Built for Teams

Cloud Based Solution for Time Off Tracking, Org Chart & More

Scott G.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Easy Managing of Employee Vacations and Time Off.

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

As a small business it is challenging when people are out of the office. Before BFT we utilized Outlook to manage vacations and other out of office items. The problems was that anyone could edit the calendar so we had no idea if the time off was approved by management or not. We also had no easy way to track the total time off an employee was taking. With BFT all employees must make requests to management. Management can view the amount of time they already took off and decide to approve or deny the request. This ensures that employees do not take more time off then they are allowed.

Pros

When an employee requests time off for various reasons they can easily send a request using the BFT application on their desktop. The request shows up in my inbox and I can approve or deny with one click. Before I approve it however the request shows any already approved vacation conflicts. The online calendar syncs with Outlook so I can see at a glance upcoming vacations. I also like that you can add additional categories other than Vacation. This gives the employee options on how to use their allotted time.

Cons

At the moment I have not found any issues with the software.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you so much for the detailed review Scott! Built for Teams is a solution for organizations of all sizes and we are so glad your smaller business has found a solution to managing time off and office coverage using Built for Teams! We value your business and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer for over 2 years now!

Katie M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

You guys have done or worked with me to figure out the best solutions to my problem. I wish the software was more personalized or had the options to personalize more but you listen to your customers and I appreciate that.

Pros

Its very simple and easy to use. Customer service is great and they always respond in a timely manner

Cons

I'm not able to personalize per role. Like all level two managers see this, level one this, level three this.
I would like to be able to personalize the calendar more as far as black out dates vs days we cant have any techs off but can still have office roles off. We are a body shop and only have fill ins for specific roles. I wish when I changed someones job title it automatically changed them to the group they are in. For example: If we have a DA Tech that moves to a team. I can select that he is moving to Reassembly Jr and the group i made would update his hrs to 10 hrs PTO time when requested, it would remove him from the DA Tech group he was in and add him to the Reassembly group, etc. It would make it a lot easier to sync everything to one.

Response from Built for Teams

Katie, we really appreciate your feedback. I know your organization has had some unique needs, based on the type of work you do and the way your organization is structured. We'll keep working with you to try to find ways to meet your unique needs!

Tanesha G.

Finally the Right Product!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

This was one of my best business purchases. It is cost effective and gets the job done. I love that the users can monitor their own account and it cuts down on calls and manually tracking.

Pros

Set it and forget it! The setup was easy, there in no ongoing maintenance, and you just add employees as you go. The available policies are customizable and the administrator can edit as needed. The approval process for PTO is very user friendly. The weekly reminders are very helpful!

Cons

Sometimes, I forget to send the initial set-up email to the employee after adding the new hire to the system. This should be automatic. The directory, org chart and people should be intertwined for ease of use; the sections sort of do the same function. When approving time off requests, it allows approve or deny, but sometimes I need space to send feedback.

Response from Built for Teams

Tanesha, your review is so great! We love to hear that you value Built for Teams enough to consider it one of your best business purchases and offers a more effective solution to so many of your daily tasks. As for automating the setup email invitation, many customers like to create employee accounts and assign documents and create schedules etc all before inviting them to the system to ensure they aren't granted access until their profile is complete. This is just one example of why that process is not automatic, but there is a user login report you can pull to help you determine who has or has not been invited as well as if they have logged in or not.
If you want to leave feedback on a time off request, you'll need to log into Built for Teams to approve/deny rather than using your email to approve/deny. Then you can leave feedback or comments on the request.
We appreciate your time in leaving us such a great review and we truly value you as a customer! Thank you again!

Shannon D.

Built for Teams is the BEST PTO tracking website

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

We were searching for software/a website that would enable us to keep PTO updated and accurate (we do not have many hourly employees and most other websites/software include hours worked, not just PTO). Built for Teams has enabled us to do this with ease. Employees are able to login and request for time off and supervisors are then able to go in and either approve or deny the request. Payroll is then able to run reports based on date and have easy access to who used what PTO during a pay period and then enter it into our accounting software to double check that the remaining hours for each employee are accurate. Built for Teams has been a huge asset to tracking PTO in our company!

Also, the team behind Built for Teams is VERY responsive to and questions that we have had. They are quick to respond and very helpful!

