Showing 52 reviews of 48

Glew

eCommerce analytics tool for online sellers

Showing 52 reviews of 48
Stuart W.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Data made simple. Easy to use and always improving.

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Responsive support, always improving the software, informative and hosting webinars that educate its users - there's a lot that I like about Glew.

Their communication by email is always on point (precise and to the point) keeping you in the loop with improvements, new features, software/data changes, and upcoming features. You always are left feeling that your money is well spent with Glew improving the software and bringing out new integrations. So many more e-commerce app and software providers could learn a thing or two here about not resting on their laurels and not updating their software to keep ahead of the curve.

Pros

Due to the data and reports that Glew provides and brings to the surface I have quicker access to reviewing our e-commerce practices.

Insights to LTV and campaigns now mean I can see what is making money long-term a hell of a lot easier and adjust our focus to those channels that are providing greater LTV per customer or better net profit margins - this also extends into brands and categories on the website.

Such a report previously as a small company was time consuming and meant a job list being negatively impacted. Glew cuts that time down to just mere minutes.

Cons

Not that it's Glew's fault, but the fact that I'm having to pay for this software in the first place when Bigcommerce shopping cart has the data, offers 'analytics' but is not focused on the stats we need unlike Glew.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best tool for small to medium ecommerce businesses.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

After using Glew for over a year now my experience has been really positive. The account management with support team is always excellent.

Pros

What I like most about Glew is their preloaded customer segmentation and LTV for each audience. We're able to rapidly pull segments of our audiences and load them into FB ad manager with ease. This gives us greater flexibility in creating look alike audiences while scaling paid FB spend.

Cons

I wish we had more direct access to cohorts on a running 12 month basis. It would really help small brands better understand the quality of the customers they're acquiring and if their retention efforts are working properly.

Rich P.

I use Glew all day and it is awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Glew became our reporting and analytics engine and we use it constantly to run our business.

Pros

It is so fast and the information is quick and easy to use. Integration was smooth and fast. The support has been excellent.

Cons

I do not have any cons and any small tweeks I have requested have been put in a later update.

Taylor L.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Super easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Great customer support experience and the support staff has been super helpful with the 3 brands I have launched on the platform.

Pros

Makes data easy to access, analyze, and share across departments.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize reports a bit more.

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Design

Glew gives amazing insights

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

As an agency with this gives amazing insight and actionable information across a wide range of channels and clients. The native integration Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Big Commerce, Dot Mailer are a great feature.

The support team over at Glew are alway happy to help and give great trainig.

Cons

Only a small con but there's isn't a link to Google Webmasters' Data

Priya R.

A Business Tool That I Would Recommend

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

It's a useful product, gives me an hourly breakdown of revenue generated that I monitor daily. Would have loved to have made more use out of its functions at the company.

Pros

The daily email snapshot of Revenue, AOV, Refunds and other key metrics. The customer segmentation functions and cost manager section.

Cons

I don't feel like it pulls Ad Spend or email marketing data correctly. Customer service has had a hard time figuring out why Glew can't pull revenue data for Mailchimp campaigns that include A/B tests.

Aneisha S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Scam

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Terrible

Pros

There wasn’t anything to lie. It doesn’t deliver what it says it does

Cons

I signed up for the trial to understand our subscription metrics and I was told they weren’t able to share that information on the trial and it would only be unlocked once I paid for the service. I shared examples of what I was looking for and asked for confirmation that’s what they would give me and they confirmed this. Two months on they had lost the information I have previously supplied had been lost and I had to rearrange a call to say it had been two months and nothing had happened. After further chasing they shared the report which wasn’t correct. I fed back and they delayed responding and then requested screenshots for me to prove the information was incorrect. They then requested a download of information which didn’t exist and then went silent. After informing them I would like no further payments to be taken, a new contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] got in contact and continued to feed the same line and say they wouldn’t stop payments. I have chased up with my credit card company to resolve. DO NOT WORK WITH THESE GUYS - the data is not to be trusted

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Beware - they'll keep charging you and make it impossible to cancel

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Nothing

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Terrible customer service. Would never use again. Keep billing and make it impossible to cancel .

