Event Temple

Venue management & event booking software for event managers

Francisco G.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great customization and easy implementation

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

The setup documentation from EventTemple was remarkably simple. Unnervingly even.

Once the initial setup was done I did one-on-one training with employees - making sure to get feedback from each and implementing any new changes before doing the next round of training. There was some hesitation at first but everyone prefers EventTemple now.

The only feature we're hoping to have is some kind of private dashboard for clients to view setup progress/milestones/pipeline stage.

Pros

Customization has been far easier than expected. Learning the interface and overall features didn't take long and after a bit of brainstorming I had our venue mostly fully configured within 2 weeks. Naturally, there have been small adjustments along the way, but nothing major.

Cons

I wish there were more options when creating documents. Yes, I can absolutely use the table features to create more structure and layout options, but end-users can accidentally adjust the table settings while adding text to intentional blank spaces for them to fill in and suddenly shift everything. A lock option would be great.

When printing it would also be good to remove the option to choose what dimensions the user wants to print to. Letter, A4, etc. It seems as though that should be entered by the admin when creating the document since flexible options will change the layout.

Lastly, a mobile-app would be wonderful - until then, it works just as well on tablet and only slightly different on mobile (must be landscape mode)

Rick K.

They're the best

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I've been using ET since it was first being developed and had many conversations with the developers. They're great folks and open to fresh ideas and input.

Pros

Easy to use. Constantly adding new features. Support is great!

Cons

Everything I need from this software is available. Noo complaints.

Game Changing Product for the Event Industry

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Event Temple has streamlined our process and freed us of the "busy work" and lowered the human margin for error when we get bogged down during the busy season. There is no other Event Industry-specific CRM platform out there that is as robust and responsive to customization as the team at Event Temple has been. The team is all fantastic to work with and are incredibly responsive with questions and requests. I literally can not say enough wonderful things about this company!

Pros

The CRM Automation and Workflow Automation has been a complete game changer for us as a business!

Cons

The Reporting is the only weak area currently on the entire platform, however, I know this is something that is already on Event Temple's radar and after seeing how they improved the overall system from other requests they received from clients I have no doubts this will be improved as well.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks you very much for the great review :)

Carla T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Highly Recommend This Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

As we use Event Temple for art studio & gallery management we push this software above and beyond! We've been able to integrate our industry-specific needs with ease, and have challenged the customer representative team & Team with personalized requirements ~ all which have been met with enthusiasm and success, as well as fabulous hands-on customer support!! We highly recommended this software!

Pros

The pipeline statuses help us keep track of our next steps when doing artist interviews, tracking leads for venue rentals & hosting events... We have been able to do some detailed tweaking to make the software more specific to the art industry and artist studio rentals... looking forward to using the Quickbooks integration for invoicing.

Cons

It does freeze sometimes when more than one of the team uses the platform at the same time...

Jim G.

Event Temple is an amazing product that has helped us More than Double our Wedding Clients

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

There are so many things I like about Event Temple: It makes keeping track of new leads super easy. The pipeline feature allows us to quickly see where clients are in the buying process and alerts us if we need to call, email or text them. Touching base with clients via email or texting via the ET automation is a huge time saver and it has helped us land some big clients.

Getting the client is only half the job and ET also makes the job of managing the client/event all the way up to the wedding and after it a breeze.

Our business has exploded because of this program. Our leads are up a little this year, but we are landing far more of them. I credit Event Temple for that. It is the best investment we have ever made in a software program.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Event Temple. It is easy to use, it works as advertised, and customer service has been stellar.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much for the great review Jim! We worked hard to build something that closes more bookings and I'm so happy to hear that it's working so well for you!

Mary L.

Perfect for our Venue Management

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Event Temple handles all of our needs for sales, booking, logistics and event management into one seamless platform. Previously, our small events department struggled to keep up with inquiries and we weren't able to analyze our effectiveness. With Event Temple, our sales are up, our stress is down, and we are on top of our event logistics. It's perfect for our needs. I've recommended it to several other vendors because we love using it that much.

Pros

Comprehensive, easy to use, key information at a glance, easy to get buy-in from our staff once they got to use it.

Cons

There are a few features that we aren't using yet, but that's only because of our learning curve. The Event Temple staff are very helpful and responsive to customer suggestions for improvements.

Ian W.

Excellent Platform - Personalised Emails Made Easy

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

- Very easy to use
- Allows us to connect with customers on a personal level in a timely and efficient manner
- Text and email function - We text to tell them to look out for our email so quotes etc are never missed.
- This product fills the gap between bulk email services such as Mailchimp etc and ordinary email superbly and it's inexpensive too

Response from Event Temple

Thank you so much for the great review Ian. We are definitely always looking for ways to improve Event Temple. We are big believers in taking customer feedback constantly and we want it to be the very best program in the world at what we do. Thank you again.

