KidReports

Digital classroom management & parent engagement

4,1
Troy D.
Industry: Public Safety
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

The ease of use of the KidsReports software makes drop-off and pick-up of my kids to effortless. I am able to check them in and out of daycare quickly and remain stress free from the hustle that mornings often bring with getting kids to daycare. Thanks!

Cons

Only negative on this software is the finicky fingerprint reader. Winters are a dry time and the fingerprint scanner never works for me, although it worked flawlessly at the last daycare center we were at that used it, so it may be a setup issue or just my dry skin (certainly not the fault of the software by any means).

Meghan V.

KidsReport Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

I really enjoyed using KidsReports. I found it to be better than the software we were using before that. It had better features in my opinion.

Pros

I found this product to be very easy to use. It had everything that we needed on it. I liked how it had everything worded on it. For example, breakfast, snack etc.

Cons

The only thing I didn’t like about this software is that you had to wait 24 hours to add a child to the classroom.

Kayley D.

We have had issues with KidReports from the day we began using the software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

We really enjoy the teacher-teacher messaging feature, as well as the teacher-parent messaging feature.

Cons

The format of the administrator website is nowhere near as functional as others, and we have had multiple issues with information not transferring from Procare to KidReports. The layout of the daily reports is awful - instead of having a giant list of meals, diapering, and toileting throughout the day, why not have a a meals section, a toileting section, and a diapering section so they are easier for parents to navigate and read instead of scrolling down a long list of their whole day? Customer service is terrible. Each time we have attempted to call, we have been placed on hold for an hour or more. The only way were able to reach someone was directly through KidReports (strictly messaging, which isn't helpful), and anyone we have spoken with hasn't been helpful - they suggested we buy our teachers new iPads JUST to have them strictly for KidReports because it doesn't run as well with other apps and photos on the iPad. What's the point of the app and software if it can't be on the iPad with anything else?

Tami Z.
Industry: Education Management

Ashley Repko has been amazing helping us get started she has been so patient with all our questions

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Time saving for teachers which lowers payroll. Less use of paper products for forms that have to be filled out such as, accident/incident reports, medication authorizations, etc. Easier communication ability with parents and teachers. I can see immediately how many kiddos are in each room with the number of teachers as well. I can locate a child if he/she has been moved to a different room. Teachers will be able to perform conferences with much more ease with everything right at their fingertips.

Pros

I love the options and the customization capabilities that KidReports provides for our center. We used a different program for parent communication prior to KR so parents and teachers had a tough time switching but now that we have used it for over a month everyone is loving it. I am so pleased that I am able to customize the activities so I have created our Medical Authorization form, Medication Log, Child Ill Form, Child Health, and so many others. The ease of use for the staff to be able to just select the Early Learning Standard they are working on and tie it to a picture or a video is the BEST! It makes documenting children's progress and accomplishments so much easier. The parents love getting the pictures/videos throughout the day along with the rest of the information they receive daily. I really get excited when I think of something new that I can add to the activities, and it has reduced the amount of paper that we use because we virtually have everything set up electronically.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm setting things up in the activities I start to type in a box and my cursor goes away and I don't realize that all of my typing is going nowhere. There were a few small things that we had to get used to and was a little difficult to use in the beginning but I think it was mainly because we had previously used a different electronic communication program. I don't like how when I create an activity (i.e. accident/incident report)I need to have things show up in a specific order such as, parents name first, equipment involved, was 911 called?, etc. However, I was informed that they would be fixing this so I am able to do this by April sometime. I really don't have too much negative to say about KR, I am loving it.

Barbara G.

KidReports: A Must Have Product for Day Care Facilities

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I absolutely love KidReports! I have used it as a Master Teacher and as a Director in the daycare setting! I highly recommend it to daycare centers who are serious about providing excellent quality education while increasing involvement &communication with the parents!

Pros

The software is easy to use adding valuable info for parents - activities done, diaper changes, meals eaten, portfolio items for children's learning experiences, pictures, videos, and so much more. KidReports integrates with the Procare software system & is pretty easy to set up if you have some tech savvy knowledge. The admin side is also well built so directors can see what their teachers are doing at a glance - even larger daycare centers. There is also a parent app for parent notifications.

