eSSETS Reviews

eSSETS

Cloud-based facility & asset management software

4.8/5 (10 reviews)
Lee R.

I work in Essets daily, it's people friendly and easy to learn.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

It makes my work flow so much easier. It keeps up with our hour/mileage on all our heavy and service trucks. Tell us when PM is due on each equipment. I put in work orders for our Mechanics and Maintenance department. It also tell you how long a work order is open . Easy to pull when I need to know how many times a equipment was worked on. We've been with Essets for a little over two years and we are very pleased with this program and customer support.

Cons

I just wish when we retire a equipment or a service truck it would red out the letters so it is easier to spot what has been retired vs. what is still active when I look up stuff in the Things menu. One more suggestion would be we used to be able to see photos of our Heavy equipment and service trucks in the things menu. Now we have to click on the photo icon, I like the old way better. I'm in and out of equipment list all the time sometimes it's easier by seeing the photo next to it, so I know I have right equipment.

Response from eSSETS

Thanks Rachel! Improvements to handling of retired equipment is on it's way in an upcoming release.

Arthur M.

Reviewed on 2012/12/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We're a medium sized transportation and environmental contracting firm. We operate several over-the-road vehicles, several pull behind pieces of equipment, numerous other maintnance required pieces of equipment such as pumps, generators, various motorized units, forklifts, etc., and we use eSSETS to inventory and monitor our various fixed buildings and mobil office units.

Before we started using eSSETS, we tracked all the usage, maintenance and capital improvements to all of these items throught spreadsheets, files, and marker boards. With eSSETS we were able to put all the ongoing information on all the equipment into one centralized computerized system where with a few keystrokes we can have a visual representation of everything on one or a few screens. The owner and I travel and are not always at the main plant where I can keep my eye on my revenue producing assets. So with eSSETS I can readily pull up all my equipment and check on their status and monitor if my managers are keeping up with PM and previously listed repairs. Very beneficial aspects of the system include easily accessable historical tracking or activities for each piece of equipment/asset, various financial information for each item and very importantly actions lists to remind us for PM and inspections.

As far as the inital set up the eSSETS representative walked me and my staff through the whole set up process and got us up-loading our equipment list fairly quickly where we could start the process of inputting activities and reminders. The system is pretty user friendly but if we needed some help to customize a particular function, or better understand some capability, the eSSETS support rep was always immediately available or responded to a message within a very short time.

The most important benefit I've found from the system is as my business has grown in size both in each location and now regionally, and that I'm traveling more, I have much better access to information and control on my assets. Additionally, my employees stay ahead of upcoming needs for the equipment better and I am able to monitor the activities better since the information is always with me online. One function we haven't explored much yet is the program's capabilites regarding energy consumption and cost analysis, but we plan on investigating this potential as we aquire more data.

Arthur M.

We use eSSETS at WasteXpress Environmental

Reviewed on 2013/07/20

Before we started using eSSETS, we tracked all the usage, maintenance and capital improvements to all of these items through spreadsheets, files, and marker boards. With eSSETS we were able to put all the ongoing information on all the equipment into one centralized computerized system where with a few keystrokes we can have a visual representation of everything on one or a few screens. I travel frequently and am not always at the main plant where I can keep my eye on my revenue producing assets. So with eSSETS I can readily pull up all my equipment and check on their status and monitor if my managers are keeping up with PM and previously listed repairs. Very beneficial aspects of the system include easily accessible historical tracking or activities for each piece of equipment/asset, various financial information for each item and very importantly actions lists to remind us for PM and inspections.

As far as the initial set up the eSSETS representative walked me and my staff through the whole set up process and got us up-loading our equipment list fairly quickly where we could start the process of inputting activities and reminders. The system is pretty user friendly but if we needed some help with a particular function, or better understand some capability, the eSSETS support rep was always immediately available or responded to a message within a very short time.

Art G.

Facilities Manager, Diagnostic Systems of Georgia

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Up time on my equipment !

Pros

We evaluated eight different softwares before selecting eSSETS. Six of them seemed very cumbersome. We picked eSSETS because it looked simple and straightforward for our seven clinics. We found that setup was very simple, and initial training and ongoing support has been excellent. We use a lot of speciality medical equipment contractors for service and preventive maintenance. Scheduling and tracking those PM,s has helped us streamline our operations.

Jon G.

Wonder-software

Reviewed on 2015/05/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Every aspect of my maintenance department runs better. It's amazing what being organized can do for productivity-- and eSSETS makes it possible. The service factor is also huge. From implementation and product training to support, they took care of me every step of the way.

Cons

No app for iPhone. It would be nice to have specialized apps available on more mobile devices.

Rick T.

Asset Management at OTC

Reviewed on 2013/07/20

Ozarks Technical Community College (OTC) has experienced rapid growth over the past several years. We had been tracking work orders with a modified help desk system used by our IT department, along with email, and lots of paper. With two new facilities under construction, we decided we needed a true facilities and asset management application. We wanted to be sure and track warranty coverage for new mechanical, plumbing and electrical equipment at our new facilities, and start to gather data on all our other assets.

After evaluating other options, we selected eSSETS. We're very pleased with our selection. We're tracking service requests from college staff, and scheduling preventive maintenance activities. We're tracking all repairs, maintenance activities, and costs for each location, and in many cases down to the individual asset. Our account manager has provided proactive support. We see the benefits of the frequent enhancement delivered without requesting action from our IT department. We continue to discover new ways to use information captured by the system to help with decision making.

Gail P.

Maintenance advances at I-44 Cold Storage

Reviewed on 2013/07/20

We are a cold-storage warehousing operation. Keeping our refrigeration equipment operating is critical. We use eSSETS to schedule maintenance and inspections. Data captured from inspections are used to identify trends to help us predict developing equipment issues. The action-list builder allows us to create and tweak our PM and inspection forms electronically. Our techs use the mobile app to capture data in real time, without passing around paper for later data input or filing. It saves a lot of time over our old clipboard process. Plus, we now capture the time it takes for each activity, and track parts and supplies used - so we can track time and costs down to an individual chiller, or forklift, or any other equipment asset.

Support and responsiveness from the eSSETS team has been first class. The product gets better all the time.

Jim D.

UICCU eSSETS

Reviewed on 2014/07/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's fairly easy to understand. The vendor is readily available for consultation. The Work Order App works great for staff to submit requests. My team can take possession of a task without me assigning it.

Cons

Creating and scheduling some repetitive tasks is not optimal. Trying to work with them to improve.

Andre-keish N.

The most versitile business management tool.

Reviewed on 2015/02/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that the eSSets is totally cloud-based, making it completely accessible anytime anywhere over the internet. The customer support is really awesome.

Cons

I haven't yet found any unusable function of the program. The vendor support has been phenomenal.

Jon G.