Showing 88 reviews of 77

AL Advantage

Assisted Living Software for just 23¢ Resident/ Day !

Showing 88 reviews of 77
Jan M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

AL Advantage pros vs. cons

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Pros

Fairly easy to use. I use the program every day I am at work. I appreciate the "drop-down" selections on the Needs and Service Care Plan feature.

Cons

Cannot save a CA death report.
When you add one item to the Needs and Service Care Plan, the entire care plan has to be reprinted.
Confusion when listing the responsible party vs. the alternate contact for the face sheet. Responsible party is not always the person to call in an emergency....especially if they do not live locally.
Initially, a little more "hands on" training would have been nice and also a couple of follow-up visits from the Rep would have been helpful. I know we are not utilizing the full features of this program due to our heavy case load of 171 residents.

Response from AL Advantage

Hello Jan,

Thank you for this wonderful review.

When needing to save the CA Death Report simply open the link and download that report to your local machine. This will allow for local saving and editing.

We are always wanting to help our users with our software. If you would like to let us know a good time we can perform another training session for users please let us know and we will be happy to schedule that.

We always want you and your users to get the best and most abundant experience from our software.

Rick L.

AL Advantage Software - Simplifys record keeping for our community!

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Having our resident's information stored and backed up on the servers is probably the best advantage of using the software. Having the ability to access the information remotely from any computer is the second best feature. No more running around trying to find a resident's file that someone else is using has streamlined our work day. Multiple users can access the program at the same time. Printing out files for the staff or our family members is a breeze.

Pros

Having the service plans and resident information at my finger tips. Having everything centrally stored in one place and have access to the information from any computer is priceless.

Cons

It's really overwhelming in the beginning when your first start using the software. Tech support is great. We had a representative come out to give us hands on training which helped us tremendously.

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for your honest review, Rick! We appreciate when we hear good things from our partners in senior care. It sounds like you've had a smooth transition from a paper system to our automated software.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We wish you much success.

Kimberley B.

AL Advantage Surpasses Expectations

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

As an experienced nurse consultant in the assisted living industry, I have had exposure to multiple electronic documentation programs and I am always delighted and relieved when I have the opportunity to support companies and communities that utilize AL Advantage! The owners of AL Advantage, support personnel, and the actual program all live up to their claims: it is extremely easy to use, it transfers information to various documents thus reducing wasted time individually creating related documents, creates intelligible reports, the program can easily support state specific idiosyncrasies related to documentation requirements. Unlike many other programs, AL Advantage does not require extensive time to create specific drop-down boxes. A variety of options are already assembled in the drop-down boxes, yet the user also has the option of entering free-text entries as well.
And if there is ever a question or a need? One simple call or email is usually all it takes to achieve near immediate resolution from well-qualified and professional support personnel!
Thank you, AL Advantage, for making my job so much easier and more enjoyable with your program!

Pros

Like most? That's a tough question! Maybe that I can quickly and easily assemble an assessment with the LOC and service plan information being transferred within the program when I have a last minute admission, but that I can also re-enter and "beef up" the entries at a later date because of the free-text option. Being able to toggle to various sections of the program within a resident without having to reselect the resident for each section. And how the information transfers from one section to another and populates lists without having to re-enter the information multiple times. Shall I keep going?

Cons

Nothing. Especially because the very few things I have found that I didn't care for had to do with me as the user, not the program!

May V.

ALadvantage and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

When system is slow, i would reach out to rep and he's always always ready to help me, remotely guide me with the concerns. Rep is very attentive and follows through! He would let me know if it's a system update that is causing the hour glass to keep going; or if it's my wrong doing :-) He would make suggestions on what i should do when i am logged in to aladvantage so that i can work efficiently.

Pros

ALadvantage has easy navigation from one tab to another. I would say that it should be stressed to customers TO ALWAYS SAVED CURRENT ASSESSMENT TO HISTORY otherwise you will lose and it will look like you didn't do it :-(

Cons

There are times when system is slow but that's mainly because ALadvantage are running software updates however i would suggest to send notification to customers :-)

Response from AL Advantage

Hello May,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review and the kind words for our Customer Support rep. It's great to know that his hard work is recognized.

Please know that we make every effort to provide the highest quality performance and are working on eliminating any software slowdowns.

We also look forward to announcing new features in the near future that will continue to make your job easier.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input.

Pawi S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

AL Advanatge at Assisted Living

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

It helps with communication among all staff in the Assisted Living department. However, we experience that's it's also down for maintenance during business hours and for this reason we are not always able to save our charting after typing it in. It would be helpful to have prior communication about this, as we can avoid charting during those times.

