BoardDocs

Governance that benefits the community

4,7
4,7
4,6
4,8
4,8
Ann N.
Industry: Education Management

My experience using BoardDocs has been extremely positive. The software is very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

It provides for a much less stressful work environment especially when preparing for a Board meeting. The district saves money by not having to copy huge amounts of paper for each Board meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the technical support provided by BoardDocs. The Help feature in the software is great and the response time when I call BoardDocs directly with a question is exemplary. I can count on an immediate response. I use both the online Policy and Board Meeting software. I was able to confidently work in the programs almost immediately.

Using BoardDocs has made preparing for Board meetings so much easier and less stressful for me. I'm impressed with the ability to attach all backup documents directly into BoardDocs and to be able to determine who can view which documents. Preparing minutes after Board meetings is also a smooth process. Finally, I believe BoardDocs has made it much more efficient for the Board of School Directors to provide information to the community it serves. Administrators, teachers and community member quickly view Board Policies and review Board meeting agendas and minutes from the district's website via a direct link to BoardDocs.

Reviewing and updating Board policies is very easy and efficient, as well, and again provides a direct link for anyone to review all current policies.

I've worked as the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent for almost 30 years and I can say without hesitation that BoardDocs has been the most useful software I've ever been asked to learn and has saved me the most time and effort in my work day.

Cons

In the 2+ years I've been working in the BoardDocs, I can't think of anything I really don't like about the software

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Ann, it's wonderful to hear that we have helped relieve board meeting related stress! Thank you for sharing this positive and thoughtful review, and for being a valued customer.

Cynthia M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I have found BoardDocs easy to convert to, not only for myself, but for my board and administrators.

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

Ease of prepping the monthly Board agenda and minutes. It saves time and energy - there is no longer a need to spend hours at a copy machine producing the agenda and backup after spending time typing the body of the agenda. The use of BoardDocs also makes for a more efficient board meeting - the boards members have everything they need at their finger tips and do not need to go through reams of papers to find a specific backup item.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It is functional and provides excellent manner to keep accurate records of our board meetings. The search option provides the ability to find previous actions without a hassle. And, the mega search is great when researching policies or those occasional resolutions that are of a different nature.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have ability to do is move attachments into the minutes. I know that the BoardDocs personnel are listening to the field and making adjustments and changes to the functionality of the software and maybe one day this will be one of the new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your positive experience with BoardDocs! It's great to hear that it's made managing board meetings simpler. We really appreciate your feedback and always invite you to provide feature suggestions to our team as we continue to develop our product.

Jody J.

Time saver!

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Creating and editing agendas used to take me much longer. With BoardDocs, creating and editing of agendas is incredibly easy. I like the ability to search (however, the search tool isn't the easiest to then find what you are looking for).

Pros

BoardDocs enables me to quickly and efficiently create, organize, copy and modify my agendas. It also enables me to easily house all past and present agendas so our staff and public can easily view our agendas and minutes. Duplicating past agendas and agenda items is a snap!!

Cons

The cost of the version that allows minutes creation is a bit pricey; however, I've found a pretty easy work-around to creating my minutes. When I first signed up with BoardDocs, customer service was one of the best I'd ever dealt with. In a past couple of years, customer service is definitely not at the same level. Searching past agendas could be streamlined somewhat (like having agenda in order by date).

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for your review, Jody! We're constantly working on product improvements - stay tuned for our upcoming releases!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Linda M.

Used to Review Agenda

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I work at a school and use BoardDocs weekly to go through all of the agenda items before the board meetings. It helps to keep me informed of what is going on around the campus since I can't attend all meetings.

Pros

I like the way I can go in and maneuver around BoardDocs very easily. Sometimes I look category by category but sometimes due to lack of time, I look for specific items and due to the way it is arranged, find what I need quickly.

Cons

Sometimes I don't like what I'm reading but that has more to do with the subject matter and not the product. I can't really think of anything specifically I don't like about the software.

Response from Diligent

Hi Linda, thank you for taking time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs, and that it's made staying informed about important issues facing your school easier. Thanks for being a customer!

Diane M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

BoardDocs is a lifesaver! It streamlines a board meeting agenda building process.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

The ability to create a well organized board meeting from building the agenda to creating the minutes.

Pros

No paper!! I also find the software to be intuitive and not cumbersome. Makes for easier use when creating an agenda. The ability to draft the meeting minutes in BoardDocs is a major plus and time saver!

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for the rave review, Diane! We're so happy that BoardDocs has made the agenda-building and minute-taking process easier for you.

Theresa D.

Just love using BoardDocs

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Just love the paperless agendas and the ease of the public accessing documents.

