UniPhi

Portfolio & project management software

Sonia M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Positive Software experience, a very high level of customer support available.Can't comment on...

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Systematic and fully integrated management of our project information. Great assistance with auditing and reviewing performances.

Pros

As a Document Controller, the complete integration of data input, information, reporting, records management, version control, transmittals, document and methodology libraries...the traceability.

I also really like the support. There are multiple avenues for support and learning, the UniPhi-Youtube channel with tutorials is excellent. The UniPhi website contains very helpful manuals and FAQs section. Finally our Manager Graham Eldridge is accessible and always helpful and willing to tailor solutions to needs, fix issues.
In an offsite setting as a new to industry worker, the support is critical. I have never felt that I am asking too many questions, although I do try and go to the resources first.
Coming from a background as a Bank Manager using dashboards, I can see that UniPhi would also produce valuable and insightful data that would assist in saving huge amount of time in preparing client reports, (although not used on our deployment).

Cons

I don't feel confident that filters are always providing accurate results. Filter ranges or settings feel clunky, or not providing sufficient flexibility to manipulate data sorting.
With that said on our deployment UniPhi has not been untilised to it's true potential.... and whenever I have a problem, I never ever receive a brush off from our UniPhi Manager .. he will happily try and resolve and create workarounds.

Nimai H.

Cloud based project management tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

UniPhi is a fantastic tool which integrates a variety of project management and cashflow tools. It's single major flaw that UniPhi refuses to address is the inability to tie contract phasing to project schedule lifecycles. The fact that we are letting major civil construction contracts without the ability to S-curve the cashflow forecast is ludicrous and unacceptable. It is ironic that the S-curve functionality exists within UniPhi, however the company for some inexplicable reason has eliminated this option from contract phasing and have forced a flat line "Date A" to "Date B" approach for autophasing. This means if you have a $1m Contract phased over 10 months, the autophaser will forecast $100k per month spend. Everyone that has worked a day in the industry understands that construction costs are incurred on an "s-curve", not a flat line. This HAS to change UniPhi!!!!!!

Pros

Integration of various tool sets which exist in different pieces of software into one package.

Cons

Inability to S-curve cashflow forecast for contracted items.

Jason A.

I Love Uniphi - I have had it for 5 years now and have implemented into 4 organisations

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

huge productivity and flexibility with a web based system

Pros

Integrated document management, cost and contract management in the one interface with web browser access and the app.
I have implemented Uniphi into 4 organisations that i have worked with in the past 4 years after seeing the antiquated methods that they use.
the low cost for initial deployment is attractive for small business and the fully customisable across industries.
Integration to our accounting system Xero is a great feature.
My sister runs Uniphi in her business. its web based application allows me to log into the platform and review projects or issues she has in real time

Cons

Most of them are user quirks and customisations that I haven't had completed but i regularly provide feedback to the development team.

Rebecca C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Pros

Templates. Our company has different service lines eg Access, OHS, Project Management etc and being able to create different templates for each department works well and is efficient practice.

Cons

Not very flexible. Contract don't allow for additional information to be inputted such as supplier numbers or multiple names due to invoicing requirements of some of our clients. We have to manipulate the invoice with a PDF editor program. The invoice template could be more clearer and cleaner.
Not having a dedicated customer service rep to assist with day to day issues is also an annoyance but I understand a new customer serve platform is coming soon.
Reports. We have found that while there is a huge amount to chose from, not many are useful. Sometimes you have to refer to 3 or 4 to get the data you need. For eg there is no 1 report that tells us a) the project budget b)how much the cost is up to date c) how much we have invoiced and d) how much fee is remaining. That is important info to help manage our projects.
Resources- have a system in place that alerts to duplicates being created would be a big improvement to the program.

Response from UniPhi

Hi Rebecca,

I am sorry to hear you have not had an optimal customer service experience. In the case of your organisation, your point of contact is a UniPhi re-seller, which does place a little extra distance between us and you. However, as you mentioned, we have now launched a new chat app on our website, so you can speak directly to a team-member during business hours. Hopefully this will help alleviate day to day issues that you face.

On the subject of reports, if you feel there is a gap in the suite of standard reports, please provide us the details via [email protected]

As far as duplicate resources go, we do ensure you cannot have two Organisations with the same name or ABN, however for contacts it is very hard to detect what is a duplicate and what is legitimately two people with the same name, for this reason we err on the side of caution.

