Pet Sitter Plus

Wed based software for dog walking & pet sitting businesses

4,9
4,8
4,7
4,6
4,9
Luz G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Pet Sitter Plus is Top Notch for us!

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I am extremely please with Pet Sitter Plus, the software, and with the people behind the scenes that run it.
I have had nothing but positive experiences with both, that surpass my wildest expectations! I can truly not imagine doing without it. Acquiring it has been the best business decision I have made for my small, yet growing, business. I have complete confidence that they will be alongside me, as I grow and expand.
Lastly, their rates are very fair and reasonable! They are worth every penny of my investment in them!

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus has been a definite plus for my small business! It is an extremely robust software that does more than I ever imagined or expected. Scheduling is a breeze and it allows me to have peace of mind.
I am able to review schedules by the Day, the Week or the Month, and to catch any potential mistakes ahead of time. My Independent Contractors and office assistants are delighted and very impressed with all of the software's capabilities. The contractors are very pleased to see their future jobs clearly scheduled in the system. They also like being able to view their commissions for each and every service that they're scheduled for. Calculating their commissions due for each pay period is so easy now.
It literally takes seconds to view all the commissions at once. No more tedious, manual calculations.
What a boom! Another critical feature, that helps me a great deal, is the staff's ability to check off their unavailable dates on the system's "Request Holiday." With the click of a button, I can easily view who is available at any given date.
My Pet Sitter Plus trainer, Becky Eberly, is extremely knowledgeable in the software and she has also been a pet business owner herself. She is personable, courteous, and entirely professional! I appreciate her quick replies to my many inquiries, as well as her help whenever I reach out to her. From my perspective, it seems to me like she drop everything else, to tend to my requests. She is an angel!

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Pet Sitter Plus. I have had nothing but positive experiences with it. I haven't yet implemented all of its features, so I'm not fully versed in all of its capabilities, though. This has nothing to do with anything lacking from Pet Sitter Plus or my trainer.
I have just been taking my time to implement features at my own timing, which is something that I also appreciate. Nobody is pushing me to use all of the available features, but they're always there to work with me at my own pace. I really appreciate that!

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much Luz for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this superb review and that you love Pet Sitter Plus! We will continue to be there to support you as you business grows and develops.

Lucy D.
Industry: Utilities

5 Star Petsitting Software!

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

I've streamlined everything through PSP so everything runs through the software (bookings, invoices, wages, client data, email templates). This has made my life a lot easier and I've had more time to grow the business.
I'm really excited about using the new features PSP will be offering in the future!

Pros

PSP is very easy to use. I found the initial training sessions over the phone very helpful. The customer support team are always available when you need help with any of the features.
Using PSP has saved me so much admin time. Before using PSP I duplicated a lot of my work and at times i was working on admin late at night to get everything done. PSP condenses everything and I like how the client is in charge of their booking and everything is in the one place. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been my main point of contact and she's been a wonderful help!

Cons

Transferring existing client data to the PSP database was quite a time consuming process but that had nothing to do with PSP...that was more to do with my previous data storage system. So i had to do a lot of data entry to set things up.

Response from Pet Software

This is a wonderful review Lucy. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this review. We have also been delighted to welcome your sister to the business too!

Patty M.

5 Stars!!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

My favorite thing about Pet Sitter Plus is the personal customer service you get for free! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a Rock Star Professional who will meet with you online anytime you need help!!

Pros

It's very easy to use and gives professional results! The Help tool gives you all the answers. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my favorite part. I get her professional help anytime I need it!

Cons

Little hard when they did the update, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome in training and is available to help me any time I need it!

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Patty very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years so it is really fantastic that you feel that we continue to support you well.

Ericka M.
Industry: Veterinary

Was not customizable to suit my business.

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

It was very informative and gave me ideas on intake forms and the setting up of my online appointments, payments etc.

Pros

That it was user friendly and had pre made client intake forms.

