Privy

Email list growth platform for marketers

Channel H.

Really Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Overall it's great and it's really helped me to grow my email lists

Pros

It's one of the easier email marketing tools to use and it has some of the best functionality

Cons

I do wish they had more options for creating upsell emails

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and for being a customer!

After using multiple different list growth tools... Privy is finally the one I've settled on.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Over 3000 emails captured in just under a month and optimized the most effective way to do this because of their reporting system and AB testing.

Pros

Great features cover all scenarios you want to test and use for acquring emails. The dashboard and reporting is great too. Very feature heavy, I don't even use most of the features they offer.

Cons

A little pricey when you don't really need to use some of the features they offer. Also would like the ability to better organize the campaigns in date order.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review!

Mahdi B.

Overall is a good Email marketing tool with lots of features

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

I have used it for several websites to capture the emails and worked well.

Pros

It has a lot of good features to help you capture the leads for your website

Cons

Customer support, they need to have a better customer support!

Charles H.

Love this app. Very useful.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Like to be able to alert potential customers with deals in store and sign-ups to gather customer details for customer contact and future sales.

Cons

To date, no real cons for us. This app is very easy to use, has what we need for the time being and works well in getting customer's attention and information we use for sales.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review Charles, glad you love it so far!

Rey W.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Great solution for pop-ups

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

Pros

We loved how easy it was to collect email addresses and make attractive pop ups that matched our site design.

Cons

It’s hard to complain about it! There’s not much to dislike.

Danielle M.

We use privy to collect email addresses online.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

I like the integration with Shopify and MailChimp. This makes address collection pretty easy. There is more functionality that we haven't utilized.

Cons

I had a bad experience recently when I tried to find out the URL that my sign-ups were coming from.

Response from Privy

Hey Danielle - thanks for the review!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had trying to find out what URLs your signups were coming from.

I'll shoot you a separate email to help you with that.

Josh from Privy

Varun A.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Beautiful popups that comes with a price tag

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

It was a pleasant experience till they removed certain features from our existing plan and placed them in the higher plan. Also, their pricing and plans change too often which is a bit worrisome and uncomfortable.

Pros

The templates are beautiful, easy to edit and setup and publish on website. Exit intent works fabulously well on desktop and mobile. Only a few providers have this feature available.

Cons

It's far more expensive as compared to other providers, offering the same set of features in a higher plan which makes it pricey and unaffordable once you attain a certain level of scale in terms of visitors and page views.

Greg L.

BEWARE: MAJOR DE-DUPLICATION BUG

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

They seem like good people but their functionality is not ready for prime time and they have been sitting on this major bug for MONTHS and not telling their customers.

Pros

It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration. BUT...they have one giant Achilles Heel.

Cons

Their system allows for the same email address with different title cases to create duplicate records (e.g., [email protected] and [email protected] will create SEPARATE contacts) so you end up sending multiples to people all the time. You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY! The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it. De-duplication is the most fundamental feature of any email marketing program...it's staggering to me that they have let this go on for so long with no fix and have not even communicated the issue to their customers. Ask them about it before you sign up! Even better...test it an you'll see it happen.

Brittany V.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Captures Attention

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Great for building an email list and getting sales to go through on your site because of coupon offerings!

Pros

This is a great tool for capturing your customer's attention before they're about to leave your Shopify store. I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon. So obviously this tactic works well. I definitely think anyone needs this tool if they have an online store
It's very customizable to your needs and design. And it's great for analytics. Very user-friendly and easy to setup with Shopify, like most add-ons.

Cons

I mean it's a pretty straight forward software. Maybe more catered to smaller businesses rather than large companies.

Elizabeth S.

It's been a great addition!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Perfect for email sign up!

Pros

Every website should have pop ups either for subscribing to e-mail list or announcing sales and promotions. Privy has been a great addition to my website, super easy to use and set up. Highly recommend!

Cons

Wish there were more customization options, like fonts or a way to use your own fonts. Otherwise it's great!

Response from Privy

Thanks Elizabeth!

Glad to hear you're loving Privy.

There are actually a bunch of font options available and if you're on our commerce plan or higher you can install custom fonts.

These Pop-ups Make Some Money!

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

I like this software because it works and makes sales. If you set it up to match your website and branding, it can seriously convert potential sales into real ones.

Cons

I feel like they purposely make the trial difficult to operate so you have to upgrade your account to the next level. Also, this system does overlap sometimes with the way your email client will run if you are just using it for Abandoned Cart popups.

Brionne G.

Cool Tool, Way too Spendy

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

This tool is pretty easy to learn and the sleek interface makes it easy to find the tools you are looking for, whether it's options to customize your pop-up, connecting your MailChimp account, etc.

Cons

It's way too expensive. Competitors offer the same features for a fraction of the price. I also like that it doesn't automatically update your email list, you have to manually export contacts from Privy to MailChimp. Maybe it does it automatically if you upgrade your account.

Response from Privy

Hey Brionne,

Thanks for your review on Capterra! Glad to hear that for the most part you are enjoying Privy. In terms of syncing your new subscribers over to Mailchimp, you can do that automatically on any of our plans. Just go to the automation step of any of your display campaigns, select Mailchimp and then choose which list you want it to sync to in your MC account.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Pamela K.

