Drip

Drip is for SMB ecommerce brands on the grow.

Cliff
Cliff

I can't quit Drip!

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

I love Drip. We simply have to have another email programme due to certain features that make it worth it for us but we can't do without Drip (even when we try!) because the ease of use for creation and delivery of automated email sequences, which are critical to our educational sales strategy, is second-to-none.

Pros

Drip is hands down the easiest, most intuitive software for us for creating automated email sequences. The templates, along with ease of use, and integrations with all the other platforms and software we use makes it so valuable for us.

Cons

The lack of certain features offered by other platforms, such as tighter integration with Shopify, App, app-based notifications for things like resending non-opens etc mean that we have to double up on some software instead of solely using Drip and that is a major pain.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Integrations ~ So Powerful

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I ran my own email server with arpReach for many years. It was tiresome and I didn't get all the flexibility much less the tagging and tracking I wanted. With Drip I've got a tool that has helped me engage my coaching clients more intimately (and also clear out people who are simply not engaging, which feels really good and keeps costs down as well).

Pros

My WordPress site has such a mix of different tools, I needed an email marketing engine that would integrate with them all with ease and consistency. I also needed excellent delivery and an easy way to track and target website users based on pages visited and clicks. Drip has been excellent in this, and I have introduced other colleagues to Drip who are equally pleased.

Cons

I wish there was a way to bring new solopreneurs in at an introductory price that was lower. I wish the CRM aspects were stronger. I'd love to be able to have a View of the Customer which was more customizable than the current customer lookup.

Ray

Drip is for drips!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We use drip to reach out and connect with Jigglar users to showcase new marketing templates and let them know about upcoming training events etc. We like to connect via email with our people each day.

Sadly, Drip is totally underwhelming and getting involved was a big mistake.

Pros

I like the fact you can schedule a second email that only goes to recipients that didn't open the first email. Apart from that, there are plenty of other email products around with Drip's features

Cons

1. The product is glitchy with lots of bugs and definitely NOT ready for market.
2. The 'error please refresh' message is constantly appearing
3. After copying and pasting or trying to set up a hyperlink, the site often freezes
4. I can only set one hyperlink per email
5. Despite following instructions like formatting images to the correct size images or justifying images to the left they still come out floating in the middle
6. Support is terrible. When a Drip support team member eventually gets back to you (usually takes days) all they do is ask dumb questions.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing Drip

We wanted more features

Reasons for Switching to Drip

Our head of Dev did some research and thought Drip was a better product. He now realizes it aint!
Arheer
Arheer
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Drip is an advanced "All in one Marketing" platform

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

We have used Drip as a part of our marketing automation process. The tool worked well and helped us scale marketing to millions of our customers. It is a useful tool for people looking for a 360 marketing platform.

Pros

Drip helps you create workflow automation. For example, you have an e-commerce store and some purchased an online good using your platform then you can easily send an automatic email for feedback of the product. It also has good visualization of month-on-month change in subscribers and people who unsubscribed. You can also check hourly open rates and based on this data set the best time to send email in future.

Cons

It is an expensive tool as compared to other similar products. They can work on more integrations and additional features like their alternatives.

Response from Drip

Hi Arheer

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that Drip has helped you on your way to growth.

Best regards,

Sebastian from Drip

Mukesh
Mukesh

The ultimate automated email service with a customer support to match.

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Drip serves as a great marketing automation tool combined with CRM for our business.

Pros

The UI is amazing and gives a visual overview of the activity without the need to look at numbers. The automated workflow and the newly added feature of a visual email builder are a treat to the modern marketer. Using Drip for over 3 years now, I have yet to come across an email service that is more of a CRM for small businesses. The chat support is always available and qualified to assist with any challenges if they do arise.

Cons

The limited options for Lead capture forms. The platform has just one form that is designed and since lead capture is what builds the list, having a library of well designed forms would really help.

