SoGoSurvey

Customer and employee experience management platform.

Cindy H.
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used Other for 1+ year

User Friendly Software and Responsive Company

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

SoGoSurvey has exceptional customer service!!! This is the biggest reason I would choose to use SoGoSurvey. I LOVE the ease of building surveys, saving questions to use later, copying surveys to use again with minor edits, testing surveys, and looking at survey results. With the free non-profit upgrade we are able to get all the survey results we need to help our organization improve and meet the needs of our community. Downloading survey results is easy and the format of the results makes it easy to evaluate our results. Having used this survey company for a little more than a year, currently I have no reason to look for another survey company to use.

Pros

Being able to save questions in a question bank, copy surveys to re-use after editing, and reviewing the survey before sending are wonderful features. I can send test surveys to others for review as well. Free upgrade for non-profit does increases our survey limit so we don't worry about losing survey results because we reached our limit. Customer service is the best with responses almost the minute you ask for help!!! This is huge for me! I hate waiting day(s) to get answers to solve problems I may encounter. I haven't had very many problems with SoGoSurvey, so I don't contact them often, but the few times I have, they have always responded promptly. We can download all the results we need, no need to print it all up in order to share with members of our organization.

Cons

Getting a QR code was not as intuitive as SurveyMonkey, but their customer service easily bypassed this problem. The benefits of SoGoSurvey heavily outweigh the few things I liked slightly better about SurveyMonkey. The first year we applied for the free upgrade we needed to provide a review of their product. Because we had not used them before this was a problem, but the company was willing to work with us on this so that we could provide an honest review.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Cindy, thank you for such a thorough review! We are so happy to support non-profits like yours.

I have passed along your accolades to our support team. I know they will be very appreciative! :)

Jeremy B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

We love SoGoSurvey and use it almost exclusively now

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

We love SoGo so much we came back to it after about a year of limping along with Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. We are glad we're back as accountholders!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is feature-rich and has top-notch reporting tools. It's UI is very simple and modern, and it's actually enjoyable to build surveys and forms with their software.

Cons

The email templates are still limited, so if you use them instead of your native client, you may find them lacking. We don't use them most of the time.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Online survey tool that relies on most other competitors for it's product features

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Good for use, heavy on pockets!

Pros

Customer support is the main thing that I can talk about this survey software.
There are a bunch of people who constantly reply to our queries and issues, and get them fixed at high priorities when required.
The overall user interface is decent, although, it cannot be compared to the other brands.
It provides a wide variety of functionalities and tools and thus seems really great as and overall application. (All under one roof).
However, this sometimes looks densely populated when you are looking for one specific function and you have a lot of ways to do the same thing.
Creating and distributing surveys is the most basic part, but the reporting features makes the application really stand out!

Cons

It copies a lot of other survey tools and tries to replicate their premium functionalities.
The product management team seems to be pretty ordinary with their thinking and cannot go out of the box to widen the scopes of this application.
The tools are way too expensive and no comments on how their overall performance or scalability measures are!

Twila C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Student Survey Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

To be determined after the research product is completed.

Pros

Simple, easy to use interface for the end user. Somewhat more complicated for the designer. Support is great and the demo is very helpful. Limit on HTML character is difficult to get around but can be done.

Cons

Eliminate the limit o the HTML characters and allow anonymity of IP addresses for research-oriented products.

Athena C.
  • Industry: Market Research

Sogosurvey: a life saver for all researchers

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Overall, ive used this survey platform for almost 2 years, and have designed many survey forms with sogosruvey, i can proudly say that it has saved me so much time. It only took me a day to design my questionnaire, distribute it via link, and all i had to do was sit back and wait for responses. I could see how many responses were made and i could also see which day the respondents completed the questionnaires. exporting the data was extremely easily, it cut my workload in half, i dont think i can say the same for other survey platforms. I have recommended Sogosurvey to many other research mates and they have all thanked me for it. and now i'd like to thank sogosurvey!

