ChurnZero

Customer engagement & retention for subscription businesses

Andrew S.

Great for tracking your customers progress... or lack-thereof if that's the case

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

It's been a positive experience. We have a lot of data and narrowing down what we want to track and where/when was key to getting this up and running better. Now that we've worked out a few of our own kinks ChurnZero is running very smoothly and allowing us to track the data we didn't have before. Putting us a step ahead of our clients instead of 2 steps behind.

Pros

ChurnZero has been very responsive with our request, even though they can't meet all of them we've gotten great feedback from them. It's great to have a system that tracks what our customers are doing and we're able to set up benchmarks for them to hit with reminder task and all of that fun stuff.

Cons

Not much here. Only thing that I've heard a lot about is being able to CC people on the same email that are from the same company when using plays or journeys, right now it's all individual emails, so 7 people from the same company will get the same exact email but as an individual. It's a feature request and we cross our fingers for this in the future

Eric W.

Awesome Product - Always Getting Better, Too!

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

We're using ChurnZero to solve the challenges involved with measuring, monitoring & analyzing customer activity & actions within our application, combining it with CRM & customer/deal specific data, and then deriving meaningful information to actually act on.

Building off of this, ChurnZero provides a great medium to grab a pulse of your customers on every level possible - as an aggregate, segmented by defined groups, as an individual customer, and even down to individual users.

While we could certainly pull all this information ourselves, it would be inactionable, certainly more time intensive, and likely something much harder for the customer success team to digest compared to the incredible UI/UX provided by ChurnZero.

By & large the best benefits have been around the time saving achieved by putting all the information about a customer at the finger tips of the customer success team & allowing them to act from there.

Pros

As the administrator/technical user, I like that they try to make everything as easy as one could to configure & set-up.

From setting up the tracking code for measuring different user activities in our application, to lining up the salesforce.com integration to tie to our customer accounts from our database, the whole process is very straightforward and can be completed by running through their documentation once and just knocking it out yourself.

Aside from the set-up, I'm a huge fan that they're always adding features and functionalities, while enhancing others, and it's apparent that they take customers requests into mind when building these out.

Going further, I really appreciate that they never roll out anything too early or half baked - each & every feature rollout has been packed with great new enhancements that really allow you to take how you're using ChurnZero to another level.

Cons

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up.

On occasion, I find myself saying "damn, I wish I could also do x, y, z" when using a certain feature or function or "it would be cool if you could do a, b, c".

The good news is that ChurnZero is a great SaaS company & constantly improving their product, so chances are always high that eventually I can do xyz and abc - they've been great about taking feedback over our time with them and actually building features and functions out around them.

Kate R.

ChurnZero gives me a wide view of my entire client base and allows me to keep tabs on my...

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

-Identify quiet clients that may be at risk
-Stay on top of my entire book, not just vocal clients
-Find new Users that I may not have been introduced to (who else is spending time in the app?)
-Reduce Churn on clients (reduce revenue loss)
-Find new ways to engage quiet clients (outside of traditional email and phone call)
-Mass update my clients (saves me time, and gives me tracking on these efforts)
-Identify up sell opportunities (generate new revenue for my company)

Pros

-It is so helpful to be able to filter for different activities, and segments of clients. This gives a thorough view of all of my different accounts, and prevents clients from "slipping through the cracks".

-The customizeable Churn Scores and segments allows me to define what I feel makes a "good" or a "bad" clients, so I can really control my views based off what is "important" to me.

-I love the real-time alerts (that I can set and customize). This really allows me to stay on top of important issues/events (account suspension, holds). This allows me to address client issues in real time (often before the client knows there was even a problem!)

-The Playbooks save me so much time, I can easily identify and mass email my clients when needed. It is great to have tracking on who engaged or did not engage with my content.

-The in-app alerts are nifty too, as a different way to reach my clients outside of an email or a screenshare.

Cons

-Sometimes I forget to log in to the app when I start my day.
However, I still get the most important alerts emailed to me via CZ. So, even if I forget to log into the app, I am still in the know.

Emily P.

Completely customizable for your needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Pros

We integrated our product in with ChurnZero so that we could track how our customers are using our product and what features they like and what features are not getting use as much. I love that we were to complete customize what data from our product gets pushed to ChrunZero. At every step of the integration we worked with our ChurnZero account representative and she was so helpful and very tentative to our needs and questions.

Cons

The integration has taken longer than we expected it to take, and are still working on some minor kinks.

Peter B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A must have! This product has made a major impact on how I successfully manage my book of...