Wells
Wells
  • Used for 1+ year

Excellent for tracking easy, one-off emails and campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

Our overall experience has been excellent. We were really pleased with the extremely high open rate of our latest Broadcast Emails. In was no hassle to upload dozens of new emails and get a message out in a hurry. We also like the integration with our CRM and with LeadPages.net.

Pros

Drip has a feature called Broadcast Emails that allow you to easily compose a single email, filter the people you want to send to using tags, preview the email, send it and track the responses. We use that to send our customers quick announcements about changes in their subscription products and for reminders about upcoming events. Broadcast Emails are a great way to get started. Then you can graduate to campaigns that use a series of emails with powerful branching, follow-up and CRM integration features.

Cons

In our last email, the image we used looked fine in a web-based email app but was stretched in PC-based email app. I haven't followed up yet with support, but based on past experience with support, they'll have a good answer. Once you have lists of more than 5,000, Drip becomes a lot more costly than some competitors, but if you get even a slight sales edge, it is worth the difference.

Becky
Becky

Automation and customization are easy with Drip

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I've been using Drip to nurture customers, bring old customers back to my funnels, segment to new funnels, and growing my businesses, as well as those of my clients.

I've tried Drip's competitors, and yet I stay with Drip, and continue to put more of my business into their capable software. Well worth the cost and I highly recommend them!

Pros

The visual workflow builder for automation. This makes it easy to walk through your funnels and make sure all the steps are there and make sense for both your business rules and the customer experience.

I'm also a fan of being able to use liquid statements to customize content and functionality. This saves a ton of steps in workflows and allows for personalization, helping you convert better.

Cons

The subscriber profile is presented as a timeline. I would be much better served if subscribers were given a better visual presentation, more like a CRM would provide, in addition to the timeline.

Nic
Nic

Actually enjoyable to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I make money using Drip. They’ve made it easy to use for almost all functions and the feature set is great.

Pros

I can get what I want to get done ... fast. The user interface just makes good sense to me.

Cons

You can’t tag people who have opened emails or clicked. You have down filter them, download a CSV file and then tag them as you reimport them. Turns a 5 min job into a 45 min job.

You can’t turn broadcast emails into campaign emails ... unless you use their new visual email editor ... which is OK but still very clunky.

To get an email template for the plain text editor, you have to import an html file that you create with 3rd party software.

Chhaya
Chhaya
  • Industry: Food Production

Drip- Marketing Automation tool with easy user interface

Reviewed on 2022/05/08

Through our experience so far, Drip has been a very effective tool for both increasing sales and keeping user engaged with our product.

Pros

Drip has proven to be a very effective marketing automation tool in our organization for accelerating the sales. The Drip platform make it easy to create landing pages, responsive email templates and build customer journeys.

Cons

Additional integration with third party tools. I hope the email builder continues to improve.

Carolina
Carolina

Marketing automation solution.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

With the use of Drip I have been able to create targeted marketing campaigns with smart features. This has helped me a lot in my daily work.

Pros

The most positive aspect is that the free plan offers comprehensive functions for companies with 100 subscribers, the creator of visual workflow is very intuitive and easy to handle, also has new integration with Facebook Custom Audiences.

Cons

A negative aspect is that it is intended Drip companies business customers (B2C), especially retailers.

Drip has the most powerful automation to grow your bussiness

Reviewed on 2021/06/26

Drip is excellent platform for E-commerce business. We can create landing pages, email templates , sign up forms, workflows all at one place. We can start using drip from $19 per month.

Pros

Drip automation and Workflows are best in the industry. We can download and select pre-built workflows from their library and can edit before going live. We can select any pre-built email template from their library or we can use drag and drop feature to create responsive email templates. The drag and drop feature for creating Email template is excellent.

Cons

The support team takes more time to solve your issue. Drip pricing goes upto $1500 per month. User interface is outdated must be redesign.

Nate
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Warning for the future..

