HoneyBook

Client management for freelancers & SMBs

Bray B.

Best Business Decision we have made

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Great! Fabulous! Wonderful! Customer Service is awesome and the website is NEVER Down. I have business friends that are always complaining about their systems not working. We can't say that about Honeybook. Reliability is HUGE in the profession. It's very reliable!

Pros

We can conduct all of the business we need to within one software. We can create contracts, get them signed and get paid, all within HoneyBook. Our team can communicate with clients straight from HoneyBook. It will even allow us to communicate from emails within the website. Love it! Makes our jobs so much easier. It allows our creatives to create and not have to worry about all of the details associated with the business practice.

Cons

We don't have any complaints. We book 40ish weddings a year and I strongly believe HoneyBook pushed us up to the next level with professionalism.

Christopher M.

HoneyBook Rocks

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Pros

It's clear that the developers of HoneyBook have really focused on making a product that is perfect for every element of running a business. It's very customizable, yet, the initial setup is very helpful. Everything from the forms that are easy to integrate into your website for lead collection to workflow to billing has been well thought-out and runs very smoothly.

Cons

The setup is a slight bit confusing at first. It takes a little time to understand what the File system is and how to implement. Just took a little exploration to understand.

Abigail G.

HoneyBook is amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

It’s been great!! Any time I’ve had an issue it’s been resolved quickly. I do find that asking a question in the group & getting a personal email is rather annoying. I specifically ask in Facebook for a reason - so when I get an email I usually don’t see it right away whereas I’m looking for a notification or other users experiences.

Pros

User friendly for both myself and my clients, ease of set up (love that they do most of the upload work & it’s easily changeable!), the community it’s created, & the “opportunities” section.

Cons

1. I wish there was more internal automation, like the workflow applied just sent out the emails and not prompted me to act.
2. While “linked” with Calendly, it’s not linked in the correct way. I wish when someone signed up for a slot in Calendly, it could generate an automatic proposal that I could look over before sending, or sent automatically. When adding my “Calendly link” to a honeybook email, the link always fails. I don’t use Calendly enough to have this be a major issue, just a nuisance.
3. More flexibility in personal branding & branding the contact form. I don’t currently use the form on my site because of this.

Response from HoneyBook

Thank you for being a member Abigail! I know you will be excited about some upcoming functionality we'll be releasing in early 2020! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the product team.

Barbara D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Honeybook is the best!

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Before Honeybook, we were having issues with past due account and staying on top of them. With Honeybook-that issue has gone away. Our customers are thrilled with the reminders and the ability to pay online. Before Honeybook we either had to have couples come back to the venue to book or would mail out the contracts delaying bookings by up to 2 weeks. Now we can send out everything and have our bookings completed in just hours! Working with clients and assisting in the coordinating /planning of their weddings are soo much easier with Honeybook. All emails are stored with the project-from the lead contact to the final thank you! No more hunting through email accounts. Notes and information stored there. And the ability to work from home without hauling home a stack of files is unbeatable. This is the BEST program for a wedding venue!

Pros

The ability to work from anywhere at any time is one of the best features. I can access all the information for our clients from home and answer any questions. Since leads go directly to this program, all emails are attached to each project so you have a record of everything you said. The Library stores all our documents and handouts. I love the report section--last month the owner was starting a project to see what months was our best months for bookings. He said he was going to have to dig through Quickbooks for the information. I pointed out that the information was already in the Honeybooks!

Cons

The only thing have to say that is bad about this program is when there is an update of change. Opening up the program to do something and finding that things have changed with no notice is frustrating.

Jordyn C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

How to keep organized while running a business

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

From the time my prospective clients contact me, throughout the booking process, automatic reminders of upcoming payments, clients being able to pay through honeybook, and even following up after my scheduled time with clients, Honeybook is my biggest tool.

Pros

Honeybook is essential to running my business and now that I've been a user for more than 2 years, I can't imagine not using it. As a photographer, it is important for me to keep all of my scheduling, contracting, payments, and details as organized as possible so that I don't miss a meeting, or special detail for a wedding or photo session. Every part of my business is streamlined now that I use Honeybook. Reporting on Honeybook is made very easy from being able to see what % I've booked based on the number of signed contracts, where most of my clients find me, and how much money in taxes I need to pay for the quarter. Additionally, Honeybook has an opportunity board where creatives can post about need for associates, styled photo sessions. Finally, if you refer 2 people per year to Honeybook, your cost for the entire year is covered.. can't beat that!