Pros

I absolutely loved the fact that it is so easy to navigate around. Everything you needed was there in the same page. I also love the level of customization sogosurvey offered, there are ready made templates that could be chosen for the convenience of the users. In comparison to other online survey platforms, i found that Sogosurvey extremely time saving, to make further changes and modifications to your questionnaire literally take only minutes to complete. I have had my respondents and other fellow research mates telling me how neat the survey form was. It could be easily viewed in a mobile, a tablet anywhere. I especially liked the "smartness" of the software. It catered to every need i wanted. I could also track the responses i had from my respondents, like how many was done on a particular day. which was so convenient! Last but not least, i cannot stress enough on how good the software was in terms of data exportation. I was surprised on how neat and organized all the data was in one excel sheet. Absolutely in LOVE.

Cons

I think the free package given was a little to basic. There was too little options for a new user to play around with. The free package offered could not justify half the greatness the software actually have with a paid package. I think this can be improved with a little bit more options, especially the question options. so that there is a good and satisfactory preview of how the survey will look like. One more thing, i think the instructions and video tutorials would be nice if they were more precise, as a new user, it could be difficult to navigate around looking for things you need as it takes some time to get used to. I would also like it if i could see who has responded to my questionnaire and when they responded.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Athena,

We thank YOU for your kind and thorough review. I've shared your feedback with our development team as well they never tire of compliments about their 'smartness.' :)

Cheers to successful research!

Athena C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Postgraduate's lifesaver

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

As a researcher, i always found that data collection as well as analysis was always the most tedious thing in research, and i have always dreaded the process. However, it all turned around when i came across SogoSurvey. I actually get excited to further explore Sogosurvey. I read the reviews, and have heard good comments from fellow friends in the research field. Everyone recommends it! Though i have only tried the free basic package only, it was good enough to get me hooked on the ease of the whole thing and ultimately willing to get the plus or pro package. I absolutely love the customer support, i have never gotten such good and quick help from customer support in other survey platforms. I am extremely relieved that i came across Sogosurvey, after trying other survey platforms, i definitely choose Sogosurvey in a heartbeat!

Pros

I really liked that everything could be found in that page alone, rather than having to navigate from pages to pages like other survey tool that i have tried. The level of customization and user friendliness is astounding. I absolutely love that everything could only be a click away. I believe that it saves a lot of time, as it does not take long to watch the video tutorials and wait forever for the customer technical support to reply. I could get my questionnaires done and sent out in a day if i wanted to! I absolutely love the customer technical support. they take literally seconds to reply and provide you with helpful and precise instructions and solutions. The data exports and reports are great too, one need not worry about exporting reports and questionnaires, the formats and what not as they are easily done only a click away in a wide variety of export formats, which does not pose as a problem at all!

Cons

I've only tried the free basic package and i found that the free features given were a little too limited.

Stephanie K.

Great experiences with SoGo Survey!

Reviewed on 2016/02/22

To finish my study of animal sciences, I am writing a master thesis on the subject of 'Parasite management in Austrian sheep production'. Me and my supervisors decided to distribute a online questionnaire to sheep breeders in Austria. The reasons were the easier and safer distribution compared to dispatch by mail, and the fact that I don't have to digitalise it myself to transfer them into the program for statistical analysis.
I have been searching for a online survey tool for months, but none of the providers I found, could suit my requirements. One the one hand, the software should allow me to create a professional questionnaire although I am technically not advanced. The more professional and reliable a survey is, the more the respondents are encouraged to answer all questions, I think.
On the other hand, I am a student with limited budget and my thesis is not part of a big university project, so my department does not pay for the subscripition fee. The costs for the software therefore should be preferably free.
Most of the providers (SurveyMonkey, umfrageonline.de, etc) have free trials, but the upgrades are mostly expensive. The fees per month are not affordable for me, and the billing for every response seems counterproductiv, because I want to get as many responses as possible, and can`t pay for every single one, due to my limited student's budget.
After I was really desperate on the search for a provider meeting my requirements, one of my colleagues recommended me SoGo Survey, because they offer a professional account for students for free. My colleague had positive experiences with the software. I was very happy and immediatly signed up for the basic account. I began to create my questionnaire, and found out that the tool is easy to use, the result looks very professional, even suitable for academic interests. An additional feature that I couldn't find at any other survey software, is to run reports on the responses. This is interesting during the survey, and will also be useful for the statistical analysis afterwards. Furthermore, the data can be exported easily to excel, csv, xml or spss, word or html!
I am glad to use SoGo Survey and looking forward to distribute my questionnaire and get lots of responses! I highly recommend SoGo Survey for everyone, especially for students like me. Thanks to http://www.sogosurvey.com/ !!
Stephanie Koller
Master Student at University of Applied Life Sciences Vienna

