Paycor Perform Reviews

Paycor Perform

All-in-on HR solution with HCM, payroll & timekeeping

4.4/5 (1672 reviews)
Tami W.

Payroll software that meets business needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Paycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.

Pros

The report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.

Cons

I like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.

Sheryl L.

Easy to use payroll software

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Kathy M.

Best Payroll System

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately.
Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons

While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

Tami W.

Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2015/02/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check!
The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking time off and scheduling different leaves for our staff, and it's easy to make a change to the reason or day if needed. The HR piece of Paycor has simplified things for me in that I have changed our benefits to an online enrollment (fabulous). I've utilized the forms and documents section for a central location to refer all employees to, and the company news lets me put time sensitive materials on there.
Paycor has been very easy to work with and extremely helpful. I like having a specialist for each piece of the product; I can call and present my problem without having to be passed to five different departments. They are prompt in resolving my problem and very courteous.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.

Tami W.

Not just the product, the employees care!

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me.

Paycor is also a company that listens to the customers. Not all companies have the same needs but with Paycor you have the ability to make suggestions for changes and they really do monitor these and make changes. Every quarter they have updates of things they have changed or improved. It is nice to have a company that strives to make it customers jobs easier.

The software itself is easy to navigate and use. I have found the reporting feature to be of great value. I have several reports that need to be customized, this includes the order of the columns, adding formulas and sub-strings, to detailed employee information. My specialist helped me create a report for our workers compensation audit which saved me over 8 hours of work! I have also been able to customize reports that I need to run once a year, it is so nice to just be able to go in an hit "run report" and it's done.

Paycor also saved me a lot of time and concern last year with the 1095 forms. My specialist worked with me to ensure all the information was correct and then Paycor took care of the rest. What a relief that was, I didn' t have to worry about missing any deadlines or mailings.

If you aren't using a payroll provider or you are looking for a different one I would strongly encourage you to contact Paycor as they are definitely a top notch company!

Pros

The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Alison B.

time saver and very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

I have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that are available. I can customize and share reports with others in my department. I also love that I can schedule reports to run and e-mail out. The HR module has greatly helped streamline our benefit and and HR management. Employees are able to view and manager their own profiles, which again saves a lot of time.

Overall, I have been very happy with Paycor Perform and the benefits it has provided to our company.

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization

Cons

There are areas of reporting and employee record set up that I wish i could customize more. also, we tend to have disruption in our scheduled reporting when there is a Quarterly Update. Also, the implementation process was bumpy at times in terms of time frams and communications, but at the end we were very happy with the product

Lisa M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

We have been able to better track our payroll and labor allocation. It integrates with our benefits program and cuts down on input. Audits go smoother with the reports that we are able to generate; both the pre-made reports and the report generator. I was a little aprehensive when I came into this position. It was quite abruptly and with little training, but I have come to really like this program and it makes my job run a little smoother.

Pros

The product is easy to use. They have great tutorials to help you with areas you are not familiar with. If you need to call in, the customer service is exceptional. They are always friendly and work to the resolution of the call.

Cons

Navigation between the areas is a little rough. There are times that I have to maneuver to another area for information and once the information is obtained, I have to maneuver back to the area I was in. If all the areas could be interconnected that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to designate hours and pay to a department. Currently, all hours and or pay have to be allocated to the different departments.

Dione J.

Paycor Perform is my first system of this type

Reviewed on 2018/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Aside from the following issues, I've had some very friendly & helpful service. I do not have other experience with programs/companies like this to compare functionality/quality so it is really difficult for me to discern some of the ratings.
1) Some people in the same departmental/hr vs t&a vs payroll areas do things differently so if your rep is busy and doesn't respond to your e-mails for a week, a new person does not understand some of your functions. 2) I've had trouble with my reporting features not providing correct information and it worries me that there might be even more higher priority type items that are also not reporting or working correctly. 3) The two sides are not cohesive, such as calling someone a manager on one side and a supervisor on the other. I like that you can make them two different people, but calling them different names is confusing.

Pros

Almost always receive friendly helpful service. There are many options for customization. Mostly an easy to read and use interface.

Cons

If you don't set it up, some of the additional benefit/functions are very difficult to understand. I often have trouble setting up various items and would like to have a preview/test button before I share something to everyone, etc. The "OK" button after punching in/out is causing many double punches from people pressing Enter on their keyboards. Many employees complained for the lack of insight & instruction to the changes on this when they were made and do not think this particular interface is user friendly.

6.0/10
Jennifer S.

