Personio

Veit
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Personio

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

I believe that Personio really helps us to become a better company on the operational side of things. Also, they really listen to what you have to say. Personio is under constant development and since it is a SaaS product, new and useful features will pop up all the time as part of your SaaS plan.

Pros

I like the UI. Most of it is self-explanatory and specific topics can also be found by entering a search term, for instance "notification", into a Google type search window. Personio's implementation team has some really bright people who understand what your needs are. I think we had 6 video calls over a period of six weeks. They help companies with the implementation because a lot can go wrong: users getting to little or too many access rights, workflows not defined properly, data not imported correctly etc.

Cons

Sometimes there are global system outages. Also, synchronisation with the Outlook calendar is a bit bumpy.

Lucy
  • Industry: Furniture

The only HR tool you need for small-mid market operations

Reviewed on 2023/09/17

We couldn't be happier with the service that Personio provides. With it, we've been able to have a smooth functioning HR system from day one. You can use it to manage everyhing from attendance to payroll and ATS. It's the only tool you need for up to a couple hundred employees

Pros

I love how simple the interface is for all the different modules. We started using it when we were much smaller, and it was a relief to be able to start using it confidently without having to spend hours upon hours trying to learn it.

Cons

I think one of the biggest things it's missing is more comprehensive documentation like best practices or ideas for how you can use it better. Without it, in the beinning, we kinda had to figure everyhting out on our own

BambooHR
Philip

Software with a good potential but a lot of issues

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

After struggling with problems for a long time, we approached them with a request to fix things again. And the reply was a mail with an announced price increase.

Pros

It's easy to understand and adapt and newer features often work quite well

Cons

The development process is very slow. Even critical bugs that make a feature impossible to use were not fixed for months and the fix still had problems which were either not fully thought through or still buggy. It's not possible to get an estimate from the devs when things will be fixed or even addressed.

Ariane

Not perfect but for me the best HR and Recruiting Tool I've seen so far

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

The employee profiles are clearly structured, vacation/leaves are easy manageable, orgcharts, admin, accesses are easy manageable, the recruiting feature is great, you can save all employee documents according to categories. If I need help, the Support team is usually quite fast and very friendly and helpful.

Pros

Most features are very intuitive, the user interface is simple and clear, really helpful support team, really good functions. Not perfect but for me the best HR and Recruiting Tool I've seen so far for everything except payroll!

Cons

The new payroll feature is not really good (yet). E.g - no way to transfer bonus payments, hourly wages that differ from month to month. We did not expect this to be a payroll tool for only fix salaries that don't change, this is simply only half useful. We still have to do so much manual work every month.

Marta

Easiest HRIS to set up and maintain

Reviewed on 2023/07/31

Pros

Flexibility, Slack integration, Zapier / Make integration

Cons

Sometimes a bit slow, better UX needed for custom report creation

Humaans
Rukmini

An effective HR solution

Reviewed on 2023/10/15

Personio's customer support team is responsive and helpful. They are always willing to answer our questions and help us to resolve any issues.I highly recommend Personio to any business looking for an effective HR software solution.

Pros

Personio is an all-in-one HR and applicant management software that has helped my business to streamline our HR processes and improve our employee experience. I do like Personio being a cloud-based solution, so it is accessible from anywhere.

Cons

The arrangement of certain elements in the interface can make it challenging for new employees to navigate.It also offers limited flexibility for making changes, which can disrupt the way things operate, especially if you require specific configurations.

Kieran
  • Industry: Automotive

Simplify your HR processes

Reviewed on 2023/08/25

I've been using Personio for about six months now, and I'm so glad with it. It's helped me to automate and simplify my HR processes, saving me tons of time. I would recommend it to any SMBs.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Personio is the employee self-service portal. This allows my employees to access their own information, such as their timesheets, vacation requests, and benefits. It's a great way to give my employees more control over their own data.I also love the reporting features in Personio. These reports give me insights into my workforce, such as employee turnover rates, time off trends, and salary ranges. This information helps me to make better decisions about my HR policies and procedures.

Cons

The customization options could be re-engineered. I would like to be able to tailor Personio to my specific needs more than I can currently.

• Industry: Media Production

Good software to keep track of your working hours

Reviewed on 2021/12/14

Pros

I like that you feel like you have everything in one platform. From time tracking to your documents like your monthly payroll. What I really like is that you can easily enter your working hours in a field and then edit the next day directly after saving the last one.

