Showing 92 reviews of 82

Showing 92 reviews of 82
Tamara B.

Miva Merchant Support

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

We have been using Miva Shopping chart for over a decade but just recently started using them as our webhost. We have been very pleased with their support team. The team is attentive and knowledgeable. They work quickly to resolve issues . This fact is very important to small internet store owners.

Pros

Miva's ability to sync with QB's and ShipWorks is a valued feature. We just could not process our orders as efficiently without it.

Cons

It has been a challenge to get accustomed to each new upgrade. Each one comes with it's own learning curve and it can be time consuming for small business owners to understand. That said, the upgrade from Miva 5.5 to 9 was seamless.

Jake C.

Amazing eCommerce Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

One of the best ecommerce software experiences out there.

Pros

-Ease of use, allows us to save time onboarding new employees
-Flexibility for complex implementations is present
-Very developer-friendly platform
-Plugin implementation is easy and the selection is outstanding
-Customer support has been top-notch, nothing to complain about there
-Has improved our efficiency, especially so w/ the sync of ShipWorks

Cons

To be nitpicky, there are some tasks within Miva that seem to be made harder than they should be. Miva is constantly being updated, so we've seen positive changes in a number of these areas - so have to credit them for that. The upgrades might add a little bit of difficulty to the learning curve, but overall we enjoy those updates.

I am not a computer expert, but customer service agent was patient and gave me excellent...

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

It's easy to make sales through my web site. They have good SEO.

Pros

Easy to list new products and to change details about existing products. Customer service has always been helpful with any questions.

Pretty powerful eCommerce tool with some learning curve. Bit pricey for small business owners.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pretty nice set of features that cover a broad range of business needs for eCommerce.

Pros

Impressive list of functionality, especially in the introductory pricing packages. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it from the administrator's perspective but has quite a bit to offer in terms of features and functionality, including B2B capabilities.

Cons

The pricing model could use a little review and the ability to use it for a trial period is not very inviting and too limiting.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Miva's customer service gets 5 stars!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I have had a few issues and they are great at responding and following up to my and my team's requests. We are able to add a lot of customizations to our shopping cart and all these integrations are included within our package. Best of all, there has never been any extra charges.

Cons

The overall price is a bit high amongst its competitors. You get what you pay for. Also wish the analytics were more robust.

Rev. tony P.

The Tech Support Couldn't Have Been Better! Amazing!

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

For a couple of months our site was considerably over it's disk space allotment as we did an upgrade and back-ups were saved. Saturday night I went through the site eliminating "things" I thought weren't needed. I thought the "miracles_mm5" database had to do with an old Joomla version and I deleted it! I forgot that the MIVA store also used a .sql database. Silly me! Sunday night I went to log into the store to find ... NO STORE! I saw the error message that the "miracles_mm5" database couldn't be found and I immediately knew what I had done. The anxiety I felt was intense! I called support at about 6:30 p.m. Pacific on a Sunday evening. Nick answered right away. He was very reassuring and I wanted lots of reassurance. He reminded me of daily back-up that went back for weeks, He said he had to call the Florida tech but that this was "site down" and MIVA would get on it right away. He said, most likely it would be restored from a back up within an hour. ~48 minutes later I received an email saying that the store was restored. I checked and there it was. I realize that this was about 10:30 p.m. on a Sunday evening in Florida. That is pretty impressive tech service! How could that get any better?

Wayne G.

Customer Support That Goes Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 2014/06/27

I spoke with Nick today since I was wanting to be sure my transition to a new card processor would go smoothly. Not only did Nick know all the things to be done, he knew how to explain why each step was important. There was no downtime during the call either. During the call, Nick did a quick review to make sure my site was running "up to date". So, with that one call, I also leaned how to take advantage of customizing order confirmation emails using the built in easy to configure templates that I had previously been unaware of and had been wanting to address for a long time. Hats off to Nick and Miva for going above and beyond to keep store operators informed...

Tom Z.

excellent migration from old web host

Reviewed on 2014/08/18

I'll admit I did drag my heels about instituting the switch away from the Miva Mercahant platform in my old web host, but they ( the old host) never told me I wouldn't be able to keep the present appearance of my website if I stayed with them and switched platforms - until it was too late. It was literally 48 hours to the deadline before I figured out I'd have to get a new host to keep the site looking as it was. And, Miva saved the day by offering to migrate my site to their own servers, lock stock & barrel, before the deadline.

And so they did, quickly and perfectly. Thank you Miva Merchant.

Steve S.