Cons

Although it helped that they had the software set up to help give you a boost. The software couldn’t be changed to fit with the needs of my business. It just focused on just pet Sitting I was unable to incorporate the Grooming services I provide to clients online.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Tim S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Well Designed & Documented, Customizable, Total Software Solution for Your Pet-Sitting Business!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/22

My wife and I are SO encouraged to have all of her client information, dog information and schedules transferred from calendars, notebooks and Post-It notes!!! We couldn't be more pleased with our choice of Pet Sitter Plus!

Pros

As an eCommerce professional with over 20 years of progressive experience working in Internet technology, I have worked with more software solutions for various tasks than I can begin to count. Some well designed and documented. Some not. Having just completed several training sessions with my PSP Software Coach, and having nearly finished configuring and customizing the software for my wife's dog walking and pet sitting company, Two Tails Up, LLC, I can't over state how impressed I have been with how well designed and thought out this software solution is for pet businesses! It is very obvious by all the features and capabilities of this software that the founders of Pet Sitter Plus had their own pet sitting business prior to launching this company. This is a total solution ... client records, dog records, scheduling, invoicing, client portal, reports, credit/debit card or ACH transfer transactions, email templates, staff communications and compensation ... its all here! My wife and I are SO glad we chose this software for our new business!

Cons

Because this software is so full-featured and customizable, learning how to use it is not for the faint of heart! Fortunately, I am a very analytical guy, so between coach's excellent training and thorough documentation I did fine configuring the software and adding all of my wife's clients and dogs, as well as their schedules. Those not analytically inclined need to go into this being patient with themselves, trusting that they can count on their software coach to guide them through the entire process.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much for this fantastic review Tim. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this superb review and that you love Pet Sitter Plus! We will continue to be there to support you as you business grows and develops.

Genevieve B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Incredible Support

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/04/02

I am a sole trader in Dog Training and Behaviour. I used to have to write out my invoices by hand, had a personal address book for my clients and was stuffed if I didn't have a client's details on me when I was travelling because I couldn't access them easily. Not only does PSP fix all of these issues (invoices automatically, easy client look up, access via mobile) they offer incredible, friendly and prompt customer service when needed. They also were happy to save my details for later when I needed to take a step back for monetary reasons during the COVID crisis, even though I wanted to continue with the product when my business was back up and running. (Did not hold me for ransom!)

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is extremely user friendly, and the few things I got stuck on I know I would have support with in no time!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't encountered anything I disliked about the software. It has features I do not need or use but they are easy to switch off!

Response from Pet Software

Dear Genevieve,

This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you during the Covid-19 crisis. We really appreciate this review.

Nick O.

Just what I needed

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

Fantastic experience with PSP!
Free trial - excellent option to spend time figuring out if the system is for you.

The customer service support you get is second to none!
Very quick to help you, very patient, friendly & understanding.
Can’t rate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] CS high enough!

Pros

There are a few Pros to this software.
The diary/planner.
The email templates are so so useful!
The invoicing side of things is a breeze.

Cons

I don’t know how possible it is but automation for other payment services than Stripe would be great.
Also, a ‘Birthday report’ in the same way there’s a ‘vaccination report’.
Payment services such as PayPal and bank transfer.
It’s rather complicated to use. Could be more user friendly but like with anything, it gets easier the more time you spend with it.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about additional features. I am happy to say that most of the features you require is on the short term development list, and we will be in touch with you directly about PayPal as this is available to you to use.

Hayley C.
Industry: Accounting

Made life much easier

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Pros

There so many handy features. It's made my time spent on the admin side of my business much less and I couldn't be without pet sitters plus now

Cons

If I was to be very picky I would like to be able to block out days that I'm away so that clients are unable to book them days.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about additional features. I am happy to say that the features you require are on the development list.

Jessica S.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Changed our business!!!

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Better than I ever imagined

Pros

This system changes our business to the extent that we have doubled our income every year since using it. I saved money on admin costs for staff as everything is much quicker using this system and we have far less complaints everything runs so much smoother now. Our business has really grown and i do put a lot of it down to this system.

