Showing 119 reviews of 109

• Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Smartlooked for awhile now

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

Smartlook has given time management a new definition. It allows us to save tremendous time and work more efficiently.

Pros

So we've been using Smartlook for some time now and I always thought it was a decent program. Having just gone through an entire tax season with almost every call utilizing this tool, it deserves a second view so to speak. Smartlook allows tech support or agents (in my company) to share screens with their customers. We can see their mouse movements, help them to navigate through the various options and features and troubleshoot errors by literally putting our eyes on it. It works by having the customer provide a code given on the website and this code allows access to their screen through Smartlook. Agents and customers alike have come to rely heavily on Smartlook to help get the support they need and get it in a timely manner. It makes a world of difference when you can see the screen, identify the issue and solve it all at once rather than take precious minutes and hours trying to describe what is going on and another hour trying to describe how to fix it.

Cons

The only thing I can say I least like about this software is that you can only screenshare within the website. Unlike another competition, you cannot screen the customers complete computer screen. If a customer wants to minimize a screen so you can see a document on their computer, for instance, you can't. In my line of work its not a deal breaker at all because the majority of the workflow is within the website.

Response from Smartlook

Thanks for your review!
This review is not related to Smartlook but more to Turbotax.
Please change this,

Chryso S.

Great for UX optimisation

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

We are generally loving so far the functionalities it offers to our team to be able to understand the digital behaviour of our users with our beta tool

Pros

The functionalities it offers, especially when starting as a freemium user. The UX is simple, automatically tracking important events that can be used to set up a funnel, the fast forward option and the highlighted elements you can review, etc.

Cons

We are not using the Heatmap functionality, and we believe there can be an improvement on that feature. We are using a separate provider for that.

Response from Smartlook

Thank you for your feedback and nice words! I will share it with our development team. - Tomas

Colton J.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Smartlook provides a Smart Look at Users

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Smartlook as enabled us to be more knowledgeable about our users, and thus prioritize enhancements that truly benefit the user.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to start getting user insights from your website. Immediately we could see places on our site that could be enhanced because of being able to see our user's pain points more clearly.

Cons

The "Pick an event on page" feature would have been nice to use, but didn't work with our Google Tag Manager implementation.

Sean M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy setup, reporting, and sharing capabilities — even on the free version!

Reviewed on 2020/11/15

Overall, I feel this is a great tool for gaining insight into how users are experiencing websites. Within a few minutes, I can now spot where users get confused and our team can think of ways to encourage action.

Pros

I like that this product makes me look credible to my clients. Many people fear using screen recording because they think it is hard to do, but I can easily set this up and share recordings with my clients in minutes... for free. Also, the ability to set up filters is great; which is also free.

Cons

I do not like that all data is blocked after 1500 monthly visits on the free version — for all websites contained in one account. I would like it better if this number were specific to each website.

Response from Smartlook

Thanks you for your review

Márton P.

The idea to look how our customers use our websites is brilliant. I'm always very excited to...

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

I have spotted out several typos and failures on my site just by looking what my visitors had seen. It provides the best insight as well regarding the customers behaviour, it is not comparable to anything else I was using (google analytics, path recording). I ve discovered a new world with Smartview and can't help spending hours playing back then recordings, and checking what and hiw the visitors were doing.

Cons

On a smartphone the right panel (offering other other recordings if the same visitor ) takes up a considerable amount of space, and it takes too much clicks and precise zoom to hide it. Itwould be better to be able to switch it off from the profile settings, (or simply deactive it for the free package)
Its also a big painpont, that there is no option to filter out the recording from direct (not facebook, google etc), as this info is also not visible on the smartphone listing

Response from Smartlook

Hi Márton,
thank you very much for your review.

We will change Smartlook in future and it will be much more mobile friendly.
You can filter the visitor recordings in the advanced filters. Under Visitor behaviour is the option referer.
Enjoy Smartlook
Lukas Mehnert,

Philip W.

Smartlook helps me look smart

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Seriously this is a tool you should be using so you know how your website works for your customers, it's all about finding what works and where you may be going wrong. It's cheaper than a consultant and this online consultant works 27/7

Pros

Smartlook is easy to use it helps me see how people interact with my website so I can improve user experience. I have also been able to make contact with customers who have had difficulty placing an order so this software has helped me in more ways than one.. It can also be used a a good anti fraud deterrent also.

Cons

Price I think the price could be lowered to help the smaller business ,you know the one man band who works from home.

Response from Smartlook

Thank you for your review!

Madalin B.

I am freelance developer. I am using Smartlook to follow the projects for which I am bidding.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Reliable clients and cost-effective projects.
It is very simple to guess what the customer is looking at and how adapted is the interface to customer requirements and experience. This way I get to focus on important projects and push the right price.

Pros

Cons

I often use canvas and iframes. I know it's a security rule but I need a minimum information about that content.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Madalin,

James T.

Flat out love SmartLook

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

CRO that improved ROI by a minimum of 36%

Pros

Quick and easy setup. Get to know what you're customers are doing on your website. Track IP/location of site visitors. Tech info i.e. desktop vs mobile.

Cons

There's a minimum API support online. Would like to see better API documentation and flexibility. Also integration with other platforms such as MAS and CRMs. Would love to integrate SmartLook with Marketo, Salesforce, HubSpot, InfusionSoft and the likes.

Response from Smartlook

Hi James,

Luis eduardo R.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Smartlook has help us to detect bugs and non returning customers in our process of purchase

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

The perspective of our customers are invaluable to us

Pros

The quality of the recordings and the ease of installation and use. But above all the insides that give us to improve the quality of our processes

Cons

The number of recordings in the free mode, i think that 2000 instead of 1000 could make a big difference for us

Response from Smartlook

Hi Luis,

Lukas D.

