Built

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Excellent PTO Tracking for Mid-Size Business

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

Excellent value. It is very easy to use. Intuitive interface. PTO tracking allows full customization of policies and multiple policies based on length of service or employee classification. Has enough capabilities to grow with our organization.

Cons

Wish it had employee time tracking. Additionally, I wish it were easier to move between active and former employees. It would make sense to have a drop down with employee status rather than a multi-step filter.

Response from Built

Jeffrey, thank you for the great feedback. Good news that we are close to releasing a time tracking feature! And we'll work on making it easier to move between active and former employees. Great suggestions!

Danielle

Streamlined PTO Process

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Built for Teams has been great! You can't go wrong choosing it.

Built for Teams has been great! You can't go wrong choosing it.

Pros

Built for Teams has helped our Organization efficiently process and track PTO. There are no more lost PTO paper requests. Employees can easily request PTO and the request goes directly to their manager to approve or deny. At any given time, employees can see how many hours they have remaining for PTO. Organizationally, every staff member can see who is off work on a particular day, there's no more wondering if someone is working or not. From a HR perspective, we can easily track PTO hours used and remaining for each employee. Built for Teams is user friendly and intuitive to use. The couple of times I have had questions, Customer Service has quickly been there to solve the issue for.

Cons

I love everything about Built for Teams. As the person initially setting up Built for Teams, it was time consuming. However, that is to be expected with any new application. It was not difficult, just tedious to get everything set-up correctly. Once it was set-up, it has been running like a well oiled machine.

Response from Built

Danielle, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad you've had a great experience. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you!

Tim
Tim
  • Used for 6-12 months

Built for Teams Limited

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

The software is adequate but noting special and it's lack of integration with other HR functions lessen it's value.

Pros

It was great for managing and reviewing PTO time and it had a clean and sleek look. It did what it needed to do

Cons

It's other features at least in my company were very limited and it was frustrating to have to log into a separate system for different HR purposes.

Response from Built

Tim, thanks for this candid review. Although we're bummed to read that you weren't 100% happy with our product, we do appreciate you being willing to share your feedback.

It sounds like your organization wasn't taking full advantage of all of our HR features, which is unfortunate. We can understand that having to login to different systems for different things makes extra work for you, so perhaps utilizing the rest of our features could have helped alleviate that. We've worked hard to make an integrated HR system that covers a broad range of HR needs, but at some point if a company only chooses to use a small portion of our system, it's tough to avoid the "separate systems" problem that you've identified.

Thank you again for your review!

Blake

Good fit for our web agency

Reviewed on 2024/03/30

Pros

The PTO portion has worked really well for our company. Before, one of our programmers had built our own internal system, it had bugs, became outdated and no longer helpful. Then, we were introduced to Built for Teams and it's worked great for years.

If we've ever had an issue, the customer service has been quick to respond and help us resolve our question or situation.

Cons

It probably has some features we don't utilize.

Response from Built

Blake, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy that you've had a great experience with both our product and our customer service. Please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if you need anything!

Deb
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Useful and Affordable

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

This program is excellent for our small company as we don't have a budget that allows for paying our HR vendor to track PTO. It's super easy to use, easy to make corrections or adjustments to, and we never have complaints from staff on it.

Pros

This program is easy to use. We have a wide range of technical skill on our team and even the less talented staff find this easy to learn and use.

Cons

One feature that would be helpful is to be able to make requests into the next year and pull the PTO from the correct bucket. We have carry-over time (from the previous year) that expires in the current year, and then the current year time that will roll over into the carry-over bucket, and should be used first. So if someone wants to take time off in January of next year, we have to wait until January to request it. Also not sure if this program automatically clears out carry-over that expires and replaces it with current year time that is left over.

Response from Built

Hi, Deb Thanks for leaving us a review! We are so happy the system has been easy to use for your whole team!

We would love to discuss your current setup in more depth as I believe we may have a better solution for you in this specific scenario. You can reach out to [email protected] for more information. Thank you!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Publishing

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

We use this to track all of our PTO. We have multiple categories we allow our employees to use, and BFT accommodates all of them, which I haven't found in other software.

Pros

My favorite aspect of BFT is its ease of use. From an admin perspective, it's easy to set up accounts and make changes, and our employees never ask questions about how to do something.

Cons

I think it would be convenient to allow employees to cancel their requests.

Response from Built

Hi, Jennifer! Thank you for your feedback! I love hearing that Built has been so user-friendly!