Miguel V.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Best tool for gathering surveys and producing charts/graphs/reports

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

My experience was great. I did a lot of my data gathering through surveys conducted with SoGoSurvey and the software organized my data into great charts/graphs/reports that I could simply copy and paste or download into my dissertation. It made presenting my data and analyzing my data so much easier than if I had to do a lot of this with an additional program. The program also had the safeguards needed to prevent duplicate entries and other factors that would affect the reliability of the data collection process. Overall I was very satisfied with SoGoSurvey and would use them again in a heartbeat for any project that required surveys or data collection.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software was that it could actually do everything I needed it to do. I had to get a premium package but it was well worth the investment to have software that could accomplish everything I wanted for my Doctoral Dissertation. I evaluated several other software packages and this was the one that was easiest to use and did exactly what it said it did.

Cons

I didn't find missing features, what I did find is that as with any software there is a learning curve. You have to learn how to do what you want to do with the software. The great aspect of the premium package was that it came with tech support and when I got stuck I would send an email and get a response pretty quickly. The helpdesk was always able to direct me to the right menu or option to accomplish what I wanted to do. My advice is spend some time learning the software and playing with the options before you actually engage in your actual project. It will help you a lot in using the software.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Thank you so much for the thorough and kind review, Miguel! We are here for all your future survey needs. :)

Vithawat S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My SoGoSurvey

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Hello, I'm a graduate student. Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University Must have a thesis for graduation And my thesis requires a questionnaire to collect data In the first part, the general questionnaire will be made. But the advisor recommends doing an online questionnaire to gain access to a new generation Convenient and very cost effective No need to move data from paper to the computer, reduce data errors significantly.
Then find out what kind of online questionnaire to use. Have tried using many websites that are available But enough that each website Will have different advantages or disadvantages Like the look of the questionnaire, not attracting to do Or not, can show some image Until a friend suggested Sogosurvey found that the external image was beautiful Attract people to do it. Can change many image styles Can add many features Until able to tell that the Sogosurvey will be a very good online questionnaire Very suitable for me Making research much easie
Would like others to try and like it like me

Cons

The questionnaire cannot be created directly in Thai. Must be created in English first

Response from SoGoSurvey

Vithawat,

We are so glad that your research was made easier with SoGoSurvey and that you were able to take advantage of our versatile design features.

Thank you for leaving a review!

Dena B.

SoGo Survey is great for collection of information across our constituent base.

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

The ease of use customizing the surveys and the ease of dowloading results to word or excel. You can manipulate the information for any purpose needed. The fact that you can delete the information after you have retrieved saves a lot of confusion.

Cons

The fact that we don't get notifications when new surveys are received. It would be very helpful if there were notifications and not have to check SoGo Survey for new answers to surveys when they are received.

Carole K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The use of SogoSurvey is more expandable and with more accessories.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

It has brought me certain benefits apart from the graphics and results, since I have managed to obtain a way of working each survey, making it much more diverse and attractive for each client.

Pros

I like that SogoSurvey is a platform that focuses on trying to provide a pleasant understanding to the client or consultant, in this way to better understand each result obtained.

Cons

I have no complaints about SogoSurvey, since its implementation, each of the features has been excellent, has not given me any error and no inconvenience.

Rohit D.

Wonderful and easiest survey software to use

Reviewed on 2017/10/21

Pros

I would recommend SogoSurvey software to everyone as it is easy to use, provides a student license as well, wherein almost every feature is available for free and the customer service experience is second to none. Specifically, designing the survey seems extremely easy using SoGo survey as there are multiple question options given in the simplest possible manner. I had been struggling to design a thorough survey and SoGo survey solved my issues. I would wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone out there.

Cons

The student license expires after a certain period, which is not exactly a minus point given that its the only software around that gives out a free package.

Jim L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

SoGoSurvey is AWESOME

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

It worked well, was convenient, and help is available at almost all hours.

Pros

The flexibility and the support are awesome - you could not really do any better. They are especially good when it comes to students conducting research.