Cons

The hardest part is the initial set up but if you are like me I enjoyed it! Lots of data entry and a little bit overwhelming at the beginning but the team train you through it and really put you at ease!

Response from Pet Software

Hi Jessica,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years so it is really fantastic that you feel that we continue to support you well.

Brandy E.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

Oh where to begin!?... This software makes it incredibly easy to write a schedule for pet sitters and for clients. The option to run repeat services saves so much time! And you can store all client and employee information in one place. Clients and employees have access to a portal to see all of their information and scheduled services. The employees can use a feedback portal to send messages and pictures instantly via e-mail to the client so they have peace of mind knowing their pets have been cared for while they are on vacation or at work. It keeps track of invoicing for clients and jobs/hours worked for employees. Invoicing and payroll take only minutes! There are so many more wonderful things, but this review could go on and on. My life, and my business, became better the moment I began to integrate this software!

Cons

It is customizable, but only to a certain degree. It can be a lengthy process to get everything set up, and it may not be exactly the way you would like it to be. I would also wish for reports to be a bit more customizable. But it all flows regardless!

Response from Pet Software

This is a wonderful review Brandy. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software.

Niki S.

The foundation of my businesses success is directly related to this phenomenal software program

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

It is the driving force of my business success and I know I wouldn't be thriving nearly to the level I am without it!

Pros

It takes care of needs I don't even know I have! It keeps track of every single detail related to every single aspect of my small but growing pet sitting company. I am small but plan to grow and I know PSP has the capability to grow with me. Billing, invoicing, and scheduling are a breeze and the GPS check in/out features are a major marketing tool for me in that I'm the only one in my area offering this type of service. I'm using the features of the software to enable me to standout and set me apart and it is working. I have turned away 9 potential client's in the last 2 days but this will not last for long as I've begun the process of hiring my first team member! Last but definitely not least is that I never feel alone in ANYTHING I do. The supports staff have provided PHENOMENAL customer support time and time again and have addressed every single question or concern (and there have been many) often the same day if not within 24 hours. I can not say enough about the customer support this company provides. It is everything I was looking for as someone brand new to the pet sitting industry.

Cons

It is so functional and has SO many features that it takes time to learn and with 10-12 walks/visits each day I am struggling to find time...BUT as I stated above, once I have hired staff, I will have and plan to use some of that time to put more of this powerful software to use and drive my business even further, faster, better and rise above my competitors. I honestly don't think there is anything it can't do!

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much Niki for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you and we hope to for many years to come. We really appreciate this review.

Laura S.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

We could not run our business without this great bit of software...

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

We would not be able to run our business without this software, it allows us the time and freedom to get on with other things and develop further our services.

Pros

First and foremost the excellent, speedy customer services. The team are wonderful and every time we have needed help, we've never had to wait - someone is always at the end of an email or phone call. It's so rare to get such a great personal service and even though this company has grown since we first started using the software, this area of their business has remained first class and that's what you want when you yourself run such a busy business.

This system is so easy to use and allows us the time to work on other things. Our clients love it and more so that they are in control of their own portal area whereby they can book services directly.

The invoicing part of the software can invoice so many clients in seconds, where previously it took us hours, this alone is why you should invest in this system, it really will save you a lot of time. It's the same with booking lots of scheduled services, we book a year at a time and again, clients love that they can then go into their portal and cancel services not needed, ie school holidays.

Cons

There's not a lot that we don't like and anything that might need attention, we drop the company an email with our ideas and they go through them at software meetings and if you're lucky, it might be on the next software release, they are always developing the system further.

We would like to be able to search on pets birthdays so that we can send them cards and birthday treats, just always looking to delight our clients and would like more diary features and integration with an electronic signature company for the signing of our documents, so are keeping our fingers crossed for the next software release.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software Laura. It has always been a pleasure to support you and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come.

Xuan H.

Pet Sitter Plus has enabled my pet business to grow by leaps and bounds! Could not rave enough!

