UniPhi Reviews

UniPhi

Portfolio & project management software

4.4/5 (25 reviews)
Sonia M.

Positive Software experience, a very high level of customer support available.Can't comment on price

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Systematic and fully integrated management of our project information. Great assistance with auditing and reviewing performances.

Pros

As a Document Controller, the complete integration of data input, information, reporting, records management, version control, transmittals, document and methodology libraries...the traceability.

I also really like the support. There are multiple avenues for support and learning, the UniPhi-Youtube channel with tutorials is excellent. The UniPhi website contains very helpful manuals and FAQs section. Finally our Manager Graham Eldridge is accessible and always helpful and willing to tailor solutions to needs, fix issues.
In an offsite setting as a new to industry worker, the support is critical. I have never felt that I am asking too many questions, although I do try and go to the resources first.
Coming from a background as a Bank Manager using dashboards, I can see that UniPhi would also produce valuable and insightful data that would assist in saving huge amount of time in preparing client reports, (although not used on our deployment).

Cons

I don't feel confident that filters are always providing accurate results. Filter ranges or settings feel clunky, or not providing sufficient flexibility to manipulate data sorting.
With that said on our deployment UniPhi has not been untilised to it's true potential.... and whenever I have a problem, I never ever receive a brush off from our UniPhi Manager .. he will happily try and resolve and create workarounds.

Ekaterina A.

Very useful for managing research projects.

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Ability to keep track of important dates for research and funding.
Ability to organise research materials and keep them in the cloud.

Pros

For me the most useful are the issue management features. I can log any grant applications and archive access issues to make sure I don't miss important deadlines and my research projects are on track. The main page allows me to see all my urgent issues at a glance which helps me to keep on top of my work.

I also like the version control feature. It helps me to ensure that I am editing the latest version of the document.

Cons

It is a bit frustrating that I can't simply cut and paste texts into the documents. Instead, I have to paste the text into an intermediary dialog box.
I would like to be able to organize the documents attached to UniPhi document in alphabetical or any other order.

Jason A.

I Love Uniphi - I have had it for 5 years now and have implemented into 4 organisations

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

huge productivity and flexibility with a web based system

Pros

Integrated document management, cost and contract management in the one interface with web browser access and the app.
I have implemented Uniphi into 4 organisations that i have worked with in the past 4 years after seeing the antiquated methods that they use.
the low cost for initial deployment is attractive for small business and the fully customisable across industries.
Integration to our accounting system Xero is a great feature.
My sister runs Uniphi in her business. its web based application allows me to log into the platform and review projects or issues she has in real time

Cons

Most of them are user quirks and customisations that I haven't had completed but i regularly provide feedback to the development team.

David H.

I have deployed UniPhi in a number of my business over the past 10 years, and will continue to.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Huge gains in efficiency and productivity

Pros

I have used UniPhi as a single project delivery tool; as a complete enterprise management tool; and everything in between, in different businesses. I find both the product and the company support to be exceptionally competent, regardless of the deployment. Whether we have used UniPhi to manage individual projects, or more recently to run an entire manufacturing and construction company, the platform has served us well. The fact that EVERYTHING is managed in UniPhi is priceless - such an efficiency!

Cons

Some aspects of the 'user experience' could do with a refresh. While the functionality is bullet proof, it can take some time to get individual users up to a high level of competency.

Brett B.

A very powerful project management system that is adaptable to individual business proceedures.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Easy to use with well constructed input fields.

Pros

Manages issues, risks and costs in real time. Screen layout and filters are set up so that the user can concentrate on the tasks which need to be completed first rather trolling through information which is not relevant. Reports have the ability to pull the various project metrics together in one place quickly and efficiently, PCG reports can be pulled together in minutes as opposed to days.

Cons

The set up parameters are tailored to your business. A review of how you do business should be undertaken prior to implementation so that your deployment is up to date. The system if crafted correctly has the ability to reinforce the culture within your business.

7.0/10
David H.

I have used UniPhi in a number of my businesses over the past ten years, and will continue to do so.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Because we can run everything on the one platform, we have experienced incredible improvements in productivity.

Pros

I have deployed UniPhi to run individual projects; as an enterprise management platform for an entire manufacturing and construction business, and many points in between. In every case both the product and the support have been excellent. The fact that Everything can be run on the one platform offers incredible efficiency and effectiveness.

Cons

Some of the 'user experience' aspects could do with a re-fresh. While the functionality is bullet proof, it can take a while for some users to get really comfortable and become proficient.

Graham H.

Love the functionality of the financial management

Reviewed on 2017/07/30

Financial management and integrity. It is a onestop Shop for Project Management.

Pros

I find particularly the full financial management path of the programme to be very good. By this I mean from the raising of a contract through to a payment recommendation, there is full tracaebility which would satisfy any audit process. Document storage is good and the on-site app makes it easy when on-site to retrieve drawings etc and raise an issue for distribution promptly. The the plugin for outlook is very handy.

Cons

The plugin for outlook is only compatible with 32 bit MS op systems which is a drawback. Document management is an area where there can be improvements made.

7.0/10
Keily B.

UniPhi stores all of our document, and managed version control, and sign off status. It's so easy!

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

It's ease of use and ability to act as a document repository as well as a reporting system. All team members can access the system from anywhere in the world which makes us able to call on experience from team members around the world and not just local.

Cons

Nothing...I love this system and it should be used more widely! Every time we require an update or an 'out of the box' addition it's been able to be done with no issues at all.

Nick J.