Great Tech Support

Reviewed on 2014/02/07

We have been using Miva Merchant on our sites for over 10 years. The program has grown consistently better over the years as well as the Tech Support. If I could give Nick Rodney 10 stars I surely would. We had an issue printing labels using Endicia and he was able to trouble shoot the issue where Endicia was not. Step by Step he figured it was a Java issue, not a Miva Merchant or Endicia Issue.

Thank you so much for the excellent service. Service like this make Miva Merchant the go to Shopping Cart Program.

Julieg g S.

Good Software

Reviewed on 2016/07/22

Easy to use and user friendly application. Use Miva for fast transaction in easiest way. Get quick answers to your problem here.

Todd B.

Nick in help has been tremendous

Reviewed on 2015/12/09

i have a lot of decisions to make as to the direction of the software. They help I have gotten from NIck and Doug and Kevin in support have been tremendous.

I don't think I can built such a big site myself. But I have learned a lot in the process already and they have taken the extra time.

David S.

Nick Rodney ... Extraordinary Customer Support and Service

Reviewed on 2014/04/28

Nick provided us with fantastic customer support from identifying our current Miva needs to items that we would need in the months ahead. In addition to providing us with the support details he made the upgrades a seamless process so that we could concentrate on business. We are totally in the right hands with Nick.

Joanne L.

NICK RODNEY FIXED ALL THE GLITCHES OF MY WEB SITE!

Reviewed on 2014/10/31

MANY THANKS NICK FOR YOUR HELP FIXING ALL THE GLITCHES OF MY WEB SITE, THAT WERE PREVENTING ME TO GET ORDERS NOTIFICATIONS AND MERCHANT TRANSACTIONS.

YOU ARE A DEFINITE 5 STARS!
GRACIOUS , VERY PATIENT, AND MOST OF ALL EFFICIENT.

THE BEST !

Kay G.

Nick Rodney

Reviewed on 2014/09/05

nick spent an hour with me helping with everything i needed help with ! he is great !
my only compliant is not about nick, but miva's response time. i called, set up a ticket, emailed and it took over 6 hours for someone to contact me. i realize you are busy but this is the 2nd time i have contacted miva with an issue and both times, i set up the ticket early/mid afternoon and received a response around 10PM ! not very timely ... but, both times, the guys who did finally get to me were great !

Agnes M.

Customer support / updating

Reviewed on 2014/02/04

Sam Newbold was very helpful and knowledgeable. He resolved the problem quickly and with all the information we needed. Thanks a lot!

Jason B.

Incredible Ecommerce Tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

It's incredibly easy to use. I always suggest new stores to use Miva whenever possible.

Pros

Miva is very easy to work with for any online marketer or ecommerce professional. I have worked with them for complex websites and they were able to handle very large sites and very complex rules with no issues.

Cons

Getting any third party to integrate with Miva is usually pretty expensive. Other ecommerce platforms like Magento and Shopify have simple apps for integration. The bigger Miva gets, the more this issue will go away. I just wish it would happen now! Integration fees a lot of the time are way too much and make it difficult to add new functionality to my website.

Mike R.

Tried Shopify, Returning to Miva

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I have hosted my business with Miva for over 20 years. Several years ago, I had a Magento site developed with the intention of switching platforms, but pulled the plug after seeing how slow Magento websites loaded.

I just had a Shopify site developed, with the intention of switching platforms, and saving on the monthly fee that Miva charges. Shopify is deceptive because it advertises low monthly costs to host your business. These fees are just the tip of the iceberg though. Shopify has very little inherent functionality, and to build a high functioning website requires monthly subscriptions to dozens of apps. These monthly app fees add up quickly, making the cost much higher than Miva.

Miva includes very sophisticated software that doesn't require monthly subscriptions, and while the cost is still high, it is much lower than a shopify site.

I never appreciated the tech support that Miva offers until I tried to get ahold of Shopify tech support. BIG difference! Shopify does not offer phone in support, and their ability to assist is delayed through complicated forms that you must fill out, then a long wait for a low level tech to reply. Miva offers phone in support, and the turn around for an issue is quickly resolved.

Pros

Miva has impressive tech support, and includes features that Shopify requires monthly subscriptions for. Additionally, Miva let's you choose a credit card processor, which can potentially save you a ton of money vs. Shopify, which requires you to use their processor.

Cons

In order to receive a lower cost subscription for Miva, I had to sign a 3 year contract.

Dalia M.

Do not waste your money

Reviewed on 2015/08/25

we had been Miva users since Miva4 and recently upgraded to Miva9. It was a disaster in so many ways. I had to pay a license for each of our staff of $50 per month called a seat license. So if 3 people work on your store concurrently during the day - shipping, customer service, admin-- that is $150 per month additional.

Then there is the limit on band width. The more visits, the more you pay. If you have large images as we do, the bandwidth goes up as does your monthly fee.

