RedTeam

Project management & accounting for commercial construction

Valerie B.

Excellent Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

One of the things that I like about RedTeam is the job cost reports. I can provide reports to PM's in seconds, instead of having to go to different softwares to pull numbers.

I also like the interface between RedTeam and DocuSign with sending POs and subcontracts. It makes it easy to track if a contract was signed by our vendor. Before RedTeam, we didn't have a way to track the status of contracts.

The lien tracker is very helpful to keep track of our preliminary liens. Before we used Excel to keep track of them.

Cons

The WIP Reports need a little work. Once a project is closed, it is dropped off our WIP report. Currently, we are using Excel.

The billing needs a little help. We would like to be able to enter in the current amount that we want to bill instead of using a percentage or having to add the number to the previous amount billed.

Lou ann S.

REDTEAM Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Job costs

Pros

Integration into QBO and the tracking of job costs

Cons

reports - the detail of some reports is lacking. I would like to open and see a complete snapshot of money in/out including vendors and suppliers

Bill A.

Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

It has helped me keep up with the daily challenges we face with a construction project. From cost estimates to daily communication with architects and clients it keeps everything organized in one place for ease of use and review.

Pros

That it pulls together all the everyday issues I need to deal with for Construction management

Cons

Layers of links in the email to documents has been a complaint I receive from Architects.

Kyle M.

Red Team an Amazing Software for Construction

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

My overall experience for this product is I like it a lot. Even though there are a few issues we have with the minor errors here and there, it is overall a great product to have. To be able to list everything you need for a superintendent on a job site to document everything down in one place is huge. I believe this team can make this software even better in the future by continuing to make changes and updates and listening to their customers who tend to use this all the time.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it has been a massive help with our employees and customers in the field and the office. It labels things clearly, and it documents everything how we want it.

Cons

I believe there is still a few bugs with this software on the mobile side, also a few on the desktop side. Not being able to since RFI's with plan grid sets us back a few. Not being able to Edit some of the accounting fields makes it a little tricky for our controller to get the correct numbers. Just a few tweaks here and there and listing to suggestions from customers who use it every day will help improve this product if the development team could act on it.

Dana W.

Efficiencies and Increased Productivity

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

RedTeam has been an effective upgrade to our previous software systems. Processes are streamlined and employees are more productive overall. We have a great relationship with the team and feel that we are a valued client. Their market value can't be beat.

Pros

This software provides many efficiencies across all departments of our business. We are able to unify reporting and budgeting so that every project is done the same way. We have been able to improve our processes and procedures to be more productive and profitable.

Cons

At times changes are made overnight to the software without communications and are noticed the next morning that something looks or computes differently.

Kerri R.

RedTeam software is an important part of our business

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

RedTeam software has allowed us to have a place to consolidate all of our construction data and also the security to know it is backed up to the cloud. The entire team has embraced this software and can see the status of any project at any time. It has become an important part of our business for everything from bids to accounts payable to budgeting. The support team has also been really top notch. They clearly have a vested interest in their product and care about us being able to use it successfully. This support has been very much appreciated as we integrated this tool into our day to day operations

Pros

It has an easy to understand interface. This has allowed us to go paperless in our accounting process.

Cons

It is a new product that changes with updates. Although the updates are usually for the better it takes a bit of time to acclimate to the changes.

Robert R.

My Thoughts

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Excellent customer support. They're focused on providing a great experience. It shows.

Pros

It's very well thought through. Very complete in the picture it can paint. I appreciate the fact it interfaces with GBO rather than creating a stand alone accounting engine. Now, I get the best of what's available with QBO, and RedTeam focuses on what they do best.

Cons

Identification of the various functions. Sometimes it takes a while to find a specific function. The good part, the functionality is there.

Buzz J.

Robust capabilities but steep learning curve

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

We are still working to get it implemented, it has been a project rich environment with a thick construction schedule, leaving little time to train several of our key people. Just can't pull them off of tight schedules for now.

Pros

I liked the large feature set and the cloud based model of the product. Red Team is also fairly responsive to help requests, more so than most other platforms. The training video library is very helpful, one of the most comprehensive on the market. There is quite a lot of value for the price.

Cons

The biggest negative is the learning curve issue. There are many modules and many settings. When a user first lands in the software it's like parachuting into a jungle. The modules can be glitchy at times, requiring a tweak by a coder. There are many hours of tutorial videos and that is the saving grace of the platform, however, in a busy construction environment, it is difficult to find time to train, even with the videos. Even with negatives, I have not seen a better alternative.

Joseph B.

Amazing customer service and support, a great time saving and cost tracking tool.

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Having set up several other management software systems, I was used to poor customer service upon signing the contract. Redteam's staff changed that opinion immediately and now two years in, continue to respond in less than 24 hours, have continued to improve their online issues tracking, have great webinars for learning features, and continue to improve every aspect of their product. They were hands on in the implementation, and always followed through to make sure we were pointed in the right direction or using features properly if asked. I'd love to thank all of their staff by name, but that might take too long. Other things I loved were that there has been no staff turn over, which with some of the other vendors I deal with, has been a major issue. Once implemented, and trained your staff will love this product.

Lori K.

End User Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

This software program has many features that are very helpful in the construction world. The developers seem to anticipate and make needed updates to make it easier for the end user.

Cons

At this time, I do not have any complaints about this software.

Louis C.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

I depend on the constant real time info it provides and the ease of access. I also like the "share-ability"

Pros

It is very convenient and sensible to have so much info easy too access

Cons

Some customization of forms and creating a format that is new is very difficult or impossible.

Garrison G.

Good overall. Clean up modules and work flows.

