Glew

eCommerce analytics tool for online sellers

4,4
4,1
4,2
4,3
4,2
Jonathan j S.
Industry: Sporting Goods
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The best "SNAPSHOT" Solution to Understand your eCommerce Business!

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Glew has been an absolute dream to work with. We started with our rep who later transitioned to our primary support contact as well. The team is clearly passionate about the product and it shows. Thier commitment to product development and consumer education is by far my favorite aspect.

They host regular webinars, not just training on the product but on bigger industry trends in understanding attribution modeling, acquisition tactics and how to incorporate this data into your decision-making and marketing plans.

This is a huge step plus and helps provide the knowledge and data for you and your team to grow your business.

Pros

Glew.io really excels at thing - putting easy to comprehend dashboards at your fingertips with actionable insights for managing your e-commerce business. Whether it's daily reports for you to act on, or delving into rich history of reports for trends forecasts, Glew thrives in merrying in all data from your connected platforms into an easy to understand and customize report.

I can quickly see inventory velocity, conversion rate trends, channel marketing gains all coming in from analytics, marketing and CMS system playing together seamlessly.

What's best, it's great to share and show snippets to stakeholders with ease, but quickly make custom reports or facet down on the data for your day-to-day to find actionable insights to grow your business.

This is all on top a responsive staff and tech support team that has supported us growing from 1 site to 10 sites in less than a year.

Cons

Like all aggregator data platforms, not everything is supported or can provide all things to all users.

That said, with 3 months on the platform - Glew surprised us by regular adding new integrations and debuting a new one for Salesforce that help complete the complete Stack for us.

It's worth noting, Glew does not replace your analytics platforms such as GA, Adobe or built-in reporting with your CMS. It merely enhances them and make the data digestable and multi-faceted by merging all of these sources for new analysis.

This does require you have your analytics set-up correctly. So make sure GOALs, KPIs and funnels are configured correctly on the primary system or they will just give you bad data once imported into Glew.

Nathan B.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

For the first six months at my company, we quite literally couldn't export sales data [that contained the SKUs] from Magento. We tried everything. No stones were left unturned. Believe me, I know how crazy that sounds. I was completely dumbfounded and frustrated by this for a long time. Consider the wide array of limitations associated with being unable to export *any* historical sales data... Before I found Glew, I used Google Analytics and a custom purchasing dashboard in Magento. neither of which suited our needs very well.
I have experienced a few issues with Glew and the data veracity and consistent accuracy thereof, but the support team is generally pretty responsive and helpful. Naturally, the more complex the problem, the longer it takes to resolve. The one pain point of Glew is the occasional instability and inaccuracy of data aggregation. Unless I notice sales data that's obviously wrong or new SKUs that are missing, it's highly likely it will fly under the radar, which concerns me. I wish an error code was thrown or a flag raised if data is not aggregating correctly.
Glew was exactly what our company needed and alleviated a few high priority pain points. Everyone in our company receives the daily snapshot, which is an awesome feature. When it comes to sales and purchasing, I cannot think of one question that arose and was unable to be answered by Glew or exportable data from Glew. I, quite literally, use Glew multiple times every single day. Couldn't live without

Pros

- Glew provides much of the data that we were unable to export from Magento in an easily accessible way.
- Even people with little or no Glew experience can navigate and utilize for simple tasks, but the capabilities are vast and the features are robust which opens the door to great insights.
- Bespoke reports can be set to be delivered to your inbox at a specific time.
- The vast majority of data is exportable in CSV format, so even if Glew doesn't have the report you need, you can export the data and make it yourself.

Cons

- every time we create new products, they are not automatically included in the next import. I typically have to generate a ticket for the Glew team.
- it is occasionally prone to data aggregation errors . There have been instances where I have noticed sales data is incorrect. With the help of the support team, we always get to the bottom of it, but I wish it was more consistently accurate.

Jamie S.
Industry: Retail

Not meant for small businesses or startups

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

During the time we used Glew, it was exceptional insight into our business without having to do too much digging across multiple applications. It gave us some valuable suggestions to allow us to focus on the right items in our store and reposition our brand.

Pros

Glew has amazing analytics that tell you a few insights that are hard to get anywhere else unless you have a financial analysis on staff. Some things I find incredible are the analytics that actually allow you to see suggestions on different items to offer customers as a bundle deal. You can also see quite easily which items don't bring you enough profit to make it worth advertising and keep focused on only the most profitable items in your store.