Cons

There are times when I donate photo sessions to non-profits and want to be able to send an invoice showing how much the session would have cost, then adding a discount to show a $0 invoice but there is not a way to send that without charging the invoice and refunding. I wish that I could do more on the mobile app, but new features are being added frequently.

Kristin C.
  • Industry: Events Services

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros

Task automation
Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link
Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals
Contract integration with E signature capabilities
Easy to use platform
Manages all client communication with Gmail integration
Unbeatable customer service
AFFORDABLE

Cons

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails
Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

Response from HoneyBook

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Alysha M.
  • Industry: Photography

Like having a personal assistant!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

The main benefit of HoneyBook that I love is that I'm able to give my clients an exceptional experience. The way contracts are shared, payments are presented makes it so easy for me to do business with my clients. I think the biggest perk I loved at first was the electronic signature. It's seamless and allows you to pull in more clients quicker. It also keeps my voice consistent with different clients. I can have automated responses ready to send. The price was worth it to me to get my sanity back!

Pros

When I was drowning in emails in my inbox, HoneyBook was the place that everything was in one place. No emails were being looked over anymore, my contract and invoices were easily accessible (no more unprofessional word doc), easy to accept payments and HoneyBook made it so easy for me to do my taxes this year. I contemplated hiring someone to help take the load off the back work but HoneyBook does that for me with easy to use templates, reminders and automated email responses. I can't recommend HoneyBook enough!

Cons

I have very few negative things to say about HoneyBook. The couple things I did note that may be helpful in the future, HoneyBook wants to know about. They offer surveys and take users suggestions to possibly implement in the future. All things were very minor and don't take away from the overall experience of using HoneyBook.

Matt H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

One of the best customer service relationship managers around!

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

We've been using them for a couple of years now and just recently moved our second business into the HB system. We're happy with the way things are and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Pros

Honeybook has everything we need to run our two companies (and we use it for both). Support has been absolutely excellent, and we love how they're constantly adding new features and templates. HoneyBook is easy to use and they take security seriously, which we value.

Cons

They're stuck in the Stripe system for payments with zero other options. We run our businesses using PayPal and the lack of paymention options pales in comparison to a couple of the CRM competitors out there. The app could use with a UX/UI redesign for the new decade. It's easy to use, but could be much better.

Carlos O.
  • Industry: Photography

A must for busy event people

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

Response from HoneyBook

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Alyssa B.

Honeybook Has The Best Customer Service I've Ever Found On A Platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

The fact that they take all your templates and do the onboarding for you alleviates the excuse of not wanting to transfer systems.
The customer service is bar none. They are always quick, pleasant and offer advice and solutions when I cant find what I'm looking for.

Pros

Clean interface
automation assists small businesses to ensure great customer service.
Can add more than one company if you're like me and run different events and services.

Cons

still has some growing pains, but they are really receptive of suggestions.
Would like to be able to have email coro come from a chain, and not have to send new emails from the system each follow up.
The brochure maker is limited at the moment. Would like to see it more customizable.
In Canada your clients can't pay you with online bank transfers, only available for US businesses.

Response from HoneyBook

We are very proud of our Concierge Team and we're so glad you agree, Alyssa! Thank you for being a HB member and sharing your feedback. I will pass along your comments to our product team!

Kelly H.
  • Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is a Life and Game CHANGER!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I have zero regrets investing in HoneyBook. I made my money back on tips on the first year alone. They are constantly developing new features to support their creative community. My customers, for the most part, find it very user-friendly and intuitive. I get bookings faster. I get paid faster. I get paid ON TIME most of the time - just incredible. The project stage tracking is a great reminder for ME, to make sure I don't miss a step (or a beat) with a customer. And outside of the software, there is a whole community based around HoneyBook - I haven't tapped into that much yet but I know it's strong and a very supportive and positive force.