Cons

I don't like the Vacation day system. Sometimes the system doesn't recognize that I have more vacation days because I have worked more days last month (therefore entered more working hours)

Dr. Martin
Dr. Martin

Excellent value for money and world-class CSM team!

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

We really managed to establish the foundation of HR compliance thanks to Personio. A huge step forward in terms of organizational growth.

Pros

It is super fast to implement, has no slow back-end and allows you to work with all the stuff you need to scale your organization. It allows a lot of good self-service workflow steps to make life in HR much easier.

Cons

A bit weak on the reporting side, especially when it comes to the recruiting function.

Christian
Christian

Price increase of more than 30%!

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

Pros

It is really a great software with many very good features and finally a good interface design.

Cons

The software is constantly being further developed and regularly has new functionalities. A price increase is justified. But a price increase of more than 30% from one day to the next is very unusual and annoying. Especially, because the software was not one of the cheapest tools even before the price increase.

Anne

no more excel files, all informationen together when we need it. webbased!

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

We have more time to spent in other subjects, no more excel lists and very important. All the informationen are current all the time and available to everyone from anywhere at any time.

Pros

It is very easy to use, even if you are not that talented in software/IT, it is very very dynamic and adaptable and the combination in Admininstration and recruiting is perfekt.
Personio saves almost half of all work steps and you can include the employee excellent in many of the processes. The allocation of roles works very well and is very thoughtful. And what we really have to highlight. The Customer Support!! Very helpful, professionell and friendly!!! And a very good thing. The Webinare!! this is a perfekt way to get to know everything even better.

Cons

There is actually nothing i do not like about the software. It ist very very complex and I still have the feeling that I only know and use 50% of it. But that is a problem I have!! It is not about the software. I have to spent more time on it! Maybe one thing: holiday: if there is a termination and I I finish the employment relationship in Personio the paid vacation days are still the same and do not automaticaly reduce.

Florian

Game Changer in our HR Efficiency

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Actually, as a fast-growing company 2 years ago, we were just looking for a recruiting solution and found Personio. Already during the two-week test phase we had all our employees with many individual attributes live on their own and only on the basis of the educational Videos.

We now have a vast variety of templates so we can do a lot of manual work more efficiently through Personio and focus on strategic HR topics.

And this, although we do not use some features because they do not fit our processes, such as Performance or payroll.

Excellent UI
Great flexibility with templating, Attributes etc.
Automatisation of the Recruiting Process
Highly efficient

Cons

No Datev interface
Many of our suggestions were received as feature requests, without feedback and without implementation
Many new developments, especially in recruiting, have not led to an improvement, but have taken the clarity

Max

Great one-stop HR solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It is a great tool if you are looking for a one-stop solution to deal with your HR IT needs. Helps you a lot to stay in compliance with process frameworks and legal restrictions. Great support.

Pros

Holistic HR solution (no need to transfer data from one system to another)
Very good customer support
Can be set up as easy-to-use self-service platform for employees
Ensures process (e.g. ISO 9001) and legal (e.g. employment law) compliance in HR
GDPR compliant platform
Price/value is great

Cons

Report section can be improved on the recruiting side
Edge-cases in user rights management need to be improved
UI/UX is better than traditional software but can still be refined

Jon
  • Industry: Information Services

I could not give a clear recommendation, too buggy and weird to use

Reviewed on 2022/06/07

Negative, I wouldn't use this again if I was to choose.

Negative, I wouldn't use this again if I was to choose.

Pros

Friendly customer support, but this doesn't apply to the actual software at all. I wouldn't expect to need to ask support for help with the things I need an HR system for :D

Cons

Seems to be full of bugs with bumpy workflows. I would expect this to be simple to use with very streamlined workflows - this is not the case.

Florian

Best overall HR solution for growing and established companies

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

Personio covers all key HR processes. No matter if it is recruiting, time tracking, vacations or payroll. We really like that everything is at one place and in order.

As a growing company we need a coherent HR and recruiting process to reach our growth goal. Personio really helped us to set up and implement a processes based on their best practices.

Great customer support. At the beginning we had some struggles setting up Personio. Their support and implementation team always were available and reached out proactively. I feel that they really care for their customers and want to help us improve our HR processes.