Pros

-User friendly.
-Easy to use
-Great customer support
-Great online tutorial

Cons

-Not enough areas for additional note taking on assessment tool

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for your honest review, Pawi. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your insights. We know your time is valuable.

We've made note of your comments and will consider them for future enhancements. While we make every effort to notify all of our users when maintenance is scheduled and schedule in times of lowest usage, occasionally there are unforeseen issues that prevent prior notification of access limitations.

Please know that our goal is to provide you with tools that increase your success. Caregivers are our top priority.

Feel free to contact us anytime if we can be of service.

Best wishes,

Leann J.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

ALAdvantage is a good program

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Overall the experience has been good.

Pros

Ease of use is the best thing. It is usually very easy to use. We were not given an option and in most areas, it has worked out just fine.

Cons

We would love to have the MAR and ALAdvantage to be connected and we would love to have an area on ALAdvantage where the staff could mark off cares.

Response from AL Advantage

Leann,

Thank you greatly for your review. We are happy AL Advantage has been easy-to-use for you and your staff.

AL Advantage can absolutely integrate with your MAR program. We would just need to discuss with your MAR provider.

Support is always happy to hear from you on this and setup that integration for you.

We are in the process of creating new features including care and task tracking that will be ready for release in the near future.

Sara H.

aladvantage

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Everything is wonderful except the deleting of parts of care-plans while working, this has been the only downfall I see but it is a big one.

Pros

Easy one click access to lots of info on each resident

Cons

Many times when working on care plans the whole thing deletes itself having to start the whole section over, it may be only one section but a lot of time and detail goes into it

Response from AL Advantage

Sara,

Thank you for your time to review AL Advantage. We truly appreciate it.

If you ever have an experience like this in the future please call our support team to assist.

I have forwarded this to our Development team and we will be taking a look at this to see where this issue may lie.

Rodney W.

Easy to use and great for the money

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

With AL advantage we are able to keep everything electronically and print if desired. It keep everything organized for us.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. I like they charge you per person so when you are starting out you don't have to pay a lot up front. They are able to use your state regulations and create an assessment tool for you.

Cons

I haven't found too many thing wrong with this product. Iguess if i had to find one it would be integrating with other software but that is difficult when you have software from other companies.

Response from AL Advantage

Rodney,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you find AL Advantage easy-to-use and that it is helping you and your staff keep proper organization and is user friendly.

If you ever have a need or question always reach out to our support team for immediate assistance.

Joel A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Ok

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

The software is functional. However, many of the features are difficult to access and the overall UI is not user-friendly.

Cons

The intuitiveness of the navigation and the fact that it does not interface directly with other software that we use causes challenges.

Response from AL Advantage

Joel,

We are sorry you are not getting the best experience out of AL Advantage.

Our support team is always ready to assist with these issues of UI/UX and features.

We are fully able to integrate with other software. We simply need to speak with your other software companies so that we can discuss the integration.

Our support team is always ready to make life easier and respond to these needs. Please always reach out if we can help or you have suggestions.

Thank you.

Kathy C.

How it works for me!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I am very pleased with the overall aspects of this program especially since my company is a new concept and there are no other programs that will adapt readily to what we need.

Pros

Reasonably priced, great support, easy to access and printed forms are professional.

Cons

When I tab to another section, I have to click twice and sometimes I am unaware that it is not imputing my information until I have typed for several seconds.

Response from AL Advantage

Kathy,

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the tabbing error you are experiencing and we will escalate this issue to get resolved.

Thank you greatly!

Beth E.

al advantage software review

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

al advantage has been very helpful in tracking the dates as to when our necessary paperwork for DOH needs to done to keep us up to date and compliant. it has helped us to track residents levels of care and share the information with the direct caregivers to ensure they are receiving the care they need to keep them safe and secure.

Pros

easy to use

Candice C.

Simple, efficient and easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Awesome! No complaints thus far

Pros

The friendliness user capability and its an organized system making work easier!

Cons

Appears somewhat dated with interface. Update interface and make portal more appealing.

Response from AL Advantage

Candice:
Appreciate this review -

Our software was designed and is refined BY senior caregivers FOR senior caregivers.

We do not want to add any more stress to your job by having to struggle with care software.

Regards

Lee ann L.

Excellant Soft ware for Charting

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

so far so good

Pros

the ease of charting for my Qmaps. The User friendly system.

Cons

I don't have any yet, Let me use it more.

Response from AL Advantage

Lee Ann,

We appreciate your review and are extremely happy the software is working excellent for you.

If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Reynaldo G.

Al Advantage

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

so far so good.

Pros

Ease of use and level of care results. Simplicity of the lay out.