We actually do have a setting that does allow employees to cancel their requests. To learn more, please reach out to [email protected]. Thanks!

Rich

Rich's review

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Pros

Ease of use for employees and approvers. Setup was also very easy.

Cons

Trouble canceling approved time off. Also, had some issues after the first year with approvals all of a sudden going to the wrong approver.

Response from Built

Hi Rich! Happy to see that Built has been able to help meet your needs! We'd love to provide further assistance with canceling time off and help you troubleshoot why requests might have gone to the wrong approver. Can you reach out with more details to [email protected]? Thank you!

Kayla
Kayla

BFT Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

I enjoy the software for the most part but I wish these changes would be made.

I enjoy the software for the most part but I wish these changes would be made.

Pros

The easy functionality for our employees. They are able to log-in and request time off/put in for sick time, etc. It is helpful because it isn't something I have to manually enter anymore.

Cons

I dislike the request process. I would prefer that it would allow you to go down to the minute so it's easier tracked. I would also prefer it had the option to mark for tardiness. I use the unpaid tab for that but you have to modify the balance every time.

I also dislike that you cannot modify something once it's put in/date passed. I shouldn't have to e-mail for adjustments - I should be able to change them as I'm the admin.

Response from Built

Thanks for the feedback, Kayla! First, I have great news that we just added support for by-the-minute requests. We'll reach out to you to show you how to enable that new setting! Second, we're also working on improving the process for modifying historical data. We should have some updates in the near future that will help make that process easier. Thanks for being our customer!

Jim

Excellent product for Time Off tracking

Reviewed on 2024/03/15

Very positive experience with Built for Teams.

Very positive experience with Built for Teams.

Pros

Easy to use, good reporting, very affordable

Cons

Some reports are not intuitive (most are), and take a moment to learn. This may be more due to the once-a-year nature for those particular reports.

Response from Built

Hi Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you've had such a positive experience with Built! If you need any additional assistance with certain reports, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. We're happy to help!

Sakinah
  • Industry: Human Resources

Built is a great resource for our organization!

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

Built for Teams has been easy to implement, use and share with team members.

Built for Teams has been easy to implement, use and share with team members.

Pros

Built is an easy to use software that has many customizable features and integrates well with other existing systems for initial data imports. The ability to easily share the org chart and make real-time updates in the system has been really helpful.

Cons

The horizontal layout of the org chart makes it challenging to view the whole org on one page.

Response from Built

Thank you so much for your review, Sakinah! I'm glad you have found the software easy to use, as that is a main focus of ours for our customers. If you would like to discuss additional solutions for how to create a better Org Chart view, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Katie
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

You guys have done or worked with me to figure out the best solutions to my problem. I wish the software was more personalized or had the options to personalize more but you listen to your customers and I appreciate that.

Pros

Its very simple and easy to use. Customer service is great and they always respond in a timely manner

Cons

I'm not able to personalize per role. Like all level two managers see this, level one this, level three this.
I would like to be able to personalize the calendar more as far as black out dates vs days we cant have any techs off but can still have office roles off. We are a body shop and only have fill ins for specific roles. I wish when I changed someones job title it automatically changed them to the group they are in. For example: If we have a DA Tech that moves to a team. I can select that he is moving to Reassembly Jr and the group i made would update his hrs to 10 hrs PTO time when requested, it would remove him from the DA Tech group he was in and add him to the Reassembly group, etc. It would make it a lot easier to sync everything to one.

Response from Built

Katie, we really appreciate your feedback. I know your organization has had some unique needs, based on the type of work you do and the way your organization is structured. We'll keep working with you to try to find ways to meet your unique needs!

Colin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Built For Teams brought order to our PTO policy chaos

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

We're a small eCommerce company with a headcount of 15. When the team was smaller, paid time-off wasn't being tracked which led to concerns about abuse of the policy and a lack of transparency around who would be out of the office and when. It became necessary to put a tool in place to better handle PTO requests and tracking, but a traditional HRIS would have been overkill for a company our size.

Built For Teams allowed me to implement a robust, yet easy-to-use system that didn't cause any headaches for employees and gave managers greater visibility over when each member of their team would be unavailable.

Pros

- The UI incorporates best practices so very little training is needed to get new users comfortable with the system; the user experience is very logical.
- The shared calendar can be set to allow employees and managers to view others' approved PTO dates to ensure adequate coverage before a new PTO request is made.