Graham H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Love the functionality of the financial management

Reviewed on 2017/07/30

Financial management and integrity. It is a onestop Shop for Project Management.

Pros

I find particularly the full financial management path of the programme to be very good. By this I mean from the raising of a contract through to a payment recommendation, there is full tracaebility which would satisfy any audit process. Document storage is good and the on-site app makes it easy when on-site to retrieve drawings etc and raise an issue for distribution promptly. The the plugin for outlook is very handy.

Cons

The plugin for outlook is only compatible with 32 bit MS op systems which is a drawback. Document management is an area where there can be improvements made.

Ekaterina A.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very useful for managing research projects.

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Ability to keep track of important dates for research and funding.
Ability to organise research materials and keep them in the cloud.

Pros

For me the most useful are the issue management features. I can log any grant applications and archive access issues to make sure I don't miss important deadlines and my research projects are on track. The main page allows me to see all my urgent issues at a glance which helps me to keep on top of my work.

I also like the version control feature. It helps me to ensure that I am editing the latest version of the document.

Cons

It is a bit frustrating that I can't simply cut and paste texts into the documents. Instead, I have to paste the text into an intermediary dialog box.
I would like to be able to organize the documents attached to UniPhi document in alphabetical or any other order.

Keily B.

UniPhi stores all of our document, and managed version control, and sign off status. It's so...

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

It's ease of use and ability to act as a document repository as well as a reporting system. All team members can access the system from anywhere in the world which makes us able to call on experience from team members around the world and not just local.

Cons

Nothing...I love this system and it should be used more widely! Every time we require an update or an 'out of the box' addition it's been able to be done with no issues at all.

Julia B.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Functional product--Does what it says it will

Reviewed on 2019/11/10

I can see how much work my team is doing for internal and external clients.

Pros

All information about a project can be input and tracked in UniPhi. The customisation options are numerous. The data in UniPhi is brilliant for understanding what the team is doing.

Cons

As a 'regular' user, I have to depend on others to customise reports. For example, I can only check on the team one team member at a time. All the data on all the team members is there, but my view of it is limited.

Hao S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good system

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Very good softaware to track project time

Pros

easy to use and easy to track
System is faster than the others.

Cons

All good. And I didn’t seen any cons. If possible, I would like to check all the chargers time for several projects.

Belinda J.

From what I've seen in the 3 months I've been using uniphi it is very efficient and functional.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

I love the templates and auto calculations for ease of use. I also love that multiple people can be using the program at once and it doesn't crash or time out.

Cons

I think there could be a few things added to make things a little easier and more time efficient. For example, an alert page/box where signed off documents sit without you having to search for them.

Michael R.

Great system

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Great information readily available, excellent for forecasting and planning workload

Pros

Great information, reasonably quick and easy to use

Cons

Can be somewhat difficult to navigate all of the reporting options but only because there are a lot of choices

Deborah A.

UniPhi Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

Untendered works budget is a good feature

Cons

Clunky invoicing approval process takes longer than some other softwares

James M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I have had no dealings with Uniphi, but I request minor tweaks on a monthly basis, through our graduate QS who is in contact with Uniphi and these changes never seem to happen

Pros

It is a reasonable project management tool and should be sold to PM's, not QS'

Cons

This programme is too complicated, yet lacks basic functionality and is completely unfit for purpose.

Response from UniPhi

Hi James,

We take customer feedback seriously and many of the changes and enhancements to UniPhi are driven directly by customer requests. Perhaps in this case they may have been lost in translation when communicated via your graduate colleague?

Regardless, we would very much like to hear your detailed feedback, especially when you say the system is complicated, please reach out to us at [email protected]

David B.

average

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

Too confusing the layout. I can't say anything that I liked.

Cons

I just use Uniphi to do my timesheet, my home page when I login should be just my timesheet.

Chris P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

General Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Uniphi allows us to have all our project data in the one spot, and retrievable with internet connection from anywhere.
Latest changes are a backward step for our operation, reduces efficiency

Pros

Keeps all our data relating to projects in the one location.
Can sort using filters, however have now lost search function under Summary module - very frustrating

Cons

Reports are difficult to customise
Customer support is very poor
Latest upgrade introduces more clunkiness, by adding in extra steps. Ie two steps to see the PDF of a document rather than the previous one step.
Time sheets once submitted do not automatically roll onto the next day, which occurred previously. Now go back to the beginning of the week.
More difficulty adding resources - and then including in the Contracts tab

Response from UniPhi

Hi Chris,

We are sorry you did not like the latest round of interface changes. Sometimes when adding new functionality, we have to make tradeoffs such as placing the save as pdf button behind a general share link in order to make space for other new features.

