eSkill

Talent Assessment Platform–Skills Tests, JobFit&Video Interv

Katie M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

We are so happy with eSkill

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

The thing we like most about eSkill is the ability to send multiple subjects within the same test. The software we were using previously had a 40 question test per subject. It would take our applicants forever to complete their testing. Now everything we need can be fit into one test.

Cons

At this time there isn't anything that we don't like about the software. Everything works well for us.

Emily B.

eSkill Applicant Testing

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Very positive. Excellent feedback from applicants. Very pleased with reporting options.

Pros

Very user friendly. Excellent bank of tests. Detailed reporting. We have been very pleased with the customer support with eSkill.

Cons

We have been using eSkill the past few months and have no issues at this point. We have been very pleased with the software and ease of use.

Julie H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Product, easy to use and even easier to customize!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Eskill has been a great product and we have had a wonderful experience working with customer support. They have a large inventory of subjects and questions to help us tailor tests to our specific needs. Eskill assessments are easy for us to administer to candidates and easy for our candidates to take online. Very rarely do our candidates have issues taking the tests online. We are very happy with our choice to use Eskill!

Pros

We love that it is easy to customize tests for our different needs. Eskill has been a fantastic solution for our pre-employment needs!

Cons

The pre-purchase of tokens is hard to gauge our need, but the price is reasonable so it isn't too much of a hardship if we don't use them all or if we need to purchase additional tokens.

Tami S.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Specialized Skills Assessments

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

eskill is a very practical, inexpensive way to conduct a more specific or specialized Skilled assessment.

Pros

The Software is very easy to use and has a very vast and effective library of questions relative to all skill levels and positions. Analytical reports are very helpful and easy to utilize and populate into multiple formats and software programs.

Cons

You can formulate your own questions but analytics often don't recognize them. You can not purchase monthly or smaller test packages. I usually have to purchase more tests than I actually need - Would prefer a pay for test amounts needed package. Even if the price per test was higher, better than buying 10 when I only need 5 :)

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The system easy to use and allows us the flexibility and versatility to create customized...

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

The biggest pro is the customer service we receive. It is fast, friendly and fixes are made as quickly as possible. They have a great interest in our company's success.

Cons

If I were to make any recommendations it would be to have eSkill get feedback from clients on updates they may need. Our business is changing rapidly and with that we need to test for new things like Iphone, IOS etc. Asking their clients for things they may need would be great.

Kathleen M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Skill testing made easy!

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

We needed a way to measure skill without being in-person with both candidates and employees. The test/assessment results factor into hiring decisions, placement into the right job/role and professional development & training plans.

Pros

eSkill allows us to simply and consistently measure skills. We can design training and development plans that include concrete information from the results.

Cons

We have to send the participants to the eSkill site; we do not have it integrated into our own. We would love to see more categories for measuring business/real estate administrative skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We will certainly send your requests to our Content Development Team. Our testing system does have an open API so we can integrate with most platforms. Your Client Success Manager will be able to provide you with a statement of work to be able to integrate.

Claire M.

eSkill

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Capturing candidates skills, often different to how the candidate have presented their skill set.

Pros

User friendly for people taking the tests, administering the tests, viewing the results, number of tests available.

Cons

The set of the tests could be easier to do.

Stacey S.

Great Product that integrates well

Reviewed on 2021/02/21

Pros

The ease of use, customer support and integration with our platform. I will be using ESkill as our vendor of choice for our skill-set testing.

Cons

We do not need to comment here...........

Jen W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great recruitment tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Great, friendly and timely response from eskill team and support, ease of use is great! I'd be hesitant to bring on a future employee in a computer based role without utilizing this assessment.

Pros

We have found success in gaining the pulse of a candidate's computer, typing, and multi-tasking skill sets through this assessment

Cons

This is not so much a con as it is a choice we can update, but some categories like customer service section will have just a few questions that will pull the average score way down if only 1 is missed

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I have had a great experience with ESkill, especially their MS Office Simulations and with the...

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Saving time on testing candidates in the selection process

Pros

Simulations, Large range of subjects. Integration with Taleo is very helpful. The Customer Service team is very helpful.

Cons

Would wish there were more simulations. There are not that many cons other than having more simulations.

Javed A.

Affordable Talent Assessment Solution

Excellent

Pros

Friendly Interface
Good customer support
A good number of reports are available
variety of assessments available

Cons

Limited simulation tests available on the portal

Christine S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

love this software have recommended it to others

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

we are able to determine if an applicant really does possess the skills we are looking for.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of choices. you can also create your own test pulling from different tests.