Pros

The ease of learning to use it and the ease of searching for documents.

Cons

It took a while to learn formatting tables and such.

Response from Diligent

Thank you for sharing, Theresa! It's wonderful to hear that you love using BoardDocs, and that it makes your job easier.

Rochelle F.
Industry: Libraries

Fantastic User Experience

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

BoardDocs provides amazing customer service, training, and user experiences. Overall, I have been very happy to be a subscriber of this software. It has added to our organization an excellent level of security, organization and transparency.

Pros

It is very intuitive and user friendly. As a new employee, I have been able to learn the software quickly and employ new features.

Cons

The word editor is not as effective as I would like.

Response from Diligent

Thanks so much for the review, Rochelle! It's great to hear that BoardDocs has been intuitive and helpful to your organization. Please stay tuned for continued product enhancements and improvements!

Maryann W.
Industry: Higher Education

I went from drudgery to working more efficiently.

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Sanity!

Pros

Easy to use. Organized. Search capability. Paperless. Everything at your fingertips. Workflow/timestamp.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more information transferred to the creation of the minutes for the meeting.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Maryann, we love hearing that BoardDocs has helped you work more efficiently! Thank you for sharing, and for providing valuable constructive feedback about our Minutes feature.

Rocio A.
Industry: Education Management

If you get the basic functions, it does very little

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Not too many

Pros

All Board material could be housed in one software/ data warehouse and it could be easily accessed when needed.

Cons

Unless you have the Pro version, there isn't much that the software offers. But the Pro version is very costly.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Rocio, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We really value your opinion and invite you to share further details with our team so we can better understand how you are using the product, and the features you would like to see.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Priscilla T.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

As a past executive secretary to the school board in St. Charles Parish, I used BoardDocs daily!

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

The software is a tremendous Time savings for my position. The accuracy of voting and record keeping is top quality, the transparent for constituents is absolutely amazing and acceptable. The fact that users submit agenda items with attachments if need be is a plus! Capability of making corrections is a big help to me. . Record keeping is definitely a plus! The customer service is quick and knowledgeable. They are very friendly and efficient with concerns and returning phone calls.

Cons

I can honestly say that since day one of using the board docs software we have had no downtime, no issues, and no major problems . I cannot think of any cons with the software. The annual conference is great but could use more sessions for users with more experience. Otherwise, I have no problems or suggestions for the program. We have implemented almost 99 percent of the software options. Thanks for an amazing service!

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Priscilla, thank you for sharing this review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the BoardDocs product and team.

Renee B.

BoardDocs for Board Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

BoardDocs is a great addition to efficiently run our Board Meetings. The BoardDocs help line is always extremely helpful and efficient with their responses and response time.

Pros

BoardDocs is a user friendly program that allows us to efficiently create meeting agendas. Utilizing the approval tree process, as well as being able to create both draft and template meeting agendas saves time for staff. Using BoardDocs during meetings is an extremely easy and smooth process allowing us the ability to input comments, statements, and questions during the meeting.

Cons

One key feature missing with BoardDocs is the ability to create a template for meeting minutes. Having a customized template when producing minutes would save time and streamline the process for producing meeting minutes.

Donna I.

BoardDocs has been a game-changer for our district. Easy implementation!

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Greater efficiency and organization

Pros

The features and functionality of BoardDocs have exceeded our expectations and needs and have provided efficiencies beyond measure. The development and publishing of agendas and minutes is easy and hassle-free. Last minute changes are a breeze!

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about BoardDocs, and perhaps one of the only things I would change is the ability to quickly see and manage the "people" list and who is assigned to which committees. As we have a large number of committees, it is sometimes important to be able to see who is assigned to which committees overall.

Response from BoardDocs

Donna, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has been a game-changer for your district! Thank you for providing valuable feedback about committee assignments, and for taking time to write a review.

Kathleen H.

BoardDocs is an outstanding tool that is cost effective, time efficient, and provides transparency.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

My favorite thing about BoardDocs is the toolbox provided within the software to run a smooth Board meeting, meet the needs of the Board members, and provide transparency to the community. The "Search" feature is a great tool for use in finding and viewing past Board reports and historical data, which helps Board members have all information needed when making decisions. The "Library" is also an outstanding tool for providing a variety of information to Board members and the public and is unrelated to a Board meeting . Lastly, the ease of uploading information into BoardDocs is simple, efficient and effective, and has reduced the workload of the Board Office Staff.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that search items do not appear in date order. Regardless, it is an outstanding tool and easy to use.