Pros

The best part of Built for Teams is the ease of use and that it ONLY tracks PTO, not hours worked by employees.

Cons

Nothing....it's great! I can't say anything negative about this product

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you for the kind words, Shannon! You've been a fantastic customer and we love working with you. We recognize that some companies want to track hours worked PLUS time off, and other companies like yours only want to track time off. So, we've made Built for Teams ultra flexible to support both scenarios! If at any point in time you do need to start tracking hours worked just let us know and we can help you upgrade to our timesheet feature. Thanks again!

George M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Poor support

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to set up. Our employees liked it.

Cons

Software works. Reaching people with questions does not. Our managers could not see our PTO requests, even after they were set up to.

Response from Built for Teams

George, we appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear your employees are loving Built for Teams. The majority of our reviews rave about our customer support so it's rather surprising to hear otherwise. We value our customers and apologize if you had a less than satisfactory experience at one point. Thank you for continuing to be a Built for Teams customer and allowing us the opportunity to strive to serve you better!

Nicole P.

Built for Managers

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Built for Teams has helped me manage my own, plus my team's schedules. It's super easy to make adjustments to requests and have everything re-calibrate. Previously, i was managing vacation and sick time through my inbox and Excel so when it came time for me to report it took time. Now I don't need to even report - the information is already there for Management and HR to view any time.

Pros

It's very easy for me to manage my team's vacation and sick time in Built. The calendar view for the entire company is also a huge plus, especially near the holidays and Summer when many people are out - it helps build my expectations for response :)

Cons

Nothing that stands out as a big con but it would be nice to have the ability to build different views. Maybe this is possible if you are the admin, not sure.

Response from Built for Teams

It's great to hear that our product is making your life easier, Nicole! That's our goal and we're working hard to continue to improve our product all the time. Thank you for being our customer!

Zil S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Good Value for your money but bery basic

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Built for teams is helping our team submit PTO requests. Its a simple and well laid out product but doesn't have many bells and whistles. It is a good product for the cost.

Pros

The Software is easy to use and visually appealing. It gives just the basics.

Cons

It does not provide much functionality for rolling over excess PTO to be used in another year or other more complex situations that may arise regarding benefits.

Response from Built for Teams

Zil, thanks for your review! Built for Teams actually does support rolling over excess PTO from year to year. Can we help you get that policy setting configured? And if there are any other complex situations you'd like to address let's discuss those. Our product is quite flexible!

Sharon B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

Accesibility is absolutely the best . Use it daily

Cons

Putting my information in twice is not good.

Response from Built for Teams

Hello, Sharon! Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you find Built for Teams so easy to use.

I have a follow up question for you though on your comment regarding "putting your information in twice." Built for Teams doesn't require you to do this, so is this comment in reference to something that you organization requires of you, such as also entering your time off into some other system?

If so, I'd love to have you update your review accordingly just so that future customers who read it don't mistakenly think our product requires double data entry! Would you mind doing that?

Jamie B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Except for Time Intervals

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Pros

I like the fact that I can see all of my time off requests in one place.

Cons

I do not like the current requested time intervals setup. Right now it is set to only 30 minute intervals but I feel like it would be more helpful - at a minimum - to have 15 minute intervals. The best solution would be 5 minute intervals for requesting time off for late arrivals or early departures as those things can vary.

I would also like the functionality to schedule things farther out past my "bank" of time available as things like vacations, etc. can be scheduled way in advance.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you so much for your review and feedback Jamie! So happy you like having all of your requests in one place! In reference to time intervals or increments, Built for Teams actually has the ability to allow employees to take time off in either 1-minute increments, 15-minute increments, 30-minute increments, or in half-day increments. Each individual company configures their settings to determine which increment is preferred for their method of tracking time off. I would also like to let you know that you actually can schedule vacations etc as far out as you would like. Simply because your current policy year only shows the current year, you can still go ahead and request time off and it will show in your Current Requests section of your profile. We hope that helps to clarify a few things for you and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Amelia R.

Simple yet comprehensive

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Pros

This software has everything that is needed to track employee time off. It has a clear calendar that shows all of the information without cluttering your own personal calendar and you can turn different groups on or off to get a fast look at the groups of people you need to see. As someone who both approves and sends requests, I love how quickly I can do both!