Cons

there are so many choices, it can be overwhelming. I had to search a little bit to find the tests that had the questions I was looking for. our job titles did not necessarily match yours.

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Good Fit

Great!

Pros

$20k cheaper than competitors, yet more customization capability.

Cons

Needed more support than expected getting launched.

Toni H.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Wonderful customer service; efficient & knowledgeable staff; testing works for hiring staff.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Ease of convenience; wide range of topics that you can test potential candidates on.

Pros

Ease of use and I can send testing to candidates via email remotely, which is beneficial and saves time.

Cons

It can be a bit time consuming to set up a new test; however I have had the help of our account rep, who has designed the test for me based on my comments, so this has worked well.

Gretchen M.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 1+ year

The pros of utilizing eSkill softward

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Pros

The eSkill software was intuitive, the staff is knowledgeable about their product lines to the point of anticipating your questions and having ready answers. They will also follow up with training videos and documentation for ease of use. I have enjoyed utilizing this software and hope to expand my usage of other aspects of the software as my business needs grow.

Cons

Have not had any Cons with this software at this time.

• Used Other for 1+ year

knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Good

Pros

easy to use platform
good customer service
Ability to customize

Cons

knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance: We are looking into case studies as part of our recruitment process to get a better sense of candidate's overall analytical, presentation and organizational skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! Your Client Success Manager is available to you to assist you in performing a case study.

Lynn S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

I found the staff to be exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

My account managers were awesome to work with. They answered all my questions quickly and professionally. I found it easy to add the questions I wanted in my testing and any questions I had were quickly answered by the staff at ESkill. The tests questions to choose from had a large variety and were relevant to our business.

Cons

We had no problems with the software, very happy.

• Industry: Philanthropy

What I like about ESkill

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

I like that I can administer the test when I need to. I don't rely on any outside vendor to do it for me. I also appreciate our rep; she's been super helpful when I've needed extra attention (usually under a deadline!).

Pros

There is a variety of job titles to mix into a specific skills test for candidates. I appreciate this.

Cons

There are so many questions - I don't have time to review every question, but I need to as so many don't apply to the role that we are testing for.

Heather T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

The best Skills testing out there.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

I enjoy the ease of scheduling and purchasing the skill evaluators. Also, my service representative has always been very helpful in picking the test that will fit best.

Cons

Everything is great! I cannot honestly think of one thing that i would change about the skill evaluators.

Bob H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

eSkills

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We utilize eSkills for assessment knowledge and skills for many of our position including, administrative, accounting, and mechanics.

Pros

ease to use
can customize questions/create your own
has canned tests

Cons

need to customize most tests
applicants can "cheat" to answer questions

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill! We are happy to hear you find our testing easy to use. We are continually improving our software and adding additional ways to deter applicants from cheating on the assessments. Your Client Success Manager, Dwight, will happily discuss these different options with you.

Christine S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

eSkill (with iCIMS integration)

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Our account representative is extremely responsive and answers questions promptly. The confidence on eSkill support is solid and as we move forward more that is a great peace of mind.

Pros

The flexibility to custom build your tests is awesome! We are in the beginning stages of customizing our tests for both candidate testing as well as internally for training development needs.

Cons

We implemented eSkill with iCIMS and did not realize until afterwards that you could only have one test per requisition. That one test can be customized to include multiple subject tests within eSkill is the workaround we are utilizing.

Glenda L.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A review of eSkills product

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

I was able to tailor the test to cover the skill sets needed for the job and test candidates in a wide range of skills.

Pros

A large number of skill sets and be included and tested.

Cons

The price was more than what I was budgeted, but the product was useful.

Brian P.

Staffing prescreen tool

seamless integration with 100% uptime

Pros

Price
ease of use
large library of industry-specific test

Cons

Was exactly what we expected and wanted. No Real cons.

Steve G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Practical assessments

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Very positive experience. Adds a missing piece for us in our assessment process.

Pros

The ability to custom design a practical assessment to identify hard skills capacity and expertise in candidates.

Cons

The variety of options takes some time to work through...but worth it in the long run.

Lasya K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

eSkill Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

eSkill is a software that is user-friendly and makes it very easy to take multiple-choice and other objective type tests. It is also easy to record and upload video responses to test questions. Giving people tests through this platform allows for social distancing as well as fairness in timing and grading, since a computer is doing the timing and grading of objective questions.

Cons

There's nothing in particular I disliked about this software.