Artem V.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Manager, Inside Sales

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

We are trying to accomplish a few different things with Spark Hire. First and foremost, we want to widen our candidate pool. The positions where we use Spark Hire usually have 100+ applicants. Typically we would bring in only 5 of those candidates to interview in-person, but by using Spark Hire's one-way interview feature, we can widen our net and video interview up to 20 candidates. Many times we end up hiring someone who would not have gotten an in-person interview had we only selected the top 5 candidates.

Pros

Sparkhire is a good platform for video interviewing. Whether you're using it for one position or multiple positions, it can handle the job. It's user interfaces are intuitive and the functionality allows us to do many things. In fact we don't even take advantage of all the software is able to do. The one-way interview feature is by fare what we use the most often. It allows us to interview more people to begin with. The set up of the interviews is easy and the feature that lets you record video intros to any question you send is very nice as well.

Cons

The pricing for this software is different. You pay based on the number of jobs you want to use it for at the same time. Since our hiring goes in cycles, many times we only need it for one job, but sometimes we need it for up to 5 jobs. We end up paying for 5 jobs all throughout the year since that is the max number we might need, but we only use it for 1 job much of the year. There are some little features that could be improved, and we'd love for Spark Hire to tie into our current application system (it does some but not ours), but overall we like the product.

Alexis eva A.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Disappointed by price

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

It was fine - but there were too many things that I didn't like for me to continue being a paid customer. I find another alternative

Pros

The video quality was very good, as is the candidate interface, and their customer service was attentive.

Cons

1) Trial period is too short and they charged me directly without asking me beforehand (I hate that!). I know I gave me C/C info but I feel that you should confirm the option with the client before charging. Even the customer service rep who was following up with me was surprised that I had been charged before we had even had our first call.

2) The candidate response time for the one-way interviewing was capped at 3 min. My questions require greater response time.

3) To increase the allotted time you have to upgrade to another pricepoint which was not what I wanted to do.

4) The number of ppl from my team who could access the interviews was limited.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Spark Hire Makes Hiring More Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

Spark Hire is the "new normal" for hiring, helping to make the hiring process more efficient while still maintaining a personal touch. It allows you to set up either one-way or two way interviews with potential candidates, allowing great screening prior to final in-person interviews. It is ideal for all sizes of companies and for most (if not all) positions. I like that the questions can be customized, you can create different custom question sets, create video intros and outros, and the entire service is branded for your company. There is the ability (with some accounts, depends on price) to have multiple jobs open and have multiple users (i.e. the entire hiring team) who review submissions.

The program is incredibly user-friendly from both the company perspective as well as the candidate perspective. There is a great knowledge base as well as video tutorials, and for the company there is a terrific onboarding service. I like that there are a variety of pricing levels with various features to best fit a user's needs. For me, I appreciate that my clients who use Spark Hire can go month-to-month on use when they are not on a complete hiring rampage. We can essentially turn the program on and off on an as-needed basis which makes it incredibly cost effective for our needs. For power users there are annual payment plans to help drive costs lower.

Cons

Up to this point, I have not found any "cons" that would prevent me from using or recommending the product. I guess one "con" would be getting potential candidates to actually get over their reticence about doing a video interview, but honestly if they refuse then they are generally not the type of candidates that my clients would be looking for.

Oscar E.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Spark Hire is Vital to Saving you time in the Hiring Process

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

This is a very well thought out and developed product. The management team does a great job of following up with you and making sure that you have all of the tools to make this tool a vital part of your hiring process. I highly recommend this software and guarantee that it will save your team time and money both going through the interview process as well as employee turnover.

Pros

-Very User-Friendly and clean interface
-The video interview tool is very complete and easy to use for both user and admin
-Takes time away from doing a complete phone screen
-Very customizable to show off your brand
-Has a built-in scheduling tool that helps with the candidate booking a time (if approved) to interview with you
-Amazing Customer Service and support that walk you through the entire set up process
-A dedicated Account Manager that follows up regularly
-Built-in interview questions that allow for a thorough screening process

Cons

-There are occasional blips that cause the video interview not to save (very rare, but happens)
-Getting the candidates used to this kind of "phone screen" /pre-interview process takes a bit, but Spark Hire provide pointers to help mitigate any confusion

Kelley M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

We are a commercial cleaning company and need to constantly hire - previously this was a huge headache and time waste each week and many of the candidates would not show up at all or would not be good candidates for the position when they did. With Spark Hire we get to screen the candidates before spending the time to go and meet someone - we can see the quality of the candidate and know what to expect before meeting them in person. Additionally, we have found the no-show rate has dropped almost 100% because we find that those who are willing to go through our other steps, culminating in taking the time to film a video interview are typically better candidates overall and more committed to getting a job.