We would definitely like to understand further any difficulties you are having adding resources, as it is an area of the system we spent a lot of effort on for the UniPhi 15 release.

Danielle D.

Uniphi has changed our work. We have many working in remote locations and Uniphi has become...

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

I think that I have recommended and seen this introduced in an additional 2 companies. It is fantastic for our job tracking and consistency in project management.

Pros

The ease to use and train new staff. The cloud based nature of the software being helpful given the remote nature of our team.

Cons

There are a number of functions we don't use in the software, more specifically around costs and forecasting.

Derryn B.

Uniphi is a great management tool to collaborate on technically or logistically challenging...

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

The software enables the organisation to create templates that suit their specific contractual requirements, generating efficiencies and consistency throughout the project.

Cons

Inability for the client to manipulate document headers and footers to actively keep the format up to date.

James H.

Uniphi updates 2018

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Pros

the updates this year have made it so much easier to use uniphi and have sped up the teams workflows

Cons

find more ways to speed up the processing in finances and simpler training mechanisms

Scott P.

Not bad for Contract management. Less friendly to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I've been working in it for 2 years and I still have only half an idea whats going on in the system.

Pros

Its good at managing contracts - what's paid, what's left of the contract, you can find previous invoices. Templates make approvals easy

Cons

Numbers change without any human input, too many items that cant be explained, you spend your life searching for errors, too easy to wipe the unforecast budget, difficult to cash flow, doesnt handle interest changes, cant get an easy report, cant see what the changes are month to month, too many screens to get lost in, difficult to cash flow, cant scenario model.

Mahmoud C.

Uniphi

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

Access to multiple reports and featured documents

Cons

Inputting historical information required multiple steps

Dat P.

It is relatively user friendly and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

Generated templates and ease of navigation. The system is relatively simple to use but have have not been exposed to other areas of the software.

Cons

Nil so far, haven't seen or been exposed to too much of the system's full capacity and would be keen to understand more of the system

Judi G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent, Could not run projects without it - one stop software for all aspects of project...

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

One stop software for all critical aspects of project delivery.

Pros

It manages work flow, collaboration, document control, emails, risk, financials, communications, traceability and reporting. Data base searchability is excellent.

Cons

A minor disadvantage is not seeing documents finalised and records received by date in the home screens.

Joshua D.

UniPhi Functionality

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We are moving off traditional server intranet based document and resource control and UniPhi was the perfect solution to this. It is easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

I first encountered UniPhi with just time sheeting but I learned it has phenomenal applications across many business functions and it is currently our "one-stop shop" for document control and resource allocation.

Cons

Initially, I thought it was limited, but with learning, it has many functions!

Bob C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The UniPhi experience has been positive and it has significantly enhanced our team's...

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Improved reporting, solid improvement in data veracity and reliability. Good team feedback on the introduction of a tool that improves their day-to-day activities.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility and adaptability. Comes from a solid core with plenty of potential for functionality expansions.

Cons

User interface and navigation could be enhanced. The current GUI is showing it's age and an update would enhance the user experience.

Graham E.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Ever expanding functionality which improves efficiencies, and is well supported.

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

UniPhi has allowed us to obtain real time data for all of our projects. The important distinction between UniPhi and other products is that UniPhi is predominantly a project “management” tool which may be used to produce reports, rather than being a project reporting tool. This is a key and fundamental difference.

Pros

UniPhi is like a more sophisticated and complete solution for project management and collaboration. Logging all relevant and important information regarding projects is far more efficient than use of say email, or single function task logging solutions. I like the way UniPhi allows data which has been entered to be reused many times (e.g. adding budget information, and having those same dollar amounts included into key project documents and reports)

Cons

Change management can be difficult (with any software deployment). Users who have used typical Gantt charts in the past will require close management, and lots of attention so that they see the personal benefits of NOT relying on a Gantt chart to manage their own workload, and the workload of their team. As more project management software products move away from the typical Gantt chart approach, this should be an easier sell.