Cons

The only "complaints" we have received in using the software is from parents - they would like to see the phone app improved. There are no real issues with the phone app - but they would like to see more instant notifications and more features.

Teresa A.

Possible Improvements

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Overall it is such a great application that I am looking forward to using throughout the years. As a parent and a Director i see how much of an impact having KidReports can do to in a parents day.

Pros

I love that the parents have access to the children's day and how easy it can be.

Cons

There are a few glitches, and it is mostly on the administration side.
When editing classroom activities, sometimes with time it reverts back to the old data. Which i have to go back and correct.

Also the message that the parents send to the teacher do not go directly to the administrator account so it makes it a little hard for us to see unless we are physically looking at the ipads.

When the teachers try to input their curriculum on the planners, it sometimes jumps from on of the day to the next so it is not consistent and makes it a little harder to upload.

Paula P.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Overall I think it is a good tool for both parents and teachers

Pros

I like the direct and efficient communication with teachers and school staff during the day about my kid

Cons

I found it hard at the beginning to navigate and find all the necessary tools. Some items or sections should be added

Tifanee W.
Industry: Education Management

KidReports is a great software used by our Child Care Center replacing paper daily reports!

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

I like that KidReports has a lot of features that can be utilized to personalize each classroom's activities. Thus, teachers are able to choose from a wide variety of activities that can be added to each child's electronic report. I also loved the feature that allowed parents to receive "real-time" updates on things happening with their child.

Cons

The ease of use of KidReports was the main con. I had a difficult time navigating through all of the features.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

As a parent who has a child in daycare using this software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

I liked the picture quality of the photos. It was nice to get the report every day.

Cons

I have tried and tried to get the pictures of my child downloaded. We asked before and have been asking since we left the daycare, but there is no recourse. The kidsreport folks send us to the daycare, the daycare sends us back to kidsreport. I have been at it since last April. Hoping to get them before she graduates college..

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Kahlil J.
Industry: Education Management

KidReports makes is easier to communicate with parents!!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

KidReports is easy to use and they have a friendly customer service team that can help with any issues that you may experience.

Pros

You can communicate with the child's parent throughout the day which totally removes the need to send notes home with them that could possibly get forgotten, lost or destroyed. Parents can also confirm they received your messages and respond to them as well.

Cons

There was an occasion where all of the information I input into a document was deleted and unrecoverable. However, this error was most likely my fault and hasn't happened again since.

Barbara H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Go with kidreports

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Learning to love it... there is just so much to do with it, butbthe support has been amazing!

Pros

It incorperates all our daily tasks/needs/mandates in one place! The programa le options forsending reports is a huge plus as well.

Cons

It has too many multiple steps for each entry. I want a point and click option! Show me the list of options and let me tap what I need and save- done.

Maria L.
Industry: Education Management

Kid reports for your school

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

The business problems that we are solving is that we can communicate immediately with the parents

Pros

The ease that we have to communicate with our families. Not only can the families communicate with the director or the teacher in real time, but the staff can communicate to the families quickly.

Cons

If we have a new student that has enrolled, it takes 24 hours for their info to be inputted into the system and sometimes it goes offline.

Sidney H.
Industry: Education Management

KidReports has allowed our school to easily share daily information with our parents.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Great parent involvement since they are able to see exactly what their child(ren) does during the day. Our parents also love how they are able to directly contact our teachers through this app. KidReports allows our school to better improve our communication with our parents.

Pros

Our school enjoys being able to share pictures with our parents just as much as being able to easily navigate through the simple app.

Cons

The only "issue" we seem to run into is a slower response time from the customer service team when our schools individually reach out, as opposed to the fast response our area Marketing and Media Director receives when contacting the customer service team directly.

Response from KidReports

Hi Sidney! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Charlisa W.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Kid Reports

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Great for parents! Especially new parents who are worried about their child’s day during school.

Pros

It keeps parents informed all day long about their child’s day. They receive daily photos, lunch times and how much was eaten.

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with. I believe there should be more options when it comes to selection a particular Child and what their day consist of.

Jovanna C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Peace of mind!

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

I enjoyed being able to see some of my daughters activities during the day and eating schedule ect.