Pros

We LOVE Spark Hire for the amount of time and headache it has saved us. Being able to review candidate interviews at our convenience as well as see the candidates before determining whether or not to meet them in person is huge.

Cons

There's really not anything I dislike about the software - it meets all of my needs at this time.

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Its a valuable that we have used to help us get to the best candidates quicker.

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

I love how it helps screen candidates and allows us to quickly get a read on the people applying. The support has been really good as well. Rep has been very helpful in getting us what we need and giving good advice.

Cons

We have had very little issues. - So not much to say here.

Bailey S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Certainly Useful, but Not as Personal

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Overall, this is a great and efficient app for HR to speed up the interview process. I can completely see why departments choose to use this system. The best part is simply the amount of applicants that can be reviewed in such a short amount of time. In the past, you were limited by time and resources, but this software gets rid of those issues. It is also helpful to be able to go back and review an interview again, which obviously isn't possible with an in person interview outside out notes.

Cons

The main negative I have with this is that it takes the personal interaction out of the initial interview process. Obviously, after initial screening, you would then move into phone or in person interviews, but you would just hate for someone to slip through the cracks because of an awkward video interview.

Todd M.

Great recruitment tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Ensures that our recruitment team is interviewing the right candidates.

Pros

Spark Hire really helps make our initial candidate screening uniform and cuts down on the hours recruiters need to spend interviewing candidates. Once the One-Way is viewed, it allows us to quickly know if we want to move onto a live interview.

Cons

No real cons. It does what I expect it to do.

Claudia M.

ACCES Employment Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

It's been a great experience. We are now looking at training so we can take advantage of all that the product offers.

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate, and we have not received any complaints from our clients

Cons

We don't have any complaints at this time, other that we wish it was a little less expensive since we are paying in Canadian dollars

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Great customer service and technical support.

Pros

The ease of being able to screen candidates in large amounts for cultural fits in the company.

Cons

The inability to brand different groups internally. We can only have one company brand, but internally many of our departments function with their own unique identity.

Iryna K.

Great tool , definitely a bog help!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Great!

Pros

I looove that it saves tons of my tie and actually shows me how interested the candidate is in the position. I can use tags and rating for my candidates nd filter them however I want.
Always easy to come back and revisit some answers or refresh my memory about some candidates. Tech support is always responsive!

Cons

Sometimes the sftware has bugs (if the candidate has some wrong version of PC or other computer issues), but ostly it's working great1

Nate T.

User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Love it! They answer questions from candidates, which is awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to move around the platform, set up videos and questions, create links and follow through one OneWay submissions

Cons

More customization would be awesome. After speaking to some Customer Service folks, it sounds like that is in the pipeline. Certain features are going to boost this platform, no doubt!

Latisha M.

Spark Hire

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Pros

I really like spark hire. It is easy to navigate through and easy to locate completed Video Interview's.

Cons

There is nothing that i do not like about Spark hire. I have enjoyed using it.

Response from Spark Hire

Hi Latisha,
Thank you for your awesome review! We are happy to hear how easy-to-use you have found our platform! Happy hiring!

Spark Hire - One Way Video Interviewing

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Clients enjoy 'meeting' candidates before deciding who to invite to interview. Candidates appreciate that it saves time and cost of fighting traffic and attending interviews when a video interview can save time.

Pros

The ability to schedule candidates to take one-way video interviews in their own time.

Cons

The standard email that is sent to candidates is very basic, but love that we can customize it.

Yasmin Y.

What I like about Spark Hire

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

I had a wonderful user experience and me and my team enjoy working with it.

Pros

Spark Hire is easy to use, keeps you constantly updated and can easily be used on different devices.

Cons

I wish you have more options and features on mobile devices as they are very limited.