Cons

I did want to integrate one of our agency's teams into my personal calendar so that I could see that info alongside calendar events, but I did have difficulty with that. There is a way, but I could not get it to work. Most likely user error though haha!

Response from Built for Teams

Amelia, we are so glad that you enjoy how quick and easy it is to approve and send requests using Built for Teams. Our calendar viewing options are great and we just released another update to customize that view further! We would love to help you overcome any "user errors" to get your iCal feed to your personal calendar working smoothly. It really is a great feature! Thanks for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Sandra E.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Staffing Specifix

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

It has been a great experience using this software

Pros

What I enjoy the most about this software is that it is very user-friendly.
The navigation process is very simple .

Cons

Can't think of any.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you, Sandra!

Patricia G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good system

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I like the system very much no complaints

Pros

it is very user friendly. My employees find it user friendly as well

Cons

It is pretty easy to use so really nothing

Response from Built for Teams

Hello, Patricia! We're very happy to know that Built for Teams feels so user friendly to you and to your employees. We're always here to listen if you have any further feedback at any point in the future. Thank you for being our customer!

Josephine C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

Easy to use and time saver when communicating with team!

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software!

Response from Built for Teams

Josephine! Thank you for such a stellar review! We love hearing the Built for Teams is helping you save time and improving team communication. We value you as a Built for Teams customer and look forward to continuing to work with you!

Kim H.

Simplified Employee Information

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

In the past, since we are a small office, we maintained PTO and other benefits in a spreadsheet. Employees provided a sheet requesting dates off. Now that everything is automated we don't have the issue of missed reporting. Well worth the cost.

Pros

It's great in that once I enter Employee's information I don't have to worry about missing insurance or 401(k) entry dates as it reminds me. In addition, we don't miss upcoming birthdays or employee anniversaries.

Cons

Had a little trouble with PTO adjustments mid year, but support helped work out issues

Response from Built for Teams

Thanks for the review, Kim. We really appreciate your business and are happy to hear that Built for Teams is saving you time and helping you keep employee information accurate!

Bill B.

Great Service With Zero Issues!

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

We have saved time and money while making our PTO/sick time processes and policies easier, more efficient, and more clear.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and configure. The customer support has been very helpful with the few problems we have had. It has taken what was a cobbled together system of paper forms and spreadsheets and streamlined at a very reasonable price - the value proposition has been attractive to say the least.

Cons

I have no complaints at the present time, although it would be nice to be able to further customize the time off categories/add more, as well as automate more of the year end processes we have.

Response from Built for Teams

Hello, Bill! Thanks for being a customer and for posting a review. Your feedback is so helpful. In terms of customizing your time off categories and adding more, we'd be happy to help you do that. Do you mind replying and letting us know a few more details? Thanks!

Brad M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Built For Teams......Easy and Uswr Friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Pros

I like the one-click "Approve" or "Deny" request option and that it is easy to use on the iPhone using the app.

Cons

Sometimes the calendar can be confusing.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you so much for your review Brad! Being able to approve or deny your employees time off right from your phone sounds like it's been a game changer for you! Managing tasks like that on the go is super convenient and we are glad you enjoy that feature! If you need some additional support to configure your calendar to your liking, please don't hesitate to reach out as we would be happy to help!

Tara V.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

It is very easy to use. I like that I can view all time PTO time used and what I have remaining.

Cons

No dislikes. It is pretty self explanatory and there isn't anything I've come across yet that I don't like.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you Tara! We're thrilled to read that you enjoy Built for Teams so much.

William H.

My Team

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

I believe Built for teams has allowed me to spend more time working because it does all the tracking.

Pros

I like the automatic email after someone puts in a time off request, so my schedule can be better manage.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. the product seems to work without issue.

Response from Built for Teams

William, glad to hear the automation Built for Teams provides is saving you time and allowing you to better manage schedules. Thank you so much for your review!

Kristi N.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Built for Teams Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

Not relying on one person to keep track of the staff time and giving the employee a way to view and keep track of their PTO.

Pros

I like that I can keep track of what PTO time I have used and have available.

Cons

It would be nice to get a warning when I am getting close to my maximum PTO accumulated time. That way I wouldn't lose my benefit of PTO I have earned.

