Rentals United Reviews

New Generation Channel manager for vacation rentals

Laurent
Laurent
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great product with very efficient team for onboarding and support

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Very easy to use, nice design, reliable, excellent support team
The support team is the key employee for us ! He is details and customers oriented and has always find solutions for us. Definitely an amazing employee !
Key Account Manager is also very professional and helpful.

Cons

The process to multi connect our properties to OTAs could be easier sometimes as we get lost in the different ways... Would love to have one click button to multi connect ;-) and to bypass the administrative registrations.
A more dynamic tool to set up prices could also be a great edge.

The best way to integrate a PMS to Channels

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Our challenge was to improve our product exposure - Rentals United allowed us to do this without maintaining connections with multiple channels ourselves.

Pros

I liked that Rentals United takes care of all the management of Channel Integration APIs on my behalf so all I need to do is sync properties to RU, and it will handle all the channels on my behalf.

Cons

Dynamic pricing wasn't available as part of the core product and we had to use an additional product to manage this.

Response from Rentals United

Thank you for leaving us this amazing review!

That really is the beauty of using our platform, increase the number of bookings that you receive and do less work to achieve them, giving you more time to focus on growing your business and focussing on other important things.

To a successful 2020!

The Rentals United Team

Zohar
  • Industry: Hospitality

Rentals United a waste of time if you are looking for additional OTAs exposure

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Complete waste of time!

Complete waste of time!

Pros

The purpose I used Rentals United was to connect with Google Rentals and plenty other Otas, Renatals united connect with.Complete loss of money and waste of timeOut of 12 reservations I got through rentals united in 6 months only 1 really showed up.

Cons

Complete waste of money and completed waste of time.The OTAs I connected with through Rentals United dont seem to screen guests reservations.in 6 months of use I only had 12 reservations and 11 cancellations!I had my calendar dates blocked by guests that never paid and eventually were cancelled by my team or by them selves.I lost money due to blocked dates by bogus guests

Response from Rentals United

Hi Zohar,

We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with our platform. Our Customer Success team has been in contact with you for the past weeks, offering meetings in order to resolve pending issues and to optimise your account. We are happy that the pending issues now have been resolved.

You are using Rentals United in combination with your PMS which has direct connections to the big OTAs. Rentals United offers additional connections to other sales channels, from which you have received several reservations.

With regards to these reservations, some guests have cancelled their reservation and received a refund according to your cancellation policy. Guests, unfortunately, sometimes need to cancel their accommodation. We recommend reviewing if the cancellation policies you currently work with, are still a good fit for your business.

While it is correct that we usually see a 25% increase in reservations, it is important to keep in mind this includes reservations from the biggest OTAs. These are connections that you are not using with your PMS, not with Rentals United and therefore you probably have not seen this mentioned increase. We do apologise for the confusion in this matter.
If you have additional questions about this, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to express your concerns.

Melissa

Great service from rep

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Rentals United seem to be looking to expand their network and opportunities offered to us.

Pros

Fairly easy to map products with each site clearly separate

Cons

Can not create rules for tariffs which limits what we can offer guests

Fernando

Great

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

From the first day we had an excellent assistance from the girl who took care of us to implement the system, which channels we could connect, which is relatively easy to establish the connection, although there is another part that does not depend on Rentals United, You have to contract it directly with the channels where you want to distribute according to the conditions of each channel. We have always had excellent assistance from them and is easy to schedule an appoint with our account manager. We are still in the process of connecting with several channels but so far we have not had any problems.

Cons

It would be great to have a trial period before making the payment. It would also be great to be able to configure more aspects of the properties like the price for instance without having to do it property by property

Sonja
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I need to use service further.

Reviewed on 2023/03/27

poor, need a good or improved service

poor, need a good or improved service

Pros

accesss is good, idea is good, but not working well

Cons

no service when having double bookings ...never had the ical issues before....turned it off temporatily till they show more on what they promise.

