AuditBoard

Happy auditors use AuditBoard.

Great audit tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Are workload has become easier to handle with AB. Overall, reporting and extraction of workpapers is more efficient.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality are great. Customer service is awesome.

Cons

It is quite expensive compared to other vendors we originally looked at. Yet, the investment is well worth the price.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

SOXHUB

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Pros

The product is easy to use
You can create different task to cover control certification, control activities and PBCs request
You can use SOXHUB as a single source of your SOX documentations (from PBC, to testing to issue monitoring)

Cons

None, I'm happy with the overall features of the software.

Taylor M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

easy to use and effective

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

i am the admin and i thoroughly enjoy working on this program.

Pros

simple for everyone to use and easy to pull reports off of.

Cons

nothing comes to mind for me here. no complaints

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Extremely flexible tool with fantastic customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

One place to keep all SOX information that is standardized and reportable, instantly!

Pros

It's so easy to use and report on whatever you need. The ability to see status and click through to what you need is intuitive.

Cons

Due to the size of our company, I'd like to be able to customize the filters a little better and stop seeing things I don't need to see.

Norbert N.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Soxhub User Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

So far, my experience with Soxhub has been great. The ability to customize filters and hyperlink to other parts of Soxhub has helped make it customizable and easy to use. Any bugs that I have noticed were quickly addressed when reported. The customer support is fast and responsive. I've found that new users that I have trained find the program to be fairly intuitive and usually don't run into any issues.
There are a few things that I think could help give Soxhub users a better experience.

1)Submitting text could be simplified. I've noticed new users struggle sometimes because the check box to submit their comment in workstream is not clearly visible.

2) Distinguishing between submitted and certified. This is not always clear to new users. Submitted tasks require review but the first impression is that if it is submitted, then it must already be complete.

3) A link between workstream tasks and controls. Since the two are related, I think it would be helpful to be able to build a task out of a current control.

4) Hyperlink for comments in the inbox. I receive comments but it's not clear where they belong to without the email.

Pros

It is easy intuitive and easy to use. I don't need a user manual to figure out how to do something. I can usually find what I need by spending some time figuring it out in the program.

Cons

Some parts don't feel as advanced as others. I think the comments portion needs more work. It doesn't feel as streamlined as other parts of the dashboard such as My Tasks which is cleaner.

Kingsley K.

Very organized in managing our Company's SOX Controls.

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

Each business process is broken down to their individual controls. Control owners and external auditors can easily access this information without much difficulty.

Cons

May take some time getting use to create new PBC tasks from scratch. To get started, you would need assistance from AuditBoard to establish templates before you can send out PBCs.

Daniel D.

SOXHub review 10.18.16

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We've used SOXHub for over a year at our Company. The team has worked hard to help us with the tool and implement our suggested updates as quickly as possible, and are generally very responsive to our needs as a customer/user.

Jonathan A.

Improving internal audit through technology

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We recently implemented SOXHUB and are in the process of customizing the tool to automate activities for continuous auditing and ongoing monitoring of internal controls, access and share information in order to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness. Overall, SOXHUB is user friendly and reduces the need for administrative tasks through use of the automated features including status reporting, track changes and communicating progress.

Cosmina P.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

The AuditBoard tool is great audit tool, the toll is especially useful at managing internal controls and managing SOX compliance. The toll has many helpful features, a great feature is the Workstream module which helps keep constant communication between Internal Audit and the business. The testing and narrative modules help to manage our annual SOX project and report on the status and operating efficiency of the control

Cons

I've been able to reach out to the AuditBoard team regarding any features that I disliked and the team has been proactive in resolving those items.

David P.

An excellent SOX management tool overall!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Decision to use any type of application in the Internal Audit is absolutely critical because it can either positively or negatively impact the quality and efficiency of your work. A careless move can easily lead you down the wrong path and overrun your budget. It is never a difficult decision for me when it comes to SOXHUB. I've already experienced its cost saving benefit and unique capability into the first year. Like any proper use of software, quality organization and diligent work has to precede it. What's great about SOXHUB is that it has the framework and features to help you maintain that hard work you put in afterwards, and roll it over effortlessly. Work is not wasted with SOXHUB, it's simplified, and the benefits multiply over time.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Platform for narrative; not as easy as word document.