Reviewed on 2018/01/14

Pet Sitter Plus has enable Tails of the City Pet Care and Born to Run Pet Fitness the ability to centralize all client ' pet details for easy access by managers and sitters/walkers. As a mobile-based business, the ability to retrieve important information on schedules, emergency contacts and pet care routines has made life for our managers and sitters so much easier. Allowing us to handle complicated administrative tasks in less time and with less effort than our old system, Pet Sitter Plus has enabled us more time to focus on growth.

Offering our clients peace of mind has been a priceless feature. Clients really appreciate all the benefits they receive like being able to request visits and update their schedule through their online portal, pay online with a credit card and get real time visit confirmation via email with sitter notes and pet pictures. Keeping track of payments and invoicing clients is a pain free experience now.

Everything from client calendars, sitter schedules to invoices is synchronized and with a click of the mouse bulk invoices and auto-charges can be made simultaneously and accurately. The customizable element of Pet Sitter Plus was a very valuable feature. The ability to customize forms, feedback reports was essential. Not all businesses are run the same way so to be able to modify the software to meet our needs was crucial to the smooth operation of the business.

Pros

I started Tails of the City Pet Care in DC in 2002. During the early years, pet sitting had not exploded as it has now so the available pet sitting software was extremely lacking. It was just as easy to manage using spreadsheets and Quickbooks. To cater to the ever growing pet professionals, there are now more options out there with sophisticated, powerful features that cannot easily be replicated. With expansion in mind, Tails of the City sought out to incorporate a pet sitting software that would aid in its expansion plans. After researching and test running many of the pet sitting software options on the market, the choice was clear: Pet Sitter Plus! The real-time, GPS-pinned visit confirmation through emailed feedback reports enables us to provide transparency, accountability and peace of mind to our valued clients. They love the pet pictures that accompany the feedback reports and have confessed that receiving pictures of their fur babies in their in-box is the highlight of their work day. Getting onboarded to the Pet Sitter Plus platform was a breeze, especially with the help of my software trainer, Drew Bensen. He was not only personable ' knowledgeable but as a pet sitting company owner himself, knew how the software could be tweaked to accommodate all the different branches and users I had at Tails of the City. We have a number of different locations, serving much of DC, Maryland ' Virginia and needed a product able to handle multiple locations.
Although we have not experienced any problems with the software as it is extremely reliable and can handle a great deal of data management ' complex scheduling, on our wish list is the app that clients, managers and walkers/sitters can all use to run our business even more smoothly. One great thing about Pet Sitter Plus is that they are committed to keeping up with trends and pay attention to user needs. An app is in the works that will enable full GPS tracking during walks, if desired and updates via text messaging. For all that Pet Sitter Plus offers currently and in the short-term, the cost cannot be matched, It is the most affordable option out there without sacrificing customer service, on-going support or features.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Xuan so much for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this brilliant review.

Chun soon L.

We once built schedules, invoices and payroll reports - all manually. PSP has been a GAME CHANGER.

Reviewed on 2017/09/24

Saves a ton of time, helps us focus on new client acquisition and employee training rather than the rote back-end stuff

Pros

About 4 years ago, we evaluated PSP, Pet Tech and other similar systems, (and in recent years, we cast a sideways glance at newer, app-based solutions like Leash Time and Time to Pet) -- while some of these services may seem as robust, or have a slicker user interface, we've found that PSP provides all the features a company of our size needs... and is uniquely able to scale with us. We're now at over 1700 clients in NYC, and we simply could not have done this Pet Sitter Plus!

As many have noted, the customer service team is phenomenal. We are continually impressed by all of the feature-packed new releases that come out (it seems) every few months. The product just keeps getting better and better, adroitly sensing shifts in the wind and adapting to them. I can't imagine how busy the programmers must be, constantly responding to the custom needs of Pet Sitting Companies across several continents (with all our varying labor, tax, cultural and other considerations!)