Response from Rentals United

Hi Sonja,

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you have experienced some issues. We would love to get in touch with you and help with your account. Could you contact [email protected] and explain the issue, please?
We look forward to hearing from you so we can show you the value of our platform and customer support.

Rentals United.

Markus
Markus

One of the most advanced and easy to use channel managers for vacation rentals.

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Pros

- Usability
- Many channels are well synchronized in terms of content as well as rates & availability.
- Great onboarding team and recommendations concerning the different channels
- Easy to understand API & Documentation for PMS integration

Cons

- Some items do not get correctly synced
- Content syncs only once automatically and not after each change
- Message integration with automated messages, would be great to efficiently communicate directly with clients of all the different channels

Geoff
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Ongoing use of RU

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Great improvement in customer service since commencement almost 2 years ago.

Great improvement in customer service since commencement almost 2 years ago.

Pros

The connectivity to a wide variety of booking portals

Cons

Not being able to cancel a redundant listing without contacting each service provider, complicated method of ensuring each portal is updated individually.

Joana

Easy and functional

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Pros

We can update several information on different websites

Cons

It could be a little bit cheaper, although it offers a great range

Morena

Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I choose RU to reach the highest level of automation for my company ... we are getting there!

Pros

This is a young company and they are making a big effort to improve and reach every day higher quality standards!

User side I've received, I receive and hopefully will receive the best support possible from the IT department and most important my account manager representative who is incredibly understanding of what are the problematic of the job, helpful and ready with a solution!

Cons

the granularity of the system needs to be improved
one system needs to fits all, and I understand its hard but it will make the difference.
The app needs improvement

Dean
  • Industry: Hospitality

Don't be fooled by the advertising

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

all of the above.

all of the above.
I would not waste my time with the software as what they say and what they do are different.

Pros

so far the system has not had any pros, the system does not function correctly and the support is slow.

Cons

Customer support is slow and not very helpful.
First the we did the download from Airbnb all the data was incorrect and far from complete, when I asked the set up assistant why she said its my issue and I have to manually input everything.
The system is majorly flawed and when it downloads it cant handle the information and if you ask all you get is oh well you should manually do it all.
Not a good response considering there is all the information needs to be manually checked and re input and all the wrong information deleted.
The rentals united system is basic to say the best and not attractive to use, completely different to what they represent, thats why there is very limited look as the system pre paying money.
The rentals united system is not easy to use or flexible and to be honest messed with our airbnb settings and blocks you from being able to edit back on airbnb to fix the flaws of the feed from rentals united.
If you want support you won't get it here, if you do its not very good and slow.
you send in a support request and hours later you will get the wrong question back, you then have to reply and you still don't get any help for what you actually asked about.

Dan

Dont get your hopes up!

Reviewed on 2018/05/19

I learned that there is no software that can deliver a pms system that is able to setup completly centralized. And deliver automated to multible channels. This is the 4`th pms i setup and try. :-)

Pros

The idea of what it could have been. I think they have the right idea. but is so far from making it a streamlined reality. i hope they nail it in the future. seems like a good company that wants to do the right thing. Nice clean interface.

Cons

If you think you are about to experience an automated setup across diferent channels, you will be disapointed. when you have finished the rentals united setup, you have to setup each channel. and thats a hole lot of work. every channel is set up in some different ways. some channels (mayby many) wants you to go to the channels webpage and start a setup.
it is complicated. so much so i wonder why i pay good for something i can setup on different channels myself and save the money. just using ical/api.
i think that a pms where you can setup everything in one place, and reach countless channels is next to impossible to do, the easy way. There is so much difference, in how the channel platforms are setup. This is the fourth pms system i use. still looking for the ONE.

Response from Rentals United

Hi Dan

Thanks for sending these comments through but I personally think that giving us a 1star review is tough given you're not actually a paying client of ours and you haven't actually used the platform.

You're right in the fact that it requires work on your side to get online in the channels. We're very clear with our clients on this and during the two calls you had with our sales team, the process for connecting to the channels was clearly outlined to you.

