Siteimprove

Website monitoring using intelligent automation

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A great partner, alongside their great service!

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Pros

- Highly capable SaaS that helps web, martech and technical teams run a better enterprise web presence.
- Many tools to report on QA, policies and governance, SEO, web analytics and Accessibility.
- The tools are very full featured - incredible bang for the buck!
- Incredible service and support, thorough self-help and commitment to solving for business strategy and problems
- Very reliable availability/uptime

Cons

- Sometimes the (very powerful) features are quite obscured in the UI - that's not necessarily a bad thing, but since I'm only in it monthly and not daily, sometimes I need to retrain myself on how to do things. I suppose such is the case with 'pro' interfaces, but a bit more effort on UX and overall friendliness might be helpful for those folks (working-class middle management :-D).

Robert R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good insights into your website

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

The SEO features and the brand compliance features were very nice and easy to use and understand. It was eye opening to see the branding issues on the page

Cons

The website analytics were good but we ended up going with Google as an outside "watch dog" for the website.

Response from Siteimprove

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you got some great insights from using our tool.

Helpful Tool for QA

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

With Siteimprove I can quickly identify and correct potential misspellings, accessibility errors, SEO errors before publishing content/copy. They just came out with a new plugin that integrates with Kentico CMS (Siteimprove For Kentico). This is huge for me as I mostly work withing Kentico. The plugin let's me see all potential errors right in Kentico.

Cons

Occasionally it feels like there are a few more clicks needed than necessary.

Lily T.

We have only been using SiteImprove for a month or so, but we are really liking it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Easy to use, great product, provides functions that we really need. Though we've only been using it for a short time we really like it and have already improved our website quite a bit as a result.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Required Asset for any Enterprise Website

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

This is a key component that supports our overall digital strategy. The tool is very intuitive and instantly provides insights leading to actionable items to improve your digital footprint. Support is also very responsive and extremely helpful. They own a problem if it is on their end and work tirelessly to resolve it.

Pros

The product is easy to use and constantly evolving to meet the current trends in digital marketing.

Cons

While new modules are added that are useful, they usually always included an add-on fee. Sometimes it seems as if we are always trying to justify a budget increase to pay for the latest features.

Julie G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

SiteImprove Quality Assurance

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

I don't need much assistance from SiteImprove. It does what it needs to do, and we renew every year. I like that it doesn't consume a lot of my time, but still gives me the information I need.

Pros

SiteImprove is an easy and hands-off way to track the quality of your website(s). We have multiple sites and multiple blogs, so this allows me to see any link errors from one dashboard. This would take me a lot more time to compile this info manually or using Google indexing tools, so the time saved is worth the money!

Cons

We tried SiteImprove's analytics feature and were not happy with it. The data was MUCH different than what Google analytics gave us, and our customer support team couldn't really explain that difference. Because Google rules the world, we invested in Google Analytics training, rather than SiteImprove for this function.

Response from Siteimprove

Hi Julie,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our tool easy to use and that you are making great use of the dashboards.

Melissa K.

Great Use and Support

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Siteimprove is the answer to all of our WCAG issues. Our subscription with them has really improved our accessibility and the fact that they keep us notified on any updates to law/policy is really helpful.

Pros

The dashboard puts everything right out there for you to see and if you need anything at all explained, the reps are on the phone with you immediately. My SiteImprove plugin wasn't working and they spent time trying to figure it out, yet it ended up being an issue on my end. The rep genuinely sounded like he was as unhappy as I was. It works now, so all is right in the world.

Cons

I would prefer if the webinars they offer were actually videos that could be played and paused because I want to have it run instead of having to click to progress the info and pages.

Roxanne G.
  • Industry: Banking

Very good and powerful tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We have many websites with a huge overall amount of pages and we were not able to keep track of functionality on all of them. So we had many mistakes that were not necessary. Siteimprove helped us to find those unnecessary mistakes and improve our rating. The SEO function also was a very good add-on as we are not allowed to work directly with Google.

Pros

That it is easy to use and you can always see your progress what lets you know if you worked correctly and if your rating already improves. also the SEO function is very good.

Cons

Until now our experiences were very good. So nothing negative to mention so far.

Response from Siteimprove

Hi Roxanne,
Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you find great use of our tool and that it helps you get the needed overview of your sites.

Tobias M.
  • Industry: Design

Siteimprove helps me a lot with web accessibility!

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Pros

Siteimprove helps me with so many different things; SEO, Accessibility, Analytics, GDPR, & More. The be honest I like the accessibility features (love their Chrome extension!) and their support the most. Support is super helpful and gives a quick answer.

Cons

I think it's a bit pricey... Especially if you think of Google Analytics as being free and you have to pay that much for Siteimprove's analytics tool.

Bernhard N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great assistance

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Finding technical problems and quality issues is very helpful in daily business. We were able to improve the quality or keep it stable.

Pros

It gives us tools to improve the quality and to document the corresponding improvements.

Cons

The report handling is a bit complicated in relation to the other tools.

Sarah H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Recommened - But Takes Time to Learn

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

I would definitely recommend this and suggest that you take times to view the modules/training that is provided to get the most out of this service.

