TeamUp Reviews

TeamUp

Business management for independent fitness businesses

4.9/5 (36 reviews)
Natalie H.

An Excellent Alternative To Mind Body with Fabulous Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I would still chose this software over any other that I have come across, first for affordable pricing, second for customer service and last but not least functionality which gives me 85% of what I'd like and matches the functionality of any other competitor I've tried. No complaints!

Pros

The software is very good value for money compared to competitors, the customer service is sensationally good.

Cons

There are some restrictions in methods of charging (it would be so handy to have an option that allows the customer to add a second class immediately after the first class - back to back classes - at a discount).

Some of the back end navigation is a bit fiddly and the user journey takes quite a few clicks for some functions. BUT I don't think the other software options are any less fiddly and there is fantastic customer support anytime you need guidance.

Siobhan M.

TeamUp does our admin whilst we run the business

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Excellent. The system reduces our admin time to less than half an hour a day. The dashboard makes it easy to identify new customers, payments going through and any issues such as failed payments too. Everything else is automated, with customers also able to buy or upgrade additional memberships too.

Pros

TeamUp is a great membership system. It is easy to set up, update and is fully automated with secure card and DD payments within the system (transactions are up front with no invoices/payments to chase). Other useful features such as trigger emails automatically welcome customers, remind them of bookings, tell customers how to get to my business. There are also great billing features that allow you to freeze memberships, automatically skip payments and take ad hoc payments too. We have tried other systems that promise much, however, have recently moved back to TeamUp as for membership management it is hard to beat..

Cons

There are no cons to using this system. Yes, there would be some nice to have additional features, however, it does the key activities REALLY well.

Response from TeamUp

Hey Siobhan,

Thanks for the detailed review. Glad to be of service.

Patti H.

Great for all the different roles in your life!

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

I'm self employed and work prn. Having the read only feature has allowed me to put my calendar in more hands without violating privacy. They can see where I'm busy and where they can schedule me without having to call me every time. Saves everyone time and effort!
I'm also involved in recreational clubs at a local and regional level, and organizing our schedule where everyone can see it, being able to interlink the clubs, pinning the link to our Facebook page, and then being able to link all of them into my personal calendar.... well, it keeps me sane! Thank you TeamUp for a great application!

Pros

For reference, I am not in any way a computer programmer. I have limited computer skills but am able to follow instructions and figure out most new applications with trial and error. I have found teamup to be very easy to set up. You can start with the very basic calendar, entering each event individually. It is easy to use on the computer or my phone, I can see events clearly, and edit them on either platform. I really like the way it looks, easy to read and pleasant to look at.

Once you become more proficient, you can create recurring events, based on weekly, monthly, or as specific as the 3rd Sunday of the month. You can also subscribe to outside calendars, such as holiday calendars, team calendars, or anything that uses an icalendar feed, such as a google calendar, you only need to copy and paste the url address. And it’s a much more polished look than the original google calendars.

In each Main calendar you create, you are able to make 8 sub calendars, assign different colors to each and turn them on and off as needed. What I particularly like, is it’s free to make more. Currently I have created multiple different calendars. I have a business calendar, a personal calendar, a regional club calendar, a local club calendar, and I've made more for other people and clubs to use. Within each Main calendar, I have my sub calendars. I can then choose to subscribe to the entire calendar or only a portion of it, and place into ANY of my calendars.

Cons

I would love to have a share link that will share the Titles as well as the time of events, but not the details. Currently they can only see that the time is reserved and that's all. Other than that, I love it!

Karl D.

Team Up Review from KDFSC

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Its great! Just get it :)

Pros

It's awesome, so easy to use and manages everything I need. support is fantastic and the whole system just saves me so much time and stress.

Cons

the one thing I would say is the "active clients" section could be more accurate

Trevor C.

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Overall both myself as the business Owner and my clients/members like TeamUp for its ease of use , ability to book in advance for sessions via their straightforward easy to use App on their phone/ tablet or laptop, makes tracking sessions simple , tracking payments straightforward & the functionality is excellent.

Pros

Dead easy to use once set up, customer service when help or advise needed is second to none , extremely customer centric, friendly and helpful, highly recommend.

Cons

The only minor gripe I have is the membership payment software options used, GoCardless being the issue for me , payments into the business take too long to clear & process into the business account , no weekend or bank holiday payments, leading to then having to wait additional banking days which effects cash flow especially for a smaller facility... adding something like PAYPAL to the options would remedy this .

Response from TeamUp

Hi Trevor!

Thanks for the great review!

We have PayPal available but hide by default because it just doesn't work as well as the other processors you are using.

Direct Debit does have some flaws but we find it a great all-rounder for your most loyal members.