Pros

I was introduced to this application while my daughter was in daycare! It was great to receive pictures during her day at "school". You can also see when she ate lunch, if she used the potty and if she napped!

Cons

When I was using this application I did not have a complaint. It did what it was intended to, I personally would not make changes to it.

Megan H.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

It has been good for the most part, I am used to Tadpoles so it took some adjusting. The only thing I like better about Tadpoles is the teacher view 'dashboard' type thing that lists all kiddos and has reminders of what they'll need next. Things slip through the cracks less.

Pros

The customer service is FABULOUS. Also the "real time" feed on the app has been a huge perk for our families.

Cons

Missing some features I am used to - setting reminders for bottles/diapers could be easier and more user friendly. A 'dashboard' view of all the kids in the room with their next bottle/diaper/nap would be super helpful in the infant rooms.

Response from KidReports

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying the service and that the transition has been going well. KidReports offers a more flexible reminder system that can be easily used in the app. You have the opportunity to set reminders directly in the app for individual children, several children or all children in your room. Please let us know if we can further help with this feature request.

Thanks,
The KidReports Team

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tracy P.
Industry: Education Management

Keeping up with the times...

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Today's communication is technology based and this system is a way to meet parents needs by allowing them to chose how they want to receive information.

Pros

This software has given us another avenue to support child learning by engaging parents and keeping them informed.

Cons

There is a lot to learn with this software and if you're not tech savvy it can be a challenge. The customer support is great though so they walk you through it.

Mary M.
Industry: Education Management

Parents really seem to enjoy the app and getting the daily updates.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Most teachers and parents seem to like the app, but some still prefer a more traditional portfolio.

Pros

The software allows for quick and easy communication. It is especially great for alerting the whole school of important news or sending quick reminders.

Cons

We wish that the items in the portfolios could be kept from going out in the daily reports. Parents have already seen the pictures etc. when we release the portfolios during conferences.

Response from KidReports

Hi Mary! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Tasha W.

Kid Reports is an awesome app. There's been some great improvements.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

I love that parents are able to get information anytime they please on their child's day and progress. We strive to go above and beyond for our parents and believe we have using this app. I also love that they can get pictures sent right to their phone.

Cons

It's very hard to use the app when there is an issue with the Wifi or the app itself. We have had problems when it comes to web based.

Response from KidReports

Hi Tasha! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Kristina C.

KidReports

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

KidReports has been a great resource for our teachers and parents. Parents are able to see what their chldren are doing in real time, they can send notes to teachers, teachers can share pictures and videos, safety is less of a concern with timed head counts, our accreditation likes the documentation of portfolios

Pros

Ease of use, portability of information from management software

Cons

There are really no cons to this program

Kristen C.

It is a great software

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

This software is used at my child's school. It is easy to see and navigate through his daily activities. I can see his lunch what he ate and how much if it he ate. The teacher can send me individual messages and let me know about his behavior. I love the app!

Cons

It is overall an awesome app it has frozen up once or twice when trying to navigate between tabs. But I feel that has been fixed.

Kris J.
Industry: Education Management

Difficult to use but cheap

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

Parents love it, teachers find it hard to use

Pros

It uses the same information from our current software, Procare

Cons

App crashes, difficult to upload photo and take quality photos

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Carl W.

Kid Reports

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

Its complete. Many features. I works on many devices.

Customer service was excellent. It makes up for software downfalls.

Cons

Human interface. Drag and drop would be so much better

Kimberly K.

We just started with KidReports and love it!

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

I love the automatic upload from our Procare software. Make my life much easier.

Pros

Parents find it easy to use. The email to new parents is so easy and I love that parents can tailor it to their own wants and needs. I like that as a director I have a dashboard that gives me real time numbers. I also like the alerts when children are moved.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the teachers to see all of their class at one time with pictures. I also wish there was a diaper alert that we could set for every 2 hours.

Amy B.

KidReports is very user friendly and our parents love it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

The software is very easy to use and is very user friendliness.The program is also easy to customize to fit our program.

Cons

When you refresh the program all in progress things get erased. Sometimes it gets hit accidentally and things are suddenly gone.

Response from KidReports

Hi Amy! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!