Avochato

SMS texting and live chat for sales, support & ops teams

Melanie A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Let people text you

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

This program makes it easier for me and my team to stay on top of things. We love the communication we have with our clients now. I recommend this program to all. My small business is running even more smoothly with this program.

Pros

I really like the option of texting, live chat or calling. It gives me the flexibility I need. Customers can reach me or team members with ease. I've gotten positive feedback from my clients and my team. It's easy to use and customize to my business.

Cons

I really haven't found a down side to this program.. yet. I may in time though. I'm pleased with it so far.

Sam H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Effective transactional SMS platform. Less than perfect VoIP platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We are able to step up our ability to handle SMS communications and website questions by placing such requests in an interface our staff already uses. Existing needs such as website support were also consolidated into a single service.

Pros

Conveniently integrates into Slack, a 3rd party team communication software we use for real time messaging. This allows CSR's to respond immediately to SMS messages. It also shows whether a message has been responded to, and by who. Our primary VoIP service has an anemic SMS solution that required workarounds to get it functioning as a group message-response platform and we had a separate platform that we used to provide website support responses. This fit neatly into that niche, and the only workaround needed is forwarding messages from our primary VoIP platform into this service, and then responding to the original party from Avochato. We're able to completely do away with the old website support platform and all the attendant complexities of maintaining multiple platforms. Since Avochato integrated into our existing team communication platform, that's essentially the only account they need to log into on a daily basis.

Cons

It doesn't offer SIP provisioning for VoIP devices. Also, extension management isn't yet a thing. It wouldn't work as a primary VoIP service, but it works well as an auxiliary service.

Lateef F.

Avochato Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

We love the product, simple to use and implement across the team. We use it for both day to day business as well as broadcast marketing. The ROI is great, the ease of use simple and feature requests are handled promptly.

Cons

At first we faced some challenges on the marketing end, when we got on the phone with our rep, he and his team implemented changes to customize the software for us and everything has been well since. Just ask them I would say.

Chris S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Avochato the best texting solution after a long time researching!

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Again, powerful, cost effective, and the Avochato support is amazing! This is the new way of connecting with my past clients. Snail mail and email is dead!

Pros

It's powerful, cost effective, and the Avochato support is amazing! I was concerned that I may not be a large enough customer to warrant much one on one attention, but that is not the case at all. Every time I reach out I have a quick response! Several times they connected through a live video meeting to walk me through my scenario and questions on my computer.

Cons

More customization when it comes to exporting and sorting contacts, but they took my suggestions and have actively made adjustments and programmed new custom features.

Michael M.

Great Customer Support. Interactive & Intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Save money, time, and expand my options for marketing.

Pros

It will allow me to scale my business in real estate sales. I can get creative and improve my marketing and service for leads and clients. I just added my first assistant and I'm beginning to add more members to my team so that I can expand my business. The features in this software will allow me to delegate a portion of my workflow to others. I like that they're expanding features and willing to accept feedback/suggestions to improve the product over time.

Response from Avochato

Thanks Michael! It's been great working with you. We're seeing more and more real estate agents sign up for Avochato. As you mentioned, it helps them save time and effort by delegating some communications to others while keeping the primary agent fully in the driver's seat. Looking forward to continuing to work together and build out great tools together for our real estate customers!

Katie W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Love this team and product!

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

We are able to reach all our employees numerous times a day with texts that go out instantly. I can group our employees by specialties and send a text directly to them.

Pros

This is so easy to use and the team is so helpful. Any suggestions I have given to make the product more user friendly, they are on it. It's so nice to work with a great team.

Cons

I wish there was a way to clear out the texts in fewer clicks. Maybe a select all to delete the messages.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Notifications on the fly!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

I love the fact that we can communicate with our clients on the fly without having to sit in front of a computer all day in an emergency situation. I can simply open the android application, browse to the site and easily send out a notification to our clients as needed

Cons

wish there was a mobile site designed for mobile devices. Don't really enjoy having to pinch and zoom on the screen.

Aimi B.
  • Industry: Research

Avachato with recruitment efforts

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

Everything. I love the connection with potential patients via text.

Cons

I wish the phone number was the same as our business.

Eric C.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Avochato

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Great for higher education.

Pros

I like that you can assign names to phone numbers once they submit a ticket and it keeps track of all their submissions.

Cons

You can't prevent people from calling the number without completely disabling it. The other options is to let them leave a voicemail which can be counterintuitive.

Michael F.

Excellent experience.

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

I really like the integration to Slack, and the ability to send pictures via SMS messaging from the dashboard.

