Agilefant Reviews

Agilefant

Lean transformation tool for executing change

4.6/5 (8 reviews)
Todd P.

Great functionality and eve better support standing behind it

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

We started using it for just backlog management and over time evolved into full sprint planning. It was great that the tool allowed us to start small and grow into the full Agile life cycle. Support was great. On numerous occasions we had screen sharing sessions where I should how we were doing thing and our challenges. The support person showed us better ways to accomplish what we wanted to do in Agilefant. AI also liked that we could see in real time as others made changes. That made our remote planning sessions go very smoothly.

Cons

I struggled with when to use stories vs tasks. Tasks gave me the flexibility I wanted for tracking progress (planned, spend, remaining), but when several people had tasks for a story you lost visibility to who was working on what on the board. In daily stand ups we had to click on every story to see who had the next task.

Martin M.

Helpfull and easy to use tool for all team members. Good overview of project status and timeline.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Project planning and overiew imporved.
Now we know the status of the project and the forecast can be planned.

Pros

Tree view provides good overivew.
My work shows what is on the to do list.
Board shows work for each team member.

Cons

The agilefant app has sometimes quite long loading time, not sure what the reason is but this is annoying.

Marvic M.

For the control and assignment of the tasks of the projects in development and maintenance.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

I was able to control and carry out a project with the client until its completion. I could integrate it with a man hours calculation system to give me the inverted times and insert them directly into the system.

Pros

Good tool for the planning and control of software development and maintenance projects. Using a list you can easily give priority to the issues, you can clearly see the tail of the pending to do, in process. You can easily establish and see the dependency between issues. You can see in a single table the workload of the developers and it can be moved in the same table, without having to go directly to the issues.

Cons

The application is not available to access from iphone or Android. There is no follow-up to the completion of a issues, it needs a Burndown-type graph to see the time remaining to complete the work, it is a bit more complex for a functional user to record the stories and sort them by sprint. It does not have version control, nor does it show traceability.

Mark D.

Changes the way I manage projects. Clean, Intuitive and Smart

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Streamlined Project Management.
A clean, organized place to put my thoughts and ideas.
Collaboration with other staff

Pros

I'm a big fan of Kanban view and this has it. And *so* much more.
I love being able to drag a story (task) into an interation (Sprint). The story stays in the project so the project manager can keep track of it, but it shows up in the iteration as well. When marked complete in the iteration, it's marked complete in the Project.
I also love the integration with Trello. Genius.

Cons

Currently doesn't allow selecting sub-stories when click main stories. Stories have to be selected one by one for bulk changes, which can be tedious. Support team says that functionality is coming in a later release. Fingers Crossed!

Response from Agilefant

Thank you Mark, much appreciated. This certainly will make the day for our team.

Philippe B.

Great to handle multi projects management

Reviewed on 2018/06/06
Review Source

Pros

Agilefant is free for solo user. It has an excellent documentation explaining in depth bother features and lean process. Among its features, time tracking is one of the best on the market regarding its ease of use, products can be categorized by releases, iterations, stories and tasks. Stories can be filtered by value or points. Support is handled by live chat support even for solo user. Agilefant is run by the Aalto University in Finland, it is based on scientific research with Finnish software companies.

Cons

Agilfant does not accept new user. It is to be replace by nektion.com by September 2018. You account will be transfer to that application though. The opensource version is dead on Github. There is no emergency filtering for stories and tasks.

S h M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Jesús F.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/08/27

Horelyz V.

It is very useful for the assignment of tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/04/29

Pros

Good tool to plan and control software development. My work shows what is in the list of tasks and the blackboard shows the work for each member of the team, it is useful for the control of tasks.

Cons

There is no application for Android and iPhone. The application sometimes has a quite long loading time, not sure what the reason is.