Time To Pet Reviews

Time To Pet

Web-based software for pet sitting & dog walking businesses.

Mack
Mack
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Amazing! I have nothing but good things to say about TTP and the top-notch support they...

Reviewed on 2017/10/08

Let's see...

Let's see...
Easier billing - we now require clients to leave a card on file to automatically process payments.
Easier scheduling - finally a good way to track incoming requests, mark available/unavailable, and never miss a beat! And it's easy for our customers to manage their pet's info and update us as things change. No more fragmented info/data that's split between email, text, etc.
Ultimately has saved us countless hours because it's now the foundation for our business and our clients know exactly where to find us and how to request service!

Pros

It's the best modern-day solution for keeping track of client/pet info, handling billing, tracking service requests, and more. What I like most is it's interactive and it provides our customers with their very own customer portal, making scheduling a breeze (now if only I could convince ALL of our baby boomers to use it, that's the trick). That said, the feedback from our customers has been nothing but positive over the past 2 years and they love the mobile app.

Note: We switched from a competitor's system that we had been using from 2010-2015 (their software was archaic and dreadful to use - TTP is a delightful breeze in comparison). It was the best move we could've made.

Cons

There's nothing that I "dislike" about this software. But, if forced to choose, I'd say the mobile app needs a minor update - nothing major and I already reached out to their support team and, as in the past, I know they're giving it attention . Which is another one of my favorite things about this software...their support is incredible!

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great review Mack!

Rebecca

Best Professional Petsitting Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

My business could not have grown the way it has without scheduling errors over the past year without Time To Pet keeping me organized, productive, and efficient. It instills confidence in my clients that their cat will be visited without fail and well cared for.

Pros

The best things about Time To Pet are that it was easy to purchase, learn how to use, and integrate into my existing business structure, in other words, accessibility. The value of TTP to my business is priceless. I can't imagine how my business would have been successful without it. It's customizable, relatively easy to learn and use, and secure. Customer service is reliable, prompt, and courteous. I love Time To Pet!

Cons

It is sometimes a challenge to remember where to find certain functions within the software, because it is so functionality-heavy, which is a good thing, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for your support!

Too expensive for Large Teams

Reviewed on 2023/01/12

Originally enjoyed using it. It's been a gradual decline. Hopefully they resolve issues and lower pricing.

Pros

- gps tracking - client tags - DOC tab under client profiles for photo and video references for walkers

Cons

it can be glitche from saving schedule changes, to uploading photos, to GPS deciding if it wants to work and customer service. tech issues are seen more with android users too. Overall, it doesn't seem worth the issues for over $100 a month.

Leah

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

Time to pet has all the features we were looking for. We could not run our business as effectively with our Time To Pet.

Cons

I have No negatives regarding Time To Pet

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate your support Leah!

Kasia

Best Software for Pet Pros

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Pros

Time to Pet's staff and client portal are extremely intuitive and easy to use. The Autopay setting has been an absolute game-changer. Being able to add and edit client profile questions has been very helpful.

Cons

Time to Pet is constantly improving and making changes that meet the needs and demands of small and large pet-sitting companies. If I had to name one thing that could improve, it would be the admin dashboard. There are far too many categories / menu options and finding the setting that you need to adjust can be tricky and time-consuming.

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

Time to Pet's admin dashboard was much more attractive than its competitors. Its competitors struggle with simplistic, clunky apps whereas TTP has invested in better app development. It's clear that Time to Pet is constantly improving, while its competitors are stagnant and not responding to the needs of their customers in the same way as TTP has.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great review!

Rebecca
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Highly recommend for pet care providers

Reviewed on 2022/01/14

Pros

TTP is very easy to use, especially for my clients. It is customizable so I can add my logo and business colors to it and there is SO much to customize but they also help by giving you templates too. It has helped me stay organize and there is a free downloadable app too. TTP still updates their software to keep up with the times and they truly listen to feedback.

Cons

Only con is the extra price per employee, I am happy I don't have too many employees but I am still growing and wish to add more & more so when I get further in business I am worried about the cost.

PetPocketbook

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

I really liked there free app which was easy for all my clients to download and use. TTP also offered more customization options and to me seemed easier to navigate.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great review!

Cindy
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Time to Pet is the best professional pet sitting software available!

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

Time to Pet is incredibly accurate and easy to use. It makes my company look good to my clients. Many of my clients have told me that the report cards and the ability for me to post pictures and status of their pets has really put their minds at ease and looks very professional. Time to Pet is robust and secure and the customer support is prompt and very helpful. I truly feel that Time to Pet makes my company stand out above the rest of the pet sitting pack! I highly recommend it!

Cons

I pretty much love everything about Time to Pet!

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the review - we appreciate it!

Teresa

Available for users 24/7

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

It has been a great software to use for scheduling and housing my client information. The clients love the App as do the users.