UniPhi has simplified the way I manage projects

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Auditable, traceable records for projects, with links between documents that reduce 'search' time if it was loose in an email account

Pros

Everything can be customised so that it works for your specific requirements. The UniPhi team are incredibly responsive to issues and questions, and constantly making tweaks to improve the end user experience by listening to what people are asking for. And if you spend the right amount of time setting the system up, you reap huge rewards as your project progresses

Cons

Occasionally the screen presentation is overwhelming if you put too much info into one template. Users really need to be trained before running the system in order to get the most out of it (common sense really but causes some pain if staff turnover is high)

Amy B.

Uniphi is one of the most comprehensive PM software systems that is extremely easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

The financial control features of the product are excellent. They are detailed, transparent and can be easily linked to issues that can arise on a project so that the project manager can always find out what a project expense is for and why.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about Uniphi. We are yet to find a downside to this product and we have been using it for over 2 years.

Danielle D.

Uniphi has changed our work. We have many working in remote locations and Uniphi has become imperati

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

I think that I have recommended and seen this introduced in an additional 2 companies. It is fantastic for our job tracking and consistency in project management.

Pros

The ease to use and train new staff. The cloud based nature of the software being helpful given the remote nature of our team.

Cons

There are a number of functions we don't use in the software, more specifically around costs and forecasting.

Bronwen G.

I have been using Uniphi for years and I find it quite easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

the amount of information that can be entered to a project, like money, staff members, and the various tabs that can easily be navigated through the project

Cons

Not being able to delete superseded templates and not having a more concise way of saving all the project correspondence related to the project.

Derryn B.

Uniphi is a great management tool to collaborate on technically or logistically challenging projects

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

The software enables the organisation to create templates that suit their specific contractual requirements, generating efficiencies and consistency throughout the project.

Cons

Inability for the client to manipulate document headers and footers to actively keep the format up to date.

Tricia C.

Fairly positive. Not as much application to context of small professional services firm

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

Its flexibility and the capacity to track hours and utilisation of resources. Also, the ability to record all leads and potential clients.

Cons

It is particular in its use. I have encountered difficulties in utilising all its capabilities across the organisation due to presumed knowledge. I am also not happy about the costs structure, and the lack of information about the proposed changes (as in no further permanent licenses)

Alex G.

Long term user

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

collaboration across multiple sites and geographies

Pros

Integration of multiple areas of PM functions. Document Control. Contract Control. Risk and Registers.

Cons

Visual environment and navigation interface. Reports tab. Mobile App interface. Program functionaility can be enhanced.

Ronan B.

UniPhi Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I manage contracts and provide reports back to clients with UniPhi.

Pros

Its functionality and ease of use. It makes it simple to manage contracts and report.

Cons

The terminology such as snapshot, I find this confusing.

James H.

Uniphi updates 2018

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Pros

the updates this year have made it so much easier to use uniphi and have sped up the teams workflows

Cons

find more ways to speed up the processing in finances and simpler training mechanisms

Matthew S.

Clear potential as a complete management tool and is fairly user friendly.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

Comprehensive tool that is capable of handling correspondence, documents and cost control - not many tools do this well. I like that it can manage things simply or with a greater level of detail and complexity if that's needed.

Cons

Difficult to customise to suit the exact way our particular business wants to do things e.g. cost management and reporting - this is due to certain functions that are fixed across all organisations so it lack a little flexibility there. It's also taken much longer than it should have to get the cost management aspect operating cleanly with consistent reporting, however that would at least in part be a consequence of transferring across to UniPhi mid-project.

Dat P.

It is relatively user friendly and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

Generated templates and ease of navigation. The system is relatively simple to use but have have not been exposed to other areas of the software.

Cons

Nil so far, haven't seen or been exposed to too much of the system's full capacity and would be keen to understand more of the system

Judi G.

Excellent, Could not run projects without it - one stop software for all aspects of project delivery

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/08/02

One stop software for all critical aspects of project delivery.

Pros

It manages work flow, collaboration, document control, emails, risk, financials, communications, traceability and reporting. Data base searchability is excellent.

Cons

A minor disadvantage is not seeing documents finalised and records received by date in the home screens.

Joshua D.

UniPhi Functionality

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We are moving off traditional server intranet based document and resource control and UniPhi was the perfect solution to this. It is easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

I first encountered UniPhi with just time sheeting but I learned it has phenomenal applications across many business functions and it is currently our "one-stop shop" for document control and resource allocation.

Cons

Initially, I thought it was limited, but with learning, it has many functions!

Hao S.

Good system

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Very good softaware to track project time

Pros

easy to use and easy to track
System is faster than the others.

Cons

All good. And I didn’t seen any cons. If possible, I would like to check all the chargers time for several projects.

Bob C.

The UniPhi experience has been positive and it has significantly enhanced our team's productivity.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Improved reporting, solid improvement in data veracity and reliability. Good team feedback on the introduction of a tool that improves their day-to-day activities.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility and adaptability. Comes from a solid core with plenty of potential for functionality expansions.

Cons

User interface and navigation could be enhanced. The current GUI is showing it's age and an update would enhance the user experience.

Belinda J.

From what I've seen in the 3 months I've been using uniphi it is very efficient and functional.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

I love the templates and auto calculations for ease of use. I also love that multiple people can be using the program at once and it doesn't crash or time out.

Cons

I think there could be a few things added to make things a little easier and more time efficient. For example, an alert page/box where signed off documents sit without you having to search for them.

Matthew S.

System is well presented and well run.

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

The system cut down on administration tasks such as filing, letter/ document numbering and so on which allowed more time for critical issues.

Pros

The ease of use is a plus. Logical sequence to find what you are after. User interface is firendly and easy to follow.

Cons

The filing system is sometimes hard to follow, however, this is thought to be a user based issue more than a uniphi issue.