Showing 25 reviews of 15

BoardPaq

Planning, running, & management of board meetings

Showing 25 reviews of 15
Lauren D.

You Get What Yoy Pay For

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

We used it for many years because the cost was good but it was a big relief when we updated to a more robust system.

Pros

The price was very affordable. The system did a decent job archiving old meeting packets.

Cons

The user interface was frustrating to use and inflexible.

Great for Board/Committee meetings

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

I have used Board paq for months to organize, upload all marketing committee and board agenda and reports. It takes time to get used to the software and where to locate meetings and documents. It could be time consuming to create some documents. You create an agenda and assign roles to people and you could send a vote to everyone to vote on agenda items. Sometimes I think it would be easier to do old fashion way and just send a pdf with all reports to members.

Pros

Great tool for uploading board, committee agendas, reports for meetings. Easily keep track of all meetings and members are given access to software to view reports for each meeting. It’s a great way to organize all meeting docs in one platform for all users. It’s an affordable tool and once you get used to functionality then it’s user friendly.

Cons

There’s definitely a learning curve to upload documents and it is time consuming to organize meetings docs, add members to the tool and give access to them. They do offer video tutorials for every item and there are YouTube and other free videos available. They do offer a free demo. Sometimes users forget passwords or it takes time for them to learn how to use the tools.

Mary W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Outdated Feel, Necessary Functions

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

I appreciate what this software gives nonprofits the ability to accomplish since users are coming from a wide range of tech learning backgrounds. It's simple and very customizable from the admin front.

Pros

I appreciated that confidentiality is one of the most focused-on and prized aspects of this software, and that you can very tightly control the specific people allowed to see each and every piece of uploaded information. I utilize this feature with every single document I upload.

Cons

The admin side of the software is not the most intuitive and also looks like it hasn't been updated since 1995, but it's fairly smooth after getting over the learning curve. I must mention that the typical user experience is significantly smoother though.

Ben B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very easy to use for staff and volunteers.

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

We like the quick, simple and intuitive navigation that BoardPaq provides. The cost is also very reasonable.

Response from BoardPaq

Ben, Thank you for the review. We enjoy partnering with Arch Grants and look forward to adding more features and functionality for non profit boards of directors. We also continue to work to make BoardPaq affordable for smaller organizations.

Donna R.
  • Industry: Utilities

I did my research and BoardPaq was the best option!

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

We have been able to streamline the process of getting information to our board members while saving money! No more printing 40 sets of 50-100 page packets every month and no more shipping costs either!

Pros

It is so easy to use on the administrative side and the user side!

Cons

I wish we had known about this software sooner! We could have saved time and money!

Response from BoardPaq

Donna, Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to continuing to work with you and all of our customers to make improvements to BoardPaq and keeping it easy-to-use, secure, and affordable.

• Industry: Utilities

Very good piece of software

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

Ease of use, especially for non-technical people

Cons

Perhaps the layout could be a little better, but this is a minor quibble

Robert G.

We have used this product since it was introduced. We are very happy with it in all respects.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Pros

It is easy to use and has a complete list of features. I am very happy with the program. We save a lot of postage and printing costs.

Response from BoardPaq

Rob, Thank you for being a loyal user of BoardPaq. Your early and often input and support has been outstanding and continues to help us improve BoardPaq for all our users.

Stephanie Q.

Bank Use and Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

As administrator, I love this program. Participants love the program. Our business doesn't have a need for all of the different functions, but nice to know they are available to us as our organization expands.

Pros

Eliminates paper in the board meeting process. Ease of upload, making changes, etc.

Cons

I know each user must select the number of incorrect login attempts before locking out the user. We are a bank and are highly examined and reviewed. IT parameters are very strict for obvious reasons. I wish the period that is recorded for the number of failed login in attempts could be shortened to say two weeks. As I understand it now, there is no limit. System looks back as far as it can. Members could have had two unsuccessful attempts within the last year and one more will lock out the user. It appears that they have only tried once to login unsuccessfully. This is a big inconvenience. A shorter "look back" period would be very helpful in preventing this.

Response from BoardPaq

Stephanie, Thank you for the feedback on BoardPaq. Someone from the BoardPaq team will reach out to you about your authentication issue. Security is our number one priority and we are committed to making BoardPaq the most secure and easy-to-use board portal in the industry.

Carolyn K.
  • Industry: Utilities

BoardPaq help when you need it!