Larissa S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

I like the fact that the candidate has the opportunity to interview in the privacy of their own home

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like. Very easy to use

Annie D.
  • Industry: Building Materials

SparkHire is worth it!

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

great experience. My time is valuable and this saves me a ton of it.

Pros

Once SparkHire is set up, it is easy to use. Best part of this system is that it saves us time.

Cons

Set up is time consuming at first. But after that, it's a lot better.

Response from Spark Hire

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your awesome review! We appreciate you sharing how easy-to-use and time-saving our platform has been for you. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Evan W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Sparkhire is great for interviewing candidates

Reviewed on 2019/01/05

Pros

This application is extremely easy to use and the navigation is almost self explanatory. No background knowledge in computers is required to use this app and is great for interviews.

Cons

The downside to this application is that it does cost a fair amount per month. That being said, it limits smaller businesses and companies from adopting this app to their workflow.

Amanda H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Love this service! It has been a time saver for our organization!

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Time savings.

Pros

The amount of time we have saved by utilizing this service for the first step in our interviewing process! The cost is very reasonable and worth the value!

Cons

Product does not work well for Manufacturing candidates because of computer familiarity for this group of candidates.

Kim W.

Time Saving Tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

The results are usually good and usable, sometimes there is some compatibility issues but it is usually due to wifi issues.

Pros

We are able to do candidate evaluations at the beginning of the recruitment process to weed out unqualified candidates and identify highly regarded talent. This saves our client's time in the process by using the SparkHire videos as a first interview to view when they have time in their day.

Cons

I wish we could edit more to delete wifi glitches or shorten if needed.

Response from Spark Hire

Hi Kim,
Thank you for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We are so happy to hear that our candidate evaluations feature has been helpful in saving your clients' time! We appreciate hearing from you!

Andrew C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

so far, so good! It has been a much better experience, 100% better, than the last video...

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

I like that I can customize the experience for each candidate if needed. The flip side to that is I can slow standardized the experience for each candidate given the role I am using the service for.

Cons

The only can I have that is sometimes the candidate does not see the email as it will sometimes go to their junk mail file. now that is not the programs issue, but the candidate's email provider.

Tara C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent - I was hired in part due to my sparkhire interview!

Reviewed on 2017/08/06

Included many more candidates in my search process than would have progressed simply through resume submission; I also used the software as a candidate on the other side as part of my own hiring process! I felt very personally engaged with my subsequent employer from the outset!

Pros

Provides an easy snapshot intro to candidates off the page, and very easily accessible from mobile as well as desktop.

Cons

It doesn't have resumes attached to profiles for direct download which can be annoying when this is the first point of contact with a candidate I would like to move onwards in our interview process - would be great if their resume were automatically attached to the profile for greater ease of use!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Ideal Software for Your Video Conference Calls

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

Although this program was designed to interview applicants, I use it to interview my clients that can’t meet with me in person. I basically want to get a feel of their needs and preferences and I believe that body language is important. No need to worry about a complicated software. It’s quite straightforward and simple to use. The video and audio is clear and I can complete my video sessions in a timely manner. This software allows you to write notes about your clients so you can keep track about your conversations. I’m so glad I found this software online.

Cons

The price is quite steep and they charge by a number of people you talk to. I think they should just make a package for basic and unlimited calls so it won’t be too costly.

Maddison S.

Our experience with Spark Hire has been so positive! We use it everyday to screen talent!

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

It is a huge time saver! I love being able to view our candidates ahead of time before we move forward in our hiring process!

Pros

Spark Hire provides our company with an easy way to view and vet talent interested in joining our platform. It is fairly self-explanatory and takes a huge load off of our team (if it weren't for Sparkhire we would have to do all phone or skype interviews which is highly time consuming.

Cons

From a back-end view, it is not always easy to personalize the videos--if there was a way that we could adjust the questions to be more brand specific that would be very helpful.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

I can't imagine doing my job without it. It is so affordable, the customer service reps are awesome, and I have yet to have a candidate complain about their experience.

Pros

The one-way interview option has significantly cut back on the amount of time I spend interviewing a candidate. I now utilize this as my knockout session and it has saved me and the candidate a lot of time.

Cons

For a while there were some issues with it's integration with Adobe Flash. They have since resolved this.