Smartlook Reviews

Smartlook

Qualitative analytics for websites and mobile apps

• Industry: Photography

Learned so much about my online website

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Learning more about my website visitors, what they like, what needs to be optimized, added to, or changed on the website in order to create the best experience for the visitors

Pros

I love that I am able to go through every visitor on my website and see exactly what he or she did. This allows me not only to learn more about what the visitors like the most, but also the things which I need to fix or add. Seeing what costumers do on my website is like viewing my business from their point of view. It is amazing how much I can get out with this software

Cons

The only thing which I disliked was switching from viewing visitors to going back to the list. I feel that the process could be made a little easier if I was able to watch the visitor while also seeing the list of visitors somewhere and be able to switch between them from one same page. However, this is just a minor difficulty for me and I got pretty used to using the platform the way it is.

Response from Cisco

Thank you for your awesome review!

Philip

Smartlook helps me look smart

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Seriously this is a tool you should be using so you know how your website works for your customers, it's all about finding what works and where you may be going wrong. It's cheaper than a consultant and this online consultant works 27/7

Pros

Smartlook is easy to use it helps me see how people interact with my website so I can improve user experience. I have also been able to make contact with customers who have had difficulty placing an order so this software has helped me in more ways than one.. It can also be used a a good anti fraud deterrent also.

Cons

Price I think the price could be lowered to help the smaller business ,you know the one man band who works from home.

Response from Cisco

Thank you for your review!

Giovanni
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for 1+ year

I'm not with a good (or bad) experience, because Smartlook doesn't work in Wix Plataform ='(

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

None, yet ='(

None, yet ='(

Pros

Nothing, yet, because my website was hosted in Wix Platform, and Smartlook doesn't work in this platform. I'm anxious to Smartlook star to work in Wix Platform, for I begin to use him.

Cons

The platform should work in Wix Plataform, for I use it. Please, add this feature <3.

I'm responsable, from my enterprise, to adminstrate website. And Wix Platform also have some problems with Google Analytics. Thus, I would to see Smartlook working in my website.

Response from Cisco

Hi Giovanni,

• Industry: Sports

Agile and easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/11/07

Pros

Compared with other Big tools like Hubspot, Smartlook it's much more agile and easy to use. In particular, I really appreciate the real-time chat that allows to improve the conversion rate for those users who are not sure to get registered on your website. great results with little effort

Cons

Not indicated for complex business that needs to go deeper into the users behavior through the funnel analysis

Moh

Best For Website Tracking

Reviewed on 2022/02/07

Overall I am good to use smart look I am rating is 9 out of 10 on capterra.

Overall I am good to use smart look I am rating is 9 out of 10 on capterra.

Pros

Smartlook help me to increase my website traffic by around 15-20% each month. Why? It is a very good tool to find and view real-time visitors what they are doing on your website and where they are dropping off so that you can fix the point.
Also, smart look is very efficient to create a funnel and segregate traffic by the type of device, country,etc

Cons

There is one problem I have faced while using smart look, sometimes i see for real-time visitors it shows a little late like around 5min late.

Kapil

The best User Experience Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

it helps in understanding website user behavior, tracking the analytics and supporting in Improving the content on the website.

Pros

The Integration is super easy, we can get new information about user behavior every time when we check the tool, it is a good software to analyze, improve and implement the content and services on a Platform (web or app)

Cons

not much, it is good and keep on updating

Lucky Orange

Reasons for Switching to Smartlook

It is's Better UI and fuctionality.
Azad

Really really easy to use and perfect to know how visitors use our store.

Watching how i can make my site better for my visitors

Watching how i can make my site better for my visitors

Pros

That it has a free version of the product. I wouldnt have tried it if it was paid at first. I was one of the first to try this product when it launched.

Cons

That the play button is 0.5x speed. Also that alot of the elements on my site not loading on the recorder. I have cleared cache multiple times and made my friends go on my site, and they always load every file, but for some reason it wont load in the recorder. Most of the time its the image thats not loaded but other images are.