Cons

It has a learning curve, but once you get used to it it is all ok.

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for your honest review, Reynaldo! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your insights. We look forward to a continued partnership with you in providing high quality senior care in your community.

Warm regards,

User friendly software

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

I like the functionality of the software. It has everything we need to maintain our resident records and able to update as needed.

Cons

I don't there is anything I don't like about the software at this time. It has everything that I need.

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for your excellent review!

Vivian F.

ALA performance

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

ala provides us with the tools to create a resident file and stay in compliance.

Pros

ease and that state licensing approves it. customer service is great.

Cons

the medication section . it is cumbersome and is not friendly for clinicians to whom we present request for reconciliation or review. the software captures and saves all meds that are entered into the system and does not have a feature to archive so it is not possible to generate a clean current list of active meds. it also does not archive old orders. we have a lot of order changes. there should be a way to segregate so that a current list of accurate meds is provided.

also, the assessment tool is good but should also be a stand alone . the full service plan is not often needed but the basic assessment is. currently , the assessment function does not capture any notes or instructions. additionally, not all facilities use a point system. this is confusing to customers.

the face sheet does not always put the alternate resp party contacts in the right order. it should be specific so we can choose what shows up on face sheet.

needs to add a specific section for annual vaccines and calendar of office visits- which dr is seen, date, etc.

Response from AL Advantage

Vivian,

Thank you for letting us know this information and our support team will continue to be in contact with you throughout this process of enhancing our software to better meet your needs.

We thank you for this review and look forward to optimizing the system so that it is easier to use and understand for you and your staff.

Thank you for informing us of these needed changes.

AL Advantage

Tonya B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Straightforward EHR Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Again, the system is very straight forward and easy to use and the amount of support I've received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and very straightforward.

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest downfall is the lack of data checks and required fields throughout the system. While I agree that not everything is required, there should always be some amount of mandatory data. AL Advantage doesn't have anything in place to prompt you if certain fields were missed or keyed in the wrong format.

Steven M.

AL Advantage review

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

This was the answer to major concerns of licensing body about our care plans and regular updates. Because AL Advantage tracks this information its easy to prove what we are doing and when.

Pros

Easy to use, constantly improving, very intuitive

Cons

Sometimes there are reports that I would like to have that I can't get. Main one is a diet list that includes pictures (have submitted previously).

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for your review, Steven! We appreciate that you've noticed our desire to be constantly improving. That is a high priority for AL Advantage.

We've made note of your suggestions and will consider them for future enhancements.

We value your partnerships with us in senior care.

Best wishes,

Alex S.

User of this program

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

As the director of nursing department, the program is helpful and excellent for service planning. Yet inputting information like weights and vitals for a large group of people is a tedious task. Please consider a pathway for inputting information that does not require switching from individual to individual.

Pros

Able to access from any computer. service planning is easy.

Cons

Inputting information is a time consuming task, servers are slow

Response from AL Advantage

Alex,

Thank you for your review and highlighting a critical point.

This review will be given to our development team to begin working on a batch data entry system for all residents.

Thank you for this review!

John O.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

- Ease of use
- Great reporting functionality
- Obtain useful information quickly

Cons

There isn't anything I really don't like about this software.

Response from AL Advantage

Thank you for you encouraging review, John! We appreciate when our partners take time to provide valuable feedback and always love to hear good news. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Warm regards,

Malou R.

USEFUL SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

This software is very useful. Very easy to use.

Cons

I like everything in the software. I can easily access from home or any computers.

Response from AL Advantage

Malou,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying AL Advantage. If there is anything else you need always feel free to contact us!

Sally L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great EMR system!

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Terrific customer support!

Pros

Intuitive and so many great features for gathering data.

Cons

Users can print off assessment summaries without saving the information. They can also save assessment to history and it is then removed from 90 day list of overdue assessments without changing assessment or doing a service plan.

Response from AL Advantage

Sally,

We are happy to hear you are finding AL Advantage useful and effective.

There are back end infrastructure logic rules that define the process for assessments.

Please let support know if you would like to discuss and we can explain in detail that process and reasoning.

Angela A.

It needs work.

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I think it needs improvement, levels of care do not always capture accurate care needed.

Pros

I like the snap shot overview of the community and the reports we are able to pull up.

Cons

I would like to be able to show more personal preferences and choice for residents. I would like to see more ability to focus on person centered care not just the task. Including choices, best practice and interventions that work.

Response from AL Advantage

Angela,

We are sorry to hear you are not having a good experience with AL Advantage.

We invite you to contact our support team with personal preference choices and other changes you feel would be helpful.