Cons

- The system can be used to warehouse a lot of employee data that we don't keep in Built (tax info, direct deposit info, benefits data not related to PTO) and the inclusion of those fields can sometimes cause confusion for new employees.

Response from Built

Thanks a million for this detailed feedback, Colin! Knowing that our product is bringing some order to your PTO processes is great to hear. Thank you for the feedback regarding the additional, unneeded fields too. It's helpful to hear things like this and it definitely influences our product development roadmap going forward!

Lorrie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Just right fit

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Prior to Built for Teams, we used shared google docs, various spreadsheets and random conversations to keep track of our hiring progress. BfT has been a great place to hold all of our hiring data all in one place. We can easily move candidates from one job to another, as well as have access to historic applications.
The customer service for this software is outstanding, and if we've ever had an issue, question or need, they are quick to respond and solve any problems, even if it meant re-writing some of the software. Outstanding!

Pros

The Built for Teams platform is exactly the right size and fit for our current stage of development; it allows for multiple users, clear communication between hiring team members, and clear progression through our outlined process.

Cons

The only feature that I could remotely describe as liking least is that I'd like a better way to move jobs around in the archive, so that current jobs are on top.

Response from Built

Wow, thanks for the stellar review! We consider ourselves lucky to have had you for a customer these several years and it's great to read that you feel the same. Thank you also for the feedback on improving the ability to reorder job postings. We'll get to work on making that easier to do!

Michelle

Built for Teams makes office scheduling a breeze

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Pros

Very easy to see when someone in the office is already scheduled off and is also very easy to schedule time off

Cons

There are limits. Like if you need to leave for the day at 3:15, you have to select either 3 or 3:30. Also we work 7 1/2 hour days so if I schedule off 1/2 a day, it doesn't always calculate the right amount of time out.

Response from Built

Michelle, thank you for you feedback and review! We obviously love hearing that Built for Teams is making scheduling time off a breeze! In reference to your time increment feedback, Built for Teams actually has ability to allow for time off request in 1 min, 15 min, 30 min, and half day increments. Each company gets to configure this setting. If your half day requests aren't calculating correctly, the value of each day on your schedules may need be adjusted which is something your company admin can do. Our support team would be happy to assist in configuring any of these settings. Thank you for being a Built for Teams customer and for leaving a review!

Nicole
  • Industry: Textiles

Nice program

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

Pros

It is user friendly and allows me to view the calendar in a way that makes things simple for our company.

Cons

It doesnt connect to my payroll system. That would be neat if it could.

Response from Built

Hi Nicole! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you find the platform simple to use! We would love to know who you use for payroll. You can reach out to [email protected]. We cannot guarantee implementation, but are always looking for how best to improve the experience for all of our customers. Thank you!

Bea

Rawson Saunders review

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Overall we are satisfied. I think we used to be able to pull a report on terminated employees but that's not an option anymore. It would be useful. Also we find it hard to keep track of employees rolling over PTO year after year (eligible for up to 3 days per year, up to 10 days) - it's just confusing and some kind of tool that could help us with tracking that would be amazing. We also have part time employees with different eligibility and it would be nice to be able to set the roll-over rate individually vs. the same number being applicable to all and then we have to go in and change it for the PT employees. Email customer service is quick and good. Thanks.

Pros

Easy, straight forward, clean interface, good email support.

Cons

See previous page.

Response from Built

Thanks for the review and the feedback! We do still offer the ability to view terminated employees. We'll reach out to you via email to show you how this work as well as to show you how to manage rollover. I think we can help resolve these concerns for you; thank you for bringing them to our attention!

Tammy
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

The ease of Built for Teams

Reviewed on 2024/01/10

Pros

It is easy for employees to request for Paid Time Off. they just log in and put in their request.

Cons

I have not ran into and issues. It has all been great.

Response from Built

Hi Tammy! Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you've had such a great experience! If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Jerrell

Jerrell Jackson PFS/BFS/LFS

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Pros

The ease of approving time off requests, and the up to minute balances of the employees time off make it easier to approve/decline requests.

Cons

Nothing I don't like, but I believe it could do more than what we use it for. Could possibly be used to reviewed, disciplinary tracking, attendance, etc.

Response from Built

Jerrell thank you so much for your feedback and review! We pride ourselves on accurate and up to the minute calculations for time off balances. And to respond to your comment - Built for Teams can do much more than just track time off balances and provide an approval/denial process. We offer timesheets, document and onboarding management, license and certification tracking and more! We would be happy to ensure you are utilizing all the solutions we offer. Thanks for being a Built for Teams customer!