Robert N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I have a 24/7 Admin Thanks to Event Temple!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Ease of use, automated emails, calendar, great support

Pros

The customization and ease of use is great. I've given ET some feedback on what I think would be a great feature and they've implemented. They listen to their customers and tweak on-demand. They're IT department is one-of-a-kind. I ran into a modal issue on my website to launch the "get a quote" pop-up and they've helped me with it. I cannot say enough good things about ET and what it's done for my business. I'm a one man operation but using their tools allows me to book more events, keep track of things to do and most of all, love their automated emails.

John A.
  • Industry: Events Services

We were early adopters, and have had a great experience for our wedding venue. Great follow up

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Quick follow up to inquiries.

Pros

The ease with which we can change outgoing emails and pipelines. Customer reps have been very helpful in providing us tips to grow our business, and have been responsive when we've had suggestions or issues

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much for the great review John. It's been awesome getting to know you and Lane and we've really enjoyed being a part of your venue's growth. Here is to your continued success!

Sandy M.

Great application for automated emails which I was doing by hand previously. Tons of time...

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Easy to use. I can create my own forms. Great for following up with current clients and prospective clients automatically. Just enter client's name, email and the template you want following and let it run! The administration is very nice and responsive.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much for the great review Sandy!!!
It's awesome to hear that you are able to manage leads, forms and event planning at your venue with Event Temple.

Fantastic System

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

Overall a fantastic and intuitive system for event planning for a hotel (or hotel like) business where multiple spaces. I love that the team is still constantly developing new features and are open to input from people using it on what kinds of features would be nice to see in the future.

Cons

Not really a con, but I guess that it is still in the development stage. I'm really excited to see what it looks like in the future.

Tina S.

Save's me time which in the end saves me money.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

I love that I have have multiple pipelines to be able to organize my work easily. I purchased the program it did take me a couple of months to really start using it. I love that I can set the follow ups especially from a wedding show. This has saved me a lot of hours each month to which in the end save's me money.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much for the review Tina!

Alex R.
  • Industry: Music

Event Temple has been a fantastic investment for my business! A must have tool for your...

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

CRM usage, revenue increase, better productivity, better organization, stats feature.

Pros

The ease of use. Everything is simplified to provide maximum usage of your time and productivity.
The best part of my business is the follow-up. Event Temple has easy to implement tools to create an automation process for each lead I receive. I can customize email templates to fit my pipeline. The automation feature allows me to view where I stand in my pipeline and reach out by phone or text to leads who have not open any of the emails sent.
There has been a lot of new updates since I began with Event Temple that makes my work more efficient.
Event Temple has increased my efficiency, productivity and more importantly my revenue.

Cons

As far as cons, I would have said phone number search feature, but they just added it about a month or two ago.

Response from Event Temple

Hey Alex! Thanks for the review my friend!!!
I love your Event Temple tutorial videos you have posted on Facebook, it means a lot to us you are spreading the word about our product and company. We have worked really hard on it and it's always nice to see not only a 5 star review but someone willing to publicly spread the word about us and put out tutorial videos to the community. Thanks again!

Staci G.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great product! Saves time and has increased our bookings substantially since we started using...

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

I own two wedding venue's on our farm in South Africa, and we have been using Even Temple since it was released. We have gone from one venue with 40 weddings per year to two venues with over 100 weddings per year. I had tried other email marketing software, but it just doesn't work for our industry and it is overly complicated for what I needed it for. If you have a wedding venue and you are not using Event Temple, you need to try it - trust me, you will be stoked!

Pros

The fact that I only have to send the first email, the rest of the follow-up emails are done for me. This has saved me loads of time and let's be honest here - I was never going to follow-up 5 times if I had to send all of those emails myself!!

Cons

I wish I could add more email addresses to the initial email that I send. I often get an enquiry that has cc'd in the groom or mother or best friend, so it would be great to add these people to the lead.

Response from Event Temple

Hey Staci! Thanks for the great review. You can send to multiple email addresses by using cc or bcc. Let me know if you'd like to hop on a call and I can show you how to do that, it's really easy.

Talk to you soon!

Bob

Stan D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Outstanding program!

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

ET has been a lifesaver, and helps keep everything organized. The other thing that I love, is if I run into any questions - things I can't figure out on my own, the staff at ET are quick to respond and show us the way. In addition, there have been a handful of times when ET didn't have a specific function that my company needed, and they quickly remedied it, and helped us create the solution. Also, I am not a super tech savvy kind of guy, and if I can navigate around the program, I am pretty sure anyone can!

Pros

It has everything I need, from automations to tracking. Makes organization of clients and venues a breeze!