Our goal is to make the process as painless as possible and things are definitely improving. However as you correctly pointed out, each channel has their own process for contracting and on-boarding so it's a definite commitment on your side.

The process for going live in some channels is quicker than others but we are very clear with our clients that it should take around 30 days to get you live in all your chosen channels.

Hopefully you can consider using Rentals United in the future.

Margarida
  • Industry: Hospitality

There is a different life before and after Rentals United!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Before working with RU I spent hours updating calendars and working with few platforms. Now this work is done automatically and I can do other things to improve the service.

Pros

The credibility of the service, the guarantee that calendars are up to date instantly.
The variety of connections to the various platforms is undoubtedly an asset in UK services.
Strongly recommend them!

Cons

There is no way to create a customer contact file

Response from Rentals United

Dear Margarida,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are so pleased that you are loving your experience with us and even more that we have been able to simplify your working day and allow you to focus on improving and growing your business, this is our aim! MORE BOOKINGS. LESS WORK.

Regarding your 'Cons' feedback, we would love to hear more about this to see if we can implement this in the future, please feel free to share this information with your account manager.
If you haven't already, check out one of our new channels: Europea Residences - A luxury accommodation channel for short and medium rentals, you may find that they work well for you.

Thanks again and have a lovely day!

Flavia

disappointing customer service but great exception

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

It is really intuitive and easy to use but what made the difference in my experience with this software has been working with my rep. He definitely made the difference and played a crucial role even when my manager wanted to quit the collaboration with them.
He was in charge of our synchronization with Booking Sync (PMS and website) and I am really glad he suggested it.
He is a very polite and fair person, driven to find solutions. The excellence of his working method relies on his continuous feedback, suggestions, creative ideas. He is able to keep calm and smiling even if all over it is a huge mess. I appreciated his attitude several time, he is focused on results and finding the best and the more efficient solution. I would recommend Rentals United if they had more employee like him.

Cons

Most of the connections are displayed as green and well connected even when they are clearly not working at all.
Customer service is very disappointing, I assume they are not well trained or down staffed because when I need some assistance it takes at least 3 or 4 weeks to get a reply and an uncountable number of mail and solicitations.
Most of the time the final answer is that the issue does not depends on them but all the responsability relies on this or that channel. At a statistic level I find it pretty hard to believe.

Judith

horrible customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Poor experience. No support. Very slow to respond to problems. Our pin location has been wrong for months which really makes our guests mad when they think that they are renting a unit located on the other side of town. We can't get it fixed. We have started getting double bookings. And we can't unblock reservations so we have rooms sitting empty. We had a 9 day reservation that we could not unblock!

Pros

Right now, nothing! We use this product because it is the only option with our booking software.

Cons

They have no online support! You must submit a ticket for help that they sometimes take days to respond to. We have had problems with not being able to unblock canceled or moved reservations . Our rooms sit empty and we are unable to open up to be able to rent waiting for them to fix. The support is non exsistant. When you deal with a product like rentals, you can not get back the missed revenue and you need FAST support that this company does not offer. They need a number that you can call and reach a live person to provide effective support.

Gene
  • Industry: Hospitality

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Have been transferred to 6 different people thru my on-boarding process none of them more competent than a 3 year old to get my properties listed on there site.

Pros

if you can get the software working with all your channels it's actually a pretty decent product.

Cons

WAY TO MANY TO NAME!! By far the worst customer support and tech support. You will be passed from person to person and nobody taking accountability for your issues . It seems no there wants to truly help you. They definitely want to sell you the software service NO FOLLOW thru. Do your self a favor and don't purchase from this company.

Response from Rentals United

Hi Gene

I'm sorry you've been experiencing such bad service. I've spoken to your account manager, Carolina who has been trying to get in contact with you.

Can you contact her at [email protected] so she can help.

I'm confident that with that her help, you will have only positive things to say about Rentals United.