I like this pop up the best

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

This looks pretty and I especially like the confetti that falls on the screen after someone subscribes to my mailing list. It was easy to install and control. Works on mobile and desktop. Since installing I'm getting MANY more subscribers to my list.

Cons

There was a learning curve to set it up - but not much. I had to figure out how to only put it on certain pages and not my entire site which would be annoying.

Robin C.

Great Program to Grow your List!

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

So easy to use. Drag & drop feature is great. Love being able to test all my campaigns with a/b sending. Easy integration, even for those not tech-savy.

Pros

EASY to use. Setup was seamless and almost did it itself. Quick. Ability to customize to fit your needs.

Cons

Having to pay for it? Seriously, I've been using this software for about 6 months and haven't had a problem that HELP couldn't solve almost instantly for me.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review Robin!

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

App integrates with Shopify

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

It's been very easy to use in the set up phase. Hopefully I will find value when I start the paid service.

Pros

So easy to add this app to my shopify store to start growing and harnessing the power of my email list and 1st party audience. Free trial gives you time to set up and test.

Cons

All these additional apps start to add up over time and you don't realize it when you're setting them up. It's easier to have one solution that covers everything but cannot afford that in the early days.

We LOVE Privy!

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

Privy has helped us increase our email subscribers to our weekly newsletter by 270%!!! We love privy and will absolutely continue to keep it on our website.

Cons

Nothing -- we love Privy, both the free version and the paid version are both wonderful.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and for choosing Privy!

Abigail N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Free Simple Lead Generation Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

While searching for free landing pages, I stumbled upon Privy. I signup for the free plan because of it's integration with Mailchimp and Sendinblue.

My goal was to create a landing page for an email course. The landing page design was easy but my first problem came in the form of the field options.

Privy's free plan is similar to ONTRApages in the sense that the free plan only allows you to ask for the visitor's email. To get the visitors name or any other detail I had to upgrade.

The only way to work around this without spending a dime was to connect privy to MailChimp and use Zapier to connect MailChimp to Hubspot CRM and Hubspot CRM to Clearbit using Zapier.

This wouldn't work because MailChimp's free plan didn't allow automation and while Sendinblue had great automation, there is no Sendinblue-Hubspot CRM Zap.

While Privy is a great free lead generation software, the free version would only be useful if the only field you need in your popups and landing page is the email field. Other than that, it plays nice with various email providers.

I ended up playing with a bit of code and used Sendinblue's signup/subscription form to create a simple landing page, similar to MailChimp's signup form.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Decent

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Privy was helpful in being able to create notifications for people visiting our site.

Pros

Lots of features if you get the paid content.
Can help with retaining website views and get people to know about current campaigns.
Email sign ups

Cons

The basic features are fairly limited. Templates were poorly designed for our taste, clunky to update to something that matched our website.

Kristina B.

It works and then there is the confetti

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Better conversion rate on email signups, flexible design and scheduling of popups - confetti when users sign up.

Pros

This is a good freemium platform for making email signups on your website happen in an attractive way. It has surely led to more conversions for us. For free software it has great features and lots of options, we've all been on the site with too many annoying popups. You can choose that route here or dial back and customize it to the look of your site. The very very best thing is you can make confetti swirl on the user's screen when they sign up. Its magical.

Cons

No complaints. If I want to do more with pop-ups than email sign-ups I will look into the more advanced features.

Response from Privy

Thanks Kristina! Glad you love Privy!

Maya E.

Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Privy's List Growth and Email Tool is a great tool to have for e-commerce businesses. It is designed well and has allowed me to grow my customer email list!

Pros

I love Privy's List Growth and Email Tool. I was able to customize everything about it to make the pop-up appear matching to my website. It has allowed me to grow my email list!

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about Privy's List Growth and Email Tool..It always functions well and is designed well

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review!

Amber F.

Good for Marketing

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

Great for store site popups, with tones of features and designs.

Cons

Free version has a logo on popup and not all features are free.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and for using Privy!

Daniel S.

Flexible and easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

- Like that it integrates with Shopify and Mailchimp
- I like that I can set triggers for when it pops up and easily design new campaigns to test them

Cons

THere are no cons that I can think of. We have a pretty simple use case on our website and it does the job.

Allison W.

Great pop-up tool for email signups

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Pros

Easy to get started with first time email sign ups and syncs with my MailChimp lists automatically.

Cons

The website can be difficult to navigate sometimes when trying to find settings to customize my pop-up with.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Privy

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Over all we have had a great experience with the Privy software. Highly recommend to anyone in real estate or wholesaling. You NEED this software!

Pros

Surpasses any other software we have ever had. Its easy to use, the properties even by general area are accurate and up to date and provides excellent detail and comparisons to other properties.

Cons

Although the price can be a little intimidating, once you have it you'll find it's worth so much more then what your actually paying. Although I do wish they would return emails or questions in a more timely manner

Luca G.

Avoid PRIVY, Design is bad

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Pros

Few extra features, great support team---NO OTHER PROS -

Cons

Price is too high, software doesnt work well, design is garbage. Support stalled and billed me for the entire month when they said they would setup the pop ups for us.