Pros

The way the website is set up is very user friendly. It is broken out into very easy to find sections and a lot of the data/tools it provides are extremely helpful.

Cons

Not necessarily about the software, but I felt that during the on boarding process the customer service wasn't the best. It was great when we were getting set up but after we had paid/we're up and running it felt like we were neglected a little bit.

Emily M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good for cleaning up a website.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Siteimrpove was very helpful for cleaning up abandoned links, and making the website more marketable.

Cons

Siteimprove was fairly easy to use overall, but there is definitely a learning curve. Takes time to understand.

Chris C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An absolute must-have site optimisation tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

On top of the outstanding business-as-usual features, we've been working to really nail down an accessibility audit on our website which genuinely could not have been done effectively without this tool.

Pros

A one-stop shop for website management and optimisation; accessibility, broken links, heatmapping and page load speed can all be managed through a seamlessly-build user interface.

Cons

Updates and crawls run particularly slowly, particularly for larger websites. That aside, I couldn't fault any of the features available on Siteimprove.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Overall I loved this product and once we have more funding, will get again.

Pros

This is a really user-friendly product. Our team was able to pick this up in no time and with little training. They make everything easy to find and fix.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about this product is the cost. We, unfortunately, had to cut it to save money with everything that's going on. We already have google analytics, so this product had to go.

Raymond R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Siteimprove is your best friend in site quality assurance

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

I mainly use Siteimprove to check for specific words or names, links, and overall accessibility. Most recently we've renamed some of our more trafficked directories and Siteimprove came in very handy at finding pages that used the old name or linked to the old path. I created reports and used them as checklists, which made the task easier to divy up and the process much easier to complete. So handy!

Pros

I really enjoy how the "Pages with Broken Links" section is organized and how each offending page listed links to a mock page with all of the offending content highlighted...so no scanning on my part. Then I can fix the link or share this with a colleague in charge of that page.

Cons

It's a little tricky to initially locate the tools you're looking for. This is one that you want to keep active with regularly (at least a few times a month) or you'll forget where to find everything.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

A good tool to quickly track broken links and mis-spellings on a website

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

A good way to track, manage, and edit webpages that contain mis-spellings or broken links so they cant be fixed. Overall analysis of website and scoring allows us to keep track of performance over time.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a few refreshes to update the status of the website. Needs to be more real-time and reactive.

Paul V.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Andy F.

Great information for sites with outbound links.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like the consistency and clarity of the reporting with SiteImprove. The tool gives us accurate accounting of broken links and misspellings. It's especially useful if you have a site that has been around for years with a large amount of outbound links. Inevitably, those link destinations change or those pages are deleted altogether. SiteImprove saves user frustration over broken links and administrator embarrassment over misspellings.

Cons

I would love an option to incorporate more analytics into the tool. If I have some broken links, I'd like to know how many times they were clicked since the last report or since they've been broken.

Joan C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

An excellent tool for enterprise!

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

As a higher-education web professional, I deal a lot with accessibility issues. SiteImprove has been invaluable at showing people around our organization exactly what needs to happen to improve accessibility.

Pros

Our large company uses SiteImprove to monitor for broken links, misspellings, accessibility red flags, analytics, wording changes and much more - and we are barely scratching the surface of the functions available. It's a great package.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and it's pretty pricey. However, for an enterprise, if you're not willing to spend some money to keep your sites accurate without a lot of person-hours, you're probably doing it wrong.

Not 10 Webtools - just Siteimprove!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

The Usability of Siteimprove and the People - they have time for their Customers!

Cons

Unlikely to say but I'm just happy withe the software :-)

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My experience with Siteimprove

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Above all, Siteimprove is a powerful tool to ensure the quality of a website.

Pros

Especially the function to adapt faulty links is extremely helpful.

Cons

I can't find anything negative at the moment.

David H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Overall site improve has proven to be a high quality tool that has been very useful.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Generallly it's reassurance that the ensure is in good shape.

Pros

The accessibility compliance check and ability to locate specific issues on a web page is a great feature.

Cons

In brief the greatest con is the cost. Overall the software is very good however it is also very expensive for a small organisation with a limited budget.

Jena F.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy way to keep track of site.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

Siteimprove helps immensely with keeping track of common mistakes that crop up on large sites - like broken links and misspellings. Instead of having to comb through the site yourself, Siteimprove does it for you.

Cons

When I used it, I noticed a lot of false flags - it would say a link was broken when it really wasn't. It's also an expensive software.

Tommaso B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Invaluable tool to highlight accessibility issues on large sites

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

I got my site from being pretty bad on accessibility to being way above the industry benchmark.

Pros

Siteimprove breaks issues down by type and by page, making it really easy to set about whatever workflow works best for each issue.

Cons

The other sections don't seem to be as flushed out, or maybe they just work differently enough from the Accessibility one that I haven't learned how to use them effectively.

There are a lot of false-positives in the QA section.

Markus H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Good stuff

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

SEO and usability.

Pros

Siteimprove is easy to handle and well organized.

Cons

In the beginning, you need support to find the right way through all the possibilities.