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Pros

The customer activity tracking and alerts. It allows me to better understand how my customers are using their systems and if they are not using their systems so I can better support my clients.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I dislike about this software. It provides me with everything I need to help me better manage my book of business.

Rachel C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Helpful with some limitations

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

Great organizational tool to keep CSMs on top of tasks and aware of accounts
Great CSM

Cons

Reporting limitations
In-app messages do not look slick

Churn Zero has taken us from being reactive with customers to proactive. It allows for great...

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

being able to easily track where my clients are at and take action before issues arise.

Pros

alerts, slack integration, being able to create your own customized journeys, being able to have cool dashboards and insight into customers usage right there at your fingertips. Integration with SFDC is great and it is just so customizable for our needs. The support and our CSM, Chase, has been amazing too.

Cons

I don't love the way that they do 'plays' but I've already talked to our CSM about it and they are working to improve that. There is very little to not like.

Awesome Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

The ChurnZero team is very attentive. I'm working to migrate my company's CRM, and I've worked with the ChurnZero team to ensure our CRM integration is updated and continues to work well. I only have good things to say about the support I've received.

Cons

I wish we could customize more about the tool ourselves without requiring help from support reps. There is great functionality in the tool but we sometimes need to directly coordinate with a support rep to implement changes.

Sophie B.

This is a fantastic tool to help keep clients engaged and has a great team supporting it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Easily finding and targeting quiet clients. This help to stay in front of them and get more engagement.

Pros

ChurnZero helps me manage my entire book of business in more impactful ways. I can target clients based on their application use and/or our interactions. Also, I can stay more in touch with all of my accounts and it takes much less time.

Cons

I use Outlook activities to keep track of my to-do list. It would be great if ChurnZero could push my activities to Outlook.

I have only been using ChurnZero for a short amount of time but I love it!

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

Easy to manage client health reports. Keeping track of which rate clients will possibly renew. Client health/retention is extremely important for a startup like Terminus. We want our customers to be advocates of our brand and we are able to track their overall health with us through ChurnZero

Cons

ChurnZero, of course, is just an estimate. Not going to give an exact answer to customer/client churn possibility.

Matt D.

ChurnZero helps provide a fuller picture of account health and client engagement.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

ChurnZero leverages platform usage data to provide a bird's-eye view of client engagement and overall account health. Salesforce data is also integrated for a more complete picture. It's valuable to be able to click through and immediately assess account health. ChurnZero client support is also excellent - responsive and helpful.

Marcos G.

This is what you need to really know your customers

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

We found out about ChurnZero not long ago, but since then we've got to love it! Its way more than just a service to communicate with clients... They have powerful tools to help you know and understand your customers. You get real time alerts on how your customers are engaging with your label, know what, when and where they are doing to predict future behaviors.

Cons

We would like to see some improvements on the email service. 1. The email editor its quite simple. We would like something a bit more powerful. 2. There is no "sent emails box" or outgoing log to see all emails send.. We had to add ourselves as BCC receivers to keep track of our emails.

Cal R.

A great way to understand your customer base

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

- Installation process makes you think about your users in a new way.
- Flexible alerts and reporting
- Combine in product actions and in life events to get a true understanding of customer health

Cons

- Our salesforce configuration is particularly complex and is ever-changing, which has caused a few hiccups

Jordan S.

great customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

great customer service! my main contract is always happy to help! Great way to keep track of client usage/adoption.

Cons

it can be hard to navigate segments sometimes when you have a number of filters added which makes outreach difficult.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Good platform, some integration issues

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Prior we were only using Salesforce for CSM management so this platform helped a lot but there are some shortcomings.

Pros

Overall this product gives the customer success team the information they need to see. It is simple for them to see aggregate NPS Score, Revenue, etc of all their accounts.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce is not designed well- its pretty basic, if you have a more complicated SF setup it may not integrate well. Example- it does not integrate with custom objects, we use a custom Task/Event object for activities rather than the out of the box one and churner activities will not sync with out custom object.

Leilani S.

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but we like the flexibility of the product AND their team!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

Pros

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting. Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

Cons

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

Pete P.

Easy to use platform providing user engagement in real time

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Improved loyalty and reduced churn. Ability to easily send NPS surveys and tabulate results and address issues as required.

Pros

Simple set-up, easy to use, great customer support. The product easily interfaced to our CRM and customer cloud-based SaaS platform and provides real-time insight to client usage and behavior. It is an awesome tool to segment your client base into manageable areas and to target each segment with automated campaigns to address concerns or give shout outs. Great at NPS surveys and allows quick replies to comments/scores. Over-all highly recommend to improve retention and reduce churn.