Cons

Well, we're in NYC so some of the terminology in PSP takes a little getting used to. For example, "Diary" will always conjure a tween girl's secret journal, not the daily schedules of our employees... and it's always a little charming to "raise" our clients' invoices rather than send them. I'd say the biggest example of this language difference, or perhaps more a cultural one, is that in the USA when an invoice is sent, the recipient usually has 2-4 weeks before the bill is "due". In PSP, all bills are marked "Due on receipt, and show as "outstanding" to the Client even if they just received it.

The user interface takes a little getting used to. It's probably impossible to design a smooth, attractive and intuitive UX when you are handling SO MANY details for every single thing. An app, when it comes, will be great!

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Chun-Soon very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about how we could improve the language interface. I am happy to say that this is being looked at in our new interface.

Tami B.
Industry: Veterinary

Saved my sanity, everything you could ever need in this industry!

Reviewed on 2017/05/20

My sanity, more sleep, less stress.

Pros

I was the admin for my brothers petsitting company. I joined the team to help him organize and expand. We switched over from another we'll know software that was just missing the mark. We needed something universal that could house all the details that comes along with this work. It was clear that the creators actually have worked as pet sitters. The amount of notes and details you can add for each pet and daily jobs is awesome! There is even a section for house sitting. The transition was so smooth and the guy who helped us was so supportive at every step. I was incredibly nervous and everything went fantastic. The best part is how it is organized, they have thought of everything. It is set up in a way that is so transparent and easy. It is simple to do data entry and for staff to see all important info. Everything in one place and so user friendly even for technology challenged people like me. If you want to sleep better at night get this software, it's totally worth it!s Staff marks off when finished so at a glance on your phone you know what is happening. Also every morning they confirm each job so you know they will not forget. My job became so much easier I was able to move on to follow my dreams and hand this off to a new person with complete confidence. I never could have done that with the old system.

Sandra R.
Industry: Consumer Services

Fabulous software! Couldn't do without it now!

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

Using Pet Sitter Plus has transformed our business for the better and been central to massively increasing our turnover and customer satisfaction.

We had been using a manual system with a calendar in outlook, spreadsheets and Quickbooks for invoicing for several years. However, with texts and emails coming in from clients as well as phone messages on the answer phone and mobile, jobs were always getting missed and changes to the schedule weren't always acted on meaning we turned up at houses to walk a dog but it was out, and dogs turning up for boarding at sitters who didn't know they were coming. As the business grew, with more bookings and more staff and sitters, the problems got worse.

We are so grateful to Richard and the team at Pet Sitter Plus. It was a bit daunting at first to put 'all our eggs in one basket' but we are so glad we did. It is so reliable and always accessible by all the staff wherever you are, on the PC or the mobile. Our sitters and staff love it - no more mistakes and missed dogs and everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing. Our admin loves it too! No more hours spent with the paper calendar trying to match it up to invoicing, and it used to take us literally hours to check it all over before raising each and every invoice. Now it is all done with a click of a button!! Paying compensation is all sorted too and needs the minimum of checking before we can do everyone's payment. So easy!!

Clients love the portal and are getting to grips with booking their own walks rather than asking us in a text or email. They have been busy uploading photos of their pets and adding all their feeding and sleeping information. They can see all the walks that are booked in and can easily book online for any additional walks or day care that they need.

Our software coach was brilliant and walked us through all the processes we needed during our trial to go live. We quickly saw that it was the software for us and suits us perfectly. Any questions we had, she was always at the end of an email and, in the end, it was pretty seamless to get all our clients on board.

My team and I would recommend Pet Sitter Plus without hesitation!

Pros

Easy to use, clients love it, online booking, record kept of all transactions, clients can register credit cards so payment can be automated, lots of comprehensive questions to make sure clients tell us everything important about their pets, keeps home security and alarm details... invoicing completed within minutes, saves us masses of time in admin and it's always accurate!

Cons

Maybe the mobile app needs freshening up but that is coming out soon we're told. Anything we suggest as an improvement goes into their development list and they welcome ideas and want to know what we want.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Sandra for this fantastic review

Alison C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Pet Sitter Plus is my secretary, admin and book keeper all rolled into one.