Cons

This application is incredible but way too much for any business not bringing in at the very least $50k per year. If you bring in less than this, utilize whatever free tools you can find until then. For medium-larger businesses, this tool seems practically essential.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Gary M.
Industry: E-Learning

Scam Company With Bait & Switch Approach

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/21

One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company. Buyer beware of bait and switch sales tactics with slimy contracts.

Initially when looking at this software we were looking for deep analytics for our new subscription service hosted on Paywhirl. We also have a Shopify store for sales. In the sales calls I was very specific and showed all of the software we used. The sales person said our account manager would be able to set everything up because he couldn't show us what we were asking for. He just cared about getting a sale and passing us off to the account manager. After several months of trying to make the software work, they basically said that it doesn't but they "could make it work with another $4,000-$5,000 in custom development. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically from Glew was one of the worst people I've ever dealt with. Promised to solve the solution, develop a solution for the issue, and would simply forget to call us back or follow up. So we were left with a piece of expensive software that did NOTHING for what was promised. And they insisted that we would have to continue to pay for the entire year despite the software not serving any function. Why would they want a company who's super unhappy with the products or services and find 0 value in this to continue to be forced to pay for a product or service that provides no value? Another company that over promises and under delivers. I wasn't going to write any review but since I called Amex and stopped all payments .

Pros

Didn't do anything we needed it for and what it was promised to do.

Cons

They wanted an additional $4,000-5,0000 to customize our app after setup because it didn't work with the SOFTWARE THAT THEY SAID IT WOULD WORK WITH.

Response from Glew

Hi there - this is Abby from Glew. I'm so sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience with our product. It's our primary goal to make sure all of our clients see value in Glew, and it sounds like there was some miscommunication from the start with your subscription. We'd love to get on a call to figure out a solution. You can email me directly at abby.healy[at]glew.io and I'll make sure you're connected with the right person. - Abby

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Caroline F.

Fantastic CRM & BI Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

We are solving CRM, customer data, product data and inventory data insights and issues with Glew.

Pros

Integrating all of the data is very simple and easy through custom API calls. Sync your accounts, hit sync and data is there in 24-28 hours.

Cons

If you use Enterprise, you really need a skilled team to develop dashboards who know SQL, Python and R.

Alexander D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The Best Tool for Insights

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

As an agency, we help businesses achieve their growth-related goals. We do that by leveraging Glew to gain a deep understanding of our clients' businesses quickly and make strategic decisions based on data that lead to measurable results.

Pros

The integrations are incredibly easy and streamlined. The data visualization and reporting tools that come out of the box are top-notch.

Cons

The Magento integration is a module, not an API, so we need to wait for our deployment/release cycles to get started with each of our big clients.

Response from Glew

Hey Alex, thank you so much for your great review! Just wanted to give you a heads up - we have an update scheduled to move away from the Magento plugin and use their API, so that should be resolved very soon. :)

Noah W.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Excellent out-of-box analytics & turn-key integrations for ecommerce

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Overall, this is an excellent product to quickly integrate multiple data sources critical to your eCommerce environment and get actionable insights. The GLEW team is constantly rolling out new integrations and expanding the out-of-box analytics for added value.

Pros

The deployment is minimal effort due to the out-of-box integrations and robust reporting included. The standard integrations with Magento, Google Analytics, and Facebook with the baseline product are easy to setup. The insights GLEW provides to our team have proven to be valuable and actionable in many ways.

Cons

You can't do deep customization on the reports without upgrading to the Pro version which is much more expensive - but that is to be expected to get that level of enterprise capabilities.

Vincent W.

Great tool for our Agency

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

One of the key highlights is the customer service. There is support through chat and they are usually very responsive in resolving any issues that I have.

Pros

Most features are fairly standard on an analytics tool like this but the biggest value for us is the ease of customer segmentation to assist us in building out re-marketing and lookalikes.

The lifetime value feature also helps us benchmark success targets for our clients.

Cons

Most of the reporting are not customizable to our personal needs, but we are acquiring access to BI Tunnel which will solve this issue.

Erinn H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great insights with great support!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

The entire experience was great! The tool and team are very helpful!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate with little to know training.

Cons

Sometimes manipulating the data for custom problems became troublesome.

Industry: Consumer Goods

Powerful and fast insights

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.

Cons

While all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.

