NinjaRMM

The Easiest-to-Use Unified Endpoint Management Platform

Nick R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Excellent RMM software, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Our overall experience of NinjaRMM is massively positive. The platform has enabled us as an MSP to fully manage all our clients patching and asset management needs.

Pros

Excellent portal interface, that is so clear and concise for everyone to use. The patch management and asset information is top notch. The features and functionality of the platform are also superb and always being added to.

Cons

Nothing, the platform works so much better than the RMM software we replaced.

Brian O.

Excellent RMM for newcomers and experienced in the industry

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

The team at NinjaRMM is truly dedicated to providing a world-class RMM and experience for MSP's and ITSP's using it. The team goes out of its way to assist when needed, even getting their engineers involved if a partner need's more technical help. I would recommend and continue work with NinjaRMM to grow our IT services business.

Pros

First is its ease of use to setup and organize for different clients. The learning curve is very minimal if you're experienced with systems administration tools. I found NinjaRMM to be quite easy to configure patching & scripting, as well as deploy its Webroot integration. NinjaRMM's customer support team is dedicated to helping make NinjaRMM both priced right and function well for your needs.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lowly NMS (network management system) agent. I refer to lowly because it's a functional but early-stage NMS solution in contrast to an Auvik or Domotz. However, at Ninja's price-point for some basic network monitoring, this agent works well.

Christopher S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Ninja saved us time by simplifying our MSP workflow

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

The thing I liked most about Ninja was that coming from our old RMM platform (Centrastage aka AutoTask Endpoint Management, aka Datto RMM) was that you did not need to have a tech spend days reading documentation on setup best practices and then commit weeks to redeployment. When you login to NinjaRMM for the first time the website walks you through the basic setup of your account, clients, etc. When done that walkthrough you are ready to start using Ninja but with just two clicks you can easily hop over to the settings page and customize things even further. That ease of implementation made our switch to NinjaRMM go so smoothly and quickly that we finished account setup and transfer of all clients in less time than planned for!

Cons

The thing I like least about Ninja is they do not have an Android mobile app at the moment (Nov 2019) only a iOS app. Being able to check system health/status and run tasks from mobile on Android would be wonderful. That said they very well may have an Android app in development and being that Android holds a majority market share it seems unlikely that Ninja won't eventually release an Android mobile app.

Gary B.

Ninja meets all requirements

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I support about 100 desktops and 5 servers with Ninja. It’s my lifeline to my clients and saves me untold hours by not having to go onsite and by automating many routines.

Pros

The interface is what I like best. It is clean and easy to navigate, even though there are a lot of features. You can choose to stay simple on the surface or go deeper for more tools.

Cons

I wish they had more routine training for the more complex aspects of the program. There’s a lot to learn that would help me but I need some hand holding!

Bill L.

Simple & Powerful

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

NinjaRMM has helped us keep on top of the status of all our Windows systems. It does this with a simple and intuitive interface.

Pros

This product is simple and intuitive. Yet despite the simplicity, it is also very powerful. I have confidence that I know the status of all our Windows systems. I am able to remotely connect and manage our systems quickly and easily. Patch management is fairly straight forward to configure and monitor.

Cons

The product isn't quite the "single pain of glass" dashboard that I would like it to be. The SNMP support for monitoring network devices doesn't give one the needed in-site into standard network devices.
Another weakness is the inability to group devices within sites.
One other item that could be improved is to add the ability to send alerts to different emails, based on status.

Kevin D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

We are fortunate as an MSP to have implemented NinjaRMM as our network device monitoring...

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

The ability to proactively manage our Customer's network infrastructure with confidence.

Pros

To be a good MSP, good tools must be available. Those tools must be accurate, cost-effective and of course, easy to learn. Ease-of-use and customizable policies for device management and alerting are two of the features/benefits that stand out with this product vs. the competition. Being able to reliably and proactively monitor/remediate Windows/MAC and SNMP devices is the fundamental goal of our MSP relationship with our customers and NinjaRMM makes that possible in a cost-effective solution.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed and customizable reporting options, such as the ability to create a custom report that will list any of the metrics I choose from the collected data.
Also, I would like to see integration with more mainstream antivirus solutions.

Response from NinjaRMM, LLC

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words. We are restructuring some of our data on the backend to make it more accessible for reporting. This is a little bit involved and we'll let you know when we are close to new reporting features. Thanks again for being a partner!

-Andy

Jay C.
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Ninja RMM for use with Internal Infrastructure.

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

I used Ninja RMM working for an MSP, and then I left to create and run an internal IT department. my first recommendation was to use software to keep track of and monitor all computers from a single web based interface, as such Ninja was my only choice. they were happy to help me onboard a single company as I think at the time they weren't really marketing to single client departments. i have nothing but positives for the software, the customer service team and the Dojo, where most of my questions are already answered.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, and amazing at monitoring all of my IT assets and network. the integration with Webroot, TeamViewer, Splash-top and Sherpa make it an integral part of my IT kit, in any company I work for.