Response from Cisco

Hi Azad,

James
James

Flat out love SmartLook

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

CRO that improved ROI by a minimum of 36%

CRO that improved ROI by a minimum of 36%

Pros

Quick and easy setup. Get to know what you're customers are doing on your website. Track IP/location of site visitors. Tech info i.e. desktop vs mobile.

Cons

There's a minimum API support online. Would like to see better API documentation and flexibility. Also integration with other platforms such as MAS and CRMs. Would love to integrate SmartLook with Marketo, Salesforce, HubSpot, InfusionSoft and the likes.

Response from Cisco

Hi James,

Michael
Michael

Great tool for viewing visitor actions

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

The main goal is to improve the conversion rate. Easy to set up and use. Learning curve on understanding the data. Think it will be a great tool.

Pros

The recordings are a great way to see how a visitor interacts with your site. You can view new or returning visitors. Shows referral source, path through site, device used and even browser. Also location.

Cons

Trying to parse and understand all the data is a bit challenging. Would be nice if there was some kind of automated summaries. Lot of data to digest and interpret.

Response from Cisco

Hi Michael,

We are actively working on some automation ;-)

Thank you very much for your nice review.

Marcel
Marcel

Not impressed

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

I must say I am disappointed.

I must say I am disappointed.

Pros

Solid app for website traffic recording and easy to implement but there are cons with it...

Cons

There are better apps for monitoring website traffic than this one. If you want to end a trial or a month subscription, just be careful to write them that you wish so in advance otherwise they will charge you even if you have removed your payment card in the account settings. It´s a scam and ridiculous - they do NOT have unsubscribe button in account settings. They don´t even bother sending notifications about ending period. Also, if you want to stick to free trial, you should know that with a decent traffic on your website your recording will end very very fast. Futhermore, this app has a good review because they offer you a free 14 days or even a month free in exchange for a great customer review on review sites.

Firoz
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best Tool to Understand Customer Journey!

Reviewed on 2021/11/06

Pros

Smartlook is very easy to integrate in multiple ways and Easy to use.

Cons

I wish Smartlook bring Micro Survey as a new feature which can be a good mix in order to understand customer pain points.

Hotjar and Mouseflow
Cristian

It is the best tool ever

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

There are a tons of tools to track visitors, but watch what they are really doing is amazing. Those insights can change everything and help you to create the best customer experience.

Cons

nothing!! everything is cool. Maybe it would be great if you can gather together all sesion that are similar, so you don't have to spend time looking similar sesion that doesn't help you.

Response from Cisco

Hi Cristian,

Quang Tri
  • Industry: Entertainment

The Best

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

increase your own visitors per pages

increase your own visitors per pages

Pros

I love the Heatmaps section, especially to view DESKTOP and SMARTPHONE maps.
I advice to use this software to understand the section of your website useless.

Cons

Enlarge total storage limit for free account at all websites. It is better araound 1,000 per website.

Response from Cisco

Hi Quang Tri,

Enver

Essential Online Marketing and Customer Experience tool.

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

User Experience Optimization

User Experience Optimization

Pros

It is a great tool to monitor incoming traffic (with sources), and to track their movements on the website in order to improve the user experience on the website. It is a great feedback tool.

Response from Cisco

Hi Enver,

Freedom
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We are solving IT issues, abandoned carts, seeing heat maps. Smartlook should be a piece of software that every company has.

Pros

I absolutely love smart look not only for the amount of features that it packs into it but how good those features are, we generally use it for spotting technical issues or seeing the heat maps but its also allowed us to see the main points at which people abandon carts and although we can see that through GA, Smartlook allows us to see what they are looking at when the do it which helps us to narrow down why they left. All of the other features are phenomenal and I just cant fault the support and everything to do with them 😊

Cons

I had no issues with Smartlook at all 😊

Response from Cisco

Hi Doran,

Alvin
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Trial User for Heatmaps

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

Our main focus was on heatmaps, it was the reason why we implemented it. It give us great insight into our customers behavior and it is nicely visualized in Smartlook.

