Moosend

Email marketing, campaign management & automation software

Rachael Woolley
Rachael Woolley

Incredible and easy to use email marketing platform

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

I have been able to organise my email campaigns and use their features on my WordPress website to obtain emails subscriptions.

Pros

Moosend is an easy to navigate platform and the set-up was straightforward. I have been able to design my own email templates, elements and save them for future use. It has been simple to design and set up my email campaigns and build the emails into a funnel for each of my lead magnets. There is also the option to send an email immediately or schedule the exact time of delivery. I like that I have also been able to use Moosend to build a pop-up subscription form that I was able to build into a button on my WordPress website.

Cons

It took time for me to work out how to create a Pop-up subcription form that could be used on my WordPress website.

Kristian
  • Industry: Entertainment

Full fledged email marketing solution

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

-Beautiful, easy to make newsletters with template options
-Good deliverability
-Doesn't cost a fortune

Cons

-The UI is good, but not perfect
-Few more integrations needed and BOOM! It's perfect.

MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Moosend

Had all the features I could ever need with a clearer pricing structure. I feel MailChimp has a lot of upsells ("Oh, if you want to do that, it's possible, but you need to pay for this higher monthly tier...").

Reasons for Switching to Moosend

I felt it had richer features and it didn't have have any negative reviews about deliverability.
Cody
Cody
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Would never recommend Moosend

Reviewed on 2023/03/27

Horrible, waste of time.

Horrible, waste of time.

Pros

I like the pricing, and not much else. 40 char?

Cons

Forced me to clean emails, and rejected my entire list just because it had some "bad emails." They couldn't tell me which were bad. Also the tagging is very limited. I can't submit a CSV list of separatae first name and last name and my own tags. When I reached out for help they said my problem to solve, they won't help. They tried to use the excuse that they were protecting my domain...but it's a newsletter....don't have a domain to protect. But the fact they didn't even want to bother helping is what led me to disable my account. Mailchimp did everything I wanted...but for more money.

Lazaros
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A perfect team supporting a great product

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

The product alone hasn't been very easy to use but the team's personal help makes me rate it very highly

Pros

The support, which is the same for all product tiers and it's excellent

Cons

Integration with Wordpress has been a hassle and it's not very customizable

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Moosend

Free tier has better options Needed a free way to make a demo Better price

Reasons for Switching to Moosend

I prefer the cute branding and the prices
ray
  • Industry: Veterinary

great interface

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Pros

reasonable number of functions, easy to use, great support from the staff

Cons

even better if the thank you page can be generated in the free version

Reasons for Choosing Moosend

free, with enough number of free emails to be stored in free version

Sendlane

Reasons for Switching to Moosend

with more free emails that can be stored in the free version.
Clifford
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

So Far...So Great!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I had some difficulty getting my campaign prepared. Customer service through chat got my problem resolved very quickly.

Pros

I am just getting started, but Customer Service was very helpful.

Cons

I am not sure yet. But I cannot fathom that this will not be better than the previous software I used.

Tiago
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

the best

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

Moosend is easy to use, fast to use, easy to customize, full of options, the support is amazing and they answer in minutes, the free version is very complete and functional. I just love Moosend.

Cons

I don't know what answer here, because Moosend is working really well.

Stamatios
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Totally recommended!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

The best part of using Moosend for my business is that it offers the most complete feature mix and the best price. Totally free up to 1000 emails!

Cons

The fact that I needed to create a business email.

Kofoworola

Their support 10/10 and their platform 10/10

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was such a big help! I definitely love moosend

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was such a big help! I definitely love moosend

Pros

I love that I have all the features and I paid next to nothing for it

Cons

None so far, i love it. I have not had any issues yet

John

Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I needed something I could use that would let me fire out a newsletter from registration to send in 5 minutes. Moosend delivered.

Awe......some!

Pros

It's so simple to get through it. Very quick, never felt lost

Cons

The only thing that slowed me down was the elements builder. Maybe I missed something for templates - but when I say slowed me down, I'm only talking 5 seconds. It was simple

Abigail

Brand new to this

Reviewed on 2021/10/30

I think Moosend is going to serve our nonprofit email needs extremely well. No more segmented list just to get our newsletter out to everyone under standard email sending limits!

Pros

Still learning, but the step by step flow and instructions make onboarding as easy as possible.

Cons

The functions of this software are completely walled off from each other. Rather than being able to navigate from billing/account to emailing to instructional videos, each requires a separate bookmark.

Reasons for Switching to Moosend

I wanted to avoid the reputation of high-pressure sales
Lianne
  • Industry: Furniture

most efficient email marketing tool with AI product recommendations to grow your ecommerce...

Reviewed on 2022/10/08

Pros

Moosend is an amazing tool with some very unique features. The tool is easy to use and the customer service is always on point with any question you might have. The AI-based automation and email templates are a breeze to use. My favourite thing about it is it helps you engage your customers after they leave your site. It’s AI help us send cart abandonment and product recommendation mail which are completely automated which is a big plus. These features make my work so much easier, knowing that my visitors can choose a product recommendation based on their interests and needs. This product recommendations have also helped us increase our sales by 10-15%. I would say it's safe to say Moosend is probably the best ecommerce email marketing tool out there!