Cons

there is a bit of over complication with scripting, but its something that doesn't have to be used.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use RMM software that checks all the boxes

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Ninja has helped us take control of our remote assets as well as internal assets. It makes it easy to remotely connect to a computer and deploy software with ease.

Pros

The software is easy to use and deploy. Allows remote connectivity and monitoring of many assets, even if they don't reach the domain often.

Cons

I would like to see a set storage place where programs and scripts could be placed. Instead, I link to Dropbox or Onedrive to deploy programs

Adam C.

Solid product that just works. Doesn't try to be overly fancy or complicated.

Reviewed on 2018/02/24

Makes managing client servers and workstations much easier than our last RMM platform. The Integration with TeamViewer is top-notch and works almost like it's part of the product.

Pros

We like the simple and easy to navigate interface. When testing the product compared to other RMM platforms, we noticed right away the difference in how simplified Ninja was and it didn't take us 10 minutes clicking on ten sections and five sub-sections before we found the setting we were looking for.

Cons

The product does lack some features, and as new features are added it does take away some of the easy-to-use nature of the interface. Hopefully Ninja will be able to balance the addition of new features (which it does need to remain competitive) with maintaining a clean interface. Thus far, they've done a pretty decent job, but that may be due to the product still being fairly spartan compared to the bigger players in the industry. Fortunately for us, we did not need all of the extra bells and whistles the big guys have. Those extra features don't come cheap, either.

Response from NinjaRMM

Thank you for the review Adam, we will do our best to be the best RMM on the market. Please send any feedback related to features to [email protected]

Donald M.

Fantastic Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

NinjaRMM has been fantastic. It easily allows me to set policies for windows upgrade, software upgrades and installs, regular "house cleaning", common scripts and even customizable scripts. I like having everything I need on one dashboard, it allows me to spot trends as well as quickly diagnose issues. I love being able to access machines remotely in emergency situations. (aka when I forget my laptop.) I strongly recommend it to all my IT friends and have demoed it more than a few times to them.

Pros

I love being able to spot trends with the machines, but the number one thing is just the amount of time it saves me. I know some people love overtime, but I would rather spend some time with my family then mundane and monotonous tasks. The NinjaRMM tool lets me do that whether that is at home or using that time saved on more constructive projects.

Cons

The one thing I would add is that the back button should work. Either that or NinjaRmm should add one because it would make moving around alot easier. Granted with the 4.5 release there is now a favorites list which is really handy because of the lack of a back button.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Ninja helped us bring automation to IT Ops

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

NinjaRMM has helped us bring automation to our team and cut back on the man hours of patching our devices. It gives us a quick overview of the health status of our devices. We are able to bring more automation with the script library and hope to roll out event-driven scripts to solve some of our recurring issues.

Pros

This product was designed cloud first in mind. Many other products I looked at required the use of on-site servers. Ninja has Mac and Windows support with Linux on the road map. Supporting all the major OS' that we run. The Patch management in Windows and third-party patching has saved us many man hours of our regular patching.

Cons

no Mobile App as of right now. It's on the road map but this would be super nice to have as my team is always on the move with a mobile device.

Rudy M.

NinjaRMM is the best of RMM's!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I have been able to focus on bigger task without having to worry about patching and network connectivity loss. To get notified immediately when a server is off-line is exactly what I need. Not to mention the amount of smooth selling our clients receive. The positive comments coming back from our clients is enough for us to stay with Ninja.

Pros

I have been using the NinjaRMM for several months now and am always excited about the updates to improve the use of it. I have not been disappointed at all in their patch management. NinjaRmm is user friendly and the product is very reliable. As an MSP, we are always busy multitasking, it is awesome to have a reliable software to care for our clients. Love the real live updates for the workstations and Servers.

Cons

There is nothing really to dislike about NinjaRMM. I would like to suggest that within the app that there are more options to do things as you can in the web interface

Exceptional RMM

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Ninja team is one exceptional group of professionals who will do anything to make you happy and they sincerely want to help you when you need help. NinjaRMM helped us A LOT since we started using it 2 and some years ago. Warm recommendation.

Pros

UI is excellent, everything is intuitive and easy to find. Managing clients' devices is easy and fast. The policy manager allows customization and reports are spot on.

Cons

There were some issues with TV integration, however it was TV issue, not Ninjas. The mobile app needs some more functionalities.

David S.

Extremely easy to use. Great support community. Tons of development and updates. Streamlined.

