Point of Rental Software

Cloud-based rental store/inventory management software

Walter B.

Point-of-Rental_Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Pros

Point of Rental will answer the phone anytime of the day or night with their own employees to help with any problems that you might have. Not only are there a million reports we can run but the system is also very easy to use and train people to use.

Cons

if we want to add functions to the system to taylor them to our needs it is hard to get that done.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Hi Walter! Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you're enjoying the system and of course we'd love to make all the changes customers request - but when you have more than 5,000 customers, you get a lot of requests for tailored features. =)

Are you using uInnovate to suggest ideas so your fellow rental experts can vote on them? That's the easiest way for us to see which customizations should be a priority so we can keep making the best, most beneficial possible software for everyone.

Thanks again for being a part of the Point of Rental family and we look forward to working with you to help you and Taylor Rental be as successful as possible. =)

Cindy S.

Point of Rental Rental Essentials

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

From 1-10. 10 being amazing...they are a 100 😊

Pros

I came to Point of Rental when my ow EXPENSIVE rental system crashed big time. Without my system, and found out just how poor customer service was with their competitor I was ready to give up. Then we heard of Point of Rental. Apprehensive we moved slowly with lots of hands on before deciding. Best advice I can give, DO IT. Do not wait. Best decision I have ever made.

Cons

I love my Tech Support person, She knows the ins and outs and I am so blessed by her service. I do feel the other Tech support people can take the lead from rep.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Cindy! We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family. =)

Sarah W.
  • Industry: Machinery

Point-of-Rental_Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Couldn't ask for a better one !

Pros

They always have someone there that will help you ! if you can the helpline I recommend you ask for rep, she's super awesome!!!! very very helpful an patient. The net help is also pretty cool step by step directions for anything you search!

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about point of rental

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Sarah! We're glad you're enjoying the software and happy to have you and Action Equipment as part of the Point of Rental family!

Karen A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Point of Rental

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

We love the software. If we ever need support they are always so very helpful. If they don't know the answer immediately they are really good at finding the answer and getting back to us.

Pros

It is so easy to use. Reports are just a click away. They understand the rental business so the software is perfect for our rental business.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Karen! We're glad to have you and All Star Rental as part of the Point of Rental family!

Kyle R.

Make the investment in your company with POR!

Reviewed on 2016/02/16

In my experience with Point of Rental, I have noticed three attributes that seem to sum up the priorities of the company. The first is the company culture. I have visited the Point of Rental offices multiple times. With each visit, I have continually been impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff. It is evident that the staff enjoy their jobs and through that are excited about their products and service. That leads me to the second attribute: customer service. Whether it is an in depth issue or a mundane question, the POR staff is always willing to help. With each phone call, they ask your name and how they can help. Their staff is very knowledgeable with how the rental industry works and how their software applies to each scenario. The third attribute is their dedication to the software itself. I have been using POR for five years and am just beginning to scratch the surface of its capabilities. They continue to listen to their customers and update the software regularly. With an industry like ours, in which ROI is king, Point of Rental is hands down our best investment.

Greg G.

Point of Rental is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

As a new user of point of rental, i have to say what a nice change from our old system. The day at a glance and ease of use is amazing. Easy to train forl new employees, and overall flow of the system is just great. I am excited to continue to learn and explore all the areas and benefits that Point of rental software has to offer.

Charles B.

Great Rental Software

Reviewed on 2016/02/21

Pros

I've used other rental software and longed for POR the entire time. They know what they're doing in the rental business and continue to innovate and grow with customer needs. I'd never use anything else

Steven G.

1st time attendee

Reviewed on 2014/10/16

I've only been using POR for about 6 months. This was a great tool to expand my knowledge and give insight to other aspects of the software. Great instructors who were very knowledgeable. Will definitely ask my company to continue sending me to these.

Arden S.

New to POR

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

I am very happy with the system this far, it has helped us to better track inventory and to provide our customers with up to date contracts and services. I truly feel right now that POR is the best software available for our types of business.

Joe A.

point of rental review

Reviewed on 2016/02/21

Pros

one of the first companies to try and we promote to all rental stores, though there is still a need for a signature pad for signing a contract that is smaller.

Beverly S.