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

The online Paycor platform is user-friendly and intuitive. Anyone who has worked in any type of payroll environment would find the platform easy to navigate with very little instruction. There are features that I do find to be superior to ADP, the payroll service I have previously used. I like how the employees are organized and the ease with which I can navigate from employee to employee. I also like the payroll process itself and how pre-post reports are available much more quickly than similar reports were available to me when using ADP. Finally, and most importantly, the customer service\support is far superior to ADP. With ADP, there was a customer service line to call and you would be routed to the first available representative. Sometimes you would get a very helpful, knowledgeable person. However, sometimes you wouldn't. And you would never get the same person twice, even if you had to call in again regarding the same issue. So, you would have to waste time either explaining again or giving the rep your case number to look up and wait while they review case notes. And they were not allowed to provide their direct contact information; you always had to call the main number and take the representative you got. But with Paycor, you have a dedicated representative that you can reach via e-mail or phone. This saves so much time for everyone because they already know about your business and your payroll and can help quickly and easily. Also, if an issue you have had before arises again, you don't have to explain it all over again to a new person. I have only been working with Paycor for about 4 weeks now and I am already completely satisfied with my experience.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, presentation of database information

Cons

Cannot delete many things once they have been put in. For example, I made a mistake on someone's direct deposit record. I chose the incorrect deduction code on a direct deposit. I could not change the field once it was populated and saved. So, I had to turn that direct deposit off and enter the new correct information in a separate record. Would have been much easier to be able to edit that deduction code on the existing record.

Cesar C.

Paycor's a vital element for the efficient management of human talent from the web

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

The organization has optimized from the work per hour required in reality, as the development of data that allow you to optimize the preparation of the payroll and therefore the accounting and finance of the company. In addition to the Paycor applicant tracking system, the company has been able to optimize its recruitment and selection of qualified personnel.

Pros

The software is very useful because its integrated tools provide me with a virtual environment to manage from its graphical interface the assistance of the staff, as their time of stay in the premises, in addition the graphics tool allows me to generate basic inputs for the construction of the reports that the other instances of the organization require in terms of the need for personnel and the preparation of the payroll. It is very good because it is also compatible with several operating systems such as Mac OS, independent operating system, Windows 8.

Cons

The difficulty has been in reaching the precision levels of automating the tracking of employee hours based on their actual work hours in the company and although administrators can configure workflows and distribute permissions to several users according to the roles, his workstation is cumbersome at the system level to translate all those variations of the programming that the tool has with reality.

Nathan R.

HR in the Cloud

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Moving from ADP was a vast improvement, even with the note cons. Paycor is comparatively modern and offers a more robust platform for HR needs in the cloud. Employee satisfaction with recording time, leave, and access to forms and legal documents improved dramatically with Paycor.

Pros

It offers broad coverage of HR needs, including tracking time and leave, payroll processing, access to legal forms and employee files, etc. Paycor has seen marked improvement over the years I've been using it, now sporting a useful dashboard that presents the most-needed information at a glance. I like that when I log on I'm immediately presented with my leave balances, the date of my next paycheck, and access to the individuals that report to me. The Paycor interface is easy to navigate, place oft-accessed categories in logical places. Coming from ADP, Paycor was a huge step forward in functionality and ease of use.

Cons

While the worksheet for entering leave and time worked has been redesigned, the employee management area (where a supervisor approves leave, time cards, and tracks employee projects) remains dated and does not match the rest of the site. The form for recording employee progress toward goal completion and completing employee reviews allows only three types of fields, lacks conditional logic, and does not port employee entries to the supervisor rating form. These areas need a lot of work before Paycor becomes a true one-stop shop for our HR needs.

Ken P.

Paycor Perform truly Performs

Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Paycor is rich in functionality. It does a great job in time keeping and has performed for payroll flawlessly once the bugs were worked out (which are inevitable when converting to a new system). Just about everything can be tweaked and changed to conform to a companies policies. You can drill down deep to give customized access to companies, groups, and even individuals in that you can assign a group to an individual, then customize their unique profile to give them access to the specific functions they need. The reporting is about as complete as you could want. There are standard reporting templates for just about anything you need, then you can customize these or build from scratch and keep the reports you want to use on a regular basis. Their help desk people are amazing and respond quickly with solutions. They are not hesitant to bring in other help desk employees if the answer is outside of their knowledge base.

Cons

Because the program is so rich in features, sometimes you need to use the 'Help' features to learn how to do something new, or refresh yourself. The 'Help' feature leaves a lot to be desired. When you search a feature, you usually get mostly questions from other users and even if you are very specific on what you are searching for, you often have to dig through a few pages to find your solution.

Carla H.

Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

I have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.

Pros

Definitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.

Cons

Some of the setups for earnings and payroll deductions are not clear.

Tami W.

Best product on the market!

Reviewed on 2014/05/22

This is a great product! The ease of the system goes above and beyond my expectations. I love entering a new hire into the HR piece and everything is ready to go in payroll. There aren't a bunch of screens to go through, you scroll down and enter all information at once. Payroll is a breeze, we import from time and attendance, I'm alerted of warnings and a report of imported hours that may not match how an employee is set up. This is a huge help in correcting errors before the final import. Managing employees is simple, easy to find, update, and employees access their records. You choose what employees see and change, this helps with paper reduction. Last year was our first online benefits enrollment. My HR Specialist was fantastic helping set this up. We had some special rules; they helped me get it setup. Employees use Paycor to find information about benefits, plan details, coverage, contact info, websites, etc. This allows more time to focus on other areas of my job. It takes a little time to get everything entered and uploaded but worth it. The Performance Reviews were a little trickier, some things are required that we don't use, such as weights. You aren't able to pass this step unless something is entered, I'd rather it be optional. I created a rating group and wasn't able to remove it. Our supervisors really like it, there is room for improvement, we'd like employees to upload goals and achievements without having to rate themselves, if they don't do the self review it doesn't appear they can upload their information for the supervisor, but the supervisor is able to upload the information. I just started using the Recruiting section. I'm excited that to move to a paperless system for the supervisors to review resumes. I've only entered a few positions and the biggest drawback is I am not able to copy and paste the job description into Paycor. This makes the process time consuming to retype each one, but I like what I see with the ability to connect applicants to specific positions.
Overall I really like Paycor's system and look forward to the changes and improvements they continue to make. They have a feedback system you can post changes you'd like to see and you are able to vote on what others have entered. Having a different specialist for each part of Paycor is great; the customer service I get from them is outstanding! If you don't use Paycor you are missing out on making your life easier.

Nick B.

Works Great but Seems Difficult to Set Up

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Paycor is an excellent payroll solution overall. Make sure you have your ducks in a row before switching from another payroll program. It helps our employees and the company stay on track with pay checks and benefits tracking. It is filled with features that are easy to access, but not overwhelming. I highly recommend Paycor.

Pros

My company uses this for payroll, and I have never had any problem with it. It always logs me in just fine and navigating both their website and mobile app is very easy and intuitive. It lets you look at pay stubs and gives easy to read breakdowns of deductions and taxes on every stub. It offers a countdown to payday for people who care about that. It is filled with features and the layout is such that everything is accessible, but at the same time not in your face and overwhelming. It really is a well built front end.

Cons

We transitioned to this software from another company, and it was a headache. People lost benefits and time off. People were skipped on Payday. This could have been issues on our end, but it seemed like Paycor did not do much to help out. Other than that there have been no other negative incidents to speak of.

Rhonda W.

Paycor Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

My overall experience has been very good. I will say, however, this year I feel like the customer support has declined.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate. I can usually find my answers to questions on the website

Cons

I have some trouble with reports. I wish they were a little more easy to manage

7.0/10
Marsha K.

MK Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/25

My experience has been a positive one overall. Customer support is easy to work with and quick to respond.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use. The new employee wizard is very helpful making sure you don't forget anything in setting up a new employee.

Cons

If I have to pick one thing, I think it would be that it doesn't have the ability to run some "what if" scenarios easily. I'd like to be able to enter some variables for an employee - 401k deferrals, tax exemptions, etc and see how that affects the net per pay - or for the year.

Tracie L.

Paycor handles it all and saves time and money for our organization!

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Paycor is a one-stop shop with our organization, it manages our time and attendance as well as all our payroll processing and handles all the payroll taxes and filings as well as employee W2's. It is easy to use, they provide exceptional customer service, and it saves time each time you process payroll! It is very cost efficient and allows you to focus on other aspects of your job because they handle it all!

Pros

That it handles all payroll processing tasks, its affordable, and the customer services is phenomenal! They are always ready to assist you and they do so in a timely manner, you don't have to wait around for hours or days, they are ready immediately to handle all your needs no matter what and if they do have to get back with you, it is within a very small window of time usually with in the hour.

Cons

Some of our reporting needs were not addressed, but we have been able to have them create custom reports for us, instead of us being able to create exactly what we needed.

Perfect for when I was a small business owner.