Cons

Nothing really - you get what you pay for with the online survcey tool companies; however, with SoGoSurvey you get more bang for your buck.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Jim, thanks for the note. We're so grateful for our support team as well -- they work tirelessly so the rest of us can focus on increasing that bang! :)

Lisa R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product, easy to use, great and fast support

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

When I started with writing my Master Thesis, I already knew from a very early stage on that I needed to conduct a survey. Therefore I checked different providers and finally decided to go for SoGoSurvey. What was really crucial was the ease of use: the video tutorials explain from beginning on how to start, and when you start working, the self-explaining functions make you continue and finalize the survey pretty fast. What I especially appreciate is the fast customer support - of course sometimes I needed some help and even with the time difference in Europe, I was supported within minutes or few hours!! I would really recommend the product for the nice style, easy handling and functions!! SoGoSurvey was recommended to me by friends, and I will also recommend the product to other friends.

Pros

I like most the different functions - every question type can be presented as desired - from skip logic, to branching and simple yes/no questions. Further, no technical expertise is needed due to the videos and great support. Also, the possibility of making the survey in English and German are great to offer my survey to an even greater audience.

Cons

I could not immediately find the function to insert text pages, but even that was solved after contacting SoGoSurvey Support. Some functions are only available to pro versions - but the price is reasonable!

Boris D.

Dynamic and Simple Survey tool: SoGo survey

Reviewed on 2016/05/30

I am currently a Master's student and need to conduct different types of surveys. I have used many survey tools prior to using SoGo. Each one had their share of pros and cons. Recently I was recommended by my colleague to try out the SoGo survey tool.

Initially I was a bit apprehensive to try out a new survey tool after using different ones before. But this suggestion turned out to be very helpful. The sign-up process is easy and quick. Also there is an online tutorial to guide beginners at the start on how to create surveys and how to use the wide array of functions to the full extent.

Next once you begin, it has a very user-friendly interface which helps the user. Additionally you can find a variety of survey templates which can act as a valuable guide in the creation of different surveys. Also customization along the way is made simpler. Further once the data sample is collected, the analysis is made easier with SoGo's dynamic graphs and thus lot of time is saved.

Though many survey tools are available online, SoGo provides many diverse and vibrant features which are not available elsewhere. Lastly if you are a student, you also get entitled to a free license for 1 year.

I would recommend everyone SoGo survey as the go-to survey tool for all their needs. This survey tool is also recommended to organisations and businesses as their pricing is quite reasonable.

Khulood A.

great experience

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

Pros

I like the design of the website and the way we can work on it . and it was easy to distribute the survey in several ways. I enjoyed the great fun of working on this site. I also heard about the different tools that made the questionnaire distinctive. I will like to use this website in my all research and assignment during my three left semesters at Zayed University, and I will advise my friends and college mate to use it also. This website encourages the student to well done their assignment in professional and academic style. love this website a lot.

Cons

I find it defect to collect Data its need to well understand and it takes a lot of time for me to understand the process of collecting Data after the distribution of the survey. Also we send the survey to many people and for example we send it to time I don't find I way to delete the extra one, so it will be better if an option added which about if the survey sent out before to the same email it cant send again so we will not be chosen to send it by mistake twice to same people.

Jessica S.

Perfect for Academic Research and Correlation Studies

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I am currently working on a research project using SoGoSurvey. I am working on my Masters in Music Education and my research involves studying the early music experiences of people and whether this has an impact on their music experience as adults. My research involves correIlation survey data and I have found SoGoSurvey to be perfect to design my study to allow for this type of research and analysis.

I have tried several other platforms and have not been satisfied with them - either the price point is way too high or it's free but there are not enough features for what I need. I love that with SoGo you can just drag and drop the type of question, reorder them, and edit them at any time. They had every option I needed to design my survey and more.

I'm using a combination of single answer, multiple answer, open-ended, and rated survey questions and I have loved how easy it has been to design these. You can do it really quickly and I am also impressed with how professional the interface is. I'll be in the peer review stage of my study much earlier than expected thanks to finding SoGoSurvey!

Hugh G.

First things first - the survey and its data

Reviewed on 2014/07/04

In the last couple of years there have been many different online survey providers emerge. As a doctoral researcher into online media, it was really important to find one that not only had a rich feature set, but also a survey tool that didn't make the provider more prominent than the survey.