Best Decision Ever Made

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

When we started with POR, I was posting all of our invoices to a general journal by hand! There was not enough hours in the day! POR gave me back a quality to my life. As a business, we have grown to two stores in 2009. POR helped us with that expansion. Thank God! Now both stores run smoothly through this system. When there is a problem, I pay for the yearly support and they are just a phone call away. I can usually get someone to remote in and walk me through a mistake or make me understand why the computer's accounting system did what it did. I have neither a degree in accounting or computer science but there are times when this program makes me feel like I'm a genius! It really is well thought out. The original owners always tested the new stuff in their rental store. The current owner grew up in a rental store. It is a program for the rental industry by people who new the rental industry, inside and out.

Pros

User friendly, very helpful support staff, constantly innovating to keep up with the times. Our business has grown volumes since we first purchased POR software in 2005. I cannot imagine what a nightmare my bookwork would be without this program! I l agonized with my husband in 2005 over what software to go with as it is an invstment, not one that you would throw away every two years and jump to a different software. We are so happy we chose POR!!! Great program, great people, will stay with this company forever!!!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about the software. If I could change one thing it would be that some of the support staff from all of these years we have been with POR would not get older and retire!! We miss [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and all of the oldies but goodies! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] don't ever leave! You are the anchor in every storm! You are what every member on your support team should aspire to be!!

Response from Point of Rental Software

Hi Beverly! Thank you for all your kind words and we're sorry we didn't get to see this review until today! We're glad you're a part of the Point of Rental family and we're definitely working to keep Earl around as long as he continues to enjoy being here. =)

Heather W.

we LOVE Point of Rental

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

So incredibly impressed with the quality of product and people they are putting out. GO POR!

Pros

Their customer service team is incredibly helpful and friendly. Calling them is never a chore.

Cons

It's not the prettiest, but it doesn't have to be.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Heather! And don't worry, your software is going to get prettier in the future. =) Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

Dkeith G.

POR, A life saver

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

One of the reasons that we purchased rental software was to keep track of the maintenance schedules on the machines and this software is excellent. You can set-up your desired intervals and the program will prompt you to do the work. Our system is so much better with POR. Thanks!

Pros

The software from POR is the most comprehensive that I considered and I looked at several. They have so many features that they should offer a college course just to teach you all the features. The dashboard is easy to understand and the performance of the information to help the facility to track every aspect of the business is great. They are helpful when you have a question, if there is some part of the program that you have yet to utilized. POR is a great company for the rental industry.

Cons

There are some modules that they require you to purchase if you want to have the ability to perform those functions, it would be nice if everything was included from the beginning.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Keith!

We do have our version of a college course at our International Conference each year, where there are three days of training on nearly every aspect of the software (as well as one-on-one face-to-face time with our trainers), if you'd like to come down to Fort Worth in November. =)

We make many of our features optional because there are thousands of rental stores using Point of Rental and lots of them don't need all the features - we try to give you the option to get only the features you need so you're not buying more than you want.

We're glad you're enjoying what you have and we'd love to see you at our International Conference this year! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family.

Wendy B.

Best rental software out there

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

We have been using POR since 1998. Earl came out to set us up and we knew then that this was the best decision for our company. They always make you feel like you are part of their large family. I have had things come up (not necessarily with the software) and would call the support line for help and they are on it. If they don't have an immediate answer, you can know they are working on it immediately to help solve your problem. Great company to work with.

Pros

My first pro is the STAFF - always helpful and never make you feel like you are asking a dumb questions. Second, I love how that the software is user friendly. Third, the software has so much to offer. So whether you are a big firm or a very small firm like myself this software is a must.

Cons

I wish they were a little closer so I could go to conferences and training that they hold. Not that this is there fault - but it is the only Con I can come up with.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Wendy! Sorry about the location issue - we'd love to have you down for the International Conference. (If you register early then you can save enough on registration that it'll cover some of the travel costs! =D)

We appreciate having you and Murray's Tool Rental as part of the Point of Rental family, too. =)

Daniel M.

Great software and features

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

We have been a customer since 2001 and have had great support the entire time. Their willingness to listen to the users in developing new solutions is great. Questions or issues are always answered promptly.

Pros

Ease of implementation, use, great customer support and essentially a one stop software to fit our business needs.