Pros

I love that it is online. I have used a software in the past that was desk-top only. I now have the ability to access my company schedule, communicate with users and clients real time. It has saved me countless hours of time and productivity.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like about TTP.

Pet Sitter Plus

Reasons for Choosing Time To Pet

Petrax was stand alone and I needed an online tool like TTP

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

Ease of use and the terrific customer service by the owners and their team.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great feedback - we appreciate it!

Tony
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Flexible software and robust features

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Time to Pet has been a fantastic addition to our business operations, improving the staff and customer experience so much that it has been one of the most valuable business decisions made in our 19 years in the industry.

Pros

The ease and speed of use for our customers and the office staff is unmatched.

Cons

The software has so many features which make it flexible to set up for different ways of running your business but this leaves some features needing more development and others which are overdeveloped and never used. Reporting can be improved and simplified as could the mass emailer.

Pet Sitter Plus and Scout

Reasons for Choosing Time To Pet

Our system was slowing down, needed updates, and was falling behind with its technology and features.

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

It has all the features we needed with good UX for customers and staff.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Hi Tony - thanks for the review. We appreciate it!

Kathryn
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Pet care with Time to Pet

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Time to Pet allows my employees easy access to my client's pets information. Instead of sending everyone tedious and boring notes, they can send them cute photos of their pets and only have to send text if there is an issue. It's easier on everyone's side.

Pros

Time to Pet is very user friendly, and expandable. They also have stellar customer support.

Cons

I'm not super tech savvy, so I have probably had to contact customer service more often than the average user. I researched several software systems before I made my decision. Time to Pet was the most expensive, but it was also the most user friendly and had the best tech support.

Precise Petcare

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

LeashTime's app didn't have good reviews at the time, Precise Petcare wasn't user friendly, PetSitClick's initiation meeting was a disaster.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the review - we appreciate it!

Grace

Great features/Can be overwhelming

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Time To Pet provides excellent support and they continually upgrade the platform based on a roadmap of suggestions from users. Though it is highly functional, we could not overcome the communication difficulties and switched to a different software.

Pros

We loved the ease with which we could communicate with our clients. Everything looks professional; bulk email is integrated into the software.

Cons

The messaging function allows for three way communication between staff, clients and the office. It is difficult to filter these messages in a useful way and so we found ourselves overwhelmed by volume and frequently we missed messages leading us to miss visits.

Mary
  • Industry: Veterinary

Can't say enough good things about Time to Pet!

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall extremely satisfied. Time to Pet makes it SO much easier to run my business.

Pros

I love the ease of use, this is our hub for everything we do, and it is customizable to the specifics of our business.

Cons

I would love it if we could more extensively customize the scheduler section on the client's side. We would like to add specific questions for the clients to answer or check boxes off for the services they are requesting.

Precise Petcare

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

Easier to use, stays up to date, aesthetically pleasing, app and website, synchronizes with google calendar.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great feedback - we appreciate it!

Amy
  • Industry: Veterinary

Stop hesitating and help yourself and your business!

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Pros

Time To Pet has really changed how we do business...all for the better! Their customer service is far above and beyond everyone else. I really don't know what we'd do without them! Our clients love using Time To Pet too!

Cons

There really isn't anything we don't care for actually. If we see something we'd like change, we contact customer service, and more than likely, they're already working on a fix!

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate it!

Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Highly recommend Time To Pet for pet care business owners!

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

I’ve had an overall great experience and my business is now much more organized snd efficient.

Pros

This software was easy to implement when we decided to start using it, it’s user friendly for our clients, the customer service is incredible and it keeps my business so organized. I couldn’t operate my business without it and it’s the best value out there in my opinion.

Cons

The only tough part is paying monthly for all the users but that’s because I’m a small business . It’s well worth the money for what you’re getting.

Pet Sitter Plus and Kennel Connection

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

Great reviews and friendly helpful staff during the trial period. Loved it immediately!

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Mandi
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Best I've found!

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

It took sometime to get to know and understand the software, but after time and slowly easing into it - we are thrilled to have it.

Pros

The software makes running your own business fool proof in a sense. If I forget to schedule something the client can see that on their end so we ensure that nothing gets lost in translation. I love how user friendly the software is and how many functions you are able to utilize.

Cons

It's dependent on wifi signals and sometimes that can be a challenge depending on where you are located when trying to complete a visit.

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

It was easier and more functional. Plus tons of help navigating and trouble shooting.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great review - we appreciate it!

Dorian
  • Industry: Veterinary

The best software for pet services!

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

TTP has made running out business a breeze and also help manage our growth.

TTP has made running out business a breeze and also help manage our growth.

Pros

It has a robust and constantly improving feature set of basic and advanced abilities.

Cons

It’s a little complex on the UI design.

Reasons for Switching to Time To Pet

More features and granularity in its settings.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your support!