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Okay platform for burgeoning email marketing teams. When you need to upgrade and get more features, be careful. They completely lock you out of your account unless you pay the next month upfront. I didn't download all my contacts in advance and just expected to be able to still have access to my contacts like other platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact). Couldn't see past campaigns or performance either, so save that data too if you want to be able to look back!

Pros

Clean, appealing interface and easy to navigate

Cons

When your subscription ends, you can't access your contacts without being forced to pay for another month upfront. No warnings of this, so be careful if you switch from them to another platform and extract all the info you want beforehand.

AJ

The Best Email marketing app for the price!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

If you've used any email autoresponder system in the past you know that they can be very complicated and to get the most out of the systems normally requires some behind the scenes hacking.

Drip is a refreshing alternative! Similar features and functionality as you'll find on apps that cost 5-10x the price, intuitive drag-n-drop campaign builders, amazing segmentation options and some really useful javascript extensions make this a great tool if you're focused on lead generation and then maximising your email marketing ROI.

Cons

The few times we've needed to contact support we've found the team to be a bit hit and miss - sometimes you get the right answer straight away, other times you need to chase and escalate.

The actual software itself is great though and thankfully we've not needed too much support so far.

Jeremy
Jeremy

A day to learn. A lifetime to master.

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Overall, the whole thing has been great: cost, customer support, and the general system.

Pros

I love that Drip is simple enough for someone with no marketing automation experience to pick up and use pretty easily. But that, once that initial hurdle is conquered, there are incredibly advanced features, as well. I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do, but I know that it'll be quite a long time until I figure it out all. However, along the way, I'll have exactly what I need to do the basics, and don't need to hire someone to do it for me.

Cons

The analytics take a bit to dig into, sometimes. They're on so many screens, so it's hard to decipher some of the more insightful information.

Also, the workflows aren't always the most intuitive things, but simple tutorials are helping with that. It's better than most other systems.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Amazing value, feature rich!

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Overall I am super happy with Drip and would recommend it to others, even those who are NOT tech savvy!

Pros

Drip is a marketing automation platform, not just an email distribution system. It does so much more than send email blasts. It helps you qualify and nurture leads, leading to a better experience for your customers and you!

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use all the features, specifically the rules, workflows, tags and custom fields. However, once you learn the basics, it's simple to maintain.

Caleb
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great List Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Unbelievable customer service, fast response time, helpful videos... I just flat love this.

Pros

Automated workflows for list management and adding/removing tags makes for an incredible ability to segment and automate your subscribers! Blows mailchimp out of the water!

Cons

There's a steep learning curve, but it's really as simple as it gets. Not a lot of good support for HTML emails, but that's okay--and they're making improvements.

Ravi

Expensive but leader in market

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

By Tagging audience based on different options helps alot while desiging email campaigns. Drip is good tool but overpricing for lot of people

Pros

Automation workflows of drip is the major and most powerful feature. Rules and Tags also helps to create different types of audience

Cons

Expensive in the market when compared to other tools and it is burden for freelancers and early stage bloggers

• Industry: Printing

Good so far

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

It has integrated well with our custom website. Since we don't use shopify or anything like that, it was difficult to find a solution for email marketing that would integrate with our site. So far there have been a few hiccups, but overall I'm happy with what we are seeing.

Cons

I have not been impressed with the customer support I have received. Apparently, we are paying enough to get a dedicated customer success rep, but he doesn't seem to have answers to many questions I am asking. It has been mildly frustrating.

HubSpot Marketing Hub
Dave
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Drip Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

Uses tags & segments instead of creating multiple list so you have a person in the database once instead of multiple times like other systems

Easy to create workflows/automations and creating rules for simple tasks like adding a tag or starting or stopping a campaign.

Can have multiple lines of business under one account. I have 3 separate lists in 1 drip account

Easy to see each subscribers activity and scores

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a way to see who opened an email from within a campaign. You can see how many opened it as a number and a percentage of those who were sent it, but cannot drill down to see which people opened it without having to go to the individual subscriber

Support is slow, it can take many days to get a response. Even with a chat option many times no one is available to chat

Mat

Drip has saved me.