Easy to use and well accepted by everyone in the company. The SSO was really helpful for that

Cons

At the beginning we were sceptical about the time it needs to implement the software. However, the few phone calls/video conferences in which we set up Personio with their help proved to be key for us to adapt the software to our processes.

A mobile app does not exist yet. Particularly for incoming applications, it would be great to access them mobile through an app

Max
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy to implement and fantastic support

Reviewed on 2017/06/19

Pros

Secure data as servers are in Germany, friendly and quick response from the CSA's. All 'key functionalities', such as for example holiday and sickness capturing, are covered. Reports are very useful when having to report KPI's. The system is easily customizable, fields can be generated quickly, workflows edited, and permissions & rules created within minutes.

Cons

Few minor bugs from timt to time, though these are fixed quickly. Recruiting solution only lets you post on german jobsites. No surveying option (ie. eNPS would be good) and Performance Management section is very rudimentary.

Michael

Easy to use all in one solution for everything HR related

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

It gave me as an employee so much transparency and control back as I did not have to have everything done by our HR team. It was very easy to use, understand and integrate into my day2day work.
Additionally I think it also took a lot of extra work from my HR colleagues - at least that loved working with Personio! :)

Cons

Some features are not yet comparable to standalone solution (e.g. the recruiting module) but Personio is shipping improvements and features regularly so that bugs and feature requests are taken into account!

Andrea

All-in-one HR software

Reviewed on 2023/01/04

Simple implementation procedures; you don't need to be a technical expert to complete them because they include in-depth articles to guide you through the full procedure. There are numerous ways for you to get support, including The Community and direct support by phone, email, or screensharing. Additionally, it is incredibly adaptable, and you may customize the system to meet your demands.

Pros

Personio is simple to use and has a pleasant user experience.

Cons

It can be a little slow at times, and searches could be made better.

Natalie

Flexibel Tool with great functions

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

Pros

- its very flexibel and you can add various fields e.g. training data
- you can send out reminders to the departments and supervisors
- we included our on- and offboarding process also in the tool
- very friedly and helpful team

Cons

- some little bugs but nothing serious.. :)

Annemarie

Great usability that covers our company's needs

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Great customer service, always helpful, friendly and professional. They go above and beyond.

Pros

Usability
Customer service
Logical Interface

Cons

sometimes you have to build a feature/rule/ process (onboarding/offboarding) from scratch yourself with different bricks, takes some time.

Moritz

Personio was the basement for change.

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

For us it was the best basement to start with home office, flex times and regulations for over hours. Without Personio this would have end up in paperwork mess. Next step is to do our monthly payment automated over Personio.

Pros

How easy the implementation was and how fast all colleagues started using and loving it.

Cons

Here and there it needs improvement but hey... its a start up and they are on the best way possible.

Softgarden

Reasons for Switching to Personio

Best over all performance and support.
Fanny

I've been using personio since over a year, I even implemented it in my new company. Great...

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

the complete solution supports my daily work in HR

the complete solution supports my daily work in HR

Pros

The customer support is fast and amazingly friendly:) Other than that, I really like that personio offers a complete solution (ATS & HR) with a very good usability for everyone in the company.

Cons

I would like to have more templates in order to set up personio quicker.
Exp.
Mail-templates
Feedback-templates
Ref. Letter templates etc

Selina

Great and easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I liked that it did not take me long to understand the software and that i was able to just start working with it. The support of Personio is really great, if i need anything i can just call them and they always have a solution for my problem. There are some features that are still missing in the software, but they always take my advice in consideration and sometimes they are already working on a new feature regarding my problem.

Pros

The software is easy to use and self-explanatory. It makes my daily work as a HR Manager easier

Cons

Some features, like talent pool are not available yet

Grazia

Just 1 word to say hopeless software

Reviewed on 2023/10/22

very bad in fact we are switching to another software

very bad in fact we are switching to another software

Pros

Honestly it's the worst HR service I ever used in 5+ years of experience

Cons

A lot of bugs - constantly, the CS never replies and cannot help, a lot of features are extra = you need to pay

Bozana

all in all a good general software solution for small and mid size companies

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

easy to use, good for small and mid size companies because it offers a lot of functions and it is easy to handle and organize the employee data etc .
For us data security is an important point, that was one of the reasons for choosing personio
user friendly
very good value for the money
nice features
very friendly and fast customer support

Cons

it is a general solutions, so some features part could be still improved e.g be more detailed