Feel free to contact me directly on [email protected] if you need anything.

Annie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Rentals United has been extremely useful in our business

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I am not note most tech savvy person but our Key Account Manager is always available to provide more personal support when needed. This has been crucial for us to have had an additional person to communicate with.

Pros

I love that the software is user-friendly and that they offer manuals specific for every channel connection. That guide helps immensely. Photo upload is simple, and updates are easy to make when needed. I also like that they personally email me to notify me of additional channels that may be beneficial to my business or other updates. The help desk is also quick to respond.

Cons

The live chat option has not been a supportive venue.

Guillermo
  • Industry: Hospitality

Worst channel manager company I’ve used!

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

I didn’t find anyone. I thought I was going to have everything synchronized and it was a completely disaster!

Cons

I have used Rentals United for like a year. The first 2 months everything was normal then I started getting problems with synchronization. Receiving double bookings , getting reservations for less money than syncronized. As there were problems, they decided to take our listings from Booking.com / Expedia down so we have been like 4 months without any connectivity making us lose thousand of dollars! I highly don’t recommend Rentals UNITED at all !

Rentals United is a great tool that has opened so many doors for us!

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Piece of mind because everything is synced with our PM system.

Piece of mind because everything is synced with our PM system.

Pros

What i like the most is that it does everything automatically and that they are good at keeping us in sync with our PM system. Overall we are satisfied with their program.

Cons

What i like the least is that sometimes it can be very difficult to get in contact with them or get any kind of clarification or support in a timely manner.

Takis

SERIOUS PROBLEMS AT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

The product was extremely cheap but by the end this became quite expensive as we didn't realise more than 2 connections with channels and the customer service always gives formal answers without any professional interest.

Pros

The system was very reliable with the few channels that we suceeded to be connected (only 2 channels!!!)

Cons

They didn't provide any kind of help in order to suceed to connect any oof the available channels.
Our account manager was absent for almost 3 months due to pregnancy and there was none to help us complete the connection with the several channels.
The customer service was always answering by refering us to other pdfs with the relevant information that was never complete!!!

Coburn

5 Stars Rentals United!

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

Having such an amazing tool that links our calendars together - our business would never be the same without Rentals United + Our amazing account manager.

Cons

Nothing about the software deserves the 'Cons'. All technology has its ups and downs but RU definitely over weighs the cons.

Nora

Rentals United

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

As a new user just transitioning into using Rentals United over the last few months, the customer service was excellent.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software and the avoidance of double bookings

Cons

How every channel has different requirements for uploading and maintaining properties. For example, pictures have to be changed manually though Airbnb and Booking.com whereas VRBO and Homeaway sync automatically.

Mikael

Great channel management software

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

Rentals United was already integrated with our PMS from Res Harmonics. It is very easy to connect new properties and units to Rentals United and their customer support is very good.

Cons

That I cannot call customer support. They respond very quickly to tickets in their customer support system though.

Jordan

Very helpful team from start to finish. Highly recommend if serious about making more bookings!

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Increase in listing sites our properties are on which increases our bookings and occupancy rate.

Pros

The ability to add a mark up on pricing to counter the listing sites commission (airbnb, booking.com etc). This results in any bookings received from the listing sites linked through rentals untied come back at full price no loss to owner.
Instant connection for availability and rates.
Constant communication with rentals untied allows full understanding of the system.
Once set up you receive a account manager who solely wants to broaden your online advertising reach and increase bookings.

Cons

It is slow to get started but once its set up it is easy to work.. Each listing site has different systems that take time to get use to. Using rentals untied is an increased work load but you do increase occupancy.

Anna

excellent work

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

We have been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as our account manager. Very pleased with our work so far, friendly and fast support.

Pros

Ease of use, straightforward interface, integration with all largest platforms and services providers in hospitality sector.

Cons

None that we have noticed so far, maybe a bit pricey, but costs its money in saving time spent on a same job done manually.