Nicole

Built for Managers

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Built for Teams has helped me manage my own, plus my team's schedules. It's super easy to make adjustments to requests and have everything re-calibrate. Previously, i was managing vacation and sick time through my inbox and Excel so when it came time for me to report it took time. Now I don't need to even report - the information is already there for Management and HR to view any time.

Pros

It's very easy for me to manage my team's vacation and sick time in Built. The calendar view for the entire company is also a huge plus, especially near the holidays and Summer when many people are out - it helps build my expectations for response :)

Cons

Nothing that stands out as a big con but it would be nice to have the ability to build different views. Maybe this is possible if you are the admin, not sure.

Response from Built

It's great to hear that our product is making your life easier, Nicole! That's our goal and we're working hard to continue to improve our product all the time. Thank you for being our customer!

Stephanie
  • Used for 2+ years

The Efficient Way to Handle Time Off!

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

My overall experience with Built for Teams has been very positive, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to create a seamless process for handling PTO company wide.

Pros

Built for Teams has been an amazing addition to our company! It's very easy to use and allows both employees and employers to keep track of all aspects of PTO, from requests and approvals to time left to use. It also has a master calendar that can be viewed by everyone in order to see PTO being used by themselves and other people, as well as job anniversaries.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues with the software so far and have been using it for years.

Response from Built

Stephanie we are so thrilled that Built for Teams has had such a positive impact for your organization! It sounds like you are utilizing many aspects of the product and it has created a seamless workflow company wide! We love having you as a customer and look forward to continuing to work with you! Thank you so much for your review of Built for Teams!

Jeremy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great for small business

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I have a small business with 6 employees. Just easy to track for us and our staff. Worth the small expense.

Pros

It's super simple. When we hire a new employee, I have them fill out their entire profile so not only is it easy to track PTO and sick days, but all the HR info is in one place. Simple.

Cons

This may be possible, but I have not figured out how to sync the built for teams calendar to our fast mail calendar (Apple calendar synced). Would love it if it were connected.

Response from Built

Glad to hear we're helping you run your business, Jeremy! I just did some research on FastMail and according to their online documentation, it appears that they don't support the industry-standard iCal protocol. That's unfortunate! It might be worth reaching out to them to suggest that they put that on their product roadmap. This might be the first calendar product I've come across that doesn't support iCal so I would think they'd want to do that!

Jason

Built For Teams

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

We now have a consolidated calendar showing time off for all of our locations which has been a huge benefit as we continue to add members to our team.

Pros

Weekly reminders for upcoming PTO or schedule items.

Cons

The non-pto time off requests seem to be confusing for our employees. We are still working through how to do that on our end, so it may not be a software issue.

Response from Built

Thanks for being our customer and posting a review. We'll reach out to you to talk through the unpaid time off to help make sure your employees understand it!

Vitor
  • Industry: Automotive

Built for teams review

Reviewed on 2023/09/29

Pros

Very user friendly and intuitive. Even without train is very acessable and very helpfull for HR management.

Cons

Not posible to track individual information and more custom options,

Response from Built

Hi Vitor! Thank you for your review! One of our biggest goals is to keep the software extremely user-friendly, and I'm glad that we were able to accomplish that for you!

I would like to know more about what information you would like to track and the custom options that you'd like to have. If you email [email protected], I'd love to see if we can come up with some better solutions for you!

Dan
Dan
  • Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use - and getting better!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

We have better communications on people's PTO time usage between management and bookkeeping. That alone is worth the cost of what it can do. But it also prevents confusion amongst our staff and who is going to be taking time off when.

Pros

If you are lookingfor software that's easy to use and helps you to manage your people's time, builtforteams is a great product. We are currently using it to manage our people's PTO time and our hourly employees timesheets.

Cons

on occasion, it's hard to find the right location to change a little information. But customer service is always on top of any request and it doesn't take long to get it resolved.

Response from Built

Dan, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you and your employees! Thank you for being our customer and for taking time to share your experience using our product.

Tanya

So easy to use and Robust!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I enjoy this software and their customer service is amazing!

I enjoy this software and their customer service is amazing!

Pros

It's super easy to use! I can manage it for the company without using a lot of my time!

Cons

Not much! It's a great software, haven't had an issue yet.

Response from Built

Such a great review Tanya! We are thrilled to hear Built for Teams is saving you time, has been so easy for you to use and that your experience with our customer support has been amazing! Thank you again for your review!