Nihar K.
Industry: Computer Software

All in one eCommerce strategy planning machine

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

As an Shopify Plus Partner agency, our many merchants that are using our white labeled version of the platform (https://analytics.roswellstudios.com) provides a personal touch - which is awesome. We've dubbed it Roswell Analytics (powered by Glew Plus). It solves our merchants main problem: where should I spend my time and money to get the best ROI. Simply put - Glew provides the answer.

Pros

As an executive in the eCommerce ecosystem, I rarely give a platform 5 stars across the board. However when reps from the Glew platform approached me, he didn't try to sell me on the platform, he worked with me to help empower my merchants to understand how the holistic approach to analytics is the only way to strategically advance your KPIs. As a Shopify Plus Partner, Roswell Studios provides design, development AND strategy / consulting. The Glew platform has enabled us to provide a 4th dimension solution to the age old question - what is working, how and why?

By connecting a dozen analytics dashboards in one central place, and combining the granular filtering, with profitability gauges (through the input of COGS) - our merchants can assess, with agility, whether to spend more on paid ads, social ads, email marketing, SEO etc. So - instead of having 7 tabs open - exporting to XLS, then using pivot tables and other madness to engage in quantitative analysis - Glew does it for you in a matter of a few clicks. Just connect your eComm platform, Google Analytics, email service provider, Ad Words, Bing Ads, Facebook, Subscription App, Shipping Platform, Rewards Platform etc. - and utilize the built in reports to get going. Custom reports are a cinch. And if our merchants need a more in depth analysis that isn't out of the box - we access MODE to engage in the BI tunnel to create super customized reports (does require development however).

Cons

All of the integrations can initially seem intimidating - and then understanding their attribution model (first order attribution: https://glew.io/making-sense-attribution-modeling/) - and making sense of it versus Google's attribution model (last click) when your merchants are married to GA presented some initial challenges. However, reading further into the science / understanding of the attribution models and educating our merchants proved to be difficult, but eventually rewarding.

Stuart W.
Industry: Cosmetics

Data made simple. Easy to use and always improving.

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Responsive support, always improving the software, informative and hosting webinars that educate its users - there's a lot that I like about Glew.

Their communication by email is always on point (precise and to the point) keeping you in the loop with improvements, new features, software/data changes, and upcoming features. You always are left feeling that your money is well spent with Glew improving the software and bringing out new integrations. So many more e-commerce app and software providers could learn a thing or two here about not resting on their laurels and not updating their software to keep ahead of the curve.

Pros

Due to the data and reports that Glew provides and brings to the surface I have quicker access to reviewing our e-commerce practices.

Insights to LTV and campaigns now mean I can see what is making money long-term a hell of a lot easier and adjust our focus to those channels that are providing greater LTV per customer or better net profit margins - this also extends into brands and categories on the website.

Such a report previously as a small company was time consuming and meant a job list being negatively impacted. Glew cuts that time down to just mere minutes.

Cons

Not that it's Glew's fault, but the fact that I'm having to pay for this software in the first place when Bigcommerce shopping cart has the data, offers 'analytics' but is not focused on the stats we need unlike Glew.

Top Notch Customer Service and Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

We have some very specific needs on the enterprise side. The team at Glew is always there for us no matter how big or how small the request. Our needs are unique as we use Glew's analytics for all our clients and the Glew team has become an extension of our company. There have been several calls where their team has provided invaluable insights and expertise that has lead to numerous clients of ours being very satisfied. Working with their team has been a pleasure as they always come prepared and with solutions to our challenges.
Highly recommend their service and their team. What ever you need done they find a way to do it.

Pros

I come from companies who use very sophisticated systems to gather and analyze data and Glew's prebuilt data sets are very useful because they help you to think of ways to analyze you data in areas you may have not thought about before. I love the way it looks and how I am able to with their team customize it based on what our clients needs are.

Cons

We have a unique design that we have worked with the Glew team to put together. They have done everything we have asked of them.

Chris E.
Industry: Industrial Automation
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Daily Snapshot

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

With on-line marketing and the need for results, Glew provides as easy to read, user friendly snapshot of our performance. For the price, Glew provides a cost effective ideal solution for sales and marketing. A great product from a team who provides outstanding customer service. I recommend it for all of my representatives.