Pros

The BEST feature of HoneyBook is transitioning from paper and emails to a completely online system.

Cons

Maybe if we could go back to old proposals to duplicate them? I know when you start a new proposal, the last few pop up to duplicate... I would like to be able to duplicate any. I have return customers and though it's minimal, it would save time entering their data.

Corinne I.
  • Industry: Photography

Do yourself a favor and start using Honeybook today!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Honeybook really allows me to be stress-free with keeping my head wrapped around all of my weddings for the year by keeping things organized, stream-lined, and clutter-free! I love that I'm able to make notes that only I can see and reference at any time. What helps me the most is the pipeline structure and customizable email templates! I can't tell you how many hours Honeybook has saved me overall. Well worth the investment as a small business!

Pros

There are so many things that I love about Honeybook, but what I find to help me the most is the pipeline structure and customizable email templates! Keeping things stream-lined and easy to flow through is key when running a small business by yourself!

Cons

I don't have much to dislike about Honeybook! The only thing that I think could use improvement is the mobile app functionality, but it is mobile and therefore limited. I also wish that I would've been exposed to team workflows early on, but it's not hard to figure out once you have a general understanding of the software!

Clients, Community, Platform

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Love it, hands down one of the best decisions I made for my company was to use HoneyBook as our CRM. The team at HoneyBook HQ is fantastic and super responsive to improvement suggestions from their user community. They have built a fantastic supportive user community that I love being a small part of.

Pros

This platform is so easy to use and gives my clients one of the best and easiest experiences they could have. It’s a polished platform that’s lets me easily help my clients and give them the best experience possible for their wedding or event.

Cons

I would like a more robust Archive management, and a comprehensive workflow automation system, but I know they are working on it.

Elle F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing product! Changed my life.

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Really positive. It has done so much to make my life easier and to improve customer relations. It keeps us organized and our clients informed. It is so easy and all in one place. I cant say enough great things about HoneyBook. I will yell it from the rooftops if you would like. It has answered all my issues and then some. I love how efficient it is. LOVE LOVE!!! It has made such a difference in my Business. SO MANY reasons to love HONEYBOOK!!

Pros

Its so efficient, easy to use and so professional looking. I love the Library, the Contracts, Proposals, client interface page with everything kept in one neat organized place fro the client, my team and the Wedding planner. Its brilliant. Brilliant. It is the answer to all my difficulties before finding HoneyBook. I thing every Wedding processional needs to be using this product.

Cons

Love it all. Seriously! I haven't had one problem that wasn't addressed or fixed by a customer service representative.

Jill C.
  • Industry: Design

Most affordable and complete solution for the creative business

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Makes running my creative business so much smoother. Their customer service is second to none. Fast, helpful, and friendly.

Pros

Integration of CRM, Calendar, and Billing all in one as well as the ability to run multiple businesses at no additional charge.

Cons

I'd cannot attach a file to an email which means I sometimes have to send 2, but they're working on it.

Courtney H.

Game changer!

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I am more streamlined, more professional looking, super simple invoicing and workflow!

Pros

It is easy and (dare I say it?) fun! Easy, guided templates for emails, brochures, contracts, and workflows keep my company moving forward!

Cons

That I don't get alerts via email when tasks are due and that I can not delete the sample templates

Lindsay M.

Best Out There

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

Everything you need is integrated right into the software in a really bold and easy interface. I love the integration between my email on even my phone, into the project on the site. Everything is all in one place and I can see the entire email chain. Invoices and getting paid is seamless, and being able to send pre-made template emails with attached contracts and invoices makes it so I am the fastest responder and get all the business!

Cons

There's really not much I don't use or don't like. I would like for my call scheduling to be able to automatically sync to my iCal for my iphone, and maybe some personalized help on automating workflows, but these are wish list items!

Dena G.
  • Industry: Photography

I would be lost without it!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Before I signed up for Honeybook, I was on the fence because I didn't think I "needed" it. I was a photographer that did about 8-10 events a year. However, I'm so glad I took the plunge, because as time went on, I grew into the software, and now I can't live without it! I don't even know how I managed all my clients before. It definitely helps keep me organized and my clients find it really impressive. It definitely makes me and my business more efficient, provide a better client experience, as well as helps to show that I am a professional in my field.