Jennifer

The BEST software for Pet Care Professionals

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I LOVE the Time To Pet software and their team. They are such a great company and are always striving to make their software more user friendly for their clients and for their client's clients. It is the best pet sitting software out there, I believe. It has really helped me grow my business operation in a professional manner while their pet sitting reports complete with GPS, time tracking, photos, notes, and checklists on each pet help give our clients the peace of mind they deserve when they are traveling and away from their pets and home.

Pros

Time To Pet has a robust online help menu that takes you step by step which really shortens your learning curve as a user. And if the help menu doesn't offer you an answer, Time To Pet's support team is super responsive and will go above and beyond to help you find a workable solution. Their team really listens to their client's feedback and constantly innovates their software to better meet our needs. All in all the Time To Pet platform streamlines processes and helps my business run smoothly so I can spend more time in the field caring for our pets or managing my team and less time in the office as an administrator. They have really automated a lot of processes like invoicing, for instance, to make it fast, easy and accurate. I also love how Time To Pet allows you to template weekly recurring services for clients to help save them and you time.

Cons

I believe there is still room for improvement on the scheduling side of the software. Visually the calendar can be overwhelming and complex/time consuming to manage when you grow your business and have lots of teammates in the field and multiple service areas. And I believe the scheduler on the client side can be a bit complex and confusing for them. It is not always easy and intuitive for our clients to build their own pet sitting service requests when they are looking for different visit durations across 3 or 4 daily service windows. The clients who are comfortable with technology can usually get it but some really struggle with it so we just have them message us through the software what they need and then we build the service contract for them.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate it!

• Industry: Consumer Services

After 9 years- we finally have software that makes our jobs SO much easier! Clients love it,...

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

This software quite literally saves me hours of work each week and has allowed my business to grow rapidly. It also makes our company look more professional and polished. And it has eliminated billing mistakes as well as payroll errors since both are based on the actual schedule of services performed. I'm a pet person- not an accountant! Time To Pet allows me to focus on what I love to do.

Pros

Where do I start? I am obsessed with this product. We tried several along the way and thankfully found Time To Pet. The customer representatives have been beyond speedy and helpful from the set up process to adding features along the way. They truly have thought of every detail that both the clients , the sitters/ walkers and managers need to provide the best possible pet care. Hours we used to spend billing clients are now just minutes. Payroll is also a breeze now! Our walkers have an app to use on their side of things and have all of the latest info in real time at their fingertips including schedule changes, client notes and directions. They can also view their schedules and pay stubs right in the software! Our clients LOVE the clean and easy to follow client portal and the new phone app is a huge hit with them, too. As a manager, my time can now be spent on building business as well as running an organized company with MUCH less effort than before we migrated to Time To Pet. Lastly I love that we have TOTAL control of all the wording, branding and colors that our clients see when using the software. Our company started in 2007 and we currently manage 26 walkers and over 200 clients with the help of this product. Trust me when I say we have tried it all. And after two years with this software I can't imagine how we survived without it!!! You can tell a dog walker helped to create it- it's absolutely perfect for our pet care needs.

Cons

We would love to see an admin phone app for the managers, but I know they are working on that!

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the feedback Beth!

TAMMY
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great software with excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Pros

I love this software. I've been a sole proprietor for 21 yrs (no employees/sub conractors) & have tried software on the past, but didn't like it. It actually made more work for me. I decided I needed to finally get away from doing everything by hand. I actually stilldid all of my scheduling & accounting by hand. I researched multiple sitter software & decided on TTP. It was recommended by other sitters, was affordable & seemed to fit my business best.

The free total trial was very useful. I decided to keep using it & am very glad I did. It saves me a lot of time & I can't imagine not using it.

There was a bit of a learning curve because the software is so customizable. But there is a great help section built in & customer service is excellent. They get back to you very quickly, answer throughly & even offer free 1 on 1 video conference tutorials. This was particularly helpful in the beginning. They even put together a detailed implementation plan.

I love the scheduling the most. It's easy to view & use. It's simple to move a client's time slot, adjust the type of visit, delete/add additional visits, etc.

Client, pet & household details are great as well. I have mine customized for all the info I use. Plenty of room to organize all of the details in easy to find areas. I have quite a lot of details for each client & pet.

Invoicing is great as well. I don't use the other features, but there is plenty more available.

I highly recommend Time To Pet.

Cons

The only complaint is that it takes some time to learn the software because it's so detailed & customizable. But it's well worth it & easy to use once you learn.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate it!

Beth

Easy to learn, easy to use, and updates every few weeks in response to user feedback!

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

It keeps us running smoothly with very little office support needed!

It keeps us running smoothly with very little office support needed!