Cons

Nothing to note. There have not been any drawbacks or things I could be critical about.

Response from Event Temple

Thank you so much Stan. It has been a pleasure working with you and it's been an honor getting to you know personally as well. You are an amazing person and we are proud to have you as a customer.

Shirleen B.
  • Industry: Photography

I went from the far side of the psychiatric ward to poster girl for an Efficiency campaign!

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Peace of Mind that my leads are not falling through the cracks.
A n easy way to stay organized and on top of my communications with leads & clients.
A centralized space to write notes about leads and clients.

Pros

Most appreciated:
ease in which it integrates with the contact form on my website
Visual information the pipline gives me. I can see in a glance how many leads I'm managing and what their status is.
I love how I can see who has opened my emails and who hasn't
Love how I can received text directly into Event temple software.

Cons

I wish there were a way I could integrate Event Temple with my Wedding Wire storefront the way it automatically intergrates with my website contact form. That would be amazing.

I wish there were an easy, automatic, simple stupid way to re-arrange the leads in the pipeline to show the lead event dates chronologically so I would know which events are coming up soonest.

I wish there where an Alberta local area code number for the text feature.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much Shirleen!!!

We are working on a Weddingwire integration right now. We do have Alberta area codes as well now for texting your clients, so I'm going to show you those next time we chat.

Andrew L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great product with very responsive customer service

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

Works great, super easy to use and if you're a detail oriented, organized person, ET will help you thrive at your job. Not only does it help me be better organized, but It also makes it very clear what members of my team aren't very organized.

Cons

The few things I didn't like about it, I brought up with CS and the changed the program.

Devail and nikki E.
  • Industry: Events Services

Easy to use site that tracks our bookings. Our only tool we use for tracking.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

The automation has to be the number one pro! We also like being able to see what is booked and open. Recently, we noticed that we can now view email communication between us and our clients. Great update!

Cons

We can't quickly see the event date from the pipeline. We have to use another tool to view this or open up the client page.

Response from Event Temple

Hey Devail and Nikki,

Thanks for the review. It sounds like adding the event date to the pipeline is a big thing for you so I'm going to add that in shortly.

Sam F.

Gamechanger!

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Changed so many things for the better

Pros

Our team can all see where each client is at, which helps us work remotely. The auto responder has gotten a lot of great feedback.

Cons

It took too long to come to my attention. We could have used this many years ago. I do wish I could get better graphical representation of hoe my company is doing

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much Sam. Im so happy to hear about the awesome results you are getting with Event Temple!!!

Dj O.

Definitely worth the cost. My confirmed bookings increased 30-40% the first 6 months

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

I love the automated email followup through my own email account, and ability to draft my own templates to fit my business. I also like being able to view my statistics.

Cons

I'd like the leads to parse from emails automatically without using the third party software. The third party stopped working for me after awhile and I now have to enter leads manually.

Stephanie P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

The best sales automation software I've ever seen for the event industry.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

I absolutely LOVE the automation and template responses! They make it possible to follow up with leads automatically until they respond.

The ability to see where leads are at a glance, and send automated text messages is amazingly powerful.

We recommend this software to all our venue clients. Those who use it see immediate returns in terms of increased response from leads, time saved, and increased bookings as a result.

Cons

I'd like to see more integrations and reporting features.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks so much for the review Steph! We have an integration with Zapier and an API and are able to hook into anything else that has an open API or Zapier integration. Also we just released our advanced reporting last month. Im looking forward to showing you.

Brandon M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great option to never forget your clients!

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Saves me some time not having to actively follow up

Pros

Easy to use, great automation. Being able to see stats on your emails as well as read receipts is awesome!

Cons

For the price, I wish I could use it as a fully developed CRM instead of having to use both ET and 17Hats

Dustin J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

We love using Event Temple to capture, maintain, and track our leads.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

We like the texting feature the most. Our target client's would rather get an instant text message from us than email's or phone calls.

Cons

Event temple is consistently updating their product and features. With that being said there isn't any con's as of right now.

Response from Event Temple

Thank you very much for the review Dustin. Reading your review means a lot, especially since you have a pretty large organization with a large number of users. We will continue to add and update the product and will keep you posted of our future changes.

Yenifer C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Campisi's Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

It's been great so far! Rep. is a great help

Pros

What I like most about this software is how customizable the document are!

Cons

Adding gratuity to each menu item instead of just picking the gratuity once

Anthony S.

Fantastic software and support

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Automatically follows up leads for us.

Pros

The automationed email sequences. Also the zaps i have setup for sending leads from the website to event temple.

Cons

Needs emails & popup reminders for tasks. Event temple needs to be more moblie friendly for use on phones and tablets.

Response from Event Temple

Thanks for the review Anthony! It's awesome to hear you are using it with Zapier as well!!!