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

All of my clients now use Drip which gives me the massive benefit of working with every client's Drip account without having to leave my own. This must-account functionality is a life saver for me!

Pros

Drip's marketing automation (i.e. workflows) give you precision control over every step of your customer's decision making journey.

Cons

Thee isn't a single con I can think of! If I were to really stretch into non-issues though I would say that their onscreen prompts for first time users could provide a few more details.

Heather
Heather
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

WOW! So far it's amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Replacing MailChimp, Emma, and hopefully SalesForce IQ but that remains to be seen. It will also save us money and give us more data. Did I say it supports Tagging!

Pros

Super easy to use, small learning curve even for the novice, great knowledge base. The company I work for decided to use this software and I was importing and adding our lists the same day. So much easier to use and more features than MailChimp. It goes way beyond a simple email platform. It's interface is super clean. It replaces many of our Zaps because it directly integrates with Drift. You can copy & paste your email templates from MailChimp or Emma too for easy migration. It supports tags. And I think best of all - all your contacts are in ONE list. Hard to imagine I know but once you wrap your head around it, it's fabulous.

Cons

So far, nothing! I've only used it for 3 weeks. I also haven't had to use Customer Support for anything yet so I can't comment on that.

Edward
Edward
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Elevate Your Engagement Through Automated Emails with Drip

Reviewed on 2023/01/14

Drip email marketing is a great way for businesses to maintain relationships with their customers. Drip campaigns are automated emails that are sent to customers over a period of time. The goal of drip email campaigns is to provide customers with valuable content that will help build trust and loyalty in the business in a fast and easy way.

Pros

There are some key qualities that make them stand out from the competition: workflows, rules, and campaigns. Workflows allow marketers to set up automated sequences of emails that are sent when triggered by an event or user action. This helps ensure that customers receive targeted messages at the right times, driving engagement and sales. With easy-to-use visual workflow builders, it’s simple to get started with creating powerful automation sequences in no time. Rules provide businesses with greater control over how they interact with their customers. They can be used to trigger events based on customer behavior such as abandoning a cart or signing up for a newsletter subscription. Campaigns are beneficial because they can be personalized, allowing businesses to tailor emails to best fit the needs of their customer segment. They also enable businesses to nurture leads by sending out timely and relevant emails, allowing them to convert more leads into sales.

Cons

Despite its widespread appeal, it isn’t designed for everyone. Instead, Drip has a steep learning curve and is tailored toward an expert audience.

Response from Drip

Hi Edward

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate that!

We are happy that you find so many of our features useful.

Best regards,
Sebastian from Drip

Gabe
Gabe
  • Industry: Information Services

Drip helps me be so much more personal with customers

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

It's super nice that I don't have to baby sit my automations, I can check in and look at stats and reporting but other than that it runs itself.

Pros

I love Drip because of the conditional logic aspect that tailors messages to specific customers. The information that they are receiving from me is always relevant thanks to Drip.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to test campaigns without having to wait for the scheduled time. It would be awesome if I could run a test campaign and preview everything by just running straight through the automation without any delay.

• Industry: Chemicals

Drip

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

It's quick and easy to use, and there are some powerful features. Customer service has generally been good.

Cons

I'm a little concerned that since their buyout from leadpages they will focus solely on squeezing every last dollar out of customers and quality will drop and/or prices will go up. The price jump from 5000 subscribers to 5001 is pretty steep.

Joe
Joe

I love Drip

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Their customer service is among the best online. I know the reps by name and they are playful and helpful.

Pros

I've written entire articles on the subject. https://medicalmarcom.com/medical-device-marketing/drip-versus-aweber/

Cons

The rules and workflows aren't as intuitive as I'd like. Sometimes I have to open multiple windows to track everything.