Response from Avochato

Thanks Michael! Glad you've enjoyed the Avochato experience. We use our own Slack integration side-by-side with Avochato to support our own customers, and we love it too!

Nina W.

Avachato

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We are contacting guests quickly and diligently.

Pros

I like how easy it is to contact our guests quickly without interrupting their vacation.

Cons

I didn't like getting emailed everytime there was a mass text was sent out and someone replied.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy enough, but price doesn't compete

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pretty seamless--although I never reached out to customer service, so I cannot give feedback about that...

Pros

The simplicity of the website and the menu are very intuitive. love that you can book appointments right from the texts. Love that you can assign threads to people. Voice Broadcasts is awesome.

Cons

Did not like the price per text. Compared to your competitors, you're overpriced. Also, I do not see the option to add a chat bot widget. That's not a must, but it is a feature that I was looking for.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Super easy product to use and great for a startup!

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use. It's very user friendly and easy to maneuver.

Cons

Collecting customer service surveys has been a little tricky.

Unlocks a totally new channel for us!

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

I never thought about using SMS as a way to communicate with our clients but Avochato made it easy for us. Since switching to Avochato as our primary communication channel, we've seen a huge increase in customer engagement and happiness.

Cons

SMS isn't the only way we communicate with our clients - we haven't completely done away with phone and email and even in-person meetings. Sometimes it can be challenging to stay on top of communication across so many different channels, and adding an SMS channel actually adds to that part of the problem. Overall I think that's worth it though.

Peter K.
  • Industry: Public Policy
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Super useful, but could be a bit more user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Overall, very positive experience. Would highly recommend it to others running campaigns, be it in marketing or politics.

Pros

Fantastic to use in coordinating text campaigns. Simply not comparable to just using cellphones and what not. Relatively easy to use.

Cons

However, the big challenge was that when our team had sent +7,000 text messages, the platform became a bit slow / chunky and it was difficult to sort through what was new and incoming messages. If they could optimize the user experience so that it doesn't slow down performance should you get a ton of messages (and can easily sort through them), this would make the product perfect.

Allie S.

So smooth!

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Personal contact with potential clients, easy-to-use, accessible data.

Pros

Customer Service was beyond excellent- I came into this software not knowing much and they talked me through each step! Our clients love the results they're seeing.

Haley S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very Easy!

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pros

Being able to send broadcasts easily to multiple people at the same time and the ability to search messages.

Cons

Adding a picture to a message is like adding an attachment to an email.

Edward O.

Solid platform, lots of features

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Zapier and slack integrations are really solid

Cons

That the integrations are only available and higher priced tiers

Taylor B.

Average Avochato

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Avochato works well for our company because all of the conversations are synced with Salesforce and allow everyone to see conversations.

Cons

I do not like that you can't send pictures via the app. You also cannot put someone on speaker phone when you call from the app. Sometimes it takes a long time to receive voicemails. I know that I have one waiting, but it won't let me listen to it.

• Industry: Insurance

Text Mystery Solved!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Using text for business is not only the norm, it is expected by customers and potential customers alike. The easy to use interface took the mystery out of incorporating text into my business!

Cons

The concepts were a little intimidating at first, but the issue of not knowing how to incorporate text into my business was nominal and was easily remedied through patience and support

Nirav B.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

I looked at a bunch of other services like this but this was the best. The interface is very easy to use and it functions flawlessly!

Cons

I just think the name is corny. Other than that its a great service.

Nancy E.

Texting from another telephone number rather than your personal.

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I think its a great business tool

Pros

you can communicate with people without letting them know what your personal number is.

Cons

sometimes if they don't recognize the number they wont respond.

Alex C.
  • Industry: Automotive

very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

easy to get in touch with agents we communicate with. high recommended

Cons

nothing I don't like about it! I cannot think of anything negative to say

Easy to use, would love the ability to hyperlink

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Allows us to market to companies using a text as a CTA.

Cons

Can't hyperlink within the texts which requires us to send certain texts from our phones

Andrea fabiola M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great overall experience.

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

It's been awesome, the customer support is A1 quality, they are responsive and solve your issues super fast. The pricing for the service is great. Pverall all of our team members love avochato.

Pros

We can text, call and receive calls from our customers and providers. The tagging system lets you know which type of contact and several other customizable tags you may want to add. You can create broadcast and even schedule text messaging for whatever purpose you may need it.

Cons

when using through smartphone app it doesn't let you see your contact's tags and it can be annoying. It doesn't integrate with CRMs