Cons

Cancelled the service, had an acknowledgement from them that it was cancelled and they then kept charing out credit card and didn't respond to any emails when we contacted them. AVOID.

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We offer a standard cancellation policy for annual contracts, and we apologize if there was an error in stopping your payments - however, I can¿t look into your specific case since you chose to remain anonymous for this review. If there¿s anything further we can do for you, please reach out at [email protected]

Tom M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

11 days no response / over $4k spent with them

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Poor.
Feel cheated.
Not valued, not looked after and most of all conned.
Do not go near them, it's just a waste.

Pros

Glew delivers some key stats which is great.
Nowhere near the value they purport.

Cons

The 12 month lock in is a con.
No interest in answering questions about my needs, which really is just the stats that I get being correct.

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We work with our clients and our tech partners to ensure that the data presented in Glew is accurate, and we believe our annual contracts provide added value and convenience for our users. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.

Collin J.

Great for what I need

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Overall it's a great program. I really enjoy being able to learn more and more about my target market.

Pros

The amount of information that is available. I am able to segment exactly who I want and deliver the correct message to the correct audience.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little confusing to find specific information, but a quick call/email to our rep solves all those problems.

Gary M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Scam Company With Bait & Switch Approach

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company. Buyer beware of bait and switch sales tactics with slimy contracts.

Initially when looking at this software we were looking for deep analytics for our new subscription service hosted on Paywhirl. We also have a Shopify store for sales. In the sales calls I was very specific and showed all of the software we used. The sales person said our account manager would be able to set everything up because he couldn't show us what we were asking for. He just cared about getting a sale and passing us off to the account manager. After several months of trying to make the software work, they basically said that it doesn't but they "could make it work with another $4,000-$5,000 in custom development. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically from Glew was one of the worst people I've ever dealt with. Promised to solve the solution, develop a solution for the issue, and would simply forget to call us back or follow up. So we were left with a piece of expensive software that did NOTHING for what was promised. And they insisted that we would have to continue to pay for the entire year despite the software not serving any function. Why would they want a company who's super unhappy with the products or services and find 0 value in this to continue to be forced to pay for a product or service that provides no value? Another company that over promises and under delivers. I wasn't going to write any review but since I called Amex and stopped all payments .

Pros

Didn't do anything we needed it for and what it was promised to do.

Cons

They wanted an additional $4,000-5,0000 to customize our app after setup because it didn't work with the SOFTWARE THAT THEY SAID IT WOULD WORK WITH.

Response from Glew

Hi there - this is Abby from Glew. I'm so sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience with our product. It's our primary goal to make sure all of our clients see value in Glew, and it sounds like there was some miscommunication from the start with your subscription. We'd love to get on a call to figure out a solution. You can email me directly at abby.healy[at]glew.io and I'll make sure you're connected with the right person. - Abby

Chase M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Glew Brings It All Together

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

Glew is an easy to implement data analytics tool for marketing teams that would like to begin utilizing their data in a meaningful way.

Cons

The report builder in the software could be a little better, but over all no real cons.

Erinn H.

Great insights with great support!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

The entire experience was great! The tool and team are very helpful!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate with little to know training.

Cons

Sometimes manipulating the data for custom problems became troublesome.

Top Notch Customer Service and Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

We have some very specific needs on the enterprise side. The team at Glew is always there for us no matter how big or how small the request. Our needs are unique as we use Glew's analytics for all our clients and the Glew team has become an extension of our company. There have been several calls where their team has provided invaluable insights and expertise that has lead to numerous clients of ours being very satisfied. Working with their team has been a pleasure as they always come prepared and with solutions to our challenges.
Highly recommend their service and their team. What ever you need done they find a way to do it.