Although very early days in my own use of the product, SoGoSurvey has a full feature set that outstrips many of its competitors. It also advertises Google Analytics integration for adding further value to the resulting data-set and holds the necessary TRUSTe certificates for data protection compliance - something that is absolutely essential in the professional and academic research environment.

Based on my own very basic trial of the product, it appears to be an excellent alternative to Survey Monkey and with a fantastic promise of email support. It promises to provide a really flexible and responsive system with some key features to support the survey process and its responses.

It's too early for me to give a very detailed review but their website has a great checklist of the available features and it's easy to trial to see whether it meets your specific needs.

Nila W.

Value for Money survey

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

- Complete features: I went to several survey providers and found SoGo provide great navigation to do branching and skip logic, just what I need on scenario-based survey. I also can embed video and picture beside narrative scenarios. All in one package.
- The pricing plan: Pricing for students is affordable (I can say value-for-money), unlimited questions, unlimited responses, and embed multimedia
- Responsive and helpful customer support

Cons

- Not so intuitive for first time user
- Auto translation: Although it offers auto translation on many languages, I don't think the service is satisfactory. Better hold on this features until it is ready.

Lana H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Efficient, effective and user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

We have always had great experiences when using SoGo surveys.

Pros

The support team at SoGo survey are fantastic! Always a quick turn around and clear responses to any questions or queries.
The ease and ability to track survey uptake and results while live.
The ease at which data can be retrieved and the template reports enable effective interpretation of the results.

Koichi S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Free Account Great for Small Surveys

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

With the limited number of response types available with the free plan (e.g., simple multiple choice with radio buttons, check box or drop-down; short answer; essay), I could only make a basic survey. The reason why I still used SoGoSurvey was that it offered the two features I really needed: (1) branching and (2) custom pages. Since the free plan only allowed one branching per survey, I couldn't make it super-personalized, but still it was a good addition and improvement to my survey. Custom pages allowed me to start with a welcome greeting and basic instructions for the survey as well as a thank you page. One feature I really liked that I didn't expect in the free plan was the "piping" feature that takes the participant's own response from the previous question and inserts it into the text in the following question. The "piping" user interface was simple and user-friendly. I am excited to find out what more useful features may be available after upgrading my account.

Pros

Overall easy user interface based on drag-and-drop. The "linking" feature that allows the respondent to skip to the relevant question based on his/her response. The "piping" feature that takes the respondent's own response from the previous question and automatically inserts it in the text of the next question.

Cons

With the free plan, it is limited to one "linking" per survey. The limited number of response types with the free plan.

Shakirah S.

Hats off to SoGo Survey

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Great interface with an excellent customer support. In addition to that, SoGo Survey provides one-year free subscription to the students.

Pros

It is easy to create survey instrument with different option of designs available

Cons

I find it difficult to change the numbering of my questions to meet my requirement. Or perhaps I did not explore enough.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Thank you, Shakirah! Hats off to you for exploring our various design options! :)

Marllos P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I selected SogoSurvey after a comprehensive search of survey platforms. It won in all aspects!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

It made possible to deliver my survey questions to users from different places in a easy and quick way. Thanks SogoSurvey!

Pros

The richness of features available, even for student accounts. The easiness to build and put the survey to run. The intuitive user interface, both for who set up the survey as for who answers it.

Cons

It is not a major drawback, but the lack of a feature on the student account to clone the user's answers already received along with a clone of the survey questions.

Peter H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent product for my PhD Research

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Pros

Functionality and reliability of the product is well suited to undertaking a long term University Research project.

Cons

Inability to download data into a more modern version of Excel. This results in numbers being exported as text and into multiple sheets which requires manual work at my end.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very Good Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

It provides multiple products for individual and enterprise levels across fields and functions. These surveys enable people to boost analytics.

Pros

This software builds the world's best feedback platform to power the world's smartest decisions. I was able to create surveys which means the requirements of design, distribution, reporting and data management. It has real-time feedback through notifications form the email.

Cons

I still have not figured out any cons. this software is pretty much flawless. I think it is better to mention the name of the person who created the survey in the bottom left corner.

Response from SoGoSurvey

We are so grateful for your review. It is particularly rewarding to receive such positive feedback from large organizations like yours. Keep your eyes peeled for even more enterprise-grade releases to come!