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I started out as someone that just used to for viewing and I really like it, now I also help with the editing and set up and after going through a couple of trainings I am getting used to it and the flow of it is much better.

Pros

I like the ease of use, it took me a few times to get the hang of the process, mostly because I was only using it occasionally. I now use it pretty much monthly and it seems to be easier for me to utilize.

Cons

I think if I could make one change it would be to make it more step by step menu driven. Some might like the aspect that it is not, but for a newer user it would make it easier to learn.

Response from BoardPaq

Carolyn, Thank you for being a loyal BoardPaq customer. So many of our new customers are coming from references by existing customers like you. This year based on customer feedback, we plan to put more focus on enhancing the User Interface. By the end of Q1, you should start to see some of these improvements.

Luanne C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Tremendous efficiencies gained in the 5 years of using the software

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

Streamlines meeting preparation and provides ease of use for members of our meetings, regardless of their computer abilities

Cons

The system should be able to purge data when requested by the Administrator. Due to the importance of the data, there should be corresponding reports of data purged and sign offs by the user to authorize the purge.

Response from BoardPaq

Luanne, Thank you for your review and using BoardPaq for your Bank Board of Directors! We enjoy partnering with great organizations like First State Bank and looking forward to many more years of working together.

Dixon P.

Some quirks but workable

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Savings on paper and reduction in administrative efforts needed to circulate documents, also assists with confidentiality as restrictions can be placed on printing or copying information from circulated documentation.

Pros

Functionality of producing packages for Board and Committee meetings that can be published online or printed as a comprehensive PDF

Cons

Loading of documents problematic at times as it would truncate longer documents

Response from BoardPaq

Dixon, Thank you for providing feedback on BoardPaq. We continue to add features to make BoardPaq accessible to more users regardless of device (ios, android, windows, web or paper). I will have someone from our team reach out to see if we can do anything to help with truncating of longer documents.

makes committee meeting and messages so easy!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Great! the support there is great and they really want to do anything to make sure your experience is the best it can be. They have a great training selection and online feedback.

Pros

Everything you would need for your Board of Trustees and committees is in one place. I feel so much more organized since I got Board Paq. I was able to make a library of all the minutes, rosters, schedules, work plans, and anything that s financial or legal. Members can message one another or have a message board, so communication with everyone is now in one place and not between phone calls and emails. It is so easy to ask for feedback, give surveys, and availability with all your members too. It really has helped my organization so much. The company also helps you set up a webinar training for your members and staff. Great support!!!

Cons

The only thing I would say, and it isn't even on the company, is how it takes a while for your members, especially older ones, to get acquainted. You are going to get a lot of calls with people forgetting their password which it seems that you can only change on the back end). It's not really anything on their part, just an observation.

Response from BoardPaq

Thank you for your review of BoardPaq. We are committed to making BoardPaq easy-to-use for all board members... including those of all ages! Look for more webinars and newsletters to learn about all the new features we are adding to the product.

Patrick H.

Great Product for the Price

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Overall, we are very satisfied with this product at the affordable price it costs.

Pros

It works for our board. We are not a huge company and our board meetings are relatively short, so this product works well for us.

Cons

Sometimes amending or adding to a meeting can be cumbersome.

Regina T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

BoardPaq is truly amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

It has saved us time and money. We don't have to use Binders, Copy Paper and staples etc.

Pros

We have all our meetings documents in one location. We have not used binders in years! If a document needs to be added or a change needs to be made to your agenda it can be done in minutes! All members get updates immediately. You can vote, color code items on the agenda, have conversations within each section of the agenda if needed. BoardPaq also has a library section that you can store all kinds of documents and label them for your use. Please schedule your demo today. You will see all the benefits of having BoardPaq.

Response from BoardPaq

Regina, Thank you for providing a review of BoardPaq! Keep an eye out for many new features later this year to make our leading board portal even better.

Megan M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great! Very Functional!

A super cool job:)

Pros

Ease of use. I like being able to pull out any device and be able to access the agenda and last meeting's minutes. I also like the vote function and SWOT analysis tool.

Cons

Because I am slightly obsessive, it bothers me to see each board member with a different device out. In my perfect world each member has the same tablet, laptop or phone out:/

Response from BoardPaq

Megan, Thank you for using BoardPaq for your Board Meetings. We continue to work to improve BoardPaq and look for feedback from our customers to add new features like voting and SWOT analysis tools.