In today's world an commerce platform should not cost this much for what you are getting.

Now for the image manipulation by Miva. They have this weird algorithm of resizing images and it does not necessarily fit within the scope of the product page. So our images did not blend well with one another which threw the whole design off.

The SEO fields are weak. The categories are confusing to work with.

We finally gave up on miva9 and went with another platform. Almost forget, their technical support is almost non existent. Took 3 days for an answer via email and you can never get through on the phone.

Since leaving miva9 I have tried 2 other eccomerce platforms and their prices and performance have been superior to miva9.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

great service, needs integrations

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

All-round inventory, finance, and sales management

Pros

Miva offers a very solid product, good customization, and strong customer service. It's head and shoulders above other online sales platforms for medium-sized businesses that need a central platform for managing inventory and finances as well as online sales. And they also offer web hosting!

Cons

There's really no reason why Miva shouldn't have free/easy integrations like many of it's competitors. Customizing or paying for each integration can get quite onerous.

Response from Miva

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback about your experience with Miva. We aim to provide the best features for our clients while providing live 24/7 customer support. Baked into the Miva platform are powerful features that allow Miva users to distinguish their brand from day one. This approach allows Miva to provide a seamless shopping experience with less dependency third party plugins, although we do have a robust ecosystem of partner integrations, including free ones, at https://apps.miva.com/. We love feedback so please feel free to reach us at 800.608.6482. We want to hear what integrations you think would make Miva a better platform. :)

Mark B.

Nick Rodney's Customer Service is Incredible

Reviewed on 2015/08/09

Well, I truly doubt I've ever had better customer service in my lifetime than that provided by Nick. In fact, I made it a point to wait for the times he was working to try to garner only his help specifically in the areas that needed to be undertaken. I trust him fully in his knowledge of Miva and its related areas, and in his amazing attitude towards work. Nick would suggest and take on improvements that were not even thought of - much less expected - but that greatly benefited me. He also demonstrated a real desire to remove every conceivable negative issue raised, and simply displayed a happy willingness to go above and beyond. And besides all that, he's a really great guy to talk to... So, for example, during the very arduous and time-consuming task of updating both my dev site and regular store site from Miva 5 to Miva 9.004, including my many idiosyncratic requests, my need for explanation (sometimes a few times on the same issue, out of many), and the updating of a ton of modules (sometimes more complicated than might be expected), Nick dealt with it all perfectly, and was kind, modest, and thoughtful throughout. Say it and it gets done, and then he adds to that. Now that's customer service! While very good customer service is rare enough nowadays, excellence like this is almost a shock to your system. (If anyone deserves a raise, it is this man!)

Susanne M.

Help with Miva Admin - Setting up an automatic customer mailer

Reviewed on 2014/05/30

I received a return call back from your customer support person Chris. Immediately I got a sense of him being "charged up" and "there for me" with a sense of urgency. Since I am a little slow with computers, he invited me to join the session through some conference type software and explained the steps needed for me to create the customer email.
I have spoken to many of your customer folks over the years and I have always had very good experiences. Somehow Chris seemed super fast in figuring this all out which was a pleasure. I so enjoy the fact that all your customer folks work without using "canned sentences" or saying stupid things at the end as in "Thank you for using AT&T - it's been a pleasure working with you". And thanks to all of you for speaking English without a weird accent. You all have my highest compliments. When Chris mentioned that I will have an option to complete a 5-star survey and five being the best, I was disappointed because I wanted to give him a 10. In this forum I could not enter 5 stars in the "customer service" area.

Christine D.

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

I had a particularly interesting shipping problem to deal with and the support staff was tenacious in finding a way to resolve my issue. He asked if he could have a few minutes to work on it rather than keep me waiting. He called me back in about 15 minutes and stepped me through the steps necessary to fix a problem that I just couldn't figure out on my own. His technical support solution will save us money we were losing up until this time. I cannot thank him enough for taking the time to really listen to what my problem was and caring enough to resolve it for me. Truly appreciated!

Margaret M.

superb customer support

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

In calling Miva Merchant today (early hours of the morning EST) Nick gave great support...he solved the problem for me (cut off), showed how I could avoid the situation another time and offered a possibility for website help in the future and also solved a future problem for me which I was unaware of at the time. He was patient, clear in his help and extremely willing to offer assistance. Thank you.

Susan A.

migration of old site to MIVA.

Reviewed on 2014/09/11

Alex Roberts is the support tech who worked with me. He showed an amazing amount of patience with my limited computer ability. He went out of his was to make the migration of my site possible. My shopping cart was outdated even though it was a MIVA product. My host is now MIVA also. the support i got from Alex and MIVA was/is superior.