Showing 53 reviews of 41

Emburse Cards

Expense management & credit cards with spending rules

Showing 53 reviews of 41
Sarah B.

Servers Down Constantly Lead to Failures in Purchases

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

It's a free program, you get what you pay for.

Pros

It's become a little more user friendly with drop down menus that you can search in and the ability to add additional attachments.

Cons

The website has been so slow as of late. It takes a few minutes for it to boot up and for me to be able to search for a transaction. It is so inconvenient. The servers have also had issues lately that cause recurring purchases to fail and cause serious issues with our vendors.

Response from Emburse

Hi Sarah,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We were recently performing some server cleanup which is why the transaction page was slow but have since finished.

And as of last month, we added a new fix for managing any failed purchases! You shouldn't see anymore going forward.

Just wanted to add that we aren't a free platform, but because of our relationship with Housecall Pro, we decided to waive the monthly fee a long time ago.

If you have any questions or if there's anything we can do for you to make Emburse a better fit for you, please reach out and we'll make it happen!

Regards,
Chris

Sara V.

Emburse Works Great for Various Programs.

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We use emburse to fund our contractors on marketing programs. I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Pros

We love the ease of the Emburse. It is great to use with contracted employees.

Cons

I have had no issues with Emburse.

David P.

One of the best credit card solutions on the market

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

We’ve done everything from trying corporate cards to using expense software solutions, but Emburse combines the best of both worlds. Our employees love it over monthly reporting and we’re saving a lot of time on everything from expense controls to expense reports and accounting.

Cons

Still is a young product and would love to see some more robust features that some of the bigger expense solutions have (ie. better receipt emailing options, native QBO support without using plugin, etc), but overall a solid product.

Beverly J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Application Rejected with No Explanation

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

On their website, it does not say anything about how long your business has to be active to be approved. It also does not say anything about your business needing good credit or any credit at all. It doesn't say the minimum number of employees, or how much revenue you need to have in order to get approved.

My company was just started last year but it's growing fast. I was looking for software to help me make cards for new agents who have certification class expenses to pay in order to get started. On average I hire about 10 people a month, each new hire needing anywhere between $10 - $200 dollars. You do the math. This company lost out on thousands of dollars by rejecting my application. It doesn't make sense.

My company is new, no credit history at all, but our revenue projections are very very high.

If I could have at least gotten an explanation as to why they denied my application, then I would have an opportunity to apply again in the future, but they do not tell you why at all.

I gave sensitive documents to this company, and the way that this happened makes me feel that this may be a scam. I've never heard of a legitimate company that doesn't even offer any requirements for approval. Even if they don't offer an explanation for denial there are usually requirements for approval. If my business mysteriously becomes compromised I will know exactly who caused it.

Pros

I tried the trial. It was easy to use...

Cons

I did not get to use the real thing.....

Michael D.

Reliable Service, Professional Team

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

Convenient, easy to use. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful in resolving time sensitive situations.

Cons

No major complaints, the support team usually does whatever they can to resolve any issues!

David F.

Top Notch

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Only reason my score was 5/Neutral is because of the acquisition. I'm not sure what impact that will have yet.

Pros

API is reliable, web app is easy to use, and customer support is always quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

The limit of MCC codes when enforcing purchase restrictions.

Frank R.

Great Idea, but site is a bit hard to navigate

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

Virtual credit cards are just a great idea and so useful. Also giving people somewhere to upload receipts makes things so simple.

Cons

the transactions are a bit jumbled and their statuses are confusing to read at a glance, on the admin side. Switching between companies is not easy either.

Johannes K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy way to get started with virtual cards

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Pros

Everything built out
Easy implementation
Fantastic and responsive customer support

Cons

Only limited availability over the API (minor detail)

Dennis V.

Everyone has a card!

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pretty good, some issues in the part with reissuing cards (always a pain to ship a couple of dozen around the world again) but just happened once so far.

Pros

We have implemented Emburse for all our remote team (aka everyone) that works with us. Each person gets a card shipped with budgets to spend on perks ($500 in Convert's case) and that makes everything run smooth. Then we run almost all budgets through the virtual cards making it easier to decentralize spending on anything. Decentralize is the way to go for us since we run on Holacracy and are all remote.

Cons

Feel it's still missing a direct connection with Xero that could be a big plus. A way to ship a card directly to anywhere in the world (now only US) would save us a logistical step.

Amber M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Our company has between 10-15 American express cards which are being pit on a spreadsheet for monthly allocation and review so we have eased out if using those cards so much as well as completely getting away from using Comdata.

Pros

The fact that you can have unlimited cards both virtual and plastic.

Cons

I was under the impression that it could be used as an ATM debit card and it cant be.

Bethany B.

Would reccommend overall!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Overall, we have mostly satisfied the need for purchase request, spending flexibility, and tracking of each employees spend.

