Timely

Automatic time tracking software for individuals & teams

Used Timely to record time worked and tasks completed

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Timely organizes time info visually very well.

Pros

I liked the way that Timely visually assembled information to be seen en mass. It made the ability to see quickly and easily where time opportunities were for our business.

Cons

Timely was not quite what we were looking for. It's a good program but ultimately we were unable to use it in tandem with other programs we were more committed to.

Elizabeth N.
  • Industry: Program Development

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

Pros

Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

Cons

It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

So simple yet so powerful

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Timely is so ridiculously simple to use. Makes time tracking a breeze. But the simplicity is paired with very sophisticated reports allowing granular analysis. It is the best time tracking software we have found after trying several systems.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful reports. Great support.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever. Can't think of any drawbacks.

Collin B.
  • Industry: Design

Hands down the best time-tracking software for solo entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Time tracking is a breeze and the memory tracker helps me fill in the gaps.

Pros

It's fast, sleek, and has some forward-thinking features that are really smart (like scheduling your time in advance, and the new Memory auto time-tracker).

Cons

It's expensive no matter how you slice it. There's free alternatives out there that do most of the functions, but they don't do it as well.

Pooja V.

Timely is maintain your time and also remember that do your work.

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

It's a show that how your employee work in this month, year and days also show the work sheet. Employee will be how much busy schedule show in your boss. And also I can right how much time I do in which developing and solving issue. It will be inspire to time Paschal in any work.

Cons

If you have poor internet connection then it's work very slow and some data are not perfectly show it's perfect for boss and employee.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simply the best interface to look / search and analyze logs

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Creating Dashboards
Setting up Automatic Alerts
Creatign Automatic tickets based on treshold

Cons

Actually nothing that i dont like about Splunk

Rebecca M.

Keeping me Honest

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

Timely helps me stay honest with my time reporting - not just to my clients, but to also measure where my time is best spent and where I am wasting time on certain tasks. Helps me stay productive and focused.

Pros

Ease of use, app

Cons

Wish there was a way to track time where I can start/stop on certain projects... say for instance, I start working at 11:00 on a project, but at 11:22 I get a phone call unrelated to the project. I'd like to be able to easily start and stop and have the software calculate for me.

Carolyn S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Incredibly useful.

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I've looked at a number of different options, and am glad I settled on Timely. It's very helpful with invoicing, and its interface is simple and intuitive. The new features are awesome (particularly the tagging and time recording systems), and work well; despite the influx of new features, I haven't run into any major bugs. The app does have some trouble calculating hours/income when they're first recorded, but a refresh gets it back in order. Very happy with this product.

Super easy way to manage time & billing

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

The incredibly easy to use interface makes it really easy to track my own time, as well as my team's.

Cons

Subscription cost is a bit high, given that there are newer apps that solve the same problem on the marketplace that only charge a one-time fee. That said, it's still the best interface / dashboard.

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Timely for a Solo Business Consultant

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

Everything about Timely has been great. It does everything I need for managing the hours I work for each of my clients. Having a list of clients with projects makes allocation easy.

The Timely team has been very helpful and communicative when dealing with an issue that required some major development work. I was very impressed with this.

The only extra feature I can think of that would be perfect for me is the ability to grab items from within the apps (on the day page) and add them to an entry. I can easily create an entry from one of the app items but to add app items to an entry would be handy.

Otherwise I have nothing but praise for the software and the team.

Pros

Value for money and practicality

Cons

Unable to add app items to an entry

Jákup J.

I've needed a solution like Timely for some time. I finally found it and it perfectly suits my...

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Pros

Projects with budgets and different tasks - clients with different projects - tags to measure time spent on different types of tasks - marking projects as billed - timer on tasks - planned time for future tasks

Cons

Ummm.... wish I could set a combined income worth on a project instead of hours. Then as I clock more hours, I see how my hourly income decreases. I often work project-based where I have a set budget and an estimated number of hours set aside for that project. If I choose budget for project and set hourly pay, then if I go over the set time it shows a wrong number while I still get paid only the set amount.