Pros

Helps keep me organized, and is very user friendly. Clients love using it too!

Cons

I've been with Honeybook since they launched. At the time, I had wished there was a little more functionality/bells and whistles, but they're continually adding/modifying features, which has been great!

Amber J.
  • Industry: Photography

Great! And User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Overall, I love the software and definitely recommend it to anyone looking to make their life a little bit easier!

Pros

I love how easy it was to learn. I have also used Dubsado, and it has more of a learning curve. I love how HoneyBook helps me keep all my client information in one place, so I don’t have to worry about losing anything. I also like how I can integrate it into my google calendar, so I have one less step when booking clients.

Cons

I wish it had the option to schedule two or more sessions under a single project. For example, my wedding packages include an engagement session. However, I have to put the engagement session in as a separate project, which adds a step to the process. It’s only a minor inconvenience.

Stephanie W.
  • Industry: Photography

The best tool I have for my business

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

I am a creative. I'm not a business person. Honeybook helps me do all the things on the business side of my business. Booking, payments and client correspondence. I was overwhelmed before I had Honeybook!

Pros

Integration of all my systems was so smooth. Honeybook is easy to use and my clients appreciate it!

Cons

I can't think of anything I have wished was different

Larianne T.

A Positive Change

Reviewed on 2019/11/30

I have had a very positive experience. My whole workflow has changed. All of my inquiries go through Honeybook and it makes it easy to keep track of everything. I have received more Facebook & Google reviews because of the automated e-mail that I set up to go out to clients 30 days after our session. I tell everyone about Honeybook. I wish I had started using it earlier.

Pros

Honeybook changed the way I run my business. I love the fact that it comes with templates for e-mails, contracts and proposals. Don't even get me started on the brochures. The fact that I can get an inquiry and send over a brochure with all my pricing info in just 1 minute is amazing to me.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I don't have all of the features on the mobile app. But that's not really a big deal. I usually have my computer on hand.

Angela T.

Outstanding product

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

HoneyBook is crucial to running my business. I work alone and I am not at all tech savvy. HoneyBook, not only pretty much manages my office, it keeps me looking professional and it’s easy for my clients to access and use to stay in contact with me and make payments, etc. My business grown into something I’m sure would never have happened without HoneyBook! It’s worth EVERY penny!!

Pros

Everything! All of the features are perfect for my business. It’s easy to use and if I run into trouble there is some available to me within minutes or I can hop onto YouTube to find a quick tutorial.

Cons

Can’t think of anything I don’t like about this software.

Anna V.

Game-changing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

Amazing! 10/10. They have an excellent team, and the software is so easy to use.

Pros

I love that HoneyBook allows me to get paid faster! The templates feature is amazing. Everything about this software makes the user a better, more organized business owner.

Cons

I wish HB wasn't so laser-focused on wedding professionals--I'd love for them to provide more features for other creative professionals as well.

Naticia F.
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Money I Ever Spent On My Business!!!!

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I love this system! I will never go back to where I was and I wish I had known about it sooner because it would have saved me so much trouble over my first few years in business. Literally THE BEST money I have ever spend in my business!

Pros

The best part about this system is the payment assistance. It reminds my customers when payments are due, takes their payments easily and gets me paid fast! Also, HoneyBook helps me keep track of all of my projects in an organized way which I really appreciate!

Cons

I wish the system was able to better track email correspondence in a long tread that was readable by both the customers and the user.

• Industry: Design

Very Good for Now

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I use HoneyBook for my small business to track all my clients and projects.

Pros

I love having all of my business documents, clients, time tracking, project tracking, etc. in one place. It saves so much time because I'm not constantly jumping from program to program to keep myself organized.

Cons

As much as I love the tool, it is not intuitive! None of the settings are where you think they would be and it's very difficult to find help documentation. I can't wait for them to add the feature of attaching a file like a PDF to a triggered email.

Response from HoneyBook

Hey there, thank you for the feedback! Want to make sure you're able to find help documentation - please check out https://help.honeybook.com/en/ when you get a chance. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] - always here for any questions you have. :)