Brian W.

We have realized testing efficiencies while increasing visibility and accountability to the...

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

The user interface is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. The integrated test sheets make it easy to collaborate and work efficiently in a single space. The Workstream module has revolutionized the way we administer and monitor control certifications. Customer service is extremely attentive and listens to the customer when it comes to software enhancements.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike, but I wish Visio flowcharts were more easily integrated into the tool.

Susan S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool for SOX reporting

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Good for keeping your SOX controls in one place.

Pros

I like that it has everything broken out into easily visible control areas. Makes SOX reporting much easier and our external auditing firm loves it.

Cons

First time set up is a little bit time consuming and cumbersome. Not very intuitive for a first time user without some instruction and guidance.

David F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy to Use Repositiry

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Very user friendly and goes beyond a simple repository to an all-in-one solution for the entire audit process.

Pros

Ability to tag and cross reference controls throughout the company control universe

Cons

Uploads from Microsoft office products are not the cleanest versions and require massaging

Khadijah A.

Great software

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Used it for a Sox project and it definitely reduced time in keeping things organized electronically.

Pat M.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

SoxHub Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

The SOXHub support team is very good, always accepting calls/emails after hours or weekends without hesitation and a quick response/turnaround time. The product is good and I am looking forward to the updates with enhanced functionality.

Pros

Eas of use and a great support team.

Cons

Some areas require SOXHub team assistnce and can not be completed in house.

Rosemary W.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

SOX Hub Experience

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

We have been using SOXHUB for a few months and have very happy with the ease of use they system provides. There are some basic functionality features (e.g. additional reporting capabilities, issue tracking, etc) I wish the system had immediately available, but I have been told some of these features are in the works. Overall, we are happy with the purchase thus far.

Pros

Cons

Reporting capabilities & Issue Tracking

SOXhub has revolutionized the way we manage our controls, narratives, testing, and environment.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Huge gains in efficiency and collaboration within our organization.

Pros

The way that the controls, narratives, and testing are linked result in huge gains in efficiency. The ability to add unlimited users is very important to us (no license limit like other GRC tools).

Cons

There are still some limitations or inefficient ways to do things, based on how we want to use the Workstream tool. We use this extensively and probably use it in ways that the developers did not intend (more than just SOX testing). However, Customer Support has been open to hearing our feedback and working on putting some of these suggestions into the future road map.

Kingsley K.

Great way to manage the Internal Audit process

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

I'm an internal auditor and have been using SOXHub for 4 months now. You don't need to be a tech master to navigate through the software, since everything is web-based and support is just a phone call away.

The initial process of setting up controls and linking things around can be a bit tricky, but after awhile, everything will come together and make sense. The Dashboard provides a quick and easy way to show what controls are effective and what controls are ineffective. Navigating through everything is a breeze as you can sort my controls, types, control owners, who tested the controls, who reviewed the controls, etc.

There's so much functionality involved such as creating specific rules for control owners, external auditors, and system admin. Additionally, you can run reports with specific parameters, to get a quick listing of whatever you are looking for.

I really enjoy the WorkStream, which allows you to create tasks for control owners and have them upload their PBCs. It's a good way to keep track of who needs to complete what and also provides a deadline for such individuals to complete their assigned tasks.There's also a neat feature where you can "@username" someone and communicate any questions or concerns you may have. I've done this with my HR Manager, and she thought SOXHub was pretty cool for doing this since emails tend to get lost in the clutter. We also provided this access to our external auditors, and they were able to make their PBC requests and get in touch directly with the control owners, without sending emails. The feedback I received from an individual from Treasury had been positive, as she was happy that the external auditors weren't constantly parading around her desk for requests.

Some minor suggestions I have would probably be in regards to the Narratives. The current functionality of editing your narratives is limited to a few general editing tools, but that's understandable since this is not Microsoft WORD. If you are nit-picky on how you like to format things, this can become a nuisance, but updates are along the way.

