a small nonprofit, the cost of receiving these services is always a concern. CharityWeb has been a low cost, high service option for MentorKids USA over the years.

Recently, we started using SalesForce NonProfit as our Donor and volunteer management software. The customer service agent was able to work with the SalesForce team to export the online donations directly to SalesForce, reducing the data entry needed – especially when donation volume increased dramatically for our fundraising events and end of year giving. This included automatic setup of new accounts when the donor was not already in the SalesForce database.

This summer, CharityWeb again saved us money by switching their online donation gateway to Stripe. From the accounting perspective, Stripe is much more user-friendly than the old system (Moneris/Vantiv/WorldPay). We can log into the Stripe website and see exactly which donations belong to which deposit batch, a very useful tool when donations spill past the cutoff time for the Stripe batch. Switching to Stripe also made it possible for us to accept ACH transactions – after several years of trying to set this up with Moneris/Vantiv/WorldPay.

Pros

High value for cost. Meets our needs without breaking the bank.

Cons

Customizing a fundraising event page (event-a-thon) can be cumbersome. We always get it done but it seems to take more time than it should.

Dan M.

Great Solution

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Just a great addition to our existing fundraising efforts!

Pros

CharityWeb was a great tool to help us increase our on-line donations. It opened up a whole new source of donations for us.

Cons

Just started using the software and we are very please so far. Have not come across anything we would like added yet.

Christine V.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

5 stars for CharityWeb

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

We came to CharityWeb in a panic and in a time crunch as the prior company we worked with in previous years could no longer help us. CharityWeb was awesome from the get go, helping me set up our fundraising web page. They were so helpful and the finished site was beautiful and easy to use. We ended up raising quite a bit of money from our event and I think a lot of that had to do with the ease of CharityWeb’s platform. I highly recommend using CharityWeb! We certainly will be for our annual fundraising event.

Pros

It was extremely easy for me as the admin to set up the system and very user-friendly for everyone using it too. The support I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was excellent and any questions I had were answered right away

Cons

I can’t think of anything!

Lynnee B.

The only affordable product we could find to accept online donations for multiple funds.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Ability to direct online donations to different funds.

Pros

This software allows us to accept online donations for multiple funds in our small Community Foundation. So odd that this basic feature was so hard to find supported!

Cons

This software is not intuitive to develop pages in nor is it robust in design features. It "gets the job done" but without HTML or CSS knowledge it is hard to use.

Mike D.

Moving to an online payment/donation system has changed the way we do business. Best decision...

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Having this automation has provided us with a gift of time - priceless!!

Pros

We love the fact that we can personalize and customize registration pages and thank you letters for each individual campaign and event. This feature enables us to maintain the "personal touch" without putting in the hours required to produce receipts and acknowledgement notes. Our growth in online donations and registrations has been spectacular!!

Cons

It would be great if the software could be more "hands on" with option choices for gathering information.

Sue B.

Great Software/website

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

We have been using Charity Web for years and it works out great for our Walks which attract about 3,000 walkers every year. They are very receptive to our ideas to enhance the program, and are so easy to work with on fixing any issues that may arise. Plus, the price is more than competitive.

Pros

It can be tailored in many ways to our specific needs.

Michele C.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Elementary school Walkathon

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Charity Web offered phenomenal customer support - any time I had a question they were able to answer it right away. Charity Web also increased our revenue by $10,000 over previous years!

Pros

Very easy to set up, easy for customers to use, easy for me to look at data

Cons

I didn't like hand entering in all 470 students information, but the file download is coming soon and I can't wait to see how much easier it will be.

Benjamin S.

Makes my life easier

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Charityweb has made my life easier by handling our donor transactions. Their customer service is fantastic and have always quickly helped me solve problems.

Pros

The customer service and website integration have been great.

Cons

I could learn more about some of the features.

Angela W.

Very responsive, creative employees

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

My experience has been great. Our outcomes have improved, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have provided so many creative solutions to various problems.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have provided excellent support—brainstorming new ways to fundraise and how to improve existing fundraisers.

Cons

I don’t have any specific complaints about the software.

Sara M.

CharityWeb is an excellent fundraising software program!

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

It's a great program and easy to set up. Donations are quick and the process for any donor is super easy. The donation pages have an easy setup too! I was able to navigate quickly through and set up the page fast!

Pros

Easy fundraising software for non-profits and small sized events. CharityWeb is affordable with the price at 20 dollars a month or free for quick smaller events. This online program is a great way to raise money online!

Nick S.

easy to use and intuitive, came across a minor bug that was acknowledged & resolved...

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

UI would benefit from cosmetic updates in the title as well as some of the drop down selections including the log on

Pros

Simple function, easy use, items listed were intuitive and easy to use. Help Line Developer was able to provide custom solution for additional requirement