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Pros

I used to use Paycor on a previous company that I owned with a lot of salesmen and technicians. I switched over from trying to manage the payroll on Quickbooks to Paycor and I’m glad I did. Paycor is a simple to use payment software solution to track, schedule, and pay all of your employees. The had a couple problems when I first began and the customer service was very helpful on guiding me to the solutions that I was looking for. We had some employees that were hours and some that were salary. The time stamp feature on this is simple to use and keep track of the hourly employees. It is nice because you can customize user privileges depending on the person. My sales manager needs higher privileges than my normal sales people. You can customize the reports and choose from a multitude of templates for these reports.

Cons

Some of the features and functions are little difficult to grasp right away. I would suggest calling their customer service to make sure you are utilizing everything on the software.

Katherine S.

Physicians Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

I get frustrated with the service. I am a customer who pays you approximately 10K plus a year for service but does not use your tax service because we pay taxes when due and do not want to prepay them early with your service. Because of this representatives have told me they will not answer questions about the tax returns, which you prepare and send to me. I am a paying customer that deserves service and many times the responses I receive are unacceptable. Honestly, it depends on who I am talking to because I have found that I get different answers based on who I speak with. I am not a fan of the support I received at all. I asked paycor to modify the GL report and was told it could not be done. The GL report is a report designed for our company and specific to our company. The answer is incorrect and unacceptable. Any report should be modifiable as it is used for our purposes only.

Pros

user friendly

Cons

I have to go back to manage employees if I forget to modify something and I am already in the paygrid.

Shirley K.

Paycor All in One HRIS

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

We switched from ADP to the Paycor platform 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with the decision to change. It was scary but Paycor was unbelievable through the whole process. We have improve our payroll processing time and accuracy unbelievable. We can run additional payrolls at any time ourselves, add new departments, job titles, etc all with no hidden costs and the immediate access for payroll journal previews make it a great platform. Paycor reporting is super easy to use and the ability to schedule reports to run daily, weekly, monthly is a huge timesaver. We took the leap and implemented carrier connection and Online Open Enrollment last year and couldn't be happier with the results. We also implement Self Service for our employees which our employees greatly appreciated. They now have access to their accounts and can make changes 24/7. Utilizing Paycor has streamlined our processes and improved us overall. We look forward to implementing more Paycor modules. Best of all their upgrades are based off our their customer feedback and suggestions.

Pros

Ease of use and the great customer service.

Cons

None

David D.

If your a business, with a payroll, you will want Paycor!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I have zero complaints, it works well, and I had no troubles with it. When we did switch from it (necessary not a choice) it was easy to move data over and was easily to integrate was on paycor. Very Satisfied!

Pros

It has a simple purpose, hour tracking and benefits information. It is the best in this field and is very simple to understand. Companies of 300-400 employees, and those of 500 to 1000, or more can use this easily and effectively. From a basic employee user perspective it is easy to understand and flexible. There are very few ways to make mistakes that cannot be reversed and its transferable from job to job (company to company).

Cons

Really only does a select few items, and the format is very basic towards those needs. Outside of its specific functions it really doesn't have too many uses. I say that for what it does its perfect, but has LITTLE outside uses.

Kayla B.

Administrative Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

We enjoy the ease of use and accessibility to training options. We enjoy our assigned customer service representatives. They really take the time to know and understand our company.

Accessibility
Ability to integrate with other software

Cons

Occasionally bad customer service representatives.
Limitations with document signing and uploading.
Time software is a little behind compared to other portions of the site.

5.0/10
Megan R.

Seems very extensible

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

If you have an HR rep who is tech-savvy or likes to play around to maximize the product, it seems like there's a ton of functionality available. We just tested out using the online forms and signing acknowledgement forms and it worked really smoothly. There are a lot of widgets the HR people can turn on/off.

Cons

It's hard to tell what's an administrator choice at my company vs what Paycor is out-of-the-box, but it's weird because as a manager, I cannot see my team members' pay rates. Also, if you manage a manager, you cannot adjust timecards for their team members. Some of the interface is also unintuitive to me. For example, when you accept a team member's time-off request, the Calendar view just shows your whole team's time off but not who each one is. There aren't ways to view the calendar differently, so I don't really see a purpose to it at all.

Deidra C.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to check your work, quick payroll turn around time. Entering new employees is easy. Updating automatic payroll deductions make sense and when doing a group of employees for the same deduction, it is easy to update and make changes. When I call in with a problem or question, I always get a live person quickly.

Cons

I wish there was a way that when processing payroll, I could get to a person's time card to check hours more quickly. When I'm in the process of payroll and something doesn't look right or there is a big difference in hours and I'd like to check the hours, there is no easy click to bring up the employees time card. I get out of the processing, go to manage and then the person then the time card. I just wish there was a way to do that process more quickly.