Cons

The price was higher than some others but I feel the features, functionality and support offsets those costs.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks Daniel! We're glad you continue to enjoy the software even after all these years. Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

Nazli R.
  • Industry: Events Services

Using POR for over 4 years, use it on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Pros

Very user friendly, net help feature has tons of useful information. Support staff only a phone call away, ready to help. This software is great when training new staff. Website integration with the software.

Cons

Somewhat challenging when it comes to having the layout compatible in the French language. We need that for the market we are in.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Merci, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we look forward to working to make the software more friendly for our POR Francophone family.

Tim H.

Perfectly happy

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Pros

Ease of use. Program was written intelligently. Their support staff listens to my concerns and help solve whatever problem I may discover.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. If I think about I might ba able to come up with something.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Tim! We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family and hope to see the A Tool Shed team at the International Conference again this year!

Rachel W.
  • Industry: Events Services

Point of Rental switch

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Point of Rental has changed our company functionality for the better and we are so happy to have made this change. We wish we had done it sooner!

Pros

We switched from a different system and POR has so many more reporting options and better functionality than we’ve ever had. There are so many more options on how to move around the system.

Cons

The only thing I’ve found so far that I would change is the way reports export into Excel. The added rows are a little bothersome but not a make or break problem.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Rachel! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we encourage you to request that reporting tweak within uInnovate so our development team knows about it. =) Thanks for joining us at the International Conference!

Darren O.

very intuitive , you can do most anything from anywhere in the program

Reviewed on 2018/02/18

Pros

We really like all the changes that occur in the program to increase our business efficiency and profitability

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Darren. We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family.Thanks for making the time to visit us at our Users Meeting!

Chris W.

great people

Reviewed on 2017/02/26

Always good people to work with ., when I call I get answers , all ways upgrading software and looking for improvements so the software keeps up with the current times in the industry.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks Chris! Glad to be a part of E-Z Rent-all and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Nick W.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Very poor initial training

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Very bad initial set up, not enough time given to training. Extra training costs a fortune.
Didn’t deliver what they promised when it came to reproducing forms, had to constantly push for action. A year on and still not using it.

Pros

Nothing. Very disappointed with the whole package.

Cons

Too generic, does not fit my business, very basic looking interface, it looks like it’s just a Microsoft Access programme, dated looking.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for letting us know there's been an issue, Nick! The issues you cite happen to be two issues we're investing a lot of time in right now - both a new interface and video training courses are in the works as I type and should be out later this year. I'll try to get someone on our UK team to reach out and see what we can do to help get you using the software in the meantime.

I think once you're actually set up and are able to get the most out of it, you'll enjoy it a lot more. =)

We appreciate the feedback - it only helps us as we strive to provide the best hire and rental software experience available.

Stephanie L.

Class Options at the International Conference

Reviewed on 2014/10/16

My 2nd year as an attendee and the refresher courses as well as new software implementation classes are great! I would love to see advance course classes when attending next year's conference. For example, I came with the question of how to keep track of laundry bags for customers to return. David Jensen shared his experience with keeping track of products that are not a rental item, but yet leave our warehouse with the customer. Perhaps have the class specific to the industry; party, equipment, etc... and have q&a with POR panel and perhaps long term customers on the panel as well. I really enjoy learning from other companies and how they handle certain POR procedures. I really enjoyed the 4:15pm - 5:15pm time on Wednesday meeting with POR staff with questions.

Sheryl V.

Outstanding from Start to Finish

Reviewed on 2017/02/26

We've been using this software for about 7 years and have been very pleased with it from training and implementation to continued product development to the awesome support team!

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thank you, Sheryl! We're happy to be a part of Williams Party Rentals and look forward to continuing to help in the future!

Nicole M.

dallas experience

Reviewed on 2014/10/16

The Point of Rental staff are so knowledgeable and eager to help if you have a question. What I love most is that they will bring in many other staff members to get to the bottom of solving your problem when they don't know the answer yourself. Also they are a very organized bunch for orchestrating this event.

Aaron N.

Point of rental is tops!

Reviewed on 2016/02/21

Pros

We have been using POR for many years. They are constantly improving and staying on top of rapidly changing technology. POR is intuitive and easy to use, and they peovide great support.