I've talked to the SOXHub support, including James Im, who by far is very helpful, on things that can improve upon. The folks here are constantly listening and taking feedback on what they can do to make SOXHub better. I've offered a few suggestions on features I'd like to see, and within a month or so, the feature was implemented.

All-in-all this is a great software. Thank you!

Lena P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Audit Board Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Audit Board makes it simple to communicate with auditors without having to send attachments or questions through regular email. We can get quick responses from the auditors and finish audit tasks more timely with the ease of Audit Board.

Pros

Audit Board is very easy to use and makes uploading files and communicating with auditors simple. We can get requests, submit requests, ask questions all through Audit Board.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about using Audit Board.

Mark S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Overall had a great experience

Pros

The product is easy to use and looks great.

Cons

Difficult to tailor for highly customized programs.

Tammy K.

SOXHUB Software Comment

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

I love Workstream, the workflow portion of the system. It's interactive and very quick. The process of reviewing tester's work, pushing back comments, updating documents in real-time - it really saved us a lot of time during the testing process. As well as dashboards - we had manually been keeping track of where we were in Excel files. The dashboards available in SOXHUB really gave us a lot of detail in managing the work at year end and allowing us to stay up to date, knowing where we were and what needed to be done. It was very helpful to our external auditors as well. I think Workstream is just wonderful - it really did decrease the amount of work we spent at year end and allowed us some efficiencies in managing our work.

Chris M.

No need for a GRC tool, just SOXhub to manage all SOX compliance.

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

For over a year our Internal Audit team for an oil and gas company was looking to replace our current tool to manage the SOX program. The SOXhub sales team provided a demo that appeared to meet all our requirements. After additional reviews of leading GRC applications, SOXhub came out on top. We were able to implement and go live within 30 days with managing our RCM, process narratives, walkthrough documentation, control certifications and testing to meet all our requirements. There is no need to go with a GRC tool that requires much more configuration if your primary purpose is to drive efficiencies and automate your SOX program. Ongoing enhancements continue to drive value in our investment in SOXhub.

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Farming

Great SOX Management System

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall I am very satistied with AuditBoard and I'm happy we selected it for management of our SOX program.

Pros

AuditBoard's SOXHUB is a great GRC solution for managing a SOX program. It's super easy to manage in all ways, including adding documentation, managing PBC requests, user access, etc. I like that everything is contained within the system, so all documentation is in one place. Being able to manage PBC request within AuditBoard and then link them to the control testing significantly reduces email traffic and makes review and testing more efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to run reporting for exactly what we want, but I think with more experience we will get better at generating reports.

Courtney S.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Sensible Internal Audit Software Solution!

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

It has been really good! They have teams of very helpful staff that are kind to work with.

Pros

The software has been created for use by auditors, so it aligns with practice and fills audit needs. The system well-documents audits from start to finish, provides great oversight and dashboard reporting to audit management, and is continually being improved by the engineer team. They even take user opinions into account quite often. The entire staff has found it intuitive to use and easy to navigate. We love the Controls Module for our SOX control work! Business owners are also complimentary when we roll out automated survey, certifications, PBC requests, etc. The system features can save audit teams time once initial set-up has occurred. It is also reasonably priced. We are very happy with our choice to partner with AuditBoard!

Cons

So far, the Risk Oversight Module that we just recently implemented has been my least favorite piece, but we are still working on it. It seems to have been designed more for Risk Departments and ERM teams, than for audit's risk assessments of their auditable entities. We've lost some features we had in our spreadsheets, but will keep building. Also, the tired pricing of some modules based on the number of controls can make it expensive to set all risks and controls up in the system, but we'd like to be comprehensive.

Kathy H.
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very Good Solution with Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

The AuditBoard team is great to work with and very proactive in assisting customers. They are continuously making enhancements to their products which helps us, as customers, achieve even greater efficiencies with the solution.

Pros

The user interface is intuitive, making it very easy for the end users to complete requirements. The different modules offered can support a company very well. Deployment globally was seamless and the system itself is very responsive (no time lag).

Cons

Design and permission adjustments, while possible, are a bit challenging - expectation is to use the software "out of the box" which might not appeal if a more nuanced or complex approach is needed. The team is supportive in achieving requirements but it's a bit of a lift.