Ninox

Create custom business apps for your team!

Ernie F.

Great Product, Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

I have completed many different database solutions at present, my latest one is a quote engine, previously it would take about 3.5 minutes to produce one quote if I was lucky, I can now deliver quotes in about 20 seconds, start to finish. Someone asked for 6 quotes the other day, he asked how long it would take the get the quotes, I said they will be with you within 15 minutes, he was well impressed, exceeded my own target and his expectations.

Pros

The ease of use, you can start building a database from scratch with very little experience. There are many templates to choose from and the support you get from the Ninox team is beyond 1st class.

Ninox has saved me so much time and provided me with opportunities to develop more sales by using it.

Cons

The English manual needs development, (I believe this is in hand) there is so much information in the head of the support team that needs to get into the manual. Layout needs improving, I don't like having to messing about with 'spaces' and line breaks, I would prefer that we can place an object in position and it sticks in place.

Daniel F.

Amazingly easy to get into but hasn't evolved much

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

So easy to pickup and use. Really quick to develop a business app which feels very empowering.

However that's pretty much where it ends

Cons

Too Mac centric, icloud as the sync option is ridiculous.

Struggles on server edition with medium sized data sets, filtering becomes very slow.

You cannot actually do much with your data, no real integration outside of Ninox.

Poor implementation of report design and printing which exposes too much to the end user.

Not enough separation between design and client use

Hans L.
  • Industry: Information Services

High Flexibility

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

We develop ERPs, CRMs and applications as required.

Pros

I appreciate the high flexibility, the good support and the possibilities to implement requirements quickly. Great connectivity to other systems.

Cons

There is nothing to complain about. If you want to be impatient: The development is never fast enough!

Mike N.
  • Industry: Music

Best money I ever spent

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Overall i am so glad i spent the (small amount of) money to purchase this database when i did; it has paid off far more than it cost.

Pros

If this product went away, my business would suffer greatly. It is so flexible, and i can set it up to do exactly what i need it to do. I rely on the data in Ninox for most of my basic business functions, and it performs with speed and accuracy. I like that the software is resident and not fully cloud-based. I use it without a subscription since i am the only user, so it only costs me the time to set up or adjust a table.

Cons

Having customer support in Germany is a bit of a pain and can make for long turnaround times and translation issues for problem resolution. But fortunately the manual is fairly well laid out & explains most things in enough detail where some trial and error can get me to a workable solution.

Bastian L.

Ninox is an absolute boost for everyone with a small business and even more than a simple...

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

It is an absolutely easy to use software for every kind of business, company, club or private use. With the powerful possibility given by the easy formula building blocks you can do almost everything with ninox. It rightly has customers like medical companies, industrial facilities, football clubs, photographers and a lot more. For my own business (wedding photographer) ninox do everything what I need. It saves all my customers, reminds me of important appointments, creates forms for all my correspondence, for my contracts, for the return of tax for the finance office, let me do my financial statement, gives me information about my year-end closing, scan barcodes, print labels, calculate the amount of customer orders, saves scans like model releases and bills and much more. Almost everything beneath the photography and image processing work is done with ninox.

With a really small amount of knowledge of "if then else" and general formula functionality you can find your own way to do whatever you like to. And if you get stuck, the ninox support is really fast, friendly and helpful. That makes ninox the perfect software for my whole small business.

Cons

I really needed a long time to find something about ninox that is worth to criticize. The start screen is not a beauty at all, but that's the smallest amount you work with. The most work to do is done in the single charts. So, what can I say what do I not like...phew...the printing layout is a little bit elaborately to copy to other printing forms. But ninox works already on this case.

John H.

Life changing :-)

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

We are not techies. The platform has been customised for us by a Ninox partner. He has done a fantastic job creating something that tracks multiple factors and is usable by staff with minimal training and IT skills. For instance the system will ring alarm bells if a child is not meeting basic world health organisation minimums across a whole range of factors. Working with Ninox we have moved from using Dickensian ledgers to a state-of-the-art system with almost no pain. This is remarkable, we still can't believe it.

Pros

The functionality. Using the Ninox platform we have developed a database as part of our orphan care programme in Malawi. One of the key challenges in Malawi is flaky, often non-existent internet access. The Ninox software stands alone on multiple iPads so our nurses, with minimal training, can input data in rural villages. Back at the hospital when we get a good Wi-Fi signal the database synchronises automatically. This is pretty neat, we don't get data corruption or issues common with other products when duplicate data is input from different sources.

Cons

Just sorry we didn't find it years ago. Also sorry we wasted time looking at alternatives.

Dave A.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

I use Ninox to manage a house concert series that we host.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Time and peace of mind. By using Ninox to manage my house concert series, I eliminate two spreadsheets and the worries about messing up the format in either of them. I spend less time doing more -- great value for a small spend.

Pros

It's a quick and simple tool to learn. It synchs (almost) seamlessly across two Mac computers, my iphone and my ipad. And when I get stuck on how to do something, Ninox' customer support team (though 7 time zones away) are really responsive and helpful.

Cons

The documentation leaves alot to be desired, particularly their scripting language. The tool is very simple to use and intuitive, but when you get to a point where you're creating custom fields, filters and rules, you have to know the Ninox scripting language, and that's where the documentation could use a little improvement. I'm not a programmer by trade, and the documentation seems to assume that users are.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Once you understand the design concept behind Ninox, you will be amazed at what you can do.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

(1) Able to quickly prototype enterprise-wide solutions. (2) Able to build production-quality data management and executive information systems quickly. (3) Able to manage enormous amounts of data with very quick processing and query turn-around.