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

Have been using Pet Sitter plus for nearly 4 years now, and absolutely couldn't be without it. It's allowed me to be excellent in terms of reliability and professionalism, and given me back the time to put into growing the business (and now a second one).
I had one session with Richard in the beginning, but found it all very intuitive (I had some experience of database run software already). The only thing I really couldn't work out was what compensation was! It means pay for staff or contractors. Doh! Any contact I have had with Richard since has been courteous and knowledgeable, and the support is there, in an ongoing sense, if you need it. The Software, servers etc are highly reliable with almost no downtime in the years that I have used the programme. I think their reliability is over 99.9%, which is amazing. There are regular updates and it's ever increasing in terms of features and value for money. I could never have grown my business to the same extent without it, because our flexibility and reliability relies on it. There are now 7 of us working most days.

Pros

I really like the fact that it is so comprehensive, covering all aspects of client and dog information, clients accounts - I hate accounting, but with Pet Sitter Plus I am able to do my own accounts and self assessment, even though the business is quite complex financially. love that I don't have to keep many hard copy record, just the signed business forms and my booking diary really. It' fabulous for staff communication and great for client feedback too now that you can send out and email from the clients home with photos and an update. All wonderful stuff.
The repeat services feature is a great help to, as it means you don't need to reschedule any regular walks or visits, just press the repeat button and you're away!

Cons

Really...? Ummm? Nope! I can't think of any. If I'm being very picky I would like a feature that lets me email all of my clients in bulk, but I have a mailing list with mail chimp. So that's covered elsewhere.

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Alison for this wonderful review.

For the benefit of anyone reading this review, Alison mentioned in the "cons" section that Pet Sitter Plus does not have the option to email clients in bulk. This was a simple misunderstanding. We have since spoken to Alison and tell her how to implement that functionality and she is very happy with our response.

Sharon S.

Awesome software, Awesome support!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

The team at Petsitter+ are awesome!
I owe my sanity and the health of my pet care business to them.
Until April 2012 I had been managing bookings, rosters, invoicing and accounts manually. I was working 24/7 and struggling to keep my head above water. I was beginning to hate the business I had loved for 17 years. And tax time was a nightmare I dreaded to contemplate.
In desperation I had approached a tech savvy guru who had created a very successful software system for a cat rescue organization here. He asked me for my wish list'what the perfect system could do for me. I was excited about the possibilities. This wonderful man, a savior, decided not to reinvent the wheel and after some extensive searching and research to compare the systems available he put me in touch with Richard.
That was the turning point. I was apprehensive to get started, I am technologically challenged (a dinosaur to my teenage children) but after one email and then a chat on skype I trusted I was in good hands. Since that day I have not looked back. Getting started was a piece of cake. The software is super user friendly and, surprise, surprise'the Help tab is actually helpful!! And given all that, if ever I have needed a hand, the customer service has been spot on. Friendly,fast and efficient. My wish list has been provided to me on a platter and some! There are features in Petsitter+ I didnt even know I wanted. And the team are always coming up with improvements and happy to hear our suggestions.
Now I have trained a staff member to operate Petsitter+ and can take time away for some R and R. And even when I am not on leave, I can feel a sense of freedom with the portability of a system which can be operated from my phone or IPad. I recently accompanied my husband on a two day business trip and had the luxury of overseeing PetFriends while relaxing on a beach in Broome. Now that's my kind of office.
Thanks guys, I love you!
Sharon, Pet Friends, Perth, Western Australia

Pros

Easy to use and has helpful "Help" menus and I can use it anywhere on any device

Cons

not really anything I don't like

Response from Pet Software

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software and our service. Your positive feedback is extremely valuable and very much appreciated.

With kind regard

Desi D.