Cons

I don’t have anything to complain about this tool!!!!

Caleb
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awesome Service!

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

They are one of the best options for getting the most bang for your buck. Way better than mailchimp.

Cons

A few things here or there are glitchy and their reporting could be better, but they are constantly building things out so I have hope for the future.

Emma by Marigold
Sam

Excellent email marketing functionality at a great price with brilliant support

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

Moosend is a brilliant tool for our business. Within my business it sends newsletters and regular automatic emails to all my custimers and leads. I also have many sub accounts for my customers using Moosend for automated emails triggered from websites and newsletters. It provides a huge value for my business

Free for under 1000 subscribers
Great real time support
great sub-account system for my clients

Cons

More techincal support can be harder to access

Effie
Effie
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Love this product!

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

Can't recommend it enough!

Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

Great for newbies as well as experienced marketeers! Packed with great features (marketing automations, email editor, smooth and snappy UI! Highly recommended

Cons

In the past, they didn't use to have so many email templates but in the last months it has been addressed.

melvin
melvin

Smart Email Automation for Marketing

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Helped us to be more productive in our email marketing campaigns

Helped us to be more productive in our email marketing campaigns

Pros

Saves me some operation costs with smart recipes (pre-set email automation). The campaign editor is also pretty intuitive and not over-whelming for custom automation creations. Another feature we like is the convenience of the landing page inclusion. Everything is handled by moosend automatically from page design to hosting. All we need to do is to send traffic.

Cons

Integrations with other popular Saas seem to be lacking but to be fair, they have webhooks and zapier.

Bronwen
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Customer support is SUPER important to me.

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

It's much list others I've used, except the support is superior. Winner! I have come to learn that most tech that's offered out there is similar, and everything comes with glitches and a learning curve. But not every tool comes with customer service that is actually good. My experience with Moosend support has been positive every time. Thanks so much!!

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Rick

Super simple yet powerful

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Moosend has helped me implement email marketing and automation that, for one reason or another, I was unable to do completely with other tools. Their simple interface and helpful instructions made it very easy to setup, configure, and get running.

Pros

I'm technical but have failed to implement an email marketing system on my websites for many years. I've had several half-attempts and half-deployments.

With Moosend, in a single day, I was able to get it deployed to Wordpress, integrate it with Convertful (forms), setup a form for my newsletter, configured an exit-intent popup, setup an onboarding sequence of email for new newsletter subscribers, and a drip campaign.

On top of all that, pricing is excellent compared to the others I've seriously looked at.

Cons

More integrations needed. But they are super responsive and are actively listening to their customers. The CEO is great to work with. Super impressed with their engagement.

Yannis
  • Industry: Human Resources

Top class email marketing software with astounding customer support and up time!

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Consistent function and 100% up time
Really excited about the new automation features

Cons

Internal newsletter editor can be easily improved. The update that is on beta works great and we are waiting for it to go live

Marcel
Marcel
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very affordable and efficient

Reviewed on 2022/12/01

Pros

My favorite aspect of it is how it encourages client interaction after they leave your website. Cart abandonment and product referral emails are possible by automated AI.

Cons

Whatever you pay for, you get. I heard that some functions are missing, but in my opinion, it has everything that is needed.

Fotini

Yoga Retreats for everybody

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

The most important is my newsletter are reaching easily my target groups and I see good score ratio.

Pros

Very easy software and for me that I'm not so pro digital. Also very helpful and creative the templates

Cons

No, to my view that I 'm using it for more than 3 years doesn't have any issues. It's good that they train us in the new features.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Easy simple system for list management and email marketing

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Pros

I like the customer service the best, they're always there, super helpful, and knowledgeable. The system itself works well, it's pretty simple and easy. They have you set up a clean list for better reach, which I really appreciate. Emails are easy to set up and send out, this is essentially what I use it for, my newsletters.

Cons

Automations are not as robust as I'd like, I'm used to Active Campaign, but then I pay a lot more for AC compared to Moosend. Some things need a workaround that other systems I've used have already in-built.

Kendall

Fantastic, Excellent, real-time support

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

I have had fantastic on-line support with excellent turn around time

I have had fantastic on-line support with excellent turn around time

Pros

It seems to be feature packed even on the basic plan

Cons

Not a big as Mailchimp so IT guys don't know or trust it.

Arneva

Moosend - Big Disappoint After Being Hacked

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Great until our account was hacked and phishing emails were sent to all of our clients. Support took no responsibility. Will not return to Moosend due to the hack and the company's negative response to it.

Pros

Really liked the product and the support until we were hacked. Blame was placed on the only admin/user rather than admitting they had a breach.

Cons

System was breached. Someone hacked our account and send out phishing emails. Support blamed our only user (me) for leaving my laptop open or providing the password to others even after I confirmed that neither was the case. They refused to take any responsibility and would not refund for the occurrence. We immediately cancelled and moved to a more secure product.

Manos
Manos

Great for bulk newsletter

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Good value for money. Easy interface, great and efficient support, well-documented API. Happy to use Moosend's platform

Pros

I recommend Moosend for bulk newsletter. However, not the best option for transactional emails.

Cons

Transactional emails API functionality.