Cons

Ability to predict client churn is based on criteria chosen by company then red, yellow, green colors indicate those groups most likely to churn. In our case, criteria is difficult to determine and we change choices based on input from sales, support, etc. Not easy to see if our choices are the best determination in churn prediction however that is on us. ChurnZero does not automatically calculate churn percentages of clients by day, week, month, etc. exporting to data to spreadsheets still required.

Hardin L.

Great CS product for medium sized businesses

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Before CZ we were managing our customers and churn with various different user metrics buried within our own platform, multiple spreadsheets and reports, and different BI and martech software. CZ has been able to surface all of those data points into one central platform.

Now we have valuable data that can be accessed easily, segmented and acted upon quickly.

Pros

Highly customizable but not too cumbersome. Support on the ChurnZero side has been great. They are quick to respond and provide valuable insight with each interaction

Cons

Like most products in the same space the implementation was long (and still ongoing to a point). There is also a pretty steep learning curve. However, it can be intuitive once you know what you're doing.

Sam P.

Visibility Is Power

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

It's all about protecting the MRR, my experience has been great.

Pros

There are so many benefits in utilizing ChurnZero. However what I like most is that you're able to see the big picture. From churn scores to net promoter scores, you're able to see client health. When you have dozens and dozens of clients, it's easy to lose track of what's going on. It's easy to have client's slip through the cracks. Using ChurnZero significantly reduces that risk.

Cons

Learning how to use a lot of the features does take some time before you're comfortable with it.

Sharon P.

Great software to manage your customers and reduce churn

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Excellent. ChurnZero assisted us to keep our churn under control and reduce it. Their support team is super efficient and fast and our queries quickly addressed.

Pros

Very simple to to use when we compared it with competitors, integration to other software like SalesForce and Zendesk was smooth. ChurnZero is the 'working platform' in which our CSMs manage their daily operations, good dashboards exists to provide 360 view of your customers overall health.

Cons

I'm hoping that in the soon future they'll develop some AI capabilities that will be able to predict churn according to data analysis.

Andrew K.

Great tool for CSM teams

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Great tool. Highly recommended!

Pros

Love the customer service provided by the Success Management team. They've taken the time to understand our company, anticipate our needs and help us understand how we can implement ChurnZero for our team's needs.

Cons

Naturally, an important piece of ChurnZero is the data that you're pushing into it. If you're not pushing clean, normalized data in, you're going to get bad data out. I wish it were clearer how the data is being translated and what we needed to do to make it work well in ChurnZero.

Brian H.

Fits our need as we scale

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

We are able to publish metrics to the organization which keeps a pulse on who is engaged and who is not. It has provided tremendous insight to our leadership team.

Pros

This software has allowed us to manage and scale our business as we get larger. We have more clients to manage and our support staff doesn't lend itself to a high-touch model. Therefore we rely on ChurnZero to deliver the insights that we need on a daily basis. This allows to get out in front of adoption and engagement before the client churns.

I like the event tracking and live export functionality.

Cons

Like any SaaS application, we don't have the time or resources to learn every feature inside/out. However, our CS and Support reps are quick to help us out.

Taylor P.

ChurnZero has been incredibly helpful in my role! Customer success is A+ as well.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

I am able to quickly view all our customers and see how usage is trending. Usage can be measured by a variety of different metrics, all of which make up a 'Churn Score.' I can also identify power users/laggards at each customer account, and use the Play function to proactively send automatic emails.

Cons

There are several reports/dashboards that I'd like to be able to see and can't currently. For example, being able to look at the percentage of users at an account and how this has changed over time in a line graph. I'm looking forward to seeing where the software goes over the next 6 months or so.

Sam P.

The command center has been extremely helpful to keep track of tasks and pending tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

When you're an account manager with a lot of clients, it can be difficult to manage projects and campaigns. The command center helps prevent any tasks slipping through the cracks. Ultimately you want to make sure you're not leaving clients behind. It can be too late to save a client by the time you find out they're about to churn. Intervention is not prevention, when you used correctly, Churn Zero is the prevention tool.

Cons

I haven't really seen any cons, it'd be good to have more customization options. I'm sure this is something that will be implemented.

It's been a great way for me to view all the information related to an account.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

How it consolidates all the information you'd need about your clients and users into one place. Most importantly it pulls in extremely helpful information on assessing whether or not a client is in good health. It's hard to keep all of that information organized and to check up on it regularly but between ChurnZero's notifications and consolidation of information, you feel much more confident that you are up to date.

Cons

It does feel like there is a lot crammed onto every page. I think there could be less graphics and visuals on the dashboard and command center.