Pet Sitter Plus is excellent!!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/02

Before Pet Sitter Plus we used another software that worked but wasn't really designed for pet sitting service, so there were a lot of mistakes happening. Not to mention half of the work involved a lot of paperwork and consuming precious time. I had been looking for a new software for about a year and everything I saw on the internet wasn't quite right. One day I got an email advertisement from google about Pet Sitter Plus and I knew instantly that this was it. I contacted Richard and he responded immediately! Within a week we were set up with Pet Sitter Plus. All of our data transferred and ready to use!!! We have been using Pet Sitter Plus ever since and that was in 2014!!!
It's amazing how easy and efficient it is to use. What's great about it is that they continue to improve and evolve. Before we used to leave paper notes to our clients and now they receive an email with a picture of their precious pet. Almost every week I get a phone call from clients telling us how much they enjoy and love their email feedbacks. One client said that it puts a smile on her face while at work seeing a picture of her dog and that makes her day better... and that says everything!
Another great thing about Pet Sitter Plus is that you can use it from any device and anywhere. I was away on a trip and was able to do scheduling and billing without any problems, that easy!!!
The customer support is amazing, hardly need to use but when I have a question it's an immediate response.

I highly recommend Pet Sitter Plus!!!

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is easy to use and very efficient!

Cons

None!

Response from Pet Software

Hi Desi, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. I remember helping you to get your business up and running on Pet Sitter Plus and it was a pleasure to see you enjoy the benefits. We hope you enjoy the next release due out very soon.
Best regards
Richard.

Melissa K.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

I love that clients can access their accounts, but there are some changes I would like to see.

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

my overall goal is to spend less time at consultations and at the computer updating client information. It has only been a month and we are still dealing with adapting. So, it may be too soon to tell if I am 100% happy I switched to PSP. But so far what I appreciate most is the customer service, specifically Becky Eberly. She has been such a great support in helping me learn the system. Without her, I would have been a wreck.

Pros

clients are able to log in to update information as well as request or cancel services

Cons

Development changes requests:

1. when a sitter is in a clients account and looks at the schedule, I would like the sitter to be able to click on the name of another sitter assigned to other sits for that client. to access their contact information
2. When tips are allocated to the appropriate sitters when a client makes an online payment, I would like the sitter to be able to either be notified or to be able to see their information (not the other sitters) tip report information. This way they know who to thank and also to feel appreciated by that client
3. My clients are very confused about how to add a tip, even when I give precise instructions within the invoice email notification as well as on my FAQ page on my website: https://www.apetsbestfriend.com/q-a
It is frustrating to have to hand hold clients and walk them through the process and I see a significant decline in tips altogether because clients don't know how to do it! Please please change the invoice page to have an obvious button for clients to click on before making their payment instead of a tiny pencil icon.
4.Many clients are used to paying in advance and I greatly encourage that especially around holidays or for overnight stays. But they are so confused when they look at their account summary and it says "you have nothing to pay". Is there a way to possibly list quote amounts on the page?
5. Please make the summary more printer friendly! It is way too long, including repeated headings and a grey background

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. It's much appreciated and we are glad to be of service to you and that Becky has been such a welcome support to you.

Justin K.
Industry: Computer Software

Professional software for Professional Pet Sitters

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Our company has been benefiting from the services provided by Pet Sitter Plus since 2013. In all honesty, it feels more like a partnership, as though Pet Sitter Plus provide the backbone to our organisation, allowing us to focus our efforts on what we do best, being with the animals. I shudder to recall the years prior to using the software. The administration involved in running a popular, successful and rapidly growing company, based in London was, at best, a white knuckle ride. Then came the calm brought by the team from Pet Sitter Plus, literally clearing my desk overnight and giving me a clean, professional, reliable system to handle and process our admin. Our clients love it, our staff love it, I love it. The system is in a state of constant evolution, meaning new features are developed and added over time. The software works for pet sitters, day cares, kennels, pet hotels, groomers, basically if you look after pets, this software will look after you.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Plethora of features
-Cost effectiveness
-24/7 Customer Service
-Client facing portal
-Positive client feedback

Cons

Owing to the software's ability to process most scheduling, invoicing, financial reporting and administration tasks, I often found myself in the office with little to do and therefore drinking too much coffee

Response from Pet Software

Thank you Justin so much for this fantastic review. I remember coaching you through the changeover to PSP some years ago and I am really pleased to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this positive review.

