MiCollab Reviews

Mobile-first enterprise collaboration tool

3.9/5 (14 reviews)

Master your availability with MiCollab

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

I have selected the product for purchase and have been using it for about seven years together with other Mitel solutions.

Pros

MiCollab enables employees to master their own availability. Wish to choose when to receive phonecalls on your desk phone and when on your mobile? Redirect calls to a co-worker when you are unavailable? Change your status based on your calendar, schedule or location? You name it, the software can help you accomplish it.
It integrates with Outlook so it can recognize who's calling, and you can look up your collegues in the employee directory. You can even set up a conference call with multiple attendees if you are an advanced user.
Clients are available for a wide range of platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, IOS and Web.

Cons

The user interface design is not very intuitive. You need to get used to it since it does not really follow Windows interface design standards. Also, some features are not available on all platforms.
There is a new Windows client available which is much more user friendly, but it lacks some features like programming the buttons of a Mitel desk phone.
Room for improvement is how Mitel handles it customers. We do not get direct access to the software. Everything must be done via a 'partner' even though we pay yearly to receive product updates. This is the only vendor that refuses customers to download the licensed software directly.

7.0/10
David L.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

We use mitel phones and software in our office, and for the most part, the phones are rock solid. They work well, good audio quality and work well with my headset

Cons

We stopped using the software after a strange issue showed up on Windows 10 where it would cause CPU to spike indefinitely, killing laptop batteries. I think that has been resolved now, but it went on for so long, we switched to another chat client.

Dominic S.

Basic Phone System Communication Client

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

We have Mitel phones and this client integrates seamlessly with them. I like the Exchange calendar integration with the dynamic statuses.

Cons

We're not able to create permanent chat rooms in the software that team members are assigned to or are able to sign into. We have to manually start a chat with one team member and then invite additional team members to it.

7.0/10

overall it is a fair product from Mitel

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Pros

Very good features especially for the employees who work from home or travelling.

Cons

As an administrator, i don't like much. As micollab client is configured on the micollab, the micollab is no as consistent as expected. This make the administrator to re-configure micollab some times.

6.0/10
Melinda S.

Wish that if provided additional line features.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

The overall function of it is easy to use. There are plenty of options for make busy and the ability to check on other callers and stats.

Cons

You can only call out one line, there is no way to use more than one line at a time which is extremely difficult in a call center atmosphere which requires you to make multiple calls at once. It requires having to hang up and call back which is tedious.

Nice addition to our phone system

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

MiCollab allows users to manage their phone from their desktop, including listening to voicemails. Additionally I love that it allows the user to see the status of other users. It integrates with the Outlook calendar and will note if a user is in a meeting, on the phone, etc. Users can customize their setting as to their status too (ie: in a certain office, on vacation, etc.). We also love the chat feature. Lastly, our reception answers phones for 3 offices. The MiCollab has been a great addition to the front desk process. Now just about any one in our office can run the front desk using MiCollab.

Cons

There is a bit of setting up and customizing that needs to be done. We have to dial 9 for an outside line. We needed to have that added to our contacts and incoming calls so the user could click and automatically call those numbers.

Cam P.

Great tool for around the office

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

I love all of the features that they make available. As an admin setup for new users is very straight forward.

Cons

I wish their video chat feature allowed for more than just Vidyo. Vidyo is an awful video chat system.

Solid mobile VoIP solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Many of our users are mobile. Being able to take there office calls with them has been very useful.

Pros

Very easy to use and very straight forward. I use this software daily and have yet to have an issue. You can initiate calls, setup and/or start conference calls, even text chat with others on the same VoIP system. Combined with the Mitel phone system, this is very powerful software.

Cons

Nothing. I have yet to find a flaw on this software.

Kylie A.

The company I work for uses this phone system.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like the ability to listen to voicemail and access call records online rather than on the phone itself.

Cons

I think that it is slightly difficult to use at first. It takes some time to understand the skills and features of the phone.

Luc H.

I use this program daily for any internal or external call, as well as for quick internal IM

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

The thing I like the most about this product is the IM feature as well as its general functionality. It is very simple and easy to use

Cons

The thing I like the least about this program is that I believe it may be a little too simple. New features and functionalities could easy be added to make this program a lot more useful

Daniel C.

Useful concept but not user-friendly at all.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

I like that it connects the office pretty well in allowing others to set statuses that are visible to the entire office.

Cons

I don't like the user-friendliness of the product. It has always been the largest complaint I get from users. It's not very intuitive and requires far too much follow up training of users.

Very simple, easy to use, and reliable communication system

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

It has everything at your fingertips to make calling or chatting with someone very simple. All of the features like seeing if someone is on a call or in a meeting, conferencing in, transferring, and being able to customize your profile make this a great software for our company. The integration with Salesforce is also a plus.

Cons

Not much to dislike about this software but I wish we were able to integrate it with Outlook. We may be able to, it's just not as easy to get started unlike Skype for Business which is already a Microsoft product.

Michael B.

MiCollab: All the features, none of the hassle!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Very easy to deploy. Very easy to train staff on. We have some staff who don't even need to touch their deskphone anymore! Really love this software.

Pros

You can search by first name in the corporate directory. You can easily add a list of people to the home section to see their phone status. Contacts, call history, and voicemail are all easily accessible in the app.

Cons

Calendar integration could be a lot better. We use G Suite and while the basic integration works ok, I'd love to be able to set more advanced statuses based on my meetings.

Consistantly drops calls, good value for the price.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Good value and multiple tracking functions for sales reps. Ability to coach on calls is always a plus.

Cons

Inconsistant call logging when coupled with Salesforce. Drops calls quite a bit. Wish it had more ways top customize.

6.0/10