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

I can manage my clients easily and quickly

Pros

I love how fast the response is whenever I have a question. Their support docs and videos are stellar. Great involvement with the community and listens to MSP feedback. Great pricing and you can scale easily. Great integrations with current solutions.

Cons

I have yet to have a con with not only the software but with the company. If I had to come up with something it would be more of a feature request (which by the way is on 2018 road map!) Keep up the great work!

Response from NinjaRMM

Hi David, thank you for the great review! You can submit feature requests in our community or directly at [email protected]

Boris B.

A global view of the customer system

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Automatic patching allows us to keep customers' computer system up to date

Pros

Ninja allows us to have a global vision of our customers’ systems.

Cons

The translation of the interface into French is not perfect.

Jason D.

By far the best RMM system currently available.

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

Its beautiful & intuitive. Fully SaaS. Easy to use. Excellent automation functionality. We're currently using Ninja to automatically detect/remediate a whole host of issues!

Cons

Control of Mac endpoints is not currently on-par with Windows machines, but I'm told this is on the roadmap!

Response from NinjaRMM, LLC

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your kind words. We're hard at work to provide you with the next great release :).

Andy

Jeremy H.

Great New RMM

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Overall, I'm very happy to have switched to NinjaRMM. My staff and I have been thrilled with the experience and the open nature of the NinjaRMM team. We feel like we have a partner that listens to our concerns and ideas and that is very important.

Pros

Onboarding a new employee - In the past, the unnecessary complexity of our RMM tool made it more difficult for new technicians to get comfortable. Ninja's easy to use interface along with their 1 on 1 training for new technicians really helps get our guys running.

Managing the RMM Tool - Previous RMMs took many hours each week to babysit functions to make sure their were completing successfully. With Ninja they just work. In addition, there is less hardware internally to manage and upgrade.

Cons

There are a few features that I hoped were implemented; however, I know they are on the horizon.

Remote File and Registry explorer would be nice to have. ConnectWise Integration needs some changes for ticket updates. BrightGauge integration would be really nice for enhancing our heads up displays and reporting.

Chris G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great RMM Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

It has been great. The implementation team, the support, and ease of use while getting great information on all our servers and workstations is top notch.

Pros

Easy to use, tons of features, great cost, great implementation team, great support, and wonderful community

Cons

They could use a stand alone iPad app, but hardly a deal breaker.

Ken C.

2 year customer, Rough start as the company was just starting but they now have it together.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

more time to grow my business

Pros

Remotely manage and monitor customers computers and push software to customer, and the patch management keeps my customers uptodate.

Response from NinjaRMM, LLC

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to keep delivering features the community wants.

-Andy

James T.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Waterloo Air Products Plc

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

A great tool, cannot fault it. Has massively helped me in managing end point security and patches and the remote access splashtop streamer tool is excellent. Highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use, visibility of all hardware is great, patch management and security is awesome, remote tools extremely helpful

Cons

I honestly cannot fault the software at all. It did everything I needed and more!

Navdeep B.

Someone who understands RMM

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

Fast Fast and more Fast.
Love how quick it is to do anything. speed is very important when you are dealing with customers who need quick resolution. Search is great and the speed with which it works is Amazing.
Easy to deploy. so quick and easy no other RMM agent i have used is this quick.
Minimal footprint on the devices and not sowing down any devices.
Easy to manage policies, completely customisable to the device level.
Great Integration with Teamviewer.
Windows update management great.
Scripting Library is great, easy to create scripts and use on the devices.

Great Support team.

Cons

Software inventory is great in Ninja but reporting could be better but the Support team have taken my feedback and working on it already.

James A.

Ninja RMM, a solid product.

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

Simple and effective with excellent account and technical support. I was on the fence for years about embracing the MSP model and RMM software and so far I could not be happier with my choice to move forward with Ninja and their integrated Teamviewer, and Webroot AV and DNS filtering.

Cons

Not much to put here, only very minor issues or feature requests that they are happy to address.

Jeremy A.

NinjaRmm is a lifesaver

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

Single pane of glass but way easier and nicer interface than Kaseya.

Cons

NO robust mobile app yet. However, you can use your mobile browser. Remove control to clients pc's works from mobile.

Leon P.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

invaluable software

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Don’t know what I would do without this! Has changed the way I manage the network, increased speed at which I can offer support, maintain integrity and security across the network.

Pros

Simple to use but feature rich.
Haven’t had enough time yet to discover everything it is capable of, but the user interface is easy to navigate and simple to use.
Also great support & the Dojo (forum / help area / community) is super useful.

Cons

Yet to find anything that I dislike about the Ninja

• Used Other for Free Trial

Getting better all the time

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

Once this product reaches a certain level, I will be hard-pressed not to switch to it. They're on the right track for sure.

Cons

Lacking some features that my business requires.