Tori L.

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

It will take some time to learn the system and convert clients and pet sitters to the system. My customer service rep is phenomenal and walked me through it step by step. Representative is always available to take my call, answer my silly questions, or schedule a ZOOM session when needed. Once familiar with the system, it's easy to use and exudes every bit of professionalism you need as a serious pet-sitting business. Clients love it!

Pros

I searched high and low for salient software unique to the pet-sitting industry, that offered more than just "dog walking" assignment support. I offer extended pet care, via boarding and move-in care, that span several days/weeks (not just an hourly service) and was at a loss for years until I found PSP! It has saved me in so many ways...if not countless hours tracking sitters, clients and pet details. HIGHLY RECOMMEND PSP!

Cons

I like everything about this software and have 0 dislikes/complaints.

Response from Pet Software

This is a wonderful review Tori. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you, especially Marianne. We really appreciate this review.

Angie T.
Industry: Farming

Money well spent and time saved= Happy Days!

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Time saving, easy for staff to use and see their work load. Usability on mobile so I'm not always needing my laptop.

Pros

Once set up (can be time consuming for a established company) this will save time and headaches with all aspects of business from invoicing to planning diaries and staff. I have used Petsitter for 5 years + and always found the company most helpful even with my silly little questions! Customer service is top notch. There have been "bugs", however, they have always been ironed out and dealt with in a professional and quick manor while keeping me (and other I assume) full informed of updates. I have even made suggestions of things I would like in the software and they have managed to run my ideas into the software! How often do you get listened to that well? I love Petsitter and wouldn't be without it now. Thanks to all the team who have made my life easier :)

Cons

I didn't find it sooner! Other than that I can not fault this software and can not recommend it highly enough, if you have a pet business you should have this software!!!! (I'm not being paid for this review!!!)

Response from Pet Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you.

Karen C.

Love this program

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

I can now organize my dog visits, boarding and daycare in such a short time. I now have time to work one expanding my business!

Pros

I have been using PSP for over 3 years now, and can not do without it! It is easy to use for everyone, me, my employees and my clients. My clients love the fact that they can schedule their services online.
The real time visit updates and GPS confirmation of arrival is an excellent tool. My clients love receiving pictures of dogs during the actual visit!
There all a lot of reports that can help you with the financial side. I especially love seeing the revenue report. a graph shows the break down of where you are making the most revenue.
The support is the best!! Whenever you get a new program you never know if there will be someone there to help. Not worries with that I have had ALL my questions answered in a very timely manner.
I would highly recommend PSP to anyone running a pet business!!

Cons

The only con is that you can not change the invoice once it is sent. It does cause confusion for some of my clients.

Response from Pet Software

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you and help you to grow your business.

Valerie L.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

I couldn't run my business effectively without it!

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

It literally made my job easier. I no longer have to waste my time with several programs, as PSP combined most everything all into one platform. I used to spend hours organizing and sending out schedules, and PSP now does that for me. My customers also love their emailed confirmations, invoices, and receipts of payments. PSP truly took my business to a higher level of professionalism that I never could have achieved using our old scheduling/management techniques.

Pros

How it completely streamlines the booking process directly from the clients onto the pet sitter's schedules. Nothing gets lost in translation. I also love how the pet sitters can acknowledge their schedules and check-in/check-out of each job as they complete it. These are just two out of many, many desirable features this software has!

Cons

I would like to be able to add attachments to the client's files (i.e. their Service Contracts, for example). This would almost completely eliminate the use(waste) of paper in my company. I would also like the sitters to be able to mark themselves off for particular hours of the day as opposed to entire days.

Response from Pet Software

Hi Valerie,

Thank you very much for providing this great review of our software. Its also useful to receive your feedback about additional features that you require and I am happy to say that both of the features mentioned are on our short term development list.