Pros

It is VERY customizable and allows users to create profile questions and fields, and determine which are mandatory for new clients to answer. Searching and pulling reports is very easy, and our pet sitters love having access to all of their clients on the app, which is amazing! The conversation feature is great as well, and allows us in the office to be included in conversations between pet sitters and clients, and chime in where needed. Can easily see where keys are located, and even has fun features like pet birthday reports, so we can reach out to clients to wish their pets happy birthday. Many clients choose to keep their credit card on file, and running charges is quick and easy.

Cons

Once you set up a template, you can bulk edit most of the details in it, except for the frequency. For example, if someone gets walks Mondays and Wednesdays, and decides to add Tuesdays, I can't open the original template and just check "Tuesday" to add it to the template. I have to create a new service for just that one day. I don't like that I can't require credit cards on file for just NEW clients, it's either all clients or none.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great feedback Beth - we appreciate it!

Tony

Time to Buy!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/11/29

Time to Pet (TtP) has changed my business and given me so much time back from tedious tasks like billing and scheduling. What used to take me hours a day, I can now do in one hour. My half day billing debacle is now done in less than an hour. And these are just the basics. Things like a detailed key log, bulk editing, messaging that can be filtered by several criteria, being able to monitor messages to and from clients and about two dozen other things make this the best pet software I've seen on the market.

Kyle and Mike are fantastic and are quick to respond to any emails. They take my needs into consideration when making improvements to the system. And most of all they seem to have a genuine passion for their business and helping other pet businesses grow.

When I started with TtP we had about 100 clients. In the 18 months since I signed up, we have over 200 clients. While TtP didn't directly bring these clients to our business, I can give them credit for the time they've given back to me, which has in turn allowed me to focus on growth.

The cost is low enough that this system works great even for individuals with 10 or fewer clients. For a larger company like ours it's worth every penny. I can't say enough about TtP and I urge anyone mulling over options to try them out first. You won't be disappointed!

Pros

Very user friendly, total end to end service.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the feedback, Tony!

Lacy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best pet sitting software on the market

Reviewed on 2021/06/13

Overall I’ve had an amazing experience. Prompt costumer service. I couldn’t run my company without it.

Pros

I love how easy and user friendly the software is. They constantly make updates to make users life easier.

Cons

I wish they would add the feature to add different rates for different type of pets (ex; $4 dogs/$2 cats) That’s the biggest irritation of mine. Seems like it would be a given for a pet sitting software.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great review - we appreciate the support!

Tamara
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Can't do business without this software

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Time To Pet documentation through notes, communication and photos while on the job is invaluable. So many times, I have been saved by being able to quickly look up client communication. It is almost impossible for me to miss visits. If a backup sitter is assigned, I can see if the visits are being done in real time. I simply couldn't operate without it now.

Pros

Product is easy to use, affordable and customer service is the best. My clients love the added benefit of being able to book jobs online and pay online. Until you have actually used it, you cannot imagine all the benefits it will give you. It has streamlined my business in unimaginable ways.

Cons

If you are not set up on any online system, it may take some time to integrate all the information you have on a large client list. Every minute is worth it, though.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate the support!

Ashley
  • Industry: Veterinary

Time to Pet has changed the way I do business, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Invoicing, scheduling and customer interface.

Invoicing, scheduling and customer interface.

Pros

The schedule is extremely easy to use and lets me keep track of my pet sitters including GPS tracking them, reading their updates to our pet parents and making sure they arrive at their visits on time. Our clients love that they can log in and book services online, they also love the app that was recently released for them! The invoicing feature is also a must for any small business! Time to Pet gives me the software of a large business for my small business at an affordable price.

Cons

I really love everything about Time to Pet has and the software is constantly being updated and changed to better fit our needs. This is the first software program where I feel like they not only understand the software side of the business but also the pet sitting side. There isn't anything I like least about the software but I know if there were my ideas would be heard and listened to by the team at Time to Pet.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate it!

Lee
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The Best Pet Sitting Software!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I started using Time To Pet in October 2015 after using 1 of the original pet sitting software's that came recommended by Pet Sitters International for about a year. I was frustrated with the limitations and the lack of customer support form that software so I started testing several other software's that were on the market. Time To Pet was hands down the BEST! The tutorials were helpful, the support team were great at explaining things and not making me feel dumb if I didn't get it at first and the facebook group is also awesome to get tips and tricks from on using the software. I love how customizable everything is. The mobile app is great so all my staff can check off visits being completed and if there is a schedule change they get it right away. Love that I can invoice my clients and they can pay from the invoice. It took time to learn but every thing is so efficient with Time To Pet, switching was the best thing I did for my business in 2015.

Pros

The mobile app and the invoicing

Cons

I would like the schedule to be in time blocks for my contractors but they all understand if it says 1:00pm they have from 1:00pm - 3:00pm to get the assignment done.

Response from Sweet Spearmint Software

Thank you for your feedback Lee - we appreciate it!