Response from Built for Teams

Thanks for your review Kristi! Our customers love the freedom they have to see their PTO usage and remaining balance whenever they want! Convenient and time saving to say the least. We appreciate your feedback about a notification regarding max balances. We love hearing from our customers as we work to continually add improvements to our product!

Kelly S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Built for Teams

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Pros

Makes approving time off for employees simple. Allows information on employees to be found instantly.

Cons

I do not like that all employees who have a Built account can access the calendar and see other's time off.

Response from Built for Teams

Kelly thank you so much for the review and feedback! Built for Teams does allow time requests to be simple and keeps employee information centralized. In reference to the calendar view, Built for Teams offers the capability for each company to configure custom settings that can allow full visibility or limited visibility with the option to include or exclude certain event types or time off details. Again, these are settings defined by each individual company. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Gregory N.

Not the best but not bad

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

It has been easy to use and there haven't been any "Hate" features of it. Most of the features are nice additions that I didn't realize would be nice to have at the finger tips. Easy to navigate but can be tricky to find some documents. Overall good experience and seems to work fluidly with other systems and reporting.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. You don't need any training to understand the software and how to get around. There are filters that can allow you to see "Hours" vs "Days" for time off.

Cons

There can be hidden pockets of information that are hard to find and navigate into. Simple training would fix this but not necessary. There isn't a lot going on with it, could be more features added to simplify the navigation process.

Response from Built for Teams

Gregory we certainly appreciate your feedback and review! Built for Teams is designed to be user friendly but it is also very powerful and there are many features/modules available providing a variety of services. Our customer support team is always happy to assist with navigating the software and giving you the tools you need! Thank you again for your time in leaving us a review.

Hassle-free software

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

As I mentioned above, the calendar feature is really a game changer. It cuts out quite a bit of unnecessary back and forth communication when planning meetings or events in advance.

Pros

I liked that when I logged on for the first time, I was able to navigate the site easily. Everything is self-explanatory and to the point. I especially like the calendar feature, which allows me to see other team member's PTO. It's very helpful when planning meetings or events in advance.

Cons

Currently there are just two options for PTO - half day and full day. An option to take just an hour or two would be helpful.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you for leaving a review of our Built for Teams! It sounds like the calendar and general ease of use have been very helpful, and that's so good to hear.

Regarding taking time off in smaller increments, the system does support that! Your company has the ability to determine a minimum amount of time off that you must use, though, and it appears they've limited you to only using half days at a minimum. If your account administrators would like to change that setting we're happy to help them do that!

Libra F.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very simple to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

I like how easy it is to submit for my PTO and that im able to see what my coworkers have put in so we do not have conflicting schedules

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike about the software so far.

Response from Built for Teams

Ease of use is a top priority for us, so thank you for letting us know we're doing a good job in that regard! We appreciate having you as a customer, Libra!

Andrea C.

The customer service is top notch!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

It is easy to use for a company our size. It tracks all the information and keeps everything organized. Allows for Supervisors to check employees balances quickly.

Cons

They are working on calculation errors with the Vacation Time - other wise everything else is good.

Response from Built for Teams

Thank you for the kind review, Andrea! We really appreciate having you as a customer. Regarding the issue you mentioned with vacation calculations, I just double checked with our support team and they said they were able to do a phone call with you explaining that the numbers were actually calculated correctly and that they were able to help explain the calculations to you. If you have any further questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out!

Mike T.

Easy for Users

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Great! I used it as soon as I got started with the school to fill out all my paperwork and submit right on the site. I knew exactly what was still needed before I started working there.

Pros

It is easy for me to submit requests for time off and provided detailed reasons for my absence (no more paper!)
It is easy for me to check to see how many days of vacation I have left instantly, instead of having to call HR to verify.
I like that I can see the handbook and other HR documents right away.

Cons

It takes a while to figure it out. Non-tech users will need more support.

Response from Built for Teams

Mike, we are so glad that Built for Teams has made the process of requesting time off simple in addition to having your PTO information and other important company documents right at your fingertips! We understand some are more tech savvy than others, which is why we have amazing customer support as well as a searchable support database to assist new users every step of the way! Thank you so much for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!