The team will reach out and chat to you about the options available and we'll see what we can do to help.

Karen G.

Fantastic product with unparalleled support at a great price.

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

As mentioned already, its a great product at a really good price with good support, I know they listen to me with any suggestions I have as they do all their customers and it's constantly improving. What more could you want?

Pros

We all work in different ways delivering similar products, Teamup allows you the flexibility to run your business in a way that suits you. My staff all find it really easy to use too which is essential. Plenty of feedback on our numbers show us where we can improve or pull something that't not working as well as we might like. The pricing structure allows a new business to get going without crazy overhead from the off. Best of all is the back room support that help you and gives you suggestions if you are really stuck.

Cons

Not a lot to be totally honest. I had used another online booking site who consistently put their prices up and stopped me accessing some of their product unless I upgraded. With Teamup I had access to everythging from the start.

Denise W.

TeamUp Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

The support given during set up and ongoing has been amazing. Not only is there online support, TeamUp have always returned my calls, taken as long as needed to help with any questions. I have been given advice on different marketing ideas, which has been particularly helpful. I have also been offered suggestions to utilise all areas of the TeamUp software.

Pros

TeamUp is a comprehensive software package. It offers so much more than just a ‘booking platform’. I particularly like the ability to send emails to clients at different stages of their membership i.e. new customers, slipping away etc. The software also allows you to track your income. There is the scope to customise memberships and classes to suite your individual business.

Cons

Initially understanding how clients viewed TeamUp as opposed to the business user.

Response from TeamUp

Hi Denise,

Thank you so much for your detailed review!

Hayley P.

Use Team up to make life easier

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Overall, I spend less time at my computer but with the same results, my clients are happy and find the online booking system easy to use and I feel confident knowing that as a customer, I can voice any concerns I may have without fear of judgement and the team will work hard to guide me the best way to resolve them.

Pros

Team Up is an amazing piece of software which has given me more free time to spend with family and friends which I can enjoy, knowing that the day to day management of my business is in safe hands :) It’s easy to use and one thing that really stands out for me is that the customer support is outstanding!

Cons

To be honest, the team are so open to listening and learning from their customers that any minor issue which may crop is sorted very quickly. Equally, any suggestions I have had on how the system could be improved has be addressed and actioned so at present, everything is great :)

Roi L.

Team up at Boom Fitness

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Its been a brilliant experience, have used it for 4.5 years and would highly recommend it. I doubt i'll use anything else ever.

Pros

Team up is a super simple system that offers great value and functionality given the simplicity of it.

It allows us to easily manage customer accounts including payments with ease from my phone.

Cons

Some of the features like kiosk arent active when you first get started, but team up will quickly activate it however if you don't know about it you don't know to ask.

Response from TeamUp

Thank you for the brilliant review Roi. It's a pleasure working with you and supporting your business.

Susanne W.

Great customer service & software

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Excellent experience. Has modernised and streamlined my business from what it was a few years ago.

Pros

Easy to use software, great support from customer service. Always very responsive to queries. Everything in one place, payments, bookings etc
Customers like the software too

Cons

Would be nice to have a proper app clients could dowload

Havnt really mastered the reports or the emailing function as yet but I’m sure help is available here for me to learn if I reach out to the team.

Response from TeamUp

Thanks for the review Susanne, great feedback. Please do reach out to us if we can help you with reporting.

An extra pair of hands

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Been a great help to have Teamup and made running a Business a little easier and more profitable.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the system, I'm not that great at technology but with this it is simple and clear and anything I am not sure of I can check with the team.
It is like having a employ to sort the ins and outs of peoples memberships and creating packages that suit them and help me get the most value and profit.

Cons

The things that were a little awkward have been changed recently and they continue to improve as they go along.

Dan M.

Teamup @ CrossFit LE3

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I am very happy as a Teamup customer and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Pros

The software package is really easy to use both from the business side and the customer side, can be tailored to the business and has a great support team in the background keeping things running smoothly.

Cons

The only minor gripe I have is that customer profiles can be linked to more than one business, if the other business is also using Teamup. Its not a major issue, and doesn't affect the way the system works but it can be a little confusing.

Charlene C.

Easy to use and excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Using the TeamUp booking system frees up a huge amount of time for me which would otherwise be spent taking manual bookings. It's really user friendly for both business owner and consumer and so much better than the system I was using previously. The customer service is excellent, the phone is answered straight away and nothing is ever too much trouble. I know of many other Pilates Studios who use the same system and I've genuinely never heard anything negative from anyone!

Pros

Extremely easy to use, even for technophobes like me!!

Cons

I have not been able to take advantage of the booking system for 1:1 appointments as it doesn't offer enough flexibility in terms of different appointment lengths to suit my business.