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

It’s a good value and overall product. Some of the modules could be fine tuned and made more efficient.

Pros

Great value and job site records and document control.

Cons

Very narrow use in billing functionality and alternative invoicing on projects. Too many permissions.

Leslie S.

RedTeam Software - Great for our small construction company

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

We have used RedTeam for approximately two years and have enjoyed its ease of use and the app, which makes using it in the field a snap.

Pros

Very easy to use.

Cons

Most of what we least liked has been repaired, such as the uploading capabilities in the Plan Room. These have been greatly improved.

Daniel H.

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

Consistency among project managers. Everything is back-up. We can upload anything to the project like pictures, etc and it will be with the project and back-up.

Cons

Not intuitive. Sometimes something that seems like a simple task requires a lot of steps and different screens to accomplish. Lack of cost plus format.

Mario S.

Mario's Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Their service department does their job really well and so far have helped me with any issue I have had.

Pros

This software covers almost every feature needed for the construction process. There is no need for an additional software.

Cons

The UI is not intuitive at all. I have been using this software for more than 2 years, and I am still struggling to locate certain features from time to time.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for taking the time to review RedTeam! We take the feedback we receive and always look to learn what we can do better to serve our clients.

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

The experiences have not been the best, sometimes they are fine...but mostly the chat isn't available when needed and situations have had to be escalated due to responses not being timely or accurate

Pros

Entering in invoices
Being able to uncommit things when you need to
Having the chat available, although not always available

Cons

Once a project is created you aren't able to make any changes
Most things you can't delete, you have to inactive items and start over

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I am sorry you don;t feel the experience using RedTeam has not met your expectations and I would love to learn more. Feel free to reach out at any time and ask for Fred and I would be happy to discuss your concerns.

Jean B.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

The software is great and user friendly. They are always make improvements.

Cons

As an accountant, I understood the software, as a non account, not so much.

Mason M.
  • Industry: Utilities

customer service is beyond measure!

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

This software company actually seems to care about your company. Our company has gone through countless different softwares and with all of them their customer service was horrible. Trying to fix an issue with most of them was like pulling teeth. Not with RedTeam though. You can basically look at them as one of your employees.

Pros

The best thing about this software is how user friendly it is and if there is anything you cant figure out there is always either a video on how to do it, an article to read about it, or someone who you can schedule a one on one with to have them walk you through it. The customer service is just remarkable!

Cons

There is one thing I wish this software and that is dispatching. I believe someone from RedTeam stated that dispatching is on there list of tools to incorporate and if/when that is incorporated I think this software would be perfect!

Riccardo S.

There is room for improvement

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

• Change order narrative cannot be limited in characters; ned ability to write description as long as needed.
• Change order narrative should be more visible at the beginning of the page and not at the bottom.
• When editing a PCO add a reminder to save the changes when you click on “Close” so the changes are not lost.
• Overall, more consistency in the location of the commands and the look of the pages.
• Add change order number to automatically go to the next available number.
• Add explanation of difference between Potential Change and Potential Change Order.
• Add ability to sort and print RFI log by “Pending”
• Add ability to sort Shop drawings log by “Pending approval” or “Past due” with number of days past due.
• Add ability to move to different tabs of projects without having to get out of page you are working on if you need to refer to other documents in different tabs.
• Add word-editing capabilities like Bold, Underline, etc.

Pros

See comments below under Overall Experience

Cons

See comments below under Overall Experience

Wendy W.

Redteam

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

The customer service is fantastic!

Pros

Integration with QBO, progress reports, dashboard.

Cons

There has been increased downtime lately which makes it difficult for our organization to fully rely on the software.

Amy F.

RedTeam Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

For the most part, RedTeam satisfies all of our business needs. Customer service is well done.

Pros

Functionality is good. The software is user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes "lags" during use. Must exit and return.

Irv E.

Review of Redteam Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Overall I believe that the Redteam Software has been beneficial to our company. We we first started using Redteam software, we had a chat line with Support that helped us get through problems and that is no longer available and my last two or three times sending a question through support, I have not even got a response. Other than that, I am pleased with the software we have purchased for our company.

Pros

I like the weekly webinars that the company has. I think they are informative and beneficial.

Cons

I liked the chat line with support. Support hasn't responded to my last few questions that I have sent them.

Gaby H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Efficient Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

RedTeam is a user friendly, and has a great template for any contracting business that needs help in organizing and start-up.

Pros

Mobility of this software is effective in that it is easy to learn how to use and is compatible with most mobile interfaces for improved communications with those involved with the project. It also has the affordability that smaller businesses will be able to utilize this application as an advantage.

Cons

Some features are not fully developed to their true potential which shows in the difficulty to follow how to use such as the submittal process. A couple other components needs some fixes before they can be utilized in an effective manner.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for the feedback! We have been doing enhancements to the submittal workflow and welcome any feedback you might have.

Sean R.

Works good but needs work

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

I love the ability to send out bid invites and receive bids through the software, which is a major time saver.

Cons

I'm not impressed with how often it goes out or the fact that it can be difficult to navigate at times.

Response from RedTeam Software

Sean,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on RedTeam. We are constantly adding to the platform and looking for ways to further streamline workflows. We always strive for perfection and after review in 2019 our up-time was over 99.98%, We recognize any outage is frustrating and will continue to push to hit a perfect review from you and all our clients.
Best regards,
RedTeam

Paige R.

RedTeam Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

Some pros I like about the system is that it is easy to navigate around and find certain spread sheets that are needed for accounting uses

Cons

Some cons i have about the system is that it glitches and sometime there are updates and we as users do not always know about them so when we log in and something is changed we are caught off guard.