Pros

We love the daily snapshot in our management review meetings. Each morning we receive an automated email telling us the number of visitors and quick view of sales for the day. Ideal for a quick look as to if we are winning or losing. We can always dig into the details by logging into our dashboard.

Cons

Some may say the daily snapshot if very basic but for me it is exactly what I need. Quick view, easy to read and if I need more details I can always dig in.

Gene F.
Industry: Internet

Advanced Analytics for eCommerce

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Glew makes it easy to segment and target very specific customer demographics or cohorts, plugging in easily to your ESP. It enables customized reporting, combining data from all of your essential sources.

Pros

It aggregates data from many sources, giving you a centralized hub to understand your online business. It makes data visually appealing, easier to understand, easier to segment for marketing and customize for reporting. It is affordable for really any merchant and an essential tool for insights and growth.

Cons

I don't have any issues that are troublesome.

Matt T.

Excellent analytics service

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

The Glew views allow us to view everything that is going on with our business from traffic to sales, users to products. We take advantage of the Amazon and Mailchimp integrations as well. The customer service is excellent and the platform is easy to use. An essential and well like part of the management of our business.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get at my key data, and that I can pull in data from other sources and still see everything in one view.

Cons

I didn't really find anything to be a drawback.

Ashley L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

5 Star Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Great reporting and analytics that our key to business decisions on our E-Commerce platform. Customer service is always spot on, and I receive personal support with any reports that I need. Great product!

Chase M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Glew Brings It All Together

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

Glew is an easy to implement data analytics tool for marketing teams that would like to begin utilizing their data in a meaningful way.

Cons

The report builder in the software could be a little better, but over all no real cons.

Robbie P.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Platform for Ecommerce Attribution

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Glew is awesome!

Pros

In a world of clouded data and platforms competing for conversion attribution, Glew breaks down all your data so it can be easily interpreted and you can tell where sales are really coming from.
Great monthly retention cohorts for subscription.

Cons

I wish Glew conversion rate calculation excluded subscription reoccuring orders.

Miguel M.
Industry: Retail

Glew provides the overview I was looking for

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

I've always wanted one central location to see my daily performance, not only in sales numbers, but where and why those sales came in. By integrating my marketing channels (including email), i'm able to get a clear picture on where those sales came from, and how trends are affecting them.

Cons

The commitment period is long, but you're locked in with your price, which is good.

Sara G.
Industry: Computer Software

Love this software!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/13

We launched our e-commerce store about 2 years ago and Glew has really helped us capture important data necessary for the growth of our business.

Pros

We love the ease of use of this software. It provides us with easy ability to see where our online sales are generated from. We use Glew mostly for the reporting and are able to learn buying patterns of our customers. The data that Glew provides us also allows us to send targeted emails out to customers based on what category they fall under. We have lot's of luck with sending out coupon codes to customers that haven't shopped in a specific amount of months.

Cons

I don't think that we have any cons to using this software.

Rich P.
Industry: Financial Services

I use Glew all day and it is awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Glew became our reporting and analytics engine and we use it constantly to run our business.

Pros

It is so fast and the information is quick and easy to use. Integration was smooth and fast. The support has been excellent.

Cons

I do not have any cons and any small tweeks I have requested have been put in a later update.

Alex C.

Use Glew Daily

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Use it daily and find it essential.

Pros

As a Shopify+ merchant I find that GLEW is far more accurate than Google Analytics and provides much more depth than Shopify reports. I love the daily reports sent via email each morning and that we have a simple easy to use place to analyze margin, costs, revenue, profit, sell through, inventory aging and much more.

Cons

I think the price is a bit steep, but it does add value to my business so it is what it is.

Jordan M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great resource. Does more than expected

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

It's been a great experience. I have found the technical support to be extremely responsive and helpful.

Pros

This app has everything we need. It is easy to use and provides all the needed reporting to run a successful e-commerce business

Cons

There are no cons. I have not had any regrets adding this app. Very helpful.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best tool for small to medium ecommerce businesses.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/12

After using Glew for over a year now my experience has been really positive. The account management with support team is always excellent.

Pros

What I like most about Glew is their preloaded customer segmentation and LTV for each audience. We're able to rapidly pull segments of our audiences and load them into FB ad manager with ease. This gives us greater flexibility in creating look alike audiences while scaling paid FB spend.

Cons

I wish we had more direct access to cohorts on a running 12 month basis. It would really help small brands better understand the quality of the customers they're acquiring and if their retention efforts are working properly.