Lorna W.

Using Goteam up

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

I like that the customer information is easy to access, updates can be made easily and the system is user friendly for my customers.

Pros

Ease of use to add classes
Ease of use for customers
New updates always added to suit our needs

Cons

Sometimes it can be quite time consuming to add new courses/classes

Response from TeamUp

Hey Lorna,

Thanks for your review and feedback!

Ok look, I love Teamup

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Teamup has been an amazing shared calendar tool to utilize for my team. It allows us to keep track of our marketing schedules across different business units -- all with amazing tagging and color-coding features.

Cons

There are truly no cons. It is so easy to use, it's free, it helps you stay organized, allows you to collaborate with others. There is not a bad thing I can say about it!

Jaime W.

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Very good right from the start. Excellent customer service, the right features for my business and good value for money.

Pros

Simple, yet just what I need to run my business effectively.

Cons

Could be simplified even further. Some features are redundant for me so would like the option to remove them.

Would like further tie in with BoxMate to bring the overall cost down for consumer.

Claire D.

Save time with TeamUp!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

It has given me a multi purposed system for streamlining my business giving customers an easy way to book and pay for my services. It has increased my client base since I started using the system.

Pros

It saves me so much admin time and allows me to get on with more important aspects of my business.

Cons

Sometimes the set of direct debits can be a little confusing for a small majority of clients but that might be down to user error!

Response from TeamUp

Hey Claire,

Thank you for your review! We're delighted to be supporting you and your business.

Quintan S.

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Teamup is very user friendly and makes business life a lot easier.
Features are to find and laid out very professionally.

Cons

I haven’t come across anything that would make me not use teamup.

Response from TeamUp

Hey Quintan,

Thanks for your review, really appreciated. And we're excited to support Fitness Pacific!!

Andrea M.

Great for small team scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

Works well for our small team. Allows us to everyone's schedule or select just the ones we want to see. Mobile app works well.

Cons

Don't like that the mobile app defaults to the person's whose name is first in the alphabet.

Susan S.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Great from the beginning

Pros

Easy to use, UK company, excellent customer service

Cons

Took ages to have an app facility to use with mobile device

Response from TeamUp

Hey Susan,

Thanks for your review, and we're pleased that we've been of service.

Gila A.

A difference to a growing business

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Team up customer support has been fantastic in helping me learn how to use the system.
I find it easy to follow and I like the fact I can set up notifications and welcome emails etc to go out automatically. Definitely saving me time and making running of business more efficient. I have more time to concentrate on other aspects of business.

Pros

The fact that once it's set up a lot of the admin is done autoi. My clients can book on, they can see how many spaces are available in a class and it provides them with more flexibility than booking just a course.
I also know how many people to expect in a class and as a business I'm not losing out by people not turning up.
I also like the fact I have all the paperwork and customer details in one secure place.

Cons

The initial set up, deciding whether to set the system up as classes, courses etc and working out how it would work best for me.

Jonathan M.

Teamup review

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Teamup allows me to see, at a glance, what appointments our company has and with what departments, which increases productivity within the company.

Pros

Easy to access our company's group calendar from multiple platforms

Cons

It's restricted to only a handful of color coded calendars, but it's the free version.

Taylor G.

Makes life easier!

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Team Up allows me to cover a lot of areas in one. Bookings, payments, ParQ forms, email reminders etc
It allows me to look at a variety of reports from attendances to income which is great for monitoring which areas of my business I need to focus on.
I’ve actually gained customers because of the booking system, as compared to other bootcamps out there, mine looked more professional.
The customer service has been brilliant. Any problems I have, I can phone and someone will always take the time to talk me through it and even follow up.
Would definitely recommend to any fitness organisations, will make your life easier!

Pros

Easy to use, gives my business a professional feel, saves time, great customer service.

Cons

My only issue would be using TeamUp on my phone isn’t always great. There’s no option to go back 1 screen, I always have to go back to the start when in a menu. Not a big deal though.

Angela C.

Great booking software

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

I was using a very basic booking software prior to TeamUp. I was looking for a mid-range software (price wise) and GoTeamUp has been perfect. Lots of helpful features like a dashboard, class passes, courses etc. I found it really easy to set up and the customer support are always super friendly and helpful. Would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

It was easy to set up and the customer support was really friendly and helpful

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about it so far

Jessica P.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

This minimise my admin time dramatically and need for class attendance spreadsheets.
Great that all my bookings and memberships are charged through this so I don’t have to deal with cash.

Pros

Easy to set up
Easy to use, for myself and customers
Customer service and request call has always been excellent.

Cons

It doesn’t have an app. This would be great with notifications straight to my phone rather than emails.