Christie C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easiest Way to Track Time

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

Love the simplicity of use. This works perfectly to track time spent on freelance projects and for personal use.

Cons

Pricing but the free version offers everything I need.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Solution to track your hours

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Timely makes easy to track your hours and deliver a guarantee that your client is paying what you have worked

Cons

I really enjoy it, but the design can be more intuitive

Alesia C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

timely saves me time

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I haven't missed a meeting or appointment since getting timely

Pros

I love that it sends you reminder text and emails, that it easily keeps track of all appointments, and that it can connect to facebook to add events easily to my calendar

Cons

only way to contact support is via email, there is no online chat feature

Shivakant D.

One of the best time tracking tools ever!

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

This is the best Freelancer Dream.

Pros

The best part of this platform which I like is it is easy to access and use across devices. Being able to easily access time sheets from my mobile started on my PC is great and extremely convenient. It was easy to learn how to use and great for its purpose.

Cons

It is a good platform but sometimes there is a bug in the iOS, but it doesn't break any process and even though it is a paid tool and the pricing is not accessible for everyone, unless you're a company owner.

Stephanie R.

Modern, Easy to Use software. Helps me track my time accurately!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

Great time-tracker software which helps me better track my time but also keeps me more aware of logging hours, how I spend my time, etc.

Wish they had an Android App.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Automated Time Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

I used Timely a lot when I was freelancing and it was exactly what I needed. I recently started working at an agency and our time tracking needs are a lot more advanced so Timely really isn't a great fit for us, but if you work alone or your needs aren't very complex, it's an excellend app.

Pros

Timely's automated time tracking is really neat and helpful once it has learned your patterns.

Cons

It can take a while for Timely's automated suggestions to be correct, especially if you have complex scheduling needs.

Kurt K.

More money - less problems!

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We became a complete new overview on our time-spending and project hours in an easy and stylish way. Our customers love the report sharing function!

Pros

Timely is very quick and easy to use! You can save a lot of time with the intelligent "Memory Tracker" plugin. The easy way of sharing project reports is second to none - our customers love it!

Cons

For me and my company there are no cons! It all works perfectly!

Wayne V.

a must use time tracking tool. Almost no manual input required. Saved me at least 4 hours per...

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Time saver and found extra billable hours

Pros

The Memory feature automagically tracking time is a serious game changer. We have "discovered" more billable hours each month and the reports produced for clients show exactly how their money has been spent. And we love the almost zero input required.

Navjot S.

Complete scheduling solution in small packet

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

We are using this for internal meeting and we are receiving great output. Cost effective, easy to implement, manage and reporting is great. Available in all platforms.

Cons

Smartphone apps lack in functionality & not frequent updates.

Matteo G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Good to improve efficiency

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

It simplified the way we organize appointments. It offers an extensive integration in terms of reminders with SMS and emails, all automated

Cons

The design in the app is not as clear as the one of the desktop version in my opinion

Timothée G.
  • Industry: Design

Smart & simple

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Pros

User interface, user experience and Memory Tracker, which is clearly why I'm using Timely instead one of the other players in the time tracking game.

Cons

Two weeks of Memory history for the price, the Essential plan is too short in my opinion 1 month would be perfect.

• Industry: Higher Education

Great scheduling software that comes with ML

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Neat scheduling and time management UI/UX.
It also uses machine learning and artificial intelligence which is cool.

Cons

Nothing to complain at all! The company is nice to provide support, the product is good and has a great value

Josephine-marie M.

What to say

Reviewed on 2018/10/07

Pros

the customer service is amazing they work with you and try to help you out right away. Also some feature work amazingly

Cons

there isn't anything that I can complain about but, only when you have to input Tip when you have a sale.

• Industry: Hospitality

Timely works

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Works on mobile device and desktop. Great for project time tracking. Overall nicely laid out and easy to use.

Cons

an be a bit cumbersome for daily time tracking if your job requires daily hour by hour tracking.