Pros

The feature that I like most about this software is that I am able to adjust spending ablilities easily whenever needed, even if the employee is out of town.

Cons

Unfortuneately there can only be one "rule" applied. So if you have that rule set, there isnt a clear option for another rule or additonal funds.

Bhakti F.

Love the debit feature

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We are very pleased with Emburse. The support has been responsive -- although we have not needed much support because everything works well and is easy to understand.

We have very intention of utilizing Emburse as often as we can. We are a marketing and branding company with specialty in the spirits industry and in field marketing. Our usage is based on Client programs that we create and execute.

Pros

Easy to use.

Because of the replenishment feature, we can always keep a set amount of available funds for our non-employee marketing reps.

No concerns about excessive numbers of conventional corporate credit cards being used.

Reconciliation is easy with the month end statement.

Cons

I really do not have any cons to share.

Our Account Manager and Field Director are both very happy with Emburse. Our Account Manager was the one pushing for Emburse and I think it was and is a good decision.

• Industry: Human Resources

Great product for expense management

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

great company and great product

Pros

new features including physical cards, apple pay integration, and new settings for controlling spend.

Cons

learning curve took slight time to figure out.

Andy S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great customer support and gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Overall experience is definitely positive. I recommend Emburse. Since issuing department specific Emburse cards, accounting has been way easier and I don't have to deal with purchase orders everyday. Setting up on Emburse was super easy. Our account was approved and cards issued within two hours.

Great support team as well. The rep was especially helpful in helping me with disputes and my missing card.

Pros

Simple to use. Intuitive UI. Never had an issue with my cards.

I love that I can limit cards by categories. Other cards may be able to do it, but it's much easier with Emburse and I can do it myself. Keeps accounting easy and happy.

Cons

When we started with Emburse they were debit only and I didn't like having to leave a bunch of cash in their accounts. Now that they support credit cards, that's gone away.

Matt S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Expense Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

This does exactly what we need it to do for a very reasonable cost. Far easier to get setup and running than their competitors.

Pros

API is excellent and easy to get up and running with.

Cons

Transparency about what fees we would be charged and how the service would be changed was pretty low at certain points. More advance notice would be great.

Nicholas R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Emburse

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

I really like the user interface. It is very easy to navigate and find what I am looking for.

Cons

I am the Administrator for three lines of of Emburse Cards. I need to look at each account individually to get the information. I would be nice to have a dashboard that gives me the balances for all accounts from one screen.

Kyle K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Instant infinite virtual cards

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

No limit on the number of virtual cards allowed. Excellent customer service.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration could be a little bit better, it is a minor issue.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Unexpectedly disabled account

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

They didn't ask for any company information when setting up our account. This was different from other competitors we tested at the same time/after who collected company documents, bank statements and did a full credit check to make sure they were comfortable working together.

Emburse seems to want to rush you into a trial and then do a check, and just kick you out if you don't pass. They don't communicate what they are checking, what fell short, or ask for anything from you.

The setup process seemed too good/easy to be true and it was. It seems Emburse wants to get people in the door and sort 'em out later. They show zero consideration for small businesses. We are very happily and smoothly working with a competitor now who did their due diligence at the start instead of just making black box decisions after you think you are already set with the solution.

Pros

The pricing model and ease of use drew us to Emburse. I had a friendly rep who did the demo and gave me a sign up link, and the interface looked good and intuitive. I was able to easily pre-fund my account.

When they closed our account unexpectedly, they did refund our payment quickly.

Cons

We were only able to spend a few dollars before our account was unexpectedly closed. We found this out when a transaction declined and then we were unable to log in, and reached out to a rep. No communication, even an automated email, informed us.

Jennifer O.

Excellent service, affordable

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

We love emburse. It’s allowed us to much more flexibility in our business

Pros

How easy it is to create customized cards

Cons

Funding delays over the weekend/bank holiday

Claire J.

Emburse review

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

I can audit easily what people are purchasing

Cons

getting people to actually upload receipts

Andrew S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A solid product

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

Works as advertised, API is simple to program against and responsive; generally easy to understand

Cons

UI has been a bit of a work in progress and can be tricky from time to time (think multiple accounts).

Kellen S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great API, great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We use the API to pull a certain category of expenses into our data warehouse.

Pros

The API is great, and customer service was helpful and responsive

Cons

It doesn't make toast or do your homework.

Aaron L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Emburse Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

The Emburse journey has been excellent the whole way through and customer support has stood out as a major strength the entire way. From development support during integration to operational support once you are live, the team at Emburse has always been fast to respond and incredibly informative and helpful. Can't say enough about their support.

Pros

The ability to leverage both an easy to administer Dashboard along with a rich set of APIs fit our use case perfectly. It allowed us to quickly launch and integrate our integration while making use of the Dashboard to augment any intermediate needs we had while developing our software.

Cons

We are eagerly awaiting consumer spending support through Emburse.