Pros

I come from companies who use very sophisticated systems to gather and analyze data and Glew's prebuilt data sets are very useful because they help you to think of ways to analyze you data in areas you may have not thought about before. I love the way it looks and how I am able to with their team customize it based on what our clients needs are.

Cons

We have a unique design that we have worked with the Glew team to put together. They have done everything we have asked of them.

Matt T.

Excellent analytics service

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

The Glew views allow us to view everything that is going on with our business from traffic to sales, users to products. We take advantage of the Amazon and Mailchimp integrations as well. The customer service is excellent and the platform is easy to use. An essential and well like part of the management of our business.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get at my key data, and that I can pull in data from other sources and still see everything in one view.

Cons

I didn't really find anything to be a drawback.

Ashley L.

5 Star Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Great reporting and analytics that our key to business decisions on our E-Commerce platform. Customer service is always spot on, and I receive personal support with any reports that I need. Great product!

Miguel M.

Glew provides the overview I was looking for

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

I've always wanted one central location to see my daily performance, not only in sales numbers, but where and why those sales came in. By integrating my marketing channels (including email), i'm able to get a clear picture on where those sales came from, and how trends are affecting them.

Cons

The commitment period is long, but you're locked in with your price, which is good.

Robbie P.

Best Platform for Ecommerce Attribution

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Glew is awesome!

Pros

In a world of clouded data and platforms competing for conversion attribution, Glew breaks down all your data so it can be easily interpreted and you can tell where sales are really coming from.
Great monthly retention cohorts for subscription.

Cons

I wish Glew conversion rate calculation excluded subscription reoccuring orders.

Leon L.

Great all-in-one tool!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Great tool for a daily snapshot across ecomm channels and easy insights into Facebook ad performance.

Cons

No immediate cons - some metrics lack date sorting, etc. and I think the Shopify integration could go deeper but this is an awesome product.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Invaluable inventory insights

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Great customer support as well - also occasionally provides free and helpful webinars.

Pros

My company was looking for a more intuitive way to track sales (and non-sales) in our inventory system - Glew offers an exportable file with all the information we needed. It does much, much more, but this simple tool has already proven invaluable.

Cons

There's a lot to take in with Glew - it has many incredible uses but sometimes its hard to know where to start. They offer a Glew Academy via YouTube, etc. but it's not always easy to follow along (or get to the meat and potatoes of what you want to know).

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Ecommerce Analytics solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Great Ecommerce analysis tool that digs deeper into the Customer and product behavior then Shopify does. Automated reporting is a great feature to share the insights with the greater team.

Cons

Fixed Annual pricing isn't great. Would be better if it had a month to month model like most SaaS services.

Josh S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Terrible customer service and a platform that has a lot of data, but not all connected.

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Terrible customer service, they tell you that their software can do one thing, you sign the contract, then they delay delay delay to hold you in and say sorry we don't have that feature and you're under contract.

Pros

Interesting dashboard, but limited in it's functionality and usefulness.

Cons

They can't compare data to the previous year on the main dashboard. It wants to report against the previous "30 day" period, but won't compare to the previous year same period as a default. This is crazy that it can't do such a basic task.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Powerful and fast insights

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.

Cons

While all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.

Noah W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Excellent out-of-box analytics & turn-key integrations for ecommerce

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Overall, this is an excellent product to quickly integrate multiple data sources critical to your eCommerce environment and get actionable insights. The GLEW team is constantly rolling out new integrations and expanding the out-of-box analytics for added value.

Pros

The deployment is minimal effort due to the out-of-box integrations and robust reporting included. The standard integrations with Magento, Google Analytics, and Facebook with the baseline product are easy to setup. The insights GLEW provides to our team have proven to be valuable and actionable in many ways.

Cons

You can't do deep customization on the reports without upgrading to the Pro version which is much more expensive - but that is to be expected to get that level of enterprise capabilities.