It's simple & easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

I can see my website through the customer's eyes which it's really useful for revealing of mistakes and find what to improve!

Pros

Like a web designer I was looking for this simple, but useful tool for a years! Makes it easy for you to understand your website visitor's behavior for FREE. Their new Heatmaps are also very simple and easy to use, even for mobile devices and tablets.

Cons

There is a lot of recordings on my website, so it would be nice to have some of them recommended by system.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Lukas,

Bruno S.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Simply excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

I can identify the usability issues of my site and fix them.
To this day, we can only say good things about Smartlook.
We have to congratulate the team by the excellent tool.

Pros

The customer support for free version was excellent.
They helped me even in the free plan.
Great professionals!

Response from Smartlook

Hi Bruno,

Frédéric G.

It's amazingly simple to use, both on my website and for using the information gathered

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

- 5 minutes to create the account and have the few lines of code to add to my website
- Integration on my site
- Voilà
Marvelous simplicity & efficiency

I can watch how users are acting with my website for User support, site & UX optimization. Just speaking of this, it worth it

Cons

I would love to have a world map of all the users connections.
Frankly, it's already more than great.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Frédéric,

Michael R.

Great tool for viewing visitor actions

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

The main goal is to improve the conversion rate. Easy to set up and use. Learning curve on understanding the data. Think it will be a great tool.

Pros

The recordings are a great way to see how a visitor interacts with your site. You can view new or returning visitors. Shows referral source, path through site, device used and even browser. Also location.

Cons

Trying to parse and understand all the data is a bit challenging. Would be nice if there was some kind of automated summaries. Lot of data to digest and interpret.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Michael,

We are actively working on some automation ;-)

Thank you very much for your nice review.

Jose A.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

amazing program, easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

ideal to make modifications in the web and thus to have more and better traffic of quality

Pros

Very good program that controls the accesses and what clients look for the ideal web to make modifications in the same and to have more and better traffic of quality

Cons

very good program but does not give the data in real time given that the recordings take time and does not take 100% of the users

Response from Smartlook

Hi Jose,

Artem V.

Great web visor

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

So far I'm glad that I've chosen smartlook

Pros

It's recording regular sessions as well as webview and even some sessions with adblock installed, and that's great

Cons

Not so transparent UX and workflow if I have both web and native mobile product. Doesn't have custom plan calculator or configurator.

Roberto B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great tool to understando the visitor's behaviour

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Love watching how people interact with my website, specially when thay take some tome over some explanatory text

Cons

Sometimes the video doesn't capture the image with precision . There are some frames that apear to be only a blank screen

Response from Smartlook

Hi Roberto,

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Solid tool with good insights

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Really good tool to use that gives good insights - does what it does well

Pros

Great session recordings feature- allows for segmentation and rage clicks. In addition it allows UID to be passed to the Smartlook app and gives total number of events and pages. VERY good segmentation and ability to isolate recordings and share recordings. Easy to set up funnel tracking with custom events/URL's etc - good visualisation and linking to falloff recordings etc.

Cons

Really missing AB test and Form Analysis functionality. Will be a great tool when that is added. Heatmaps also does not show % clicks on map, so missing some crucial analytical data

Alexandra K.

Very usefule tool if you want to adjust your site for your customers needs/wants.

Reviewed on 2017/09/03

It made us recive the information needed to adjust the site after the customers needs. Also we could seehow appealing different banner design were.

Pros

After changing the look of your website it is extremly important to see how your customers deal with the changes you implemented. That where a tool like smartlooks comes more then handy. Seeing your site true the eyes of your customers is pure gold.

It is easy so be set up, fun and usefule to watch the recordings.

Cons

I would love to be able to monitor the site from my phone anytime and anywhere. Otherwise it is just what we needed.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Alexandra,
Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

This is what SaaS should always be like

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

A fantastic free tier with tonnes of features is available through smartlook. For small companies this is a godsend

Cons

Honestly nothing to dislike here except maybe the logo is a but rubbish? In terms of functionality it's amazing

Response from Smartlook

Hi,
thank you for your Review!
I will think about your your cons(Logo).

Waqas N.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Smartlook smartly take care of your website

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

One if the great thing i like about samrtlook is it helps you in monitoring what your visitor is doing on your website in very simple way that helps you in corecting your mistakes on your website too

Cons

Smartlook is very good but they had given very low data for free trial user so please increase some data in it

Response from Smartlook

Hi Waqas,
thanks for your review.

CMo at Smartlook

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

nice piece of kit

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

we trialled the free version and then moved to paid subscription, awesome bit of kit

Cons

limited options of trial version but worth subscribing too

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Food Production

great job!

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Pros

Easy use! Really! The team was able to improve the site by reviewing the errors of this service.

Cons

Ability to disable auto-renewal. In this regard, I forgot to write a ticket to the support service and accidentally paid for the next month :(
Money is not refundable due to politics.

Response from Smartlook

Thanks you for your review

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Very Good!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Software easy and very useful. Assists in generating customer information and checking for site errors and problems.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Daniel,

Martin M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

Pros

Easy to use and great for web/UX updates!

Cons

There were a couple of flaws due to which we had to contact customer support for a few times.

Katty G.

Very useful for UI design

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

This software gets me the opportunity to check my websites with user's eyes, with Smartlook I can understand how my users navigate the website I design.

Response from Smartlook

Hi Katty,