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you Kathleen for this wonderful review! We're happy to hear we've helped make board meeting management more efficient and transparent. We appreciate your feedback about the search functionality and will take it into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Michele D.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

BoardDocs is easy to use and an amazing software that I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Transparency, organizational qualities and paperless are the greatest benefits. By largely cutting back on copy paper, this District saved more than the annual price for the software.

Pros

The agenda planning, policies, linking capabilities and running the meetings have been such a powerful method of staying transparent, efficient and paperless.

Cons

I wish I could say one thing that I liked least, but I don't have anything to share in this category. BoardDocs has definitely made our School District a premier district that demonstrates good management, is organized and effective, user friendly and transparent.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Michele, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has made your school district govern more effectively. Thank you for the 5-star review and for being a valued customer!

Cindy G.

Super Easy BoardDocs!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

BoardDocs is a wonderful service for me as the Executive Secretary who prepares the school board meeting agendas, our Superintendent, our school board members, our employees and the public. It has been a wonderful experience with the best support and ease of use. I plan to keep it for a very long time. The BoardDocs staff is constantly taking requests for improvements and acting on those requests. Super customer service!

Pros

The ease of use of this service is one of my favorite parts. Having everything in one place and paperless are both bonuses!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con. This software has streamlined the advertising process and meetings.

Response from Diligent

We're so glad that BoardDocs has made your life easier, Cindy! Thank you for sharing and for being a customer.

Deborah C.

Absolutely outstanding and a great time saver!

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

That everything for my School Committee meetings are in one easy to find place. It is a great time saver for me and gets information to our School Committee members so much quicker that the old paper way.

Cons

There is actually nothing that I don't like about this software. If I have to find a least favorite item, it would be the minutes feature. It works very well but, personally, I would like more word processing features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Deborah, we're happy to hear BoardDocs has been a helpful time saver! Thank you for your constructive feedback about minutes functionality -- we really value your opinion and will take it into account as we continue to develop our product.

Scott W.
Industry: Public Policy

Great solution getting better

The best service

Pros

Continually approving software. Really attentive to user needs

Cons

Always desire more features. As the platform evolves I think of new needs

Response from Diligent

Hi Scott, thank you for taking time to write a review. We're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs! It would be great to get your input on features you would like to see, so we can take it into consideration as we build out our product road map -- feel free to reach out to our team with any suggestions!

Ruth H.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

BoardDocs is a wonderful product, saving time, money, and resources.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

The return on investment is off the charts!

Pros

It is a very intuitive system making it easy to learn and master. It has saved countless hours creating packets with the workflow feature. The search feature and minutes generation capability are invaluable. The customer service is outstanding!

Response from BoardDocs

Ruth, thank you for the rave review! We're so glad you've had such a positive experience with our product and support team. Thank you for being a customer.

Miriam T.

I love boarddocs!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

I find boarddocs to be very user friendly. Everyone in our school system that uses boarddocs, really likes it. Boarddocs has made preparing a board packet much easier. We are very glad that we went with this company.

Response from BoardDocs

Miriam -- it's great to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs! Thank you for sharing your review.

Maureen R.

My Thoughts on BoardDocs

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Overall, it has been a very positive experience.

Pros

The software is extremely customer friendly.

Cons

I feel there are features that should be included in the software.

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for your review Maureen!

Kendra W.

BoardDocs is AWESOME

Makes my job easier!

Pros

Ease of use, functunality, great conferences

Cons

Can not say anything negative aboutBoard Docs

Response from Diligent

Kendra, thank you so much for the kind words! We love hearing that BoardDocs makes your job easier.

Chenise A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Get this program ASAP!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

This saves me hours of time and makes collaborative agenda preparation very easy!

Pros

Easy to store documents and minutes. Saves you hours of time, money, and PAPER!

Cons

Nothing!!! It's a HUGE timesaver, and it's easy to use!

Response from Diligent

Chenise -- we love to hear that BoardDocs saves you hours of time! Thanks for sharing your review and for being a customer.

Jennifer W.

BoardDocs is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

One place to create, edit, and house all board documents. Their customer service is amazing!

Cons

Sometimes the interface is a little difficult to navigate

Response from Diligent

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs.

Regina R.

Very efficient

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

Our district uses this software to organize School Board policies and meeting minutes. It is very easy to look up and locate polices as well as keep up with board meeting and upcoming changes.

Cons

Wish there was a mobile version. It doesn't work to well on an Ipad or tablet.

Response from Diligent

Regina -- thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that BoardDocs has made your board processes more efficient. Please know that we are looking to improve our mobile experience in the future -- thank you for the feedback!

Gail B.

Board Doc Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Cutting and Pasting
Agenda development

Cons

No spell check
No auto correct feature

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for your review, Gail!