Pros

Incredibly powerful. Amazing tech support. The feature set and functional capabilities of Ninox are the industry standard. Have used this platform to build entire ERP, CRM and HR Management systems for multi-billion dollar companies at a fraction of cost and time required by other solutions.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. Ninox is not a "traditional" relational database management system... It is, in fact, much more. Was the best when I started using it two years ago and nothing even comes close today.

Gabi A.
  • Industry: Sports

Dynamism is a must in the bussiness world today, Ninox makes you grow !

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Is making grow our Bussines and work with Teams on-line

Pros

Easy of use and programming, best support ever ! Rough and strong database, sync and cloud work for Teams. Really good iPad app.

Cons

User interface in the forms could be more attractive and functional, CRM integration under development. Tables relationships are not bi-directional.

Thomas B.

Excellent SME Database Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

I chose Ninox in order to allow both Windows and Mac users to work from the same system with ease, and have not looked back.

Pros

Ninox is cross platform by nature, so Mac and Windows users can easily collaborate on the same database.
It is entirely mobile with pre-built Apps for iOS and so you can use the full database wherever you are.
It is intuitive to build in and if you have any challenges, the support team is excellent.

Cons

Ideally, it would be good to be able to add Forms in order to create a landing page, but I know this is in development.
Beyond that, the ability to customise fonts/colours etc is probably the next stage.

Falk S.

Ninox is one of the easiest ways to create business applications, esp. for SMEs.

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

This product gives me the opportunity to create software products (i.e. a CRM system) that fit our need to 100% without being forced to buy an expensive license for a product that I must fit my processes to.

Pros

Ninox provides lots of possibilities for quickly and easily modeling of business processes. User interface and administration functions are absolutely intuitive and easy to use. This product combined with an incredible responsive support team offers a great value for every SME. A big plus is that not only Mac users can benefit from this product. With Ninox's SAAS Service which comes at a very reasonable price all you need is a browser.

Cons

It would be great to have some sort of release strategy for your own Ninox-based database products. So you ship a release to your colleagues/clients and develop a new release without messing around with the live databases.

Robert T.

Ninox nice

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

Easy to use for beginner and very quickly be productive

Cons

UI is simple but the minimaliste is a good way for beginner and pro.

Agustin F.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Ninox 10/10 Best Application

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

I love how comfortable and reliable the software is. It has many uses for a company that needs to have a good database.

Cons

The Limited UI support, as in how the UI looks and works when editing.
Code won't work in real time, as in wait loops and such.

David R.

Top Notch Business Solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Awesome. One of my favorite applications.

Pros

Ninox makes it easy to build a ​business database system for your organization.

Cons

That the world isn't flat and they are across the world. But hey they do pretty darn well considering.

John B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent product at a great price.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

No programing knowledge needed. Our database was setup in a day and we were up and running within a week.

Cons

A few functions did require a little programing, but customer support helped me through it. Ninox Customer Support was there whenever we needed assistance, and was able to quickly resolve our requests.

John J.

I¨ve used Paradox, Access, FileMaker and other (minor) apps - but this one is the one for me

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

Easy to work with and excellent support. The price of course is fantastic for such a feature filled app. And it syncs across platforms PERFECT.

Cons

Nothing really - of course I have wishes - but things are being developed all the time. I would like the user interface to be more customizable if anything.

Great product that I love to use.

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

House several different databases in the software.

Pros

No loss of data. Data entry screens are easy to use and design. Calendar feature is a nice touch. I have the utmost confidence in this prodcut.

Cons

Exporting comes across with spaces and other charachter having multiple characters. I have to massage and clean up export data before being usable. I would like a form field view where I could make different types of forms in the platform itself. Do not take away the simplicity of the existing for fields but if I wanted to design a letter per say in another area, that would be awesome.

Christophe D.

Ninox Review

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

fast and simple, but complete. Management of on-site interventions and phone calls received from our customers.

Cons

We would like to have more features, more choice of fields, adding graphics, etc,

Kornél S.

I've found the database what I needed

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Less administrative work time but more accuracy. I can easily see analyses which are important for business plans.

Pros

Easy to learn and to configure the software. It is very flexible and highly customizable with lot of function. The support team is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the program is a bit slow when opening it in a browser, otherwise the applications work well. In some complicated cases it takes time to understand the logic behind the formulas, but it is more personal problem, not software related.

Great application!

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Ninox is very easy to use, anyone can create a very functional database in minutes! Access through the iphone app is free.

Cons

If you need to do something a little more complex you will need to code a little, but this does not detract from the overall product at all, support is very responsive and they even write the code for you if you need it.

Richard D.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent Support, easy and quick to learn. Great way to get your data from Excel to the next...

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Complete reorganisation of our Small Family Business

Pros

Quick and easy way to develop your User Interface directly without the need of some "Backend", Online-Hosted for easy access from everywhere.

Cons

A little weak on mobile-phones, sometimes hard to find the documentation for the programming language.

Peter S.
  • Industry: Events Services

The support from Ninox has been the best I've ever experienced in over 40 years in the Tech...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Simplifed a previously paper record system

Pros

Very comprehensive. I liked the ability to add fields and re-arrange the layout at any time. Good relational capabilities.

Cons

A little difficult to learn from scratch - particularly how to link tables together. Hence my need to contact Ninox support

Martin I.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

not only very good software, but more importantly an excellent support

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

a team solved a particular problem with great endurance, and in the end, everything worked. Ninox not only talks about support, but practices it

Cons

Nothing,
there is nothing negative if i would write something i would be lying

Alan F.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I am looking at account system for my Scout section.

Pros

There are plenty of helpful people on the forum and videos etc to keep you right also support is second to none.

Cons

I honestly couldn't fault anything at all.

Massimiliano V.

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

I'm not a professional database developer but this platform is really easy to use, customizable and quick to learn

Cons

Probably a higher number of tutorials will help the newbies like me faster, especially about the formula's language