Cons

It would be nice if there will be some opportunity to download done heatmaps

Hotjar
Luis Eduardo
  • Industry: Veterinary

Smartlook has help us to detect bugs and non returning customers in our process of purchase

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

The perspective of our customers are invaluable to us

The perspective of our customers are invaluable to us

Pros

The quality of the recordings and the ease of installation and use. But above all the insides that give us to improve the quality of our processes

Cons

The number of recordings in the free mode, i think that 2000 instead of 1000 could make a big difference for us

Response from Cisco

Hi Luis,

Bruno
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Simply excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

I can identify the usability issues of my site and fix them.
To this day, we can only say good...

I can identify the usability issues of my site and fix them.
To this day, we can only say good things about Smartlook.
We have to congratulate the team by the excellent tool.

Pros

The customer support for free version was excellent.
They helped me even in the free plan.
Great professionals!

Response from Cisco

Hi Bruno,

Martin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very helpful, I recommend

Reviewed on 2017/07/04

I have mentioned it before, but I have to again emphasize that it is powerful marketing tool and also very important instrument for improving functions of your e-shop.

Pros

The basic version is free (so you can try all important functions for free)
It is very easy to understand how it works
It helps me to improve my internet eshop. I could not see many faults of my eshop without this system.
It is also very powerful marketing tool, you can easily watch the behaviour of your customers (where they come from, what time they spent on particular page, what was the reason why they left your eshop etc.

Response from Cisco

Hi Martin,

CMO at Smartlook

Want to Increase your Website productivity? - If Yes then 1000% Smartlook Help You :)

- User Insights in terms of Interest, Thoughts and Where to convert

- Remove unwanted things by...

- User Insights in terms of Interest, Thoughts and Where to convert

- Remove unwanted things by adding user interest things.

Pros

First of all, I like the way to install and configure - Very Easy Step by Using GTM or Code. Just A Single Code and Get it Done.

Second is Each and Every Second, Review, Insights Interest Showcase in Video Format. Heatmaps is also a great feature.

I am new for now - reviewing in just after 10 min of signup at Smartlook - but I feel I should share my experience as a new user and ofcourse i am exploring it more and will look into it details.

And Yes - It helps me to give a clear understanding about what user looking, searching and react more. So I can get my platform more better in terms of design and options.

Cons

For Now - I am a newbee here. But Ofcourse if there I finf something issue or something i dislike - then i will share to support to make it easier or fruitful for users.

Response from Cisco

Hi,

thank you for your review.
CMO at SMartlook

Tariq

Good tool to check real-time visitors

Reviewed on 2022/09/09

Pros

Smartlook is great that shows in real-time what's exactly user is doing and also it shows the typing data of user in the forms. It also easy to create funnel and track overall process in smartlook.

Cons

The least things about smartlook is that it doesn't show accurate data of cities.

Paula
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Plugin

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

The plugin are very simple to use. Everyone can use on your own blog or website.
Learn about the...

Learn about the behavior of your visitors.

Pros

Great Plugin. Can understand the behavior of the visitor in my website, and make some improvements based on his behavior.
I recommend.

Response from Cisco

Hi Paula,

• Industry: Market Research

Best app for UX testing and & user journey analysis

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Very easy setup, you can see any action of every user so you learn the problems in user journeys. We quickly identified many difficulties during the sign-up process of our customers which would never come to our mind. Really worth to try.

Cons

No important cons found yet. There are limits for the free version, but I can understand they need to offer something more in paid plans.

Response from Cisco

Hi,

Khushbu

Keep an eye on users and improve conversionsq

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

Pros

Smartlook is really helpful to understand the user interaction with the website. It works perfect almost most of the time.

Cons

The tool does not work will when you have additional JS files in the page. Also, makes the page loading speed slower

• Used Daily for Free Trial

useful tool with good number of functions

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

See moments when customer get some bug on our page.

See moments when customer get some bug on our page.

Pros

Easy set up of targets and events on page.
Create data based on history.
Easy UX and design.
Fast answers on our questions.

Cons

Heatmap created without our CSSs :( Another point with heatmap - generated long long time after creation - we have a lot of sessions but heatmap didn't work by few days.

Response from Cisco

Hi,