Booqable Reviews

All-in-one rental software

Justin J
Justin J
  • Industry: Entertainment

Just the equipment management software I've been dreaming of

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Time savings and management. Simple as that.

Time savings and management. Simple as that.

Pros

Number 1 - Customer support. I've never dealt with a company who works with you on such a personal level and takes care of basically anything you ask for. These guys are true professionals.

After that, its all still so great. The fact that I can manage my inventory, while also populating my website and show what equipment is available to rent saves me an insane amount of time. On top of that, it's integrated with quoting and invoicing. You work out of one database and are able to use it over multiple uses.

It honestly couldn't be easier or time saving.

Cons

There aren't many issues that I have with this software. One of things I brought up was to have the calendar subscription for iCal or Google Calendar show not only the Reserved items, but also what items are Concepts. The built in calendar works great when you're on a computer. But when I need to use my mobile, I generally look to my Google Calendar to get a quick glance of whats going on.

Going on all of that, a stand alone app would be great as well.

These aren't really cons, just things that would improve the experience.

Response from Booqable

Thanks for the compliments Justin, both on our rental software and our team, that means a lot to us :-)
Regarding the calendar; we just released an update that should make it a lot easier to see the status of your orders on the go.
Hope that helps! Cheers!

Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Media Production

Booqable Helps us organize our rental business

Reviewed on 2020/01/25

It has been a good experience as our business grows. We really need the package integration and faster customer support (it has been promised to us for almost 2 years) Overall it has been an easy to use flexible program and we do like it.

Pros

I like the cloud application allowing us to use it anywhere on any device. We use it on iPads on the rental floor, laptops and desktops on our network. The tracking is good for knowing what gear is available or not. generating invoices, quotes, etc are very well done.

Cons

Needs much better integration for package creation. We offer items both individually and as part of a package with extremely high values ($100,000+ per package) and we need to be able to track every component of a package separately. We hate losing a small piece that may cost $1000 or more and we didn't have it barcoded in separately on a check out. Also it has a hard time integrating with Quickbooks and other accounting software. This would be a big improvement. We also want it to have different levels of user interface. We don't need the rental prep techs to see pricing but want them to be able to check in and out gear.

Matt
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Booqable is a hidden gem

Reviewed on 2024/03/12

Pros

Booqable is the only one-stop shop for equipment rental, booking, payment processing, and website hosting. They make it very easy to setup a website with a full backend for your business. You can't build this in WordPress or shopify without spending hundreds more a month.

Cons

The shipping and delivery options. It is very limited still. My company needs the ability to integrate third-party delivery apps as well as route shipments and charge based on distance. Also, the web builder is limited. This needs to be greatly improved to match wordpress or shopify themes.

WordPress

Erica
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Non-Existent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

I hate waiting 4+ hours for some bot to respond in an email that doesn't even answer my questions. Then I'm still stuck without an answer and lost time.

Pros

It's nice to have an online store, but it would be nicer if it all worked right.

Cons

There is no way to contact a person when you need help. Customer Service is definitely lacking and could use some improvements.

• Industry: Photography

My booqable experience

Reviewed on 2024/02/01

it's been great so far, the customer support has been superb and the feature set is exactly what we need at my company.

Pros

it's intergration with zapier and stripe was beautiful.
the inventory is flawless and super easy to create invoices and contracts

Cons

that the zapier integrations are very basic and can't do anything advanced like create and send invoices to clients yet but with time maybe it'll become a feature

Petra
  • Industry: Sports

Easy to use rental booking software

Reviewed on 2024/02/06

I have been using Booqable for a long time and they have made many upgrades during that time so little by little it,s getting the best booking platform out there.

Pros

Booking management and easy website integration.

Cons

Unable to do invoices correctly through the web app, and there is no individual calendar option on each product for other integration platforms and it is impossible to do multiple languages.

Jennifer

Small Business Life Saver

Reviewed on 2024/03/29

I have been very happy with the functionality of Booqable. It does everything I need it to do

Pros

Booqable was the answer for our new small business. We needed a way to track inventory, create orders, and track payments. This was so easy to learn!

Cons

The only tech support with a live person is during the week. So if you are stuck on the weekend, the bot might help, but most likely you are waiting for Monday for a human to help.

Inger

Very happy with Booqable

Reviewed on 2024/03/13

We are very satisfied with the use. We experience the benefits every day!

We are very satisfied with the use. We experience the benefits every day!

Pros

Booqable works very intuitively and clearly. It took little effort to find my way around. Now that it is working, we are very satisfied with its ease of use, and our customers also think it looks professional. Top!

Cons

When you use the trial version, it is not clear which functions are included in which package.

Harry
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Bike Rental

Reviewed on 2024/02/21

Seamless integration with Shopify. No issues at all during use and customer service is incredible.

Pros

Fantastic app for on the go management
Quotations, invoice, payments all seamsless

Cons

Not applicable. Very easy to use. Great software

Filemon
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I like the booking system the most.

Reviewed on 2024/02/27

Pros

I like the booking system the most.
I really like how easy it is to use the booking system.
The booking system is very user-friendly, very efficient and reliable.

Cons

The least I liked was that the website is not available in multiple languages.

John
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Just use Booqable.

Reviewed on 2022/10/05

Booqable is scalable for no matter the business plan you have. Simple inventory up to running an online shop. If its only part of your business or your core, you can utilize it at any level. It's clean, runs great, and is easy to use. This teamed with their outstanding customer service leads to a great product.

Pros

I think this is the simplest, most user-friendly product you can use. What I love the most is that this software doesn't take up too much time or effort to use. They make everything plug and play and in lots of situations, turnkey. I work as a cinematographer and use the software for tracking my equipment, building quotes, and some small rentals to colleagues, but I don't want the mess of running a rental house. Booqable makes it easy to do all I need without the major time investment. If you want to get into the details, go for it, but if you want simple item tracking/webshop/inventory, it's great. Also, the customer service has always been top notch, and I have been a user for years and never had an issue.

Cons

I would say my only con is there could be a cleaner calendar view, and the app needs a little work, I wish I could send quotes from the app itself instead of having to go to the desktop site.

sevDesk and Rentman

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

It checked all the boxes I needed and the price was great.
Erik
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

It seems as though Booqable was custom made for our business!

Reviewed on 2022/12/30

Amazing, attentive support. Makes us feel and look organized.

Amazing, attentive support. Makes us feel and look organized.

Pros

Booqable ensures that we never double book canoes, shuttles, guides or gear. It lets us see the everything very clearly as well as apply specific items to clients. For example, we can say canoe #12 will be rented to John Doe. We need this feature because our gear is constantly being pulled out of use for maintenance so we need to be able to apply specific units to customers. Booqable was the only software that allowed us to do this.

Cons

The App for tablets and phones is not usable.

rezStream

Reasons for Choosing Booqable

Rezstream was MUCH more expensive without the features.

rezStream

Price and features.
Scott

The Best Bike Rental Management & Booking Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

If you're a rental business, go with Booqable. You won't regret it. We get tremendous feedback from our customers on the ease of using our site and the online booking capabilities. The backend makes managing rentals a breeze!

You can see my implementation at https://www.napleselectricbikes.com.

Pros

Booqable is absolutely amazing! The online booking integration is hands down the most seamless and intuitive for the consumer/user. I love that we were able to create an online checkout process that felt inline with other e-commerce platforms but in a rental environment. This functionality reduces the friction to booking online and increases the experience before the customer even touches your products.

The backend calendar and inventory management is a delight to work with and the payment integration with Stripe is seamless. Honestly, this software is extremely well thought out and is perfect for rental businesses.

Cons

There aren't any cons to this platform. They are constantly adding new features and offer superb customer service.

Peek Pro, bike.rent Manager and FareHarbor

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable allowed me to integrate a seamless online booking experience that I was fully able to customize to meet our brand and fulfillment expectations.
Jan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

With Booqable a big leap forward for our E-bike rental business

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

The word that sticks for me is “easy”. Rental of E-bike can be really hectic, especially during high season. It’s good to know that Booqable helps you through the busy times. Both on desktop and mobile devices.

Pros

Easy to implement in your daily workflow. Easy to integrate with our website. And easy to use. Clients like it as well. So, everybody happy..

Cons

Before implementing you have to make a plan on how you want to use this software. This is not something I don’t like about Booqable, it’s just something you have to realize before starting with any rental software

Smoobu

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The overall feeling was that Booqable was the easiest to implement in our workflow. Also the integration in our website was a quick fix. And last but not least the team behind the scenes is very helpfull.
Amy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Saved my sanity during my first year in business

Reviewed on 2022/12/23

This has drastically simplified my life as my inventory grew in my first year of business. I would not have been able to stay organized without this software!

Pros

The inventory management is the most critical component in my mind. While managing multiple rental products, I would have been unable to track each order easily, and manage knowing availability for each item based on what each client was interested in, given that this is a side business and was sometimes managing up to 10 clients per week during the summer. The orders are easy to create, the views and the sorting making it easy to find upcoming jobs to stay prepared for what’s to come, and I could confidently tell new clients what was available on their desired date!

Cons

There are a few bugs in the software that resolve themselves when the page is refreshed. Not inhibiting my ability to accomplish desired tasks

Goodshuffle Pro

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The entry level price was super attractive to me for my first year. It made it easy to dip my toe in the water and I am strongly considering upgrading for Year 2.
Maura

Our Experience with Booqable

Reviewed on 2023/06/28

We are able to have customers reserve, book and pay on there own. Authorizing cards for security deposits and a calendar showing availability is great! Our experience has been been awesome. We can have an affordable rental website that our customers and us enjoy!

Pros

We have really enjoyed using booqable because of the simplicity of the website for the business owner. It is super easy for users to check availability and reserve our products.

Cons

Because the website feature is so new there are still small changes or kinks to work out.

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable was already set up and catered to business owners who were renting a product or service for a set amount of time. It's programed to book and reserve and very user friendly!
Pierrot
  • Industry: Sports

Booqable for rental business model

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

Pros

How complete it is. You can really start-up a rental business completely using booqable - it's not just an add-in.Big PLUS: the service is extraordinary. Within 4hours, I get exactly what I need from a HUMAN. That's awesome.

Cons

The web-site builder is nothing compared to Wix or Shopify, there is only 1 template, I can't be very creative since I have to follow the structure of Booqable. The Traductions parameter (I work in French, Canada) is not 100% effective (there are still words that won't translate, even if the parameter is set).

Reasons for Choosing Booqable

The Rental parameter of Booqable works greater.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The cost. I'm starting up.
Chris
  • Industry: Automotive

Used daily in my boutique rental business in the UK.

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Generally very good - 8/10. Everyone can always do better.

Generally very good - 8/10. Everyone can always do better.

Pros

Inventory management and reservation management function. Customer often just place an enquiry and Booqable allows me to promote the enquiry to an order whilst managing my inventory at the same time.

Cons

They sometimes implement features which breaks something else. It's only happened a couple of times, but I feel they do do as rigorous testing in the dev/test environment as they should. I don't want to be stood with a customer, about to close an order and find I cannot perform a function on the system.

Rentman

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Rentman is really good, but it was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay at the time.
Alain William
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

So glad that I chose Booqable!

Reviewed on 2023/06/10

I am super happy with Booqable – it's been an absolute breeze setting my site up and starting to get my business ready for launch.

Pros

Booqable is incredibly easy to setup with an amazing user interface, along with virtually every feature I could possibly need to start my online rental company.

Cons

My only concern, which is really specific to me and not so much an issue with Booqable itself is that with only allowing for Stripe and PayPal integration, I've struggled a bit as a South African (with Stripe not being immediately accessible, and having to jump through a few hoops to get this going). The only thing I would add to the platform which really is quite specific to me would be to allow for the integration of alternative payment gateways, but I understand why this is a bit of a hurdle and probably not a high priority.

Yo!Rent

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable's offering and pricing was much, much clearer. Without going through an application process etc. with Yo!Rent I wouldn't even know how much it would cost me per month.
Alex
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A-LOT of software for the money!

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Best bang for your buck rental software. Easily used by me and my customers, once you're familiar. Significantly reduced my workload and increased the legitimacy of my business.

Pros

Booqable is a life-saver. Being a small business that isnt available 24/7, I was missing out on rental orders that came in at times we were not available. Having a free online webstore that allows my customers to book orders 24/7/365 has reduced our work load, and increased our sales. This has put us on the map.

Cons

I wish there was a way customers could upload documents - i.e, a picture of their driver's license. Or, a way that they could sign a contract prior to booking an order as opposed to just Accepting the Terms and Conditions.

TapGoods PRO

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Price. TapGoods appeared to be an excellent product, but I didnt need some of the additional features at the higher price.
Sarah

So glad I switched !

Reviewed on 2023/06/14

I switched to Booqable to save some money. Our last software system was more expensive and only allowed for a certain amount of inventory. I needed to add inventory to our business and this was going to increase the price. I am so glad I found Booqable. It is so affordable and even thought it is missing a couple of features compared to the other site I actually prefer it overall and for less money!!!

Pros

It is pleasing to the eye and easy to use. It does everything that I need it to do at an affordable price. My business is seasonal so I also like the fact that you can put your account on hold in the off season.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to add a damage waiver option that was a percentage of the order total and easy to remove if the customer didn’t want to pay it. Right now I have it set up as a tax which works but if they don’t want to apply it to their order it is a little annoying to remove. They also cannot do it themselves from the online store. I also wish Booqable would calculate the travel fee, however it is simple to add a line to the quote for this I just have to calculate it myself. This also isn’t added when customers order online and I have to add it for them.

InflatableOffice

To save money.

Event Rental Systems

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Price and they way it looks.
kimberly

Intuitive app that integrates easily, sets up quickly, and provides a great experience for our...

Reviewed on 2024/01/07

Honestly, the customer service is exceptional and expedient. The site is easy to set up, and though I did not use it, the offered 30-minute setup sessions for $100 bucks (I believe for 4 total) seem like a real value as well. The few things I needed help with were quickly answered via chat and email, and the mass of tutorial videos is a great asset as well.
The site is very customizable and our business really enjoys that we can match it at a very high detail level to our eCommerce website.

I can't stress enough how intuitive the Booqable team has made their project. We are new to using this platform, so knock on wood, our high expectations will be fulfilled (they have been across the board so far). Our team is excited for an upgrade from a past platform and loves the control we have over our product.

Pros

Customer Service
Intuitiveness (for staff and customers alike)
Customizability
Ease of Setup

Cons

There is not much I dislike; though we are new, I have been very happy with the process. I do wish the essential plan came with a small limit of coupon codes. I would be interested to see how much business we could drive with just one or two codes. I do think it is fair to have package capabilities on the next tier up and we may look at this for a future season if all is going well as hoped.

Lee

Affordable Solution with Webstore, Barcodes & Very Cool to Use

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

My experience has been excellent from setting it up, to processing orders & the service team is very responsive.

Pros

Online store was a must. There's very few affordable packages that do this so that really narrowed the field which is surprising because it's 2020 not 2005. It's very easy to use, looks modern, is easy to read & works the way you expect. Barcoding is a great feature. The Pro subscription has unlimited products & 5 users which is just right for our company. My warehouse manager loves it too. Support has been excellent & I was able to integrate it with my Wordpress site.

Cons

The only minor thing was that I was limited in what fields I could import & can't modify products in bulk but that's only an issue when you first set it up.

Jemima
Jemima

Software that grows with your business

Reviewed on 2022/01/29

Very good customer service, intuitive for staff to use and we love the new mobile app as we work a lot outside! I recommend Booqable all the time to other small business owners looking for similar solutions.

Pros

It is continuously improving, both in usability and new features.

Cons

I would like to be able to use it for my other business - and I'm sure I will in future if the feature set keeps growing!

Taylor
  • Industry: Events Services

Great software thats always evolving to meet customer needs

Reviewed on 2023/05/18

The booqable team are amazingly helpful and the product functions well almost all the time, very minimal down/maintenance so software is always ready to use. I love that they are always improving the product and look forward to seeing some of my suggestions eventually implemented to the system

Pros

I love that I can manage my inventory, raise invoices/quotes, take payments, and send automated/templated emails all through booqable, and that its online order function can be embedded within my existing website.

Cons

I would like for my customers to pick option to pay deposit only or full payment at checkout, currently you have to apply one option only.I would like the start and return dates to automatically be removed if the order contains consumables/retail only (no hire).I would like to see more report options like total sales, export sales (without the need for an additional plug in such as xero)Id like to be able to attach documents/files to a booqable email from my desktopI would like for more functions that are available on desktop to be available in the app version.