Frontline Insights Platform

K-12 ERP Software

Madi M.

Typical HR/attendance/timesheet software

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Frontline does what it is supposed to, and it has a wide variety of options to customize on the administration end. It is easy to use!

Pros

I use Frontline every day to clock in and out of my teaching job. It does the job it is supposed to! I like that it allows you to add reasons for why you are submitting an absence, especially when I need to differentiate between quarantining or normal absence. I also frequent the K12 job spot page that they host.

Cons

It does experience the occasional lag or full-on failure when our internet is down, but that's not Frontline's fault. Our school internet is not the best, so any software would react the same.

Julie H.

Teacher Absences Managed by Frontline

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Our school district has been using Frontline for years. When I need to be absent, I enter my absence on the Frontline website. It asks the user to classify the absence (illness, professional development, etc) and enter the dates/times a substitute is needed. I can attach my lesson plans within the posting, which gives my sub a chance to see what they will be teaching before they arrive at my school. I really love this feature, because it helps the day go more smoothly and really sets the sub up for success.

Pros

I think Frontline is especially easy to use. It only takes 4-5 minutes to request a sub, classify the absence, and attach lesson plans to the posting. I really like that I can enter the absence independently and not have to burden our secretary any more than necessary.

Cons

Well, I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about Frontline. Being away from school is never fun, but my mind is put at ease when I see the confirmation number for my absence.

Applicant Tracking, AESOP, PD

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

The seamless integration within other frontline products is by far the best feature. Streamlined user experience.

Cons

The cumbersome admin interface, haphazard single sign on upgrade, and manual integrations with other products.

Frontline Education in K-12 Setting

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Online application tracking, internal hiring workflows, and onboarding of employees.

Pros

It is a simple and compact online applicant tracking tool that we use as a part of our human resources solution in the district. Has the capability to be involved in the entire workflow from application to onboarding.

Cons

We are a part of a consortium with other school districts which limits our ability to customize the platform for our own use.

Caitlin B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Works great for my needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I have had an overall positive expereince using Frontline Insights Platform.

Pros

What I like about Frontline is that there are many options for me to use. I primarily use frontline in order to log and track my work absences. It is very thourough and visually appealing. The log in screen works perfect and I appreciate the reminder that my username is my phone number.

Cons

Frontline can take a little bit of time in order to figure out how to use it. I needed to ask questions to my colleagues to ensure I was submitting absenses correctly. Now that I have used this many times, it has gotten easier to use.

Jodi C.

Easy to Manage Subs

Reviewed on 2019/10/13

My overall experience with Frontline Education has been good. It has been easy to request a sub and efficiently communicate information to the sub and administrators about my classroom.

Pros

It is so easy to put in an absense and to request a sub if you have a person in mind for the job. It is quick and easy to add notes for the day and send a message to your administrator if it is necessary.

Cons

It would be much better if it automatically calculated how long you were going to be absent in the case of you missing less than a full day of school. Currently, you habe to do the calculation by hand which takes more time than educators sometimes have in the case of requesting a sub.

Princess G.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Not that great

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Overall experience have not been great. Not something that I would recommend.

Pros

The features are impactful due to me working on different counties. The one thing I like is even though I may be in one city I am not confined to just that city. I can look up every piece of information on anyone who calls and inquired about their status. I’ve been working on HR for 4 years and this system is my least favorite.

Cons

I actually do not like this software, but I do not have any say so. I’ve heard we are switching over to something else before August 2020 and I am EXCITED! Flowing through Frontline is easy, however can be complicated and you have to
know the system. One thing I would like is for them to add the feature to search a person by phone number. Also, it kicks me out a lot, Denies view of employee half of the time, and sometimes can’t find applications.

Jessica R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Using frontline for absent management made it so easy to put in for a sub for our district as well as much easier to sign up for professional development within our district.

Pros

Frontline made requesting and confirming absences within our district so easy. It is single sign on within our district portal. I can create an absence and cancel just as easy. I can make notes for the sub and admin.

Cons

There was nothing wrong with the program and had no negative experiences with the program.

Eric K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Frontline Education Product is poorly organized

Reviewed on 2020/01/01

Pros

I am able to keep all of my information regarding my professional development in one place.

Cons

It is so poorly designed that it is almost impossible to figure out how to access the tools I need or the work I have saved.

Giovanni Q.

Has Potential

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Has potential and looks ideal with what is needed from an HR/School perspective but seems more concerned with the sales side than making the current product more efficient and productive

Pros

The software is easy to learn and understand. The customer service's initial response is quick and friendly

Cons

Not user friendly, usually can't make changes without it effecting/messing up other part of the program. Too many ways to do the same thing and one or the other may not always work, program is very glitchy with a lot of errors which has put the office in a position of not being able to do work

Jacena M.

Frontline Education-User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall, I would say I enjoy my experiences working with Frontline. The chat and being able to speak to a representative asap is convenient. From the time I have had to contact support I was able to solve issues for our subs and they were able to get back into their account. Their employees are super helpful and very friendly in which I greatly appreciate!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is super easy to use and to view. It is very straight to the point and you are able to move quickly through the software pretty easily. Another benefit is that their Chat when needing help is super quick, yes during busy times there will be a little wait, but the reps that you chat with are super friendly and super helpful! That is probably one of the things I most like about Frontline Education!

Cons

What I dislike is that their are 2 platforms that make it confusing to our subs who are either are on the new or old platform. I think it having to either use a pin or a sub to create their own pin is a little confusing as at least on my end of things, I am unable to fully help them recover for know of what their created user name or password is.

Jared T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Professional Development

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Our staff finds it easy to register for events, and also like the updates/reminders of registrations.

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate and allows our staff to access professional development opportunities.

Cons

Sorting/organizing events could be modified to an easier sorting format.

Stacy H.

Great way to find teachers

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

This product was great at finding applicants for our postings, but due to the very expensive pricing we were not able to continue to use it.

Pros

You can sift through resumes of people that have not applied for your post to find potential candidates to interview. This product as well used by teachers looking for teaching positions.

Cons

This product is too expensive for small school districts. It really puts us at a disadvantage for finding teachers because so many people do use it.

Karena H.

AESOP-Absences and subs-Frontline

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall, a wonderful product. I do use other reports and find them very useful.

Pros

I absolutely love not having to call subs from home. I did that for years back in the day. I like the feature where staff can pick their favorites. I use the absence report daily for payroll.

Cons

There appears to be a cut off time in the morning that prevents staff from entering last minute absences. This can be a problem on optional workday snow days, when staff get sick and have to leave early, etc. When this happens, myself or admin has to enter the absence for them. We have a work around at least for the optional workday-snow day or regular OW....staff can just go in and manually enter a later shift to force AESOP to accept the absence.

Melissa S.